VIP drop chance. - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

VIP drop chance.

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#26 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:02 AM

Your math makes a potentially false assumption as to the re-roll strength (gum being X2 instead of X1.5 and HE gum being X3 instead of X2).

Also not sure where you are getting 0.035% card drop, unless iRO has a custom card drop rate I don't know about.

#27 ensignfluke

ensignfluke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:54 AM

Lets ignore what is "supposed" at this point and start over.

I can't just ignore this and start over though. What I believed it to be, and what it really is are two different things now. Your website says that it is 150% drop rates for drops and I believed that it was just what it was before, so that is what I am expecting it to be and anything less is the same poor bs coding that you have for bubblegum and not fair to me or anyone else for that matter.

The VIP system does enhance the rate of gaining items from monsters. It does do this in a different way than the VIP server method we had prior, and infact it is impossible for us to do so. I'll try to explain why so you understand as I understand it.

Best I can say is that the VIP system is better than not having VIP. Even if you have bubblegum active it is better. We will see about modifying the Bubblegum to give "extra" effect when used by a VIP account, but I know that it won't be 100% accurate compared with before.

I don't accept this answer, especially the part about modifying the gum, but not the VIP drop rate which I already pay for. Why not modify the VIP effect to be higher than 150% so that it actually matches what we had before? I know we're paying less now than before, but come on, this game is olddd and I've dumped my fair share into it already.

#28 Fureedo

Fureedo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationIn a wind tunnel...in my dream~
  • Server:All of em?

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:07 PM

I can't just ignore this and start over though. What I believed it to be, and what it really is are two different things now. Your website says that it is 150% drop rates for drops and I believed that it was just what it was before, so that is what I am expecting it to be and anything less is the same poor bs coding that you have for bubblegum and not fair to me or anyone else for that matter.

I don't accept this answer, especially the part about modifying the gum, but not the VIP drop rate which I already pay for. Why not modify the VIP effect to be higher than 150% so that it actually matches what we had before? I know we're paying less now than before, but come on, this game is olddd and I've dumped my fair share into it already.

Statistically, even if they made it over NINE THOUSAND %, it still wouldn't be the same as before.

You're, sadly, free to not accept reality though.

Edited by Fureedo, 27 April 2011 - 12:07 PM.

#29 ensignfluke

ensignfluke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:17 PM

Statistically, even if they made it over NINE THOUSAND %, it still wouldn't be the same as before.

You're, sadly, free to not accept reality though.

I'm fine with not accepting reality when the reality is more BS from Heim and friends from Gravity. I don't like being screwed over and then being told to pay more if I want the same service as before. At least they should have been honest about what 150% really meant before people paid for it thinking that they were really getting 150% drops instead of the bubble gum effect.

It's disgusting that anyone would even defend them for stuff like this. Honestly, it took Heim almost 3 weeks to even respond to this thread.

Edited by ensignfluke, 27 April 2011 - 12:20 PM.

#30 brokenguy

brokenguy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:24 PM

Your math makes a potentially false assumption as to the re-roll strength (gum being X2 instead of X1.5 and HE gum being X3 instead of X2).

Also not sure where you are getting 0.035% card drop, unless iRO has a custom card drop rate I don't know about.

Gum is not x2 or x3. Gum being as a re-roll as Heim said and which seems to be true under the fact that an item that drop 90% still do not drop 100% with gum. The theory with that gum is a multiplier x2 or x3 or whatever with a cap seems to hold true as well for item that won't drop when it's over 100%. If you followed the math involve with re-roll and multiplier, it is close to each other, but is not the same. It is really hard to disprove one another unless you either look at the code itself or test it out in the millions to see the differences.
And Gum is another re-roll of 100% and HE Gum is another re-roll of 200%. I do not know where you get the idea of 1.5x and 2x... Maybe from Battle manual? Battle +50% and HE battle +100%
Gum: http://www.playragna...px?i=34&p=1&c=1
HE Gum: http://www.playragna...x?i=182&p=1&c=1

As for the card drop, sorry I wasn't clear on it. What I mean by base on my post is the base of a VIP server... The one before VIP system went into affect. The drop rate is increased by 50%, or (base rate * 1.5). So if a card drop at a rate of .02%, the new base rate would be .035%. In most cases, it would be .04% instead due to round off.(And maybe that's why iRO listed card dropping at a 2x rate and item 1.5x rate)

#31 geniewinie

geniewinie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:48 AM

The point is, for a 90% item that should drop didn't drop on having 100+% drop rate, with all buffed included (VIP, gum, etc). which means there is something wrong.

#32 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Server:Iris

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:18 AM

at least the gms could take me out to dinner before they try and-_- me... i at least deserve that. vip =/= ymir a month ago. this is a problem

#33 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:24 AM

Gum is not x2 or x3. Gum being as a re-roll as Heim said and which seems to be true under the fact that an item that drop 90% still do not drop 100% with gum. The theory with that gum is a multiplier x2 or x3 or whatever with a cap seems to hold true as well for item that won't drop when it's over 100%. If you followed the math involve with re-roll and multiplier, it is close to each other, but is not the same. It is really hard to disprove one another unless you either look at the code itself or test it out in the millions to see the differences.
And Gum is another re-roll of 100% and HE Gum is another re-roll of 200%. I do not know where you get the idea of 1.5x and 2x... Maybe from Battle manual? Battle +50% and HE battle +100%
Gum: http://www.playragna...px?i=34&p=1&c=1
HE Gum: http://www.playragna...x?i=182&p=1&c=1

As for the card drop, sorry I wasn't clear on it. What I mean by base on my post is the base of a VIP server... The one before VIP system went into affect. The drop rate is increased by 50%, or (base rate * 1.5). So if a card drop at a rate of .02%, the new base rate would be .035%. In most cases, it would be .04% instead due to round off.(And maybe that's why iRO listed card dropping at a 2x rate and item 1.5x rate)

I get the +100% from the MVP box which says "drops +100% for 30 mins" and comes with 2 HE gums, as well as the fact that HE gum has only ever nearly doubled my end-quantity drops not nearly tripled. you're going entirely off the in game description of bubble gum to me . . .

#34 Shane

Shane

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:35 AM

I get the +100% from the MVP box which says "drops +100% for 30 mins" and comes with 2 HE gums, as well as the fact that HE gum has only ever nearly doubled my end-quantity drops not nearly tripled. you're going entirely off the in game description of bubble gum to me . . .

...And yet you're going off the ingame description of MVP box?

?????????

Regular gum has long been thought of as +100% (one reroll), HE gum has been +200% (two rerolls) since its inception. Until there's some kind of definitive test proving otherwise, that's the way it will stay.

#35 Shane

Shane

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:37 AM

Ahh god damnit I got tricked into arguing with Jayed again nooooo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users