• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 geniewinie

geniewinie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 08:51 AM

PLEASE READ THIS WHOLE ENTIRE THING FIRST, BEFORE YOU COMMENT, CRITISIZE, &/OR GIVE OUT YOUR IDEA.

Got an idea for next event and lets all wish that GMs will do it after we beg for mercy. lmao

Idea:
bring back the old item turn in but this time each level have different turn ins and each npc is on different map.

and turning in should give us only 1% regardless of level, so 100 turn ins = level up.

example: lvl98 have different npc than lvl99, yet their npc gives em 1%. the npc lvl can start from lvl70 and above since below lvl70 is easy to level. the npc of lvl 98 cannot be used by other lvled players besides lvl98 (only lvl 98 can use it).

it'll be nice to have this event for a month dont cha think?

wouldn't be that great?

im asking for:
pull out some good maps for each level if you must. thanks :(

---------------
edit
-each npc should take different items so it'll be balanced
------------------
replied down there after a day - read my additions thanks:

good point.

It's a bit unappealing, and my idea have ups and downs. If you look at this way tho, grinding for .02% will take us longer, so I thought for lvl 100+ ~ a 1% for each turn in is fast. well depends on the number of items required. 50 or 100 or no morethan 200? perhaps?

the idea of not having too high per turn in is so that there wont be a PrivateRO like thing where everyone's level is at their peak and the best only becomes the best because of their equipment.

the bad thing about my idea is the bots (thanks for reminding me ExD...) . So, I thought, as addition to my idea that increasing the EXP% to 3% to normal then 5% to VIP would be nice, but in order to do the turn in quest they have to be in a full party (to promote partying). wat ya say, so no one is left behind?

I wish heim would say something....

Please be mature on posting and read other people's comments regarding to the topic.
-NO Bragging
-Act nice
-NO attacking other people including me

MOTO:
"Acting as if you are cool only makes you LOOK cool, but you aren't cool"
"Be true to your self and to others, don't be such a 'wana be'. "

well i took this idea from the old item turn in which wasn't jst a week turn in, more of repeatable EXP quest.
SO SO SO, please please have some research :( I would appreciate if you do.

------------------------

new added idea:

one says to enhance the Eden group thing. what if Eden NPC's works this way, but increase the EXP gained for a bit & like (#of mons*Exp they give+(#of mons*Exp they give*.5)<--when turning in the items exp%) will that work?

Edited by geniewinie, 19 April 2011 - 05:41 AM.

#2 ExDarkrb

ExDarkrb

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 April 2011 - 02:50 PM

This is asking the devs to do a LOT of work. They would rather combine all and make into 1 NPC. But anyway this may help boost the server's economy even if it means more bots? So many items will decrease in price since supply goes up

#3 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 April 2011 - 05:44 PM

Somehow the idea of doing 15000 turn ins sounds rather unnapealing instead of sounding as a motivation ^^;. A turn in where you got like 10% exp per turn in at level 99, and 5%~ per turn in at 150, both turn ins taking about half hour, sounds oki to me. I know that some people love grinding, but 500 ~ 1000 hours in turn ins to reach level 150 sounds long enough for me xP.

You could make turn ins have about 10 level range and then you would only need 15 different targets. Not a lot of work, and hopefully kinda the idea they are aiming to with the VIP turn ins heim mentioned.

Edited by Kadnya, 17 April 2011 - 05:45 PM.

#4 eerie

eerie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 700 posts
  • LocationNorthern California
  • Server:RIP: Valkyrie

Posted 17 April 2011 - 05:47 PM

How about this, we bring back the item turn in npc's that we all know and love. But it's for VIP only? :(

#5 geniewinie

geniewinie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:33 PM

good point.

It's a bit unappealing, and my idea have ups and downs. If you look at this way tho, grinding for .02% will take us longer, so I thought for lvl 100+ ~ a 1% for each turn in is fast. well depends on the number of items required. 50 or 100 or no morethan 200? perhaps?

the idea of not having too high per turn in is so that there wont be a PrivateRO like thing where everyone's level is at their peak and the best only becomes the best because of their equipment.

the bad thing about my idea is the bots (thanks for reminding me ExD...) . So, I thought, as addition to my idea that increasing the EXP% to 3% to normal then 5% to VIP would be nice, but in order to do the turn in quest they have to be in a full party (to promote partying). :( wat ya say, so no one is left behind?

