Boosters and IM-Pots make game Sick - Page 3 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Boosters and IM-Pots make game Sick

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#51 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts
  • LocationInside of every dimension like a virus.
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:SpaceFabric

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:31 PM

I don't get it... IM food got butchered enough; why would it need to be butchered even more?

#52 yeoldknight

yeoldknight

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1863 posts
  • LocationNone of your business
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:45 PM

I don't get it... IM food got butchered enough; why would it need to be butchered even more?

Because idiots like you use it in PvP and think you can get away with it.

#53 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 01:08 PM

flaming is against the rules: take note of that. rather then call me an Idiot, or other people who frequently use IM "Idiots" call them, IM wh0res... we prefer that :)

on a side note, I have never used IM food, I was going to buy some and then I found out how baddly butchered it is and I refuse to buy it now. I'd rather buy food that will heal 100% of my hp then buy food that will mearly heal half my hp. (unless you can use both foods at once but I doubt that you can... if you can... watch out because I'm an IM h0e :D )

Edited by CaNehDa, 03 June 2011 - 01:10 PM.

#54 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationJohnston City, IL

Posted 03 June 2011 - 01:08 PM

Just because he said that doesn't incline he uses it. Instigating and assuming is negative. :|

There's already a suggestion topic in regards to changing the "effect cloud" of the IM buff/pots.

#55 HellGuardian

HellGuardian

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1270 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 01:41 PM

All in all, using IM buff ir pots it's a little OP but if you are playing your class as it should and get into a party, you can still take them out. Stop thinking you are a hero and can go up against a person by yourself.

For example:
Those can mute, can be use against champ or cleric to disable them. Those who can decloak, use them to help prevent raider sneak up on your cleric. In a party system, always try to protect your cleric first an not trying to go for the kill. Once cleric die, the possibility of everyone dying is very high.

Even those who pot or use IM buff, they still rely on a cleric to back them up when they are gang by a group and stun them.

I'm not really "for" or "against" this but modification to prevent egotistical people to think they are invincible would be great.

#56 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 June 2011 - 07:43 PM

Really? Item mall restoratives were balanced when the food system was re hauled in November. Once Jellybean stew and no cooldown Easter eggs were added, it just returned back to square one again.

#57 tENLAVUU

tENLAVUU

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1757 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 09:18 PM

Really? Item mall restoratives were balanced when the food system was re hauled in November. Once Jellybean stew and no cooldown Easter eggs were added, it just returned back to square one again.

I've noticed a trend, they do a balance that most agrees on, then somehow eventually find our way back to square 1. as you said with the jellies getting more balanced then they added eggs. just like how they made debuff only 25% after initially being 100% then out of the blue added another debuff.

#58 DocJager

DocJager

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • LocationHolland

Posted 04 June 2011 - 12:54 AM

I've noticed a trend, they do a balance that most agrees on, then somehow eventually find our way back to square 1. as you said with the jellies getting more balanced then they added eggs. just like how they made debuff only 25% after initially being 100% then out of the blue added another debuff.

They indeed seem to be unable to make up their mind over there at Gravity.
Maybe.... they're actually all women!!

#59 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 June 2011 - 04:15 AM

They indeed seem to be unable to make up their mind over there at Gravity.
Maybe.... they're actually all women!!

LOL, No, they are mostly men which explains the fact they can't make up their minds. They love OP things and tend to go back to that whenever they can. Plus I am sure the eggs and stew helped IM sales. They did take away the Party IM buffs/boosters so people do have to buy more of them as individuals now. And again, those that have benefitted from IM in the past, even though they swear they don't now, are no better than those that use them now. I think Hell is right, just figure out how to fight the people that use them, make it a challange and not an excuse. IM pots are not going away and why would the Devs make them a diff color when that might decrease the sales?

Edited by Bendersmom, 04 June 2011 - 04:16 AM.

#60 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 04 June 2011 - 07:27 AM

Posted Image

Damn guys...reroll hammers 4m each.

#61 twitch

twitch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1404 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 09:33 AM

Posted Image

Damn guys...reroll hammers 4m each.

LOL i love how you mentioned the rerolls.

#62 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 02:31 PM

LOL, No, they are mostly men which explains the fact they can't make up their minds. They love OP things and tend to go back to that whenever they can. Plus I am sure the eggs and stew helped IM sales. They did take away the Party IM buffs/boosters so people do have to buy more of them as individuals now. And again, those that have benefitted from IM in the past, even though they swear they don't now, are no better than those that use them now. I think Hell is right, just figure out how to fight the people that use them, make it a challange and not an excuse. IM pots are not going away and why would the Devs make them a diff color when that might decrease the sales?

