Rim's Naked PvP League - Suggestions Thread - Page 3 - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Rim's Naked PvP League - Suggestions Thread

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#51 MicoJive

MicoJive

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:27 PM

/offtopic

someone please tell me how to ignore users on here so i can continue reading without having to look at what that fool has to say.

#52 Kazra

Kazra

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 958 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:38 PM

You were never forced to read it. Christ, do you have to post something like that every single time DirtyClaw posts? If you don't want to read it, skip it. Big deal. It's more annoying when you keep posting "blahblah this guy is annoying can't read how to ignore????"

#53 to0n

to0n

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1075 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 12 April 2011 - 04:14 PM

Keep skill restrictions but keep trying to balance it.

No instant heal/wide heal.

Also, allowing heal skills will make Shamans an even higher priority.

Edited by to0n, 12 April 2011 - 06:00 PM.

#54 Midoof

Midoof

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • Locationocean

Posted 12 April 2011 - 04:59 PM

The question about skill restrictions is kind of in the air for me as I'm not sure what we're aiming for in this pvp league. From my experience this week without heals, the tempo is very fast and Rim did mention in the other thread's OP that the rules are geared for quick-paced battles. Introducing even Slow Heal will slow the tempo by a lot. Not sure what the community favors, but I'm definitely against slowing the tempo down too much. Having 1 clutch Instant Heal per match does seem rather interesting and reasonable though!

As long as nothing is overcentralizing (ie. parry, silence trap) we're heading in the right direction. Keep it competitive, no sure-fire win strategies.

#55 MicoJive

MicoJive

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:58 PM

You were never forced to read it. Christ, do you have to post something like that every single time DirtyClaw posts? If you don't want to read it, skip it. Big deal. It's more annoying when you keep posting "blahblah this guy is annoying can't read how to ignore????"

1m $0rry d0 1 n33d t0 t@lk lyke th1s t0 g@t s0m3 h3lp?

#56 Deathrowz

Deathrowz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts
  • LocationTdot !

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:59 PM

why not give allow mages to self heal :P
for one it consumes a good amount of mp.
Also it doesn't heal others.
and i guess it would benefit the survival chance of most mages.

just me 2 cents.

#57 Kazra

Kazra

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 958 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 April 2011 - 08:14 PM

1m $0rry d0 1 n33d t0 t@lk lyke th1s t0 g@t s0m3 h3lp?

You were obviously seeking attention/agreement :| You have a signature, which means you've clicked on the drop down bar on your name before.

Self Heal would honestly do nothing tbh.. and I doubt people even have that skill :P You'll heal for a pitiful amount. Sanctuary allowed seems better.

#58 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 12 April 2011 - 09:13 PM

If I wanted to play with no restrictions you'd see me in the pvp lobby more often. Pvp like that is incredibly boring to me because it's not "oh man I got outplayed" it's "oh man I got hit by swords dance or sleep, let me go read a book till I die"

Are you sure gear isn't the problem?

#59 GrapefruitGod

GrapefruitGod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • LocationSurrounded by kneesocks
  • Server:decard

Posted 12 April 2011 - 09:32 PM

Are you sure gear isn't the problem?

Quite.

#60 ImDiene

ImDiene

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationYurai's <3

Posted 12 April 2011 - 10:01 PM

YOU CAN MINUS 4TH CLASS SKILLS TOO
IN ADDITION TO MINUS HEAL
FOR NO SKILL RESTRICTIONS

#61 Deathrowz

Deathrowz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts
  • LocationTdot !

Posted 13 April 2011 - 04:22 AM

You were obviously seeking attention/agreement :| You have a signature, which means you've clicked on the drop down bar on your name before.

Self Heal would honestly do nothing tbh.. and I doubt people even have that skill :P You'll heal for a pitiful amount. Sanctuary allowed seems better.

even better #4

#62 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:16 AM

Okay everyone, I've considered all of your suggestions and I've made a few changes to the skill restrictions list which will take effect for this week's matches. Here are the changes, followed by the updated list:

SKILL RESTRICTION CHANGES (WEEK 2):

[Warriors]: Impervion and Weapon Suspension are no longer banned.
[Mages]: Sanctuary, Arch Sanctuary, Chain Lightning and Disease are no longer banned.
[Thieves]: Wood Rush is no longer banned.
[Archers]: No changes.

SKILL RESTRICTION LIST (WEEK 2):

[Warriors]

Sword Dance, Parry, Revenge, Armor Break, Barricade, Co/ckroach Life, Time Reverse, ALL 4TH JOB SKILLS EXCEPT PASSIVES.

[Mages]

Slow Heal, Self Heal, Wide Heal, Instant Heal, HP Restore, Barrier, Perfect Seal, ALL 4TH JOB SKILLS EXCEPT PASSIVES.

[Thieves]

Hypnotizer, Mind Reading, ALL 4TH JOB SKILLS EXCEPT PASSIVES.

[Archers]

Hallucination, Silence Trap, ALL 4TH JOB SKILLS EXCEPT PASSIVES.

