Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:05 PM

After talking with the Development Team, they want to leave the current changes in for this week and they will monitor both the Faction Wars, as well as the player feedback over the weekend and proceed accordingly for next week.

Please try to keep an open mind during this time, and take it as having a chance to help guide the direction of the game and the Faction Wars in general.

We are all now a part of a week long study, let's make the best of it!

I'm wondering what's there to monitor about this...simply people will have to wait 3 hours and a half instead of 1 hour and a half...which means people will get extremely bored and log off before uw starts..

#77 selassie

selassie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:05 PM

I can't say anything about Leonis but on Draconis I figure almost half of the wars are cancelled and the other half most people who join don't do anything. I don't understand why you are getting so upset...

#78 Aviv4

Aviv4

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 484 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:06 PM

You hear that!? Nows our chance guys, to exploit the system and prove their experiment was a failure!

Everyone sign up on the same union,

Climb on top of the spawns and kill leechers,

Kill your own characters for points,

Crash other players and teleport out of the map!

Man, if everyone sign to the same Faction, war will get canceled over and over,
the leechers arent enought. ^^"

And I Agree that UW is one the best parts of ROSE, it's really a bad idea to ruin that.

Edited by Aviv4, 19 May 2011 - 01:06 PM.

#79 OllyS

OllyS

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Free fail coins every 4 hours plox =D

#80 onizuk4

onizuk4

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 370 posts
  • LocationGermany

I'm wondering what's there to monitor about this...simply people will have to wait 3 hours and a half instead of 1 hour and a half...which means people will get extremely bored and log off before uw starts..

agree

#81 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:08 PM

This is by far the stupidest thing thing I have seen in a patch since returning to this game. There were far better solutions that I saw proposed by other players on this matter, that wouldn't require upsetting people further. Its, personally, bad for me because my main character is a full support cleric. this means I don't get proofs for extra points..And unless it has been fixed since last week, it seemed like they already cut the number of points I was getting per war from 60pts to 30pts. So now its going to take me 8 times as long to save up enough points for something? Sucks to be clerics(or really anyone who needs the uw to save up for the gear). <_<

As for the suggestions..perhaps going through the forums and reading over what users have suggested would be a start...I dont remember anyone suggest upping the time between union wars. For instance, one of the best proposals I saw, was someone(and I wish I could give them credit) proposed making the sides of the war random..Like maybe Ar/Jo vs RC/FG one time..then AR/RC vs JO/FG another time.. Or what is already being suggested as alternatives now in the thread (Like Krenke's wise solution to the problem..with putting overflow of characters on the other team..).

This weeks going to suck. :mellow: Hope they will undo what they did next week.

I suggested that (:

#82 bluehell

bluehell

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1603 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:08 PM

is the maitenance going to be short? I want to get back to farming. please answer, rather than just looking over it time after time zep

#83 vincmar

vincmar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:10 PM

Yeah all those updates you guys do are somethimes good somethimes bad but the things that really bother ppl are just unfixed...

#84 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:11 PM

I suggested that (:

XD It was a good idea. And could even make sense with the storyline the unions have going--Just like politics anywhere.. alliances change like the wind XD--so its not like it would make anything story-wise weird..

#85 havenot

havenot

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Locationstill bicycling across the country
  • Server:leo

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:12 PM

Hmm, 2 hours or 4 hours, I believe I dont care. What I hate about UW is the afk people not the playing people.
So ask yourself: is it worth to stay afk for over 4 hours to get points you dont deserve but get anyways?
Let me tell you this: it makes the gameplay harder.
So they are punishing the people that want easy money, but in the meanwhile they are also punishing people with good intensions.

My idea: do something about the people that are just sitting in uw and dont play (ban within a minute? make them turn into green frogs for 24 hours? Something like that... ;P Just dont punish the people that love to play uw, reward them instead!

#86 Niluje

Niluje

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:13 PM

You people have such fail memories really...

They told us months ago that they would reduce union wars to one every 4 hours

Instead of defending your retarded buff sets it would have been smarter to defend something really useful, heh? <_<

#87 FerRawrRawr

FerRawrRawr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:14 PM

Lol@everyone saying the game is dead now.

Only a few of you were here when the game had no updates for almost a year and guess what? Still here. That was in 2007 by the way.

Bad patches are what gravity does best. If that offends the dev team then it should. Theres no remorse for them anymore.

#88 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Hmm, 2 hours or 4 hours, I believe I dont care. What I hate about UW is the afk people not the playing people.
So ask yourself: is it worth to stay afk for over 4 hours to get points you dont deserve but get anyways?
Let me tell you this: it makes the gameplay harder.
So they are punishing the people that want easy money, but in the meanwhile they are also punishing people with good intensions.