If you can't beat em, join em.

#63 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 June 2011 - 10:44 AM

If you can't beat em, join em.

Like I need boosters? I do use jellies if I have them but mostly snapper and red pots or vitals. And I have refined my gear and do use some of the costumes from IM, so I guess I am a IM user and happy to admit it. How about you? Ever refined your gear? used boosters if you had no cleric? Used aruas from time to time? Used jellies when they were out? My point is that all that have complained here have used many IM items in the past and maybe even now, and are just being hypocritical now.

Edited by Bendersmom, 05 June 2011 - 10:45 AM.

#64 HellGuardian

HellGuardian

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1270 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 11:08 AM

I just have a moment thinking mage debuff its a wonderful skill so it would make those use IM buff use more.

#65 VetPlayer

VetPlayer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 11:33 AM

Just my opinion on this topic

#1)Item mall boosters shouldn't be allowed in the Union War Map.
#2 Buff sets shouldn't be allowed period in the game of Rose

FYI - The Roseonline item mall is not the ONLY thing that keeps Roseonline running, Gravity does have other means of revenue for their games and offering them to the players whom play them.

#66 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 03:52 PM

Like I need boosters? I do use jellies if I have them but mostly snapper and red pots or vitals. And I have refined my gear and do use some of the costumes from IM, so I guess I am a IM user and happy to admit it. How about you? Ever refined your gear? used boosters if you had no cleric? Used aruas from time to time? Used jellies when they were out? My point is that all that have complained here have used many IM items in the past and maybe even now, and are just being hypocritical now.

Sure I have used those at one point or another, most people have.

I don't support an IM dependent refine system, nor do I support buying power from the IM, but I'm not an item mall Nazi because obviously Gravity is a business and without it they would cease to exist. Costumes have nothing to do with this argument, as they don't enhance your character in any way other than aesthetics.

I really didn't care much about im buffs in the past but in the current day they have become such a disgustingly dominant factor in pvp.

My comment before was regarding the fact that you said instead of making excuses, find ways to combat the people using these buffs. And with that, it means, fork over more money on IM consumables if you want a chance in pvp vs people that use them.

IM pots are not going away and why would the Devs make them a diff color when that might decrease the sales?

Why would they do this? Because it actually makes pvp aspects more fair by hardly changing anything. And realistically why would it decrease their sales other than people being too embarrassed to use them? You said it in an earlier post:

I agree. Its all about the egos in game now. I have seen good people in UW be accused of using IM boosters and pots when I know for a fact they were not. It is the big excuse of the moment as to why people lose. If it makes them feel better, then great.

With different color food those righteous players won't be accused anymore.

Jelly Bean Stew and Easter Eggs increased their IM sales..... Of course. Last week's refine event probably increased Plutorune Sales, but look at how legitimate that was: http://forums.warppo...ally-is-rigged/

By adding the Jellybean Stew and Easter eggs they only contradicted themselves, and lost any dignity and credibility they had left after attempting to balance the food update in November.

Edited by Phish, 05 June 2011 - 04:07 PM.

#67 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 04:03 PM

FYI - The Roseonline item mall is not the ONLY thing that keeps Roseonline running, Gravity does have other means of revenue for their games and offering them to the players whom play them.

Item mall boosters wouldn't sell if one couldn't use in union war map.

and your second idea is great... why not start a new topic about it, maybe an admin will make a poll on it (oh wait that just happened)

#68 Kaizy

Kaizy

Original Potatoe

• Members
  • 1110 posts
  • LocationPLAYING LEAGUE OF LEGENDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSS
  • Server:cal'smom

Posted 05 June 2011 - 11:18 PM

too much text

+1, was funny to see benders get so defensive though even if you didn't mean it the way she interpreted.

Anyway, seems like silly logic to say you can't complain about obvious imbalanced items if you have ever used them. Just because someone uses them doesn't mean they support them. Comparing buying/using consumables (boosters/pots to refines isn't the same either.

I do find it humorous though that boosters have become more overpowered because they upped the refine levels from 9 to 15 which probably only happened to increase pluto/vena sales since they figured there was too much 9 gear already. The sad thing is, even when they screw up the game to increase their IM sales, it doesn't increase it as much as when they are being active, actually balancing/fixing aspects of the game, and introducing new valuable content.

#69 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:40 AM

1) And the sales would drop like rain.
2) Lol, we already had a major argument about this and a poll. The majority wants them to stay.

FYI - The ROSE Online Item Mall IS the ONLY thing that keeps this game up and running. It's free to play, where else could they earn the money to develop it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users