Boosters and IM-Pots make game Sick - Page 2 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Boosters and IM-Pots make game Sick

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#26 twitch

twitch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1404 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:08 PM

Well im going to 100% honest yesterday during a union war,i was tanking maybe lets say 6-10 people without a problem.Does not mean i use boosters its simple though my dodge is high your accuracy is low.I get a lot of complaints about me using jellys/stews/boosters/aruas and its honestly a compliment and gets me curious to what they would say if i did.Not the point, basically in the end of the day there not removing IM because thats how they get there bills paid.But i do wish they made it easy to notice someone with arua,and any type of IM so next time someone crys out "IM" i could prove it to them.

#27 Sathanas

Sathanas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 745 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:09 PM

It happens on all others F2P game online. Just like in real life. If you rich, you are a king. Money talk.

I play(ed) *dam computer* another f2p online game called air rivals...they have just as much im stuff in there and its just as im heavy as this game is, but the way the skills/pvp works its not just the gear its how you play it..you dont NEED im stuff just to pvp well in there. Theres actually vids of guys fighting in Unrefined npc gear and DEMOLISHING other players in thier warring gear/weapons. If that buggy-as-all-hell game can manage to make it somewhat enjoyable without im why cant rose?

#28 HellGuardian

HellGuardian

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1270 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:09 PM

yea absolutly correct they tank the whole bunch of people and take all the damage without getting killed cuz the spam IM-food like Hell so maybe the food restore to much or they useing a bug or something what the Gamemaster´s can proof if they ever would monitor the gameplay.People like this took out the whole fun of Wars and this is a important part of the game so maybe time to do something against ( yeah this is pointed for u Dev-Team and Gamemaster´s :) )

Just to be clear he is not referring "Hell" as a person ...

#29 twitch

twitch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1404 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:12 PM

IM does not make you "over powered" its a huge advantage but it does not mean your automatically good either,look at all of interex!

#30 olli1423

olli1423

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:15 PM

You have to also keep in mind most of those champs (who will remain nameless) probably have 10k+defence (probably more im just ball parking it) in thier warring gear + 2k or so movement speed...The only class that can really put the hurt to a champ is a mage, and i only really see Prashanti play a mage in union war anymore, and most of the time if they see a mage, they make a beeline for you because of your low def and the debuff you might use on them :) so that leaves mostly guys with physical attacks doing low damage to them. That+the def+the insane def from buffsets + im buffs or whatever+the 2k movement speed = no dying.

Same thing with the really high dodge raiders...My champs just an average joe, but has at least 3.3k acc with a cleric buff...if a raider buffsets dodge with im boosters you wont hit anything but AIR xD Skills will always be half misses as well.

heheh right but iam a champ also and around 10k+ also ....but i dont get it how they get massive ap,def and movement at same time and at least i dont even tank better and more if i dont decide to run away so under the line it all depends on on Boosters and IM-Food (idk cuz i never used it) cuz i drop in like few sec if 4 fighter hit me at same time and i dont get a healed cleric in back and use only the normal food like goulash and vital water L at same time :D

#31 olli1423

olli1423

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:26 PM

Well im going to 100% honest yesterday during a union war,i was tanking maybe lets say 6-10 people without a problem.Does not mean i use boosters its simple though my dodge is high your accuracy is low.I get a lot of complaints about me using jellys/stews/boosters/aruas and its honestly a compliment and gets me curious to what they would say if i did.Not the point, basically in the end of the day there not removing IM because thats how they get there bills paid.But i do wish they made it easy to notice someone with arua,and any type of IM so next time someone crys out "IM" i could prove it to them.

yea i saw u in UW tanking and ofc poting without any rest or cooldowntime ohh and u did good damage also ..so tell me the secret if u go full dodge as Raider without boosters where u get the good ap from ? :)

#32 olli1423

olli1423

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:28 PM

Just to be clear he is not referring "Hell" as a person ...

heheh yea sorry for bring a part of ur name in my post :)

#33 Xenania

Xenania

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:36 PM

I play(ed) *dam computer* another f2p online game called air rivals...they have just as much im stuff in there and its just as im heavy as this game is, but the way the skills/pvp works its not just the gear its how you play it..you dont NEED im stuff just to pvp well in there. Theres actually vids of guys fighting in Unrefined npc gear and DEMOLISHING other players in thier warring gear/weapons. If that buggy-as-all-hell game can manage to make it somewhat enjoyable without im why cant rose?