---

I feel that these changes generally reflect the opinions of those who were kind enough to share their thoughts here. I figure we'll have one more week of minor tweaks to the skill restrictions, if necessary, but I have a hunch this new list will balance things out pretty well.

At any rate, seeing as how I wasn't able to provide this updated list until the day of roster deadlines, I'll be extending the roster deadline for this week until 6 p.m. PST (9 p.m. EST) TOMORROW, THURSDAY, APRIL 14. Use this extra time to make any necessary adjustments to your team.

I will be posting the schedule for Week 2 matches tomorrow during or shortly after the server maintenance period, after the new roster deadline has passed.

Thank you!

#63 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 17 April 2011 - 07:59 PM

Bump for post-Week 2 commentary (if any).

I'm thinking of banning Storm Blade for both warrior classes, as the SB/Wyvern Blade and SB/Spin It Bear combos are quite overpowering in naked PvP (they each tend to cut an opponent's HP in half, or worse). Any thoughts?

#64 Deathrowz

Deathrowz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts
  • LocationTdot !

Posted 17 April 2011 - 08:39 PM

Bump for post-Week 2 commentary (if any).

I'm thinking of banning Storm Blade for both warrior classes, as the SB/Wyvern Blade and SB/Spin It Bear combos are quite overpowering in naked PvP (they each tend to cut an opponent's HP in half, or worse). Any thoughts?

imo impervious, weapon and armor suspension wasn't necessary.

Pally's are OP as it is.

leave storm blade alone.

Edited by Deathrowz, 18 April 2011 - 03:58 AM.

#65 Midoof

Midoof

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • Locationocean

Posted 18 April 2011 - 12:41 AM

Ban log.

#66 ImDiene

ImDiene

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationYurai's <3

Posted 18 April 2011 - 08:38 AM

no

#67 BloodyRuby

BloodyRuby

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 374 posts
  • LocationPvP Room
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 20 April 2011 - 08:38 AM

Ban log.

that.

#68 canajew

canajew

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 01:22 PM

Am I the only one that thinks that aim debuffs are extremely overpowered in naked pvp? Or at least ones that last >10 secs?

#69 ImDiene

ImDiene

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationYurai's <3

Posted 20 April 2011 - 01:27 PM

The casting time of log makes it very easy to interrupt/dodge, especially with 3 people on the other team and sleep banned.

Edited by ImDiene, 20 April 2011 - 01:28 PM.

#70 BloodyRuby

BloodyRuby

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 374 posts
  • LocationPvP Room
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 20 April 2011 - 03:01 PM

The casting time of log makes it very easy to interrupt/dodge, especially with 3 people on the other team and sleep banned.

Thats no reason to not ban an OP skill. in a group pvp you can also lock the other team and stun them >.>
Once the attack is done it reduces aim severely and slows down the other person for what? 30 seconds? Isn't it good enough that ninjas have a base block of 13% and extra evade due to extra AGI stats?
Log does way too much damage and its effect is highly OP in naked pvp. I would say the same for Stumble, but Overlords don't have much else to catch with.

#71 GrapefruitGod

GrapefruitGod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 03:09 PM

Thats no reason to not ban an OP skill. in a group pvp you can also lock the other team and stun them >.>
Once the attack is done it reduces aim severely and slows down the other person for what? 30 seconds? Isn't it good enough that ninjas have a base block of 13% and extra evade due to extra AGI stats?
Log does way too much damage and its effect is highly OP in naked pvp. I would say the same for Stumble, but Overlords don't have much else to catch with.

don't forget the extra 13% evade passive !

#72 ImDiene

ImDiene

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationYurai's <3

Posted 20 April 2011 - 03:31 PM

and a teammate can also save them, like with your example - stumble. it is highly unlikely to lock everyone at once -.-
pally's have way more with lvl 10 block and health stats?
damage - other classes do a lot of damage too, with tornadoes and bears and other stuff

#73 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 20 April 2011 - 03:31 PM

Just a note -- we can revisit the issue of banning log after this week's matches are completed. Personally, I tend to agree that it's too OP in naked PvP. It's easy to avoid if you aren't taking other factors into consideration, yes, but not so much when you have a 95% stun-rate Rocket Punch (which is really almost as good as or perhaps even better than sleep) or another good "stunning" class on your team.

EDIT: I'd like more opinions on this issue -- I'll try contacting more league players in-game if I don't see them commenting here.

Edited by Rimmy, 20 April 2011 - 03:32 PM.

#74 GrapefruitGod

GrapefruitGod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 03:37 PM

and a teammate can also save them, like with your example - stumble. it is highly unlikely to lock everyone at once -.-
pally's have way more with lvl 10 block and health stats?
damage - other classes do a lot of damage too, with tornadoes and bears and other stuff

Does this qualify for a lot of damage (go to 9:24)

#75 ImDiene

ImDiene

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationYurai's <3

Posted 20 April 2011 - 03:44 PM

Does this qualify for a lot of damage (go to 9:24)

He was alone. :| 4:25 didn't work so well, neither did 4:40, nor did 7:35

What about 2:36 if there were no misses

and 3:06

Edited by ImDiene, 20 April 2011 - 03:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users