Spawn Inside Thors and Turn-Ins - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Spawn Inside Thors and Turn-Ins

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#26 Zeca

Zeca

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 06:22 PM

We did increase teh spawn alot for Kasas over the default, but it is a huge map. Next thursday we'll review the density of Kasas and see what can happen. How would you gwinging elite parties feel if Gwinging was disabled to keep the ill-mannered (assumed accidental) from happening, but increased the spawns?

We do want one turnin to take more than 15 minutes that is about the sweet spot for the reward.

theres a reason why thors is empty post renewal. when with constant gwinging and a full party maximizing mobbing/killing i get 8-9m ish with turn ins and i get 10-11m soloing on a lower lvl mob with 0 supplies used and 0 chance of dying, i know what im gonna choose. stop making turn ins based on the monster xp. do it based on the xp/hr a party can get. if you want one turn in per 15 mins, consider how most people are making 20m/hr elsewhere and set the reward to 5m? no one wants lower xp than what they can already get.

#27 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 22 April 2011 - 07:10 PM

To put it simply, the risk isn't worth the reward. You can't pull more than small numbers of kasas without being overwhelmed by salamanders and guardians.

I definitely wouldn't want to level there if giant fly wings were disabled. :)

#28 Candie

Candie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 22 April 2011 - 09:30 PM

What needs to be done for these events is mainly this.

1) Allowing VIPs to choose where their exp is going.
- Exp into Base
- Exp into Job
- Into Both if they dont care.

Because we have people that are maxed base and behind on jobs and would rather not see base exp wasted when they could just convert it. Or we have people who would rather have jobs then bases at this time.

And far as the GWing being Disabled answer is :

If you are going to disable GWings. Then please Increase the spawn more to MAKE it worth the time to walk or party drag on that horrid map. So that its decent enough to get someone who is on a BM to the npc w/o wasting it.

Otherwise don't disable them. Right now as is, parties are GWing to even make the event worth it and or to even bother using BM's. Because without it people are just wanting to go back to solo/duo mode on other maps.

#29 jax5

jax5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 09:33 PM

Is it possible to implement a re-use timer on gwings (e.g. 1 minute)?

Edited by jax5, 22 April 2011 - 09:34 PM.

#30 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 April 2011 - 12:28 AM

If you wish to disable the giant wing item in such event zones specifically Thor floor 1 since its a huge map; then increase the reward and the monster dynasty a lot lot more. If not, giant winging parties yield to bring the best experience/turn-ins if done right. Overall.. the problem is with the community and not the item sadly.

#31 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 23 April 2011 - 12:29 AM

I say no. Even though I would directly benefit from upping the spawn, doing so just encourages gwing parties (something I also initiate a lot of) and promotes the easy mode 150. This event exists to promote partying not to hand out easy leveling tickets to people who just want t

Its funny how many people ask for things to make leveling their own chars really easy and then complain about how gravity handed out free 150s.

This ^ people just want free 150's. Just have fun leveling with your friends.

#32 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 23 April 2011 - 01:43 AM

I'll be glad if the damn External Bleeding could be dispelled...

When pre-renewal you were inmune to that with 100 vit but now... even being higher level than the guardians and the salamanders and 100 vit, 100 luk... you'll be allways bleeding and there is no way to dispell it. And the duration is about 1 and a half minute... :)

#33 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 April 2011 - 03:03 AM

I'll be glad if the damn External Bleeding could be dispelled...

When pre-renewal you were inmune to that with 100 vit but now... even being higher level than the guardians and the salamanders and 100 vit, 100 luk... you'll be allways bleeding and there is no way to dispell it. And the duration is about 1 and a half minute... :)

100 agi total is bleed immunity. You can also use Ungoliant card which gives immunity to bleeding..

#34 Pril

Pril

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 03:07 AM

If you disable GFWings from floor 1, can you increase the spawn rate to have an equal density on floor 3, except keep the giant fly wings? Kinda gives us more freedom of choice.

#35 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 23 April 2011 - 03:26 AM

100 agi total is bleed immunity. You can also use Ungoliant card which gives immunity to bleeding..

I knew the Ungoliant but... 100 agi for being inmune to bleeding? This have no sense... xD

#36 Unifan

Unifan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 711 posts
  • Server:Private Server

Posted 23 April 2011 - 04:37 AM

they should increase the spawn, and disabling wing will be more of a problem of ppl without VIP because they dnt have Eden Teleport access, and will be alot of problem to turn in. and also, they should make it so you can either choose BASE/JOB separately, because there are people out there are lvl 150/30 and needed job lvl lols!

