Suddenly, VIP! - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Suddenly, VIP!

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#26 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 22 April 2011 - 11:40 AM

You do realise that by doing this you have essentially handed down, for free, permanent access to the VIP server, when it was argued to us that the whole point of the "VIP server" Ymir (as opposed to the "open" servers, Ygg and valkyrie), was that character creation was restricted to people who would have to pay for VIP at least once.

I imagine you would have to of already made an account on Ymir to be able to receive a VIP gift/extension. No account, nothing to add VIP time to. Staff wouldn't be able to create an account for a player themselves without knowing their details first.

I believe as far as Ymir is concerned this mainly benefits old returning players who already had accounts. New players will already have 30 Days VIP from their first payment, though maybe now it'll be 34 Days depending on the criteria (may of had to have an account for longer than that).

Edited by soudou, 22 April 2011 - 11:42 AM.

#27 darktie22

darktie22

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 22 April 2011 - 02:37 PM

I imagine you would have to of already made an account on Ymir to be able to receive a VIP gift/extension. No account, nothing to add VIP time to. Staff wouldn't be able to create an account for a player themselves without knowing their details first.

I believe as far as Ymir is concerned this mainly benefits old returning players who already had accounts. New players will already have 30 Days VIP from their first payment, though maybe now it'll be 34 Days depending on the criteria (may of had to have an account for longer than that).

The two acounts i got the vip on, only has chars on valk server, and now thanks to it i cuold make ymir characters, wich i wont do since I already have on my main, but the case is, i never purchased anything on them, were just alt acounts created several months ago, both are tied to the same warp portal acount, wich also never purchased anything (are the only 2 acounts tied to that)... So dunno the requisites to get it... but if theres like that, all botters has free acces to create chars on ymir now and keep them there till get banned. Once you create a char you can play it even without vip (not sure about this last, i dont have any acount with chars on ymir and out of vip time).

#28 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 02:43 PM

The two acounts i got the vip on, only has chars on valk server, and now thanks to it i cuold make ymir characters, wich i wont do since I already have on my main, but the case is, i never purchased anything on them, were just alt acounts created several months ago, both are tied to the same warp portal acount, wich also never purchased anything (are the only 2 acounts tied to that)... So dunno the requisites to get it... but if theres like that, all botters has free acces to create chars on ymir now and keep them there till get banned. Once you create a char you can play it even without vip (not sure about this last, i dont have any acount with chars on ymir and out of vip time).

Ah right I didnt think of that. Silly me! Thanks for the explanation. Hm that is worrying then. Guess we will see how it pans out. I haven't seen anything major yet today like a stack of default haired male/female novices at Prontera or spambots but we'll see what its like by the end of the 4 days... Free trials for Ymir have always meant a influx of bots though in the past. Which is a shame because it'd be nice if there were free trials on Ymir so we got more new players coming through :|

Edited by soudou, 22 April 2011 - 02:51 PM.

#29 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 22 April 2011 - 04:44 PM

To clarify, it is part of a call back to heroes event. We gave VIP to accounts bound to an email address that we are able to send our newsletter too. (Check your email box)

And keep in mind the VIP is a very short duration (about 3 days now) those that are being sent to are accounts that likely already had ymir access, so it isn't as much an impact as you may think.

#30 Zeca

Zeca

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 06:30 PM

=(
seems like hotmail accounts are out of this?
i didnt get vip on any of my accounts

#31 Sheckley

Sheckley

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • LocationiRO Valk

Posted 23 April 2011 - 12:21 AM

To clarify, it is part of a call back to heroes event. We gave VIP to accounts bound to an email address that we are able to send our newsletter too. (Check your email box)

And keep in mind the VIP is a very short duration (about 3 days now) those that are being sent to are accounts that likely already had ymir access, so it isn't as much an impact as you may think.

oO

I get every Newsletter on my account but i didn't get the VIP status :D

Warpportal support wrote me: "Please enjoy your free VIP time!"

If i had it i would :)

#32 BekiLL

BekiLL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 11:07 AM

This seems extremely dissapointing, I personally was debating purchasing the VIP access and yet I did not receive the free trial membership.

Is it just or isn't this going to piss some people off who expected to get it and didn't?

#33 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 12:16 PM

This seems extremely dissapointing, I personally was debating purchasing the VIP access and yet I did not receive the free trial membership.

Is it just or isn't this going to piss some people off who expected to get it and didn't?

Try sending in a ticket.

We gave VIP to accounts bound to email addresses that we are able to send our "callback letter too". We couldn't send emails to everyone because of cost and liklihood of "bounces" but we sent to our most likely good players and gave VIP too as an incentive to come back.

If you didn't get VIP it isn't a knock against you, it just means that there is something about the email address that had it grouped with emails that we couldn't send to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users