#51 ABK1986

ABK1986

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 945 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 April 2011 - 05:46 AM

I'm working on it. Sorry Oda, it's finals week!

No finals! Only cart drawings!

*cracks whip*

But yea... most of us have only have time for google image searches and forum posting :)

Edited by ABK1986, 26 April 2011 - 05:47 AM.

#52 Nilami

Nilami

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 26 April 2011 - 02:31 PM

I saw a few people, including Oda, request the following carts. I did my best to find stuff that would work, but I'm no sprite artist by any means, so I mashed stuff together or found what was most fitting.

Airship Cart: It would float up and down, towed behind player with a tow line. Propellers would rotate? (Sprites are borrowed from Google Search results!)
Posted Image

Coffin Cart: rolling along, maybe leaving grave dirt behind it in tracks? Bats would fly around in a circle? Sprites from RO.
Posted Image

Food Cart: swinging lantern, possibly the flags would flap when moving? Steam rises out of vent area? (Sprite is borrowed from Google Search results!)
Posted Image

#53 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 05:36 PM

I'll try to get in here after I finish my anthropology final and finish the airship sprite I was working on. I'm not really sure it's proper for iRO to send ripped images in for implementation, even though kRO would need to redo them completely for the game.

I mean no offense, but I think that was what he meant. Even if it's just a drawing by a community member, I'm fairly sure what they want is actual new material.

#54 Lapres

Lapres

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 26 April 2011 - 06:40 PM

I dont have time to do this on the computer at the moment, so a pen and a quick sketch has to do with a phone picture. >_> Sorry!

Posted Image

Free Kittens Cart:

Merchants are trying to give away their kittens, (or maybe make it bunnies because bunnies procreate like anything so having a massive number of them would make sense!)... The kittens are found inside of cardboard boxes being pulled by simple rope. The wheels are makeshift animal paw prints. It'd also be cute to have "Free to good home" or something shorter on the side of the cart.

If I get extra time I'll have to make up a silly sprite and put it up, but at least my idea is on paper, and now virtual. :)

#55 Loki1669

Loki1669

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 April 2011 - 06:58 PM

I'll try to get in here after I finish my anthropology final and finish the airship sprite I was working on. I'm not really sure it's proper for iRO to send ripped images in for implementation, even though kRO would need to redo them completely for the game.

I mean no offense, but I think that was what he meant. Even if it's just a drawing by a community member, I'm fairly sure what they want is actual new material.

There's lots of new things that can come by just combining old and possibly new stuff, as long as its an original idea. After having the idea, its usually up to the people to decide how they want the final item to look like, what to add, and what should stay the same from the original concept, if anything. Expecting a perfect item since its inception is impossible.

Anything should be usable, as long as you get your idea across, in my opinion.

Oh my! so cute!! would like to see a deviling version of it too xP

Oh sure, I'll see what I can make. Gonna see if I can alter the angeling one a bit too :)

#56 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 07:29 PM

That wasn't at all what I was getting at.

I think using RO graphics as bases is total legit, seeing as this is a Ragnarok sponsored contest. But I don't think using images from outside sources is. I'm not trying to call someone out but I think it's pretty foolish to think Gravity would knowingly submit something that was the property of an unconsenting individual. See?

We're all inspired by various sources. But honestly, I think any image in this thread that isn't an original work by the fan base is more of a "place holder" until someone (anyone) can come up with something unique based upon them.

And Lapres. I'd get that cart in a heartbeat. So cute!

#57 Allysia

Allysia

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • LocationIn a better Place.
  • Server:My Company

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:52 AM

I dont have time to do this on the computer at the moment, so a pen and a quick sketch has to do with a phone picture. >_> Sorry!

Posted Image

Free Kittens Cart:

Merchants are trying to give away their kittens, (or maybe make it bunnies because bunnies procreate like anything so having a massive number of them would make sense!)... The kittens are found inside of cardboard boxes being pulled by simple rope. The wheels are makeshift animal paw prints. It'd also be cute to have "Free to good home" or something shorter on the side of the cart.

