• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 geniewinie

geniewinie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 07:06 PM

I wonder if GM's would provide archer classes a once in a life time "one-handed bow"?

a level4 bow so it can only be safe tempered at +4
4 slotted
and have atk of 100
weight 400

~I just hate the fact that the used to be Hunter/Sniper/ that is now ranger turned on using a dagger.

what's the use of dex from leveling from an archer to a hunter to a sniper? since bow increases bow-user's atk when dealing with dex.

what do ya say?

#2 Droyd

Droyd

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 872 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 05 May 2011 - 07:22 PM

and how the hell does someone shoot a bow with one arm? fail idea.

#3 iCandy

iCandy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationNorth Pole, beside Santa's House

Posted 05 May 2011 - 07:43 PM

lol at this, but droyd's right this time... Fail indeed :P

EDIT:
I just thought about this but (real) crossbows can be shot with 1 hand. and you can reload while wearing a shield

Edited by iCandy, 05 May 2011 - 07:47 PM.

#4 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 May 2011 - 08:07 PM

what's the use of dex from leveling from an archer to a hunter to a sniper?

Trap damage, which is your main damage as a ranger.

#5 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 05 May 2011 - 09:16 PM

Polybolos

#6 Lancer

Lancer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 09:58 PM

while ur at it, make a one handed katar/jur as well.

#7 KingOfBabylon

KingOfBabylon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 900 posts
  • Server:Renewal/Transce

Posted 05 May 2011 - 10:35 PM

How about a gunblade weapon? Level 4 two handed sword that has a low chance to shoot for x amount of damage? Kinda like excruciating palm on the +7 virgo? hat

#8 DeathDealer

DeathDealer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts
  • LocationJefferson State
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 May 2011 - 11:22 PM

http://forums.warppo...e-stupid-things

#9 akosinico

akosinico

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 11:24 PM

ROFL! Hire Captain America to hold your shield! :P

#10 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 06 May 2011 - 12:53 AM

I swear someone has already suggested this idea long ago. The idea just never made sense. xD

#11 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain

Posted 06 May 2011 - 02:23 AM

This is used in SoftBall but...

Posted Image

#12 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Server:Valk

Posted 06 May 2011 - 02:47 AM

Im trying to picture an archer with a bow and a shield...the only thing that i can picture is an archer drawing the bow, while the shield is attached at the wrist of the arm that pulling back the arrow. I still cant picture the shield to be very big though...maybe only about the size of a buckler

#13 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain

Posted 06 May 2011 - 03:20 AM

Maybe a bow and a dagger... I can't figure an archer equiping arrows in his bow with a shield on his hand... xD

#14 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 06 May 2011 - 04:47 AM

OP Thanks for the laugh.

#15 Haldor

Haldor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 05:45 AM

Not like this hasn't been said many times, but realism pretty much doesn't exist in RO. How does an archer shoot arrows so fast, it's completely unrealistic.

It could be like a semi automatic crossbow, not hard to think of something that makes even a tad bit of sense in the RO universe.

#16 ash03

ash03

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 08:02 AM

Though I feel the idea is self-centered and somewhat idiotic. I play Ranger as well, and have thought of how nice it'd be to have a "Gun-Bow" equipped to my Rangers arm for the chance to use a sheild (Guard really) and card that S.O.B. so I can have some % Racial Def.

However, if such a thing were ever to be impleneted the Atk Str of the weapon would have to be low, and I mean like lvl 1 weapon low. Also, it might have to reduce your Aspd since if you got a shield equipped you'd literally be fumbling a bit with the reload of the arrows since a shield is on your freakin' arm.

Not a bad idea, but needs alot of polishing. But honestly, if this were ever taken in to consideration the Atk Str of said weapon would have to be low. It'd be unfair otherwise.

#17 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Server:Iris

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:46 AM

Im trying to picture an archer with a bow and a shield...the only thing that i can picture is an archer drawing the bow, while the shield is attached at the wrist of the arm that pulling back the arrow. I still cant picture the shield to be very big though...maybe only about the size of a buckler

archers cant wear bucklers. and archer with crossbow and shield, final fantasy tactics anyone?

#18 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 06 May 2011 - 11:26 AM

If he gets 1 handed bows, can I please have 2 handed instruments that have more attack? I always felt that the cello and harp should be 2 handed with ~200 attack.

#19 ash03

ash03

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 12:36 PM

If he gets 1 handed bows, can I please have 2 handed instruments that have more attack? I always felt that the cello and harp should be 2 handed with ~200 attack.

Honestly I have a Bard that is in the process of being level'd now and I don't even equip him with a shield 'cuz I want faster Aspd. I know a lot of the Bard/Dancer people use Bows (Well most that I see on the map anyway), but the shield slows me down so I wonder about the implications of this idea too. What would be the pro's an' con's of this?

#20 Taper

Taper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 02:45 PM

Use crossbows. Or better yet, go with two crossbow for dual-crossbow skills! Now we just have to figure out how to reload them if we've got a crossbow in both hands...

#21 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 May 2011 - 02:47 PM

I was 90% joking, but if implemented, it would be along the same lines of 2 handed swords or axes. Higher damage with a trade off in defensive capability. I think that's what the OP is hinting at, although a 1 handed bow is pretty absurd.

Another more reasonable weapon class for this would be pistols. I understand shotguns, gatling guns, rifles, and grenade launches being 2 handed, but why does the gunslinger have to carry 2 handguns? 1 pistol and a shield sounds normal enough in the RO universe, though maybe odd looking.

#22 geniewinie

geniewinie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 06:16 PM

GUYS =.= DONT BE -_-TING ME!

I just wandered. i mean think about it, what if? if? if >?

then it would be bad, to have a perhaps Xbow one handed, then we rangers can use a shield with it, + the ranger trap damage is way bigger than just using a knife, and and and, we can use ranger bow skills too :mellow: well if ur hybrid like me. so so so, i thought it mite be a good idea.

it'll be nice for theif class to to have one handed katars, crit and shield defence like valk shields or reflective shields could work out fine too.

see see. hmp. think first before you criticize my idea. ><_<

besides, why are you guys thinking like as if its the real worlds, DAMN GUYS ITS A GAME!!!

Edited by geniewinie, 19 May 2011 - 06:17 PM.

#23 Ardi

Ardi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 06:20 PM

why was this bumped?

#24 geniewinie

geniewinie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 06:22 PM

Honestly I have a Bard that is in the process of being level'd now and I don't even equip him with a shield 'cuz I want faster Aspd. I know a lot of the Bard/Dancer people use Bows (Well most that I see on the map anyway), but the shield slows me down so I wonder about the implications of this idea too. What would be the pro's an' con's of this?

well, it does slow us with shield, yet we get less damage if we have like valk shield on one hand + for rangers they can use hunterfly card one that (i wish) one handed bow [4] <---another i wish. instead of dagger. for stringers, it would be awsome to play 2 guitars XD ~ they should do like dual damage (like double atk thing which another thing I wished) lmao. 2 musics at sametime would be awsome too, lol, the ensemble class can be done by one person now LOL (i wish). but then it's beneficial to every class who only have 2handed weap and no one handed.

#25 geniewinie

geniewinie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 06:24 PM

dude, its a game, dont think as if its in real life. for rangers like me, it's very very beneficial.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users