Indeed.. People testing their stat/skill/gear in a fair pvp (no pot allowed) at Junon Training Ground.
Or when they are in exhibition/friendly war.
But when you are in a war mode at pk zone with strangers.. anything could happen.
Maybe they have some problem, lack of selfrespect, got bored in real life.. then have fun in game using IM booster & pot (wanna be strongest, enjoy be a pk'er).

In other F2P gameonline, IM Booster always be there.. most F2P game online called it as "Charm"
How to deal with booster user ?
In other F2P game online..
Ussually they will got massive gangbang by whole players in pk zone, because they sure have alot enemy (someone who being killed before).
You have nothing to lose, And they ended to be Booster Milking cow.

#34 twitch

twitch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1404 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:07 PM

yea i saw u in UW tanking and ofc poting without any rest or cooldowntime ohh and u did good damage also ..so tell me the secret if u go full dodge as Raider without boosters where u get the good ap from ? :)

lmao i never said i went full dodge.. i said i had high enough dodge to dodge your low accuracy, i have skills like def down/burn which i use.Thats what its all about balancing your character see what u could spare and what you cant what you need and what you dont.your weaknesses and your pro's.its not just "full chiv lava d7 15 wep d7" no theres more to pvp/uw then just refines and gear.

#35 JustinHaze

JustinHaze

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 635 posts
  • LocationDepends on the day
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:15 PM

So we're gonna talk about boosters now?

Simple get rid of them all, and make cleric buffs worth a crap, and nerf mage debuff skills.

#36 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:21 PM

Very True. Most of the big PVP clans use boosters/refined gear/pots/jellies/etc but love to cry that they don't. The game has to be maintained by IM, otherwise we would not have Rose. The boosters, other than aruas, don't increase the stats that much...for example a lvl 200 with unrefined gear that used IM boosters probably would not be able to beat a lvl 220 with high refine gears and cleric buffs. This is just the excuse of the month - ahhh everyone is sooo OP becase of boosters. Just like the buffsets all want to keep in game, they give an advantage to the players who use them, but is the advatage that much more? And does it really matter if most of the PVP people are using them? Wouldn't that make it a fair playing field?

In reality the devs still need to make the classes more balanced and work on some of the glitches and bugs people take advantage of in game that make them even more OP.

Unless you have never used IM for an advantage in PVP then you can't complain about it now.

What are you talking about?...They make you way stronger...

#37 twitch

twitch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1404 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:08 PM

So we're gonna talk about boosters now?

Simple get rid of them all, and make cleric buffs worth a crap, and nerf mage debuff skills.

lmao i like.

#38 PigGoesQuack

PigGoesQuack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 749 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:12 PM

If people would just learn how to play their class than maybe people wouldn't have to use these pathetic enhancements.

#39 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:22 PM

I'm glad you made this topic. Obviously these are big money makers for Gravity but because of how imbalanced they make pvp it's why This should be implemented.

Very True. Most of the big PVP clans use boosters/refined gear/pots/jellies/etc but love to cry that they don't. The game has to be maintained by IM, otherwise we would not have Rose. The boosters, other than aruas, don't increase the stats that much...for example a lvl 200 with unrefined gear that used IM boosters probably would not be able to beat a lvl 220 with high refine gears and cleric buffs. This is just the excuse of the month - ahhh everyone is sooo OP becase of boosters. Just like the buffsets all want to keep in game, they give an advantage to the players who use them, but is the advatage that much more? And does it really matter if most of the PVP people are using them? Wouldn't that make it a fair playing field?