If I get extra time I'll have to make up a silly sprite and put it up, but at least my idea is on paper, and now virtual. :)

I like all the ideas of this thread like Coffin Cart and other Carts, but I admit that the kittens Cart is the cutest Cart that I saw, maybe cos I love cats, but really I would like to have this cart for my characters.

#58 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 27 April 2011 - 05:40 AM

I saw a few people, including Oda, request the following carts. I did my best to find stuff that would work, but I'm no sprite artist by any means, so I mashed stuff together or found what was most fitting.

Airship Cart: It would float up and down, towed behind player with a tow line. Propellers would rotate? (Sprites are borrowed from Google Search results!)
Posted Image

Coffin Cart: rolling along, maybe leaving grave dirt behind it in tracks? Bats would fly around in a circle? Sprites from RO.
Posted Image

Food Cart: swinging lantern, possibly the flags would flap when moving? Steam rises out of vent area? (Sprite is borrowed from Google Search results!)
Posted Image

LOL! That looks like the Zepellin. If someone dies, it should end up exploding.

Posted Image

#59 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Server:Valk

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:16 AM

I'll try to get in here after I finish my anthropology final

You to?! ive got one as well. Anthro final that is. Human Osteology is fun and all but my teacher sucks!!

#60 Nilami

Nilami

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:18 PM

That wasn't at all what I was getting at.

I think using RO graphics as bases is total legit, seeing as this is a Ragnarok sponsored contest. But I don't think using images from outside sources is. I'm not trying to call someone out but I think it's pretty foolish to think Gravity would knowingly submit something that was the property of an unconsenting individual. See?

We're all inspired by various sources. But honestly, I think any image in this thread that isn't an original work by the fan base is more of a "place holder" until someone (anyone) can come up with something unique based upon them.

I can appreciate where you are coming from, and if this was a "sponsored RO contest" it would totally make sense. But you are missing the reason for this thread, as it is not a "contest" -

Post your ideas or some artwork and I'll use it in my proposal!

Oda is taking it upon himself to create a cart proposal to Gravity - something he has considered doing for a while. He even posted borrowed images himself of his ideas. But he wants to make sure to get ideas from a lot of different players, instead of just himself. I think it's great he's giving us a chance to piggyback our ideas on his proposal. Some of the posts have been awesome, and from the responses I think that these cart ideas have a great future.

I also stated (as have many others) that I am not a sprite artist by any means, and do not pretend to be one (I give credit where it's due), but does that mean I am supposed to disclude myself from suggesting ideas? No, I didn't think so.

Oda - let us know when you submit the proposal, or if you hear anything, can't wait to see this roll out in the future!

Edited by Nilami, 28 April 2011 - 12:24 PM.

#61 KrimsonAlbedo

KrimsonAlbedo

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 03:50 PM

To be honest i thought the Cannon was perfect for a Genetic however you could make it a cannon made of flesh ^^ would be creepy as hell!

as for a Mado mech <_< a trailer like u see when somones moving and using thier car to transport thier belongings -_- with metal shutter door woo!

#62 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:22 PM

Lawl.

Anyone. I'm off for the weekend so I'll be these tomorrow. I just need at least one night's sleep to recover from finals.

#63 NoxiousOrchid

NoxiousOrchid

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 755 posts
  • LocationLA, CA

Posted 30 April 2011 - 04:20 PM

My other lazy attempt at designing a cart

Galapago Shrine cart :3
Posted Image

I really need to buy a scanner, or tablet or both xD

Edited by NoxiousOrchid, 30 April 2011 - 04:20 PM.

#64 Kheilon

Kheilon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 04 May 2011 - 03:07 PM

Chibi Seyren doll cart please.