#37 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 23 April 2011 - 05:17 AM

I've only done the necromancer turn ins and we got exp for killing them plus exp from doing the quest. I dont really do turn in events because of what other people have already mentioned;

Risk not worth Reward
KSing from jerks
among other things

#38 epikhigh

epikhigh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 08:28 AM

Maybe if they fix the job exp then job lvl's wouldn't be hard! Also, that map is doubled which means more swords/bow guardians roaming around which is pretty annoying. I rather they just do kasas increase spawn, but is that even possible? Probably have to do the whole map increase spawn then again every map where you level is some annoying crap monster lol

#39 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 April 2011 - 11:24 AM

Posted Image

I'm sad. I used to love levelling in thors pre-renewal with HSCR because it bypassed shield reflect. But now... I'm so sad.

10k reflected damage off 1 kasa is insane, worse when u mob them and start axe tornado... honestly thors is like the home for smiths why does hpcr get reflected now, im just going to end up killing meself... my HPCR HURTS!!

#40 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 April 2011 - 02:14 PM

i get more exp soloing o_o

#41 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 03:46 PM

We did increase teh spawn alot for Kasas over the default, but it is a huge map. Next thursday we'll review the density of Kasas and see what can happen. How would you gwinging elite parties feel if Gwinging was disabled to keep the ill-mannered (assumed accidental) from happening, but increased the spawns?

We do want one turnin to take more than 15 minutes that is about the sweet spot for the reward.

-Sigh-

The issue is that you just keep "assuming" it's accidental when all evidence says otherwise. That's not the right attitude here.

How about punishing those abusing the wings instead of limiting the useage? Or does that actually require someone to, I don't know... Work?

#42 Shane

Shane

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 04:12 PM

i get more exp soloing o_o

Basically every single class except arch bishop and GX does. The TI events are meant to encourage partying; if you don't give ALL classes incentive to work together, it's not going to work out. Dragons was good because it was better exp than soloing for most classes. What is the "sweet spot" of exp gms are aiming for? 8m/hr? Most classes will pull more than that soloing at level 100 once they get their good killing skills.

#43 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 04:19 PM

I don't really see the point of making turn ins give less reward than the monster normally do. What kind of event is one where you are like

"Well, normally I can level in this place and get X exp, but during the event, I can level in this same place and get less exp. Cool!".

The reward should be higher than the regular exp, and then increase that reward for VIP. Take your own prerenewal non event turn ins as example! Those turn ins were one of the only times you could see random people partying daily, at any time. If you have forgoten how they were, it's right over here:

http://irowiki.org/w...table_EXP_Quest

- Monsters had their base exp, normally
- But you could get more exp for everyone if you partied
- The base reward was better than hunting that amount of monsters, and then, better if you were VIP(on the premium server)
- There was a wide range for everyone to chose
- They didn't remove other forms of leveling that existed. There were high risk-high reward options out there, mobbing options, soloing options for everyclass too... but the repetable quests were always there as a bonus.

Post renewal, there aren't equal leveling options for everyone , neither high risk-high reward options, neither variation. Everything seems to be going to the same map as everyone, flywing->oneshot mob->repeat regardless of your class, when you are ready, go to the next map where also everyone is, flywing->one/two shot mob->repeat... and then the ocassional turn in event where you can get 3% of your level if you use HE manual+ being VIP. And then some people calling that 'easy leveling', as if the regular leveling was hard...

Can you remember how you reached level 99 prerenewal? was it on an easy map where nothing at all was threathening, where you just walked threw mobs spamming your 1 skill plus maybe a few potions, like reaching 150 now is?

There are some people who think making rewarding turn ins equals to "easy mode" or "giving out free levels". I wouldn't want to agree, but I have to agree that if we just keep increasing the monster ammount, turn ins equal to just giving out levels. Monsters in renewal are non threatening, so increasing the ammount doesn't increase the difficulty.

So... how about, if we could have as a test, rewarding turn ins, where togheter with increasing the monster spawn, the difficulty was increased too?: Triple the monster spawn, but also triple or quadruple its HP, triple or quadruple their attack, make it so killing monsters isn't just one or two shotting. Increase the difficulty so monsters are killed slower maybe, and then, give a decent reward for that harder turn in. That might be 'fast mode', but not easy mode.

Edited by Kadnya, 23 April 2011 - 04:21 PM.

#44 geniewinie

geniewinie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 06:39 PM

NAH SPAWN IS FINE!!! 3x the exp we get instead 8D

#45 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach

Posted 23 April 2011 - 07:50 PM

can we get a salamander quest, id rather kill salamanders then kasa's, least salamander only sometimes use reflect, 10k reflect, CS, fireball HURTS!!
p.s. Killing myself x3

Edited by IronFist, 23 April 2011 - 11:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users