In reality the devs still need to make the classes more balanced and work on some of the glitches and bugs people take advantage of in game that make them even more OP.

Unless you have never used IM for an advantage in PVP then you can't complain about it now.

I could care less if people use these things to balance the odds. But what annoys me is big egos getting bigger through the likes of these.

I really sincerely hope when Clan Wars finally return, all item mall consumable will be restricted within them. It wouldn't serve any logical purpose to allow them, other than for Gravity to gain a couple greedy dollars in the process.

#40 DocJager

DocJager

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • LocationHolland

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:34 PM

I'm glad you made this topic. Obviously these are big money makers for Gravity but because of how imbalanced they make pvp it's why This should be implemented.

I could care less if people use these things to balance the odds. But what annoys me is big egos getting bigger through the likes of these.

The only good reason for that idea you just posted is so the non-IM-potters can take screenshots of the IM-potters and keep their big egos huge and healthy when getting raped. They'll have an excuse why they lost, why their perfect IM refined gear + buffgear still wasn't good enough.

#41 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:41 PM

Or so you'd know better than to fight them.

Look at it in nature. A poison dart frog has bright warning colors to alert it's enemies that it's dangerous, and don't mess with it. Why can't we be alerted from someone using these dangerous item mall consumables?

Edited by Phish, 02 June 2011 - 03:46 PM.

#42 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:22 PM

The only good reason for that idea you just posted is so the non-IM-potters can take screenshots of the IM-potters and keep their big egos huge and healthy when getting raped. They'll have an excuse why they lost, why their perfect IM refined gear + buffgeat still wasn't good enough.

I agree. Its all about the egos in game now. I have seen good people in UW be accused of using IM boosters and pots when I know for a fact they were not. It is the big excuse of the moment as to why people lose. If it makes them feel better, then great. But a lot that have been complaining in game and here have also used all the benefits of IM as well, so I see it as kind of hypocritical with each clan calling another IM whores. It is actually amazing how much you can tank with just red pots, snapper soup and in game items. They will not get rid or IM boosters or pots, they are big sellers and help keep the game alive, just like plutos and vens.

Avoid those that are using them if they are too strong or get people together in UW to gang the ones that are hard to kill. And learn how to use in game food to your benefit so you can tank as well....or buy IM boosters and pots, your choice. My choice as a FS cleric is to avoid PVP maps and get good at dying and returning fast in UW.

#43 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts
  • LocationInside of every dimension like a virus.
  • Server:SpaceFabric

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:58 PM

seriously..all the IM-Boosters and IM-food make the game (or more the Wars) sick and bored.I saw few ppl in Union War for example its near impossible to kill them.
Like 6-7 ppl hit the same guy and he dont get killed even if he got no heal from Cleric..they use only pot´s (or they must use a bug )against ppl who hit him.
Maybe some ppl would like to say now..he smart in setting stats and other blablabla..thats bull-_- cuz the chars who hit him wasnt noob chars with
unrefined weapon,crap gear or didnt know how to set stats!
Zeppelin u said ur team will monitor UW for get more balance..they did ?..nah they cant cuz otherwise they would see this stuff is the 1st reason for make wars and so on unbalanced.I agree with if u buy IM-stuff for keep the game alive u earn a bit advantage against other player but this a way to much.
No wonder other ppl lost the fun to fight in Uw and start hop(switch)and leech the wining side mostly cuz even if they go in group they arent able to kill player who use IM boosters and food.Think about there are alot player around who cant spend soo much money at IM and they keep the game alive also cuz they play and your server isnt empty.
Dont tell me ..stop crying..this post isnt made cuz i wanna cry its more a poke to bring more fun and balance at Faction and other wars

I hope other player will tell own opinion here

Give me you wishlist of what will make you just as strong as them, I'll get you these pots and hp thingys, then when you still get ur arse handed too you, come back on these forums and say you take it back.