#65 Ianflow

Ianflow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:38 PM

LOL! That looks like the Zepellin. If someone dies, it should end up exploding.

Posted Image

I'm sorry, but this, would be the best hindenburg homage ever XD
I love all these carts. I'd use them in game, even though I'm still a merchant.

#66 KingOfBabylon

KingOfBabylon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 900 posts
  • Server:Renewal/Transce

Posted 06 May 2011 - 02:58 PM

That kitty cart seems like it would go very well with...er..I forgot the name, the white meowing kitten headgear

#67 Kheilon

Kheilon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 04:33 PM

I think it's Koneko. Hehe. It changes emotes.

#68 Nilami

Nilami

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 07 May 2011 - 10:19 AM

Oda, did you finish up your proposal? I know a lot has been going on recently, but just wondered...

#69 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:50 AM

Oda, did you finish up your proposal? I know a lot has been going on recently, but just wondered...

Haven't sent them in yet (currently a tonne of stuff we've been sending up to them and wanted to get the quest and items done first) but very soon!

#70 Trini

Trini

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 08:09 PM

Make it hover! I love this! You could use the bats that fly around Niff.

Shopping cart Posted Image is only good if it has some sort of adorable monster on it. Otherwise it is lamesauce.

TOTALLY LOVE THE SPRITE. just get a kobold in there and a pusher (back to slavery days ftw) make those 3rd class merchants have cart they dont have to push and when Blacksmith does Cart ram or gen does cart cannon they can say text like "Gimmie dat, let me show you what you SUPPOSED to do!!" and snatch the cart from the pusher ROFL. (Text would be like how Unbarring Octave shows text)

#71 Trini

Trini

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 08:19 PM

Shopping cart, Poring Cart and Coffin Cart HAVE to be included.

I like the black smith and homun carts the guy made but i dunno how that will work out too much. I mean they would be class specific. Better make it so Mechanic can make carts with some quest skill.

#72 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 21 May 2011 - 04:23 PM

Mado Mechanics having the same cart behind them as any other merch never made sense to me.

I've always imagined it would be something along the lines of a juperos technology hovercart:
Posted Image

For bios/geneticists:

Since I haven't time to make extra pics in this month, I could make just these 2 horrible sketches colored really bad, but they were just to give the idea.
Posted Image

I know these carts seem just for the Alchemists, but since I have more Alchemist classes than Blacksmith, and I love the Test Tubes(I made also a replica of a one for a cosplay that I keep in my studios)this was the first idea that came at my mind when I thought at a cart.

That's fitting xD

Edited by Charon, 21 May 2011 - 04:42 PM.

#73 Kiehl

Kiehl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:34 AM

For bios/geneticists:
<Test Tube Cart>
That's fitting xD

I'm writing on behalf my wife Allysia since she's now busy and not checking the forum; I let her know about your comment and she thanks you.

Btw, I really like the idea of your hovercart for Mechanics.

#74 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:38 AM

Posted Image
An Airship like cart.

Posted Image
Ornate Gypsy wagon looking thing.

Just sticking those here before I forget. I'll attempt to go back and make these ideas more my own and fine tune them for the contest and make them.. You know, cart looking. Not meaning to rip those images so shamelessly, I jut know that I'll forget about this if I don't do it know. Luckily I'm on break next week so I'll have some time. So expect some images to shortly come.

omg i love the last one circus kart

Posted Image

Grocery Cart ftw?

YES I LOVE THIS

Edited by Cubical, 04 June 2011 - 10:40 AM.

#75 Halation

Halation

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 540 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 04 June 2011 - 02:28 PM

Ok these sprites are not made by me, credit goes to original artists. Just thought I'd share.

Flower Cart made by Mai
Posted Image

Lif Cart made by Mai
Posted Image

Puppy Cart made by Mai
Posted Image

Xmas Cart made by Mai
Posted Image

Niff-Mobile made by Tipsy
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users