My idea: do something about the people that are just sitting in uw and dont play (ban within a minute? make them turn into green frogs for 24 hours? Something like that... ;P Just dont punish the people that love to play uw, reward them instead!

A solution would be to NOT give points to those who at the end of thw war are still at spawn...that way they'd have to get down, but then they would be killed. And dead players dont get points.

#89 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Reading these patch notes is like reading daily jokes.

You are not making any sense at all, that increasing time wait between each UW will balance the factions participants, it's like saying eat candies will fix mental disorder. Unless you are adding back clan wars next patch, otherwise you are just discouraging our communities to play the game.

#90 bluehell

bluehell

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1603 posts
  • LocationUSA

After talking with the Development Team, they want to leave the current changes in for this week and they will monitor both the Faction Wars, as well as the player feedback over the weekend and proceed accordingly for next week.

Please try to keep an open mind during this time, and take it as having a chance to help guide the direction of the game and the Faction Wars in general.

OH YAY! Zep and the dev team are conducting an experiment on us! What a thrill!!! I feel soooooooooooooooooooooo priveleged. They can use this information to make more crappy changes to the game!!! Im sooooooooo happy! <_<

#91 randalbob

randalbob

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

I am NOT one to complain, check my post count, but WTF. It's hard enough for me to find time to play this game and try to earn pts. I'm not a leacher nor ever intend to be. This is a total fail. and the Dev's reasoning is totally missing the mark

#92 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:15 PM

You people have such fail memories really...

They told us months ago that they would reduce union wars to one every 4 hours

Instead of defending your retarded buff sets it would have been smarter to defend something really useful, heh? <_<

I don't remember that, but I know for sure they're going to change it back to 2 hours.

#93 Lybis

Lybis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationFloating Around Somewhere!

Didn't you do this before and didn't you get the same reactions? <_<

I guess this wouldn't of been so bad if there was something else to do apart from Union Wars like Clan wars, so maybe this should of been something of to implemented when Clan Wars is active again.

I also don't get why you have gone down this route again by reducing the number of Union wars when it didn't work last time. We have all gave great suggestions on how to make the Union Wars more balanced but even now none of them are used and now you have another bad week where people are going to cry and moan all week.... Just when I thought things were looking up :mellow:

#94 None

None

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

All they do is find the easiest solution to a problem and go with it. You want random sign up? Well that's gonna take a long time to implent so lets just go with making wars every 4 hours instead of 2!

#95 bluehell

bluehell

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1603 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:18 PM

And can we get a 10 point plutorune event with that?

#96 havenot

havenot

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Locationstill bicycling across the country
  • Server:leo

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:19 PM

A solution would be to NOT give points to those who at the end of thw war are still at spawn...that way they'd have to get down, but then they would be killed. And dead players dont get points.

HEAR HEAR!!

#97 Krenke

Krenke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:21 PM

I Mean No Disrespect But Honestly No Need To Experiment When EVERYONE Already Hates This And Said They Wont Have Time To Do The Wars. The Number Of People On Both Sides Will Go Down. Might As Just Leave It Be If You Dont Intend On Make It Better. We Would Rather Have A Randomizer For It Implemented In A Month Or Better Than Have a Crappy Fix Made Like This That Is Going To Upset Your Player Population And Possible Cause Players To Quit.

Edited by Krenke, 19 May 2011 - 01:21 PM.

#98 Niluje

Niluje

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:21 PM

I don't remember that, but I know for sure they're going to change it back to 2 hours.

That's what they did last time, but instantaneously:

http://forums.roseon...start=1&posts=1

• Faction Wars have been reduced from 12 wars a day, to 6. Please see the new Schedule below:
  • All times listed below are in PST:
  • War Begins: 3:00 AM 7:00 AM 11:00 AM 3:00 PM 7:00 PM 11:00 PM
  • War Ends: 3:30 AM 7:30 AM 11:30 AM 3:30 PM 7:30 PM 11:30 PM

And a week later:

Faction War Notice

As many of you may have noticed, we have decided to keep the Faction Wars operating every 2 hours. Please note, that we are in the process of expanding the Union system, and as such, the times for the Faction War may not be permanent and could change with the implementation of additional wars, to the system.

Though they haven't really done ^

Edited by Niluje, 19 May 2011 - 01:23 PM.

#99 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:23 PM

That's what they did last time, but instantaneously:

And a week later:

Though they haven't really done ^

Yea exactly, one would expect the reduction together with something else to keep us busy...but no, they just reduced it for the kicks.

#100 randalbob

randalbob

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:27 PM

One....O...n....e that's the number of UW's I can participate in each work day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users