#44 DocJager

DocJager

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • LocationHolland

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:39 PM

Or so you'd know better than to fight them.

Look at it in nature. A poison dart frog has bright warning colors to alert it's enemies that it's dangerous, and don't mess with it. Why can't we be alerted from someone using these dangerous item mall consumables?

OK, so what about the costume system?
Everyone can cover up their dangerous ref15 color as well. We should get rid of that too then.

You don't need these different pot-colors to unmask IM potters yourself, you can figure that out by taking losses. You need them so others can see why you have to flee from a certain target. It justifies why you chicken out and prevents damage to your ego.

#45 iBryan

iBryan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 810 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:00 AM

Lol only thing they could do is change the color on the item mall buffs/IM food. They won't remove it, it's a big part of the money they make from rose. If you know you could play without it, then suit yourself atleast you're not wasting tons of zulies getting these things to be "Good". Either way you'll be respected. Just don't end up like a few in-game (Not naming names) that call others weak or think they're stronger than others because they have these types of items. At the end of the day you're spending money on stuff worth more than a consumable :) If you have the extra zulies or item mall points to grab the things then go ahead. Wouldn't matter if you used them if it was like 2vs10 or something like that. Unbalanced union wars are seen daily nowdays, so maybe thats another reason alot of players use these things.

Just keep on gearing and practicing, and avoid champions with item mall buffs. Cause champions with Item mall buffs are just tremendous. Each class has their own little job in wars. If you're a katar raider, then go for the clerics/mages/bourgs. Taking out supporters usually leads to accomplishing the job.

Edited by iBryan, 03 June 2011 - 12:03 AM.

#46 shokwavez

shokwavez

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationOn the mat
  • Server:LEONIS

Posted 03 June 2011 - 01:28 AM

Finally! A thread about Item Mall..pots and buffs especially. I am lovvvving this debate. Initally, I was being ignorant about the whole Item Mall buff pot deal..complaining about whether the guy is legit or not in wars or whatever. But in perspective of players that don't have all the top-notch gear, they could use them to fend for themselves and kinda give balance to union wars specifically. It makes sense..in a way I suppose for these things. I mean I can ignore and brush off people using them now cause it's just getting old. Doesn't bother me anymore if people need to spend money to kill someone =P. I've also heard about suggestions to making the buffs and pots different colors to differentiate "legit pvping" IMO. I miss the old school rose pvp days..so THAT would actually be pretty alleviating =]

#47 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 03 June 2011 - 03:49 AM

The only good reason for that idea you just posted is so the non-IM-potters can take screenshots of the IM-potters and keep their big egos huge and healthy when getting raped. They'll have an excuse why they lost, why their perfect IM refined gear + buffgear still wasn't good enough.

More like the guys acting c0cky because they win using those enhancements will become ridiculous.

#48 DocJager

DocJager

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • LocationHolland

Posted 03 June 2011 - 05:20 AM

More like the guys acting c0cky because they win using those enhancements will become ridiculous.

They already are ridiculous.

#49 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 03 June 2011 - 05:32 AM

They already are ridiculous.

I know! But I wanna see the dollar clouds popping out of em ;D

#50 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 11:42 AM

OK, so what about the costume system?
Everyone can cover up their dangerous ref15 color as well. We should get rid of that too then.

You don't need these different pot-colors to unmask IM potters yourself, you can figure that out by taking losses. You need them so others can see why you have to flee from a certain target. It justifies why you chicken out and prevents damage to your ego.

So then everyone with an an ego will be pleased. Those who win with IM consumables and get cocky, and those who get owned and have their ego hurt by people using them.

Edited by Phish, 03 June 2011 - 11:43 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users