I wish heim would say something.... :(

Edited by geniewinie, 17 April 2011 - 06:36 PM.

#6 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:49 PM

I got 98-99 trans in 12 minutes. Why would anyone want to grind it out for like 50 hours? rofl

#7 geniewinie

geniewinie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 04:28 PM

I got 98-99 trans in 12 minutes. Why would anyone want to grind it out for like 50 hours? rofl

you seem not to be reading other people's replies and my reply to my own idea. tsk tsk tsk.
I doubt that you went 98-99 starting from 0% for 12 minutes, unless you're doing the current event.
Oh and btw, my idea is still a raw idea - it can be enhanced (which was I'm asking).
don't start attacking people in the sense that you "think" you're a badass in which you aren't.

#8 geniewinie

geniewinie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 04:32 PM

Please be mature on posting and read other people's comments regarding to the topic.
-NO Bragging
-Act nice
-NO attacking other people including me

MOTO:
"Acting as if you are cool only makes you LOOK cool, but you aren't cool"
"Be true to your self and to others, don't be such a 'wana be'. "

#9 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 04:41 PM

you seem not to be reading other people's replies and my reply to my own idea. tsk tsk tsk.
I doubt that you went 98-99 starting from 0% for 12 minutes, unless you're doing the current event.
Oh and btw, my idea is still a raw idea - it can be enhanced (which was I'm asking).
don't start attacking people in the sense that you "think" you're a badass in which you aren't.

I went from 98 biochem to 99 biochem in about half hour, self leeching my sura without battlemanual, so 12 minutes leveling sounds very doable xP.

Viri does have a point: if the turn ins are slower, they will just be unused. For a good example, look at the old fabres and pupas turn ins: If you took the turn in and killed the number of pupas the npc told you, by the time you ended the turn in, you had outleveled the quest xP. In order to make the turn ins more appealing, you could add a few extras. For example, the exp could be given in several chucks of exp, so maybe you got full levels and a bit more for the lower level turn ins (around 40~80), or maybe some turn ins give you supplies or buffs lasting half hour. Like, for a 200 monsters turn in, every 40 monsters you kill, taking to the npc gives you a full heal and bless/agi.

#10 meaning42

meaning42

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts
  • LocationThe coldest depths of Sweden
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 18 April 2011 - 04:46 PM

Oh really? Tell me your secret, it took me several hours on magmarings to get from 95 to 96 Trans.

#11 geniewinie

geniewinie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 05:08 PM

I went from 98 biochem to 99 biochem in about half hour, self leeching my sura without battlemanual, so 12 minutes leveling sounds very doable xP.

Viri does have a point: if the turn ins are slower, they will just be unused. For a good example, look at the old fabres and pupas turn ins: If you took the turn in and killed the number of pupas the npc told you, by the time you ended the turn in, you had outleveled the quest xP. In order to make the turn ins more appealing, you could add a few extras. For example, the exp could be given in several chucks of exp, so maybe you got full levels and a bit more for the lower level turn ins (around 40~80), or maybe some turn ins give you supplies or buffs lasting half hour. Like, for a 200 monsters turn in, every 40 monsters you kill, taking to the npc gives you a full heal and bless/agi.

you also didn't read my replies to my own topic =.=
which is about above viri's
I think you don't understand the idea well. (it's item/drop turn ins). means the monster will still give you EXP and the quest will still work till you turn in ur last. And, this helps higher levels than lower ones since higher levels are having hard time leveling, but u still can't just boost leveling and make things easier or you'll see lots of lvl150. that notion destroys the game.
--
12mins isn't doable within 12mins, unless you're a really awesome player with 3HEBMs and mob's 25 magmarings each kill (which is doubtfull).
~I also doubt that you leveled from 98-99, starting from 0%, in magmarings by just relying on ur sura (where you only get 1/2 of what you suppose to get. You may have done it when there was 2xExp event that is why you did it about 30mins (which is pretty fast killing). On average, people tend to level 98-99 for non trans for about 45-60mins(asked guild mates and other players leveling in magmaring and outside south pront.)

Edited by geniewinie, 18 April 2011 - 05:11 PM.

#12 geniewinie

geniewinie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 05:13 PM

Oh really? Tell me your secret, it took me several hours on magmarings to get from 95 to 96 Trans.

You got that right!
Probly they started from 98-99 having 90% Exp already rofl

#13 geniewinie

geniewinie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 05:17 PM

well i took this idea from the old item turn in which wasn't jst a week turn in, more of repeatable EXP quest.
SO SO SO, please please have some research :blink: I would appreciate if you do.

#14 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 06:33 PM

Some how i miss the Old Lolis Turn In..where i 99 my sin twice there and priest . Turn in was crappy 3% for lv 98? But i had my share of fun back them and got to know a lot of people..

Turn in quest are actually good for new player [especially support class character] who dont have much zeny to 98 ~ 99 or till 150 it will help new player to lv up faster, the chance for partying like we seen in the old TI quest and Eden Group and up meet more player not like mindless zombies walking around in magmaring.

#15 Credence

Credence

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 18 April 2011 - 07:40 PM

Turn ins are like a love and hate senario. I hate it when people thinks that they are better than you and KS you and so forth when they solo. Or if they spam gwing to KS other parties. Besides, with this rediculous exp event why would we need turn in events for? I don't even bother joining any turn ins because of most players aggitating/ill manared actions with lack of GM's support. Literally GM will respond to your ticket after 10 years when you need them during that certain time.

#16 ensignfluke

ensignfluke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 18 April 2011 - 07:51 PM

All depends on what class you play. If you have some good mobbing skills, it's rather easy to level that fast.

Oh, and @geniewinie, 1% per turn in would be retarded, no one would bother.

#17 kati3

kati3

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts
  • LocationBehind you
  • Server:Classic

Posted 18 April 2011 - 08:43 PM

Some people miss the point that Magmaring isn't the only place to go when you are 95+

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Experience
http://rode-r.doddlercon.com/monster

Try looking for maps with more mobs and monsters that give good exp.

#18 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 18 April 2011 - 08:48 PM

I wouldn't mind more hunting quests and also improving the existing Eden quests by making sure they give good rewards and JOB EXP!
I personally don't want to see the item versions since they were fuel for botters and allowed people with tons of zeny to literally buy levels. But, the hunting versions should come back.

#19 NoxiousOrchid

NoxiousOrchid

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 755 posts
  • LocationLA, CA

Posted 18 April 2011 - 09:42 PM

I would love to see more turn in quests, if they were kill count, and had NPCs on the map. It was nice pre-renewal seeing so many people party at Alligators/Goats. Even Hodes had parties on occasion which usually had many first class leeching even without a pulling alt. These were how I made most my friends when I started playing on Valkyrie, I almost quit thinking that everyone was a bot before I discovered alligators. The exp doesn't have to be spectacular, just something that is worth doing.

Eden was a good idea, I liked where they were going with it, but the location is a huge inconvenience.

#20 kati3

kati3

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 18 April 2011 - 09:49 PM

I almost quit thinking that everyone was a bot before I discovered alligators.

You mean 'after' you discovered alligators?

#21 NoxiousOrchid

NoxiousOrchid

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 755 posts
  • LocationLA, CA

Posted 18 April 2011 - 09:54 PM

Nah, I started as a wizard, geographers was a nightmare. Alligators did have a lot of bots, but I found people who talked which made me happy. Leveling my assassin there was very nice once I found out how to keep the bots off me.

#22 kati3

kati3

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 18 April 2011 - 10:03 PM

Nah, I started as a wizard, geographers was a nightmare. Alligators did have a lot of bots, but I found people who talked which made me happy. Leveling my assassin there was very nice once I found out how to keep the bots off me.

Alligators was really loaded with bots yeah. But i assumed you meant 'after' since you said you made a few friends there.

#23 ExDarkrb

ExDarkrb

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 18 April 2011 - 10:53 PM

Hoe tha heck do you do that!?

#24 Drak231

Drak231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:01 AM

Hoe tha heck do you do that!?

That's just called trolling... or perhaps is guild made the level for him...

#25 kati3

kati3

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 19 April 2011 - 03:56 AM

That's just called trolling... or perhaps is guild made the level for him...

Not a fully troll post... I got job 70 at ice titans in about 20 minutes with a priest supporting me during 2x exp event, which is also possible with a HEBM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users