Developer Notes 9.15.11 *UPDATED* - Page 6 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Developer Notes 9.15.11 *UPDATED*

• Please log in to reply
174 replies to this topic

#126 Cloudius

Cloudius

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 September 2011 - 01:16 AM

Now that is what I've been waiting for. Looking forward to it, but the only thing I hate about it is this Union Quest point rewards will be replaced with zulie rewards for completion.

#127 ChickenBucket

ChickenBucket

Bourgeois Representative

• Members
  • 1175 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Poo'onis

Posted 15 September 2011 - 01:25 AM

we are at 9-15 not 10-15

#128 kaminichuan

kaminichuan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Server:leonis

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:48 AM

(Time for another update, I will try and keep this post updated as new information becomes available)

Very innovative and exciting!!
But a big concern to me is: when is this going to be implemented?

Right now these updates are acting as an incentive for many players to over-hoard as many points as they can before it's too late...

#129 maldini

maldini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:54 AM

Random assigned attacker and defender!!! This is what I have been waiting for!!! Thanks!!!

#130 TankJr

TankJr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2513 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:43 AM

Now that is what I've been waiting for. Looking forward to it, but the only thing I hate about it is this Union Quest point rewards will be replaced with zulie rewards for completion.

1.) if the zulie rewards are high enough this would be ok, too

e.g. if we get like 10 union points for a quest we should be rewarded with like 2,5M

(but, there will be alot alot alot alot of more zulie ingame then)

2.) did u all realize that there are only 4 union wars per day anymore? that means we have to wait 6 hours for a union war.......................

#131 Mystiqueforce

Mystiqueforce

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:44 AM

UW every 4 hours~<_< but i like the on demand war! no more ganging!!!!

its only 4 times a day~~~

Edited by Mystiqueforce, 15 September 2011 - 06:54 AM.

#132 Lybis

Lybis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationFloating Around Somewhere!
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:45 AM

(Time for another update, I will try and keep this post updated as new information becomes available)

Looking forward to seeing this. At least it will give us something to do while we wait for content updates.
I do have one question though, its all good bringing out a good update like this but what is the point if the classes are still unbalanced. Are there any plans to do a class balancing update any time soon or before this big update? <_<

*cough cough*

http://forums.warppo...justing-thread/

:unsure:

#133 HellGuardian

HellGuardian

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1270 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:08 AM

For the crystal defender, if there is a group already started, would another group able to start when the players requirement is meet? Is it like a waiting list, one started and then when first group is done then warp the second group?

#134 rhwang82

rhwang82

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:42 AM

For the crystal defender, if there is a group already started, would another group able to start when the players requirement is meet? Is it like a waiting list, one started and then when first group is done then warp the second group?

Multiple games will be able to go off simultaneously. The intention of the Game Arena is to have users be able to sign up and play various game types any time, from anywhere, as long as the games requirements are met and there are people to play them.

#135 HellGuardian

HellGuardian

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1270 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 12:05 PM

Multiple games will be able to go off simultaneously. The intention of the Game Arena is to have users be able to sign up and play various game types any time, from anywhere, as long as the games requirements are met and there are people to play them.

Thanks for the info. I have another question.

If the union quest completion will change it to zulies, what will happen when you have the 50% increase with the IM passive skill? Will it give 50% extra zulies?

There is a part that Gen describe it will be double "battle point" but the top part he mention will be zulies so I'm kinda confuse.

#136 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 15 September 2011 - 12:55 PM

Thanks for the info. I have another question.

If the union quest completion will change it to zulies, what will happen when you have the 50% increase with the IM passive skill? Will it give 50% extra zulies?

There is a part that Gen describe it will be double "battle point" but the top part he mention will be zulies so I'm kinda confuse.

The quests will no longer give PvP points as they are not PvP oriented. The passive skill will only affect the point rewards gained from playing the games or from completing PvP oriented quest objectives (of which are currently aren't any).

#137 HellGuardian

HellGuardian

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1270 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:33 PM

The quests will no longer give PvP points as they are not PvP oriented. The passive skill will only affect the point rewards gained from playing the games or from completing PvP oriented quest objectives (of which are currently aren't any).

Thanks Gen for clarifying it. That's what got me confuse regarding that passive cuz that passive skill was never have any gain from actual UW and only on quest.

Summarize on that passive will only have effect for future PvP oriented quest in the future for gaining "battle points" and no longer provide any benefits on the quest. Totally opposite of what it is currently use for.

#138 Lucis

Lucis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • LocationLit Lamp Wick

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:40 PM

Please edit the title as it is still 09.16.11 today, afaik. :smooch:

i <3 these, btw.

#139 KingsBane

KingsBane

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 01:14 AM

10k points is not a lot for one account. If we had new stuff to buy with the points we already have. People would spend those points but we still waiting for new cg 8500 points new 220 stuff 4500 for armour set. Your 10k wont last long if they ever give us these things. If you want four class sets and a cg your looking at 27k points and then there is bind to refine with. I think 10k is miserly amount and I bet many uw players already exceed 10k so until they got something to buy they wont play uw for zero points. When we had bugged uw with no points most uw were cancelled.

#140 Xieg2

Xieg2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 438 posts
  • LocationBaguio City, Philippines
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 16 September 2011 - 04:13 AM

So if we use Union Quest tickets after you include it in the patch we get zulie in after doing quests in exchange? :smooch:

If so, the Union Quest Tickets will be basically useless -_-

#141 Soaked

Soaked

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • LocationNYC or Amsterdam
  • Server:Bf3 LMAO!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 04:18 AM

Unions
The Unions will remain a part of the game lore, however the majority of their current PvP-oriented functionality is due to be deprecated to allow for more PvP game modes that are not limited to or conflict with the concept of Unions.

• NPC Vendors in each Union House will be relocated to what is currently the Clan Field area in City of Junon Polis.
  • All Union requirements will be removed from the current Union equipment.
  • Union Houses will be closed from future access.
  • Union Quest point rewards will be replaced with zulie rewards for completion.

Battle Points
As part of the deprecation of the Union system, several changes will be made to the Union Points:

• All existing Union Points obtained from each Union will be combined into a single currency called Battle Points.
  • An upper cap of 10,000 Battle Points will be enforced to prevent over-hoarding of points.
  • Players with more than 10,000 Battle Points after the conversion will keep their surplus points, but will not be able to obtain more points until they have dropped below the 10,000 point cap.
  • Battle Points will be used to purchase PvP-oriented items and equipment from the appropriate vendors.
  • Union Point Bonus Reward passive skill will be updated to reward Battle Points.
  • Union equipment and item prices will be adjusted with the release of the new PvP game modes to accommodate for the change of frequency that Battle Points can be accumulated.

Game Arena
  • Displays a list of games that the player can sign up for.
  • Keeps the player informed of their sign up status.
  • Enables game sign ups from anywhere in the game.
  • Features an on-demand game queuing system.
  • Players enter a lobby area to prepare for battle before the game begins when enough players have signed up for a game.
  • Arena Group function to enable large groups of friends or clan members to sign up for the same game and play together in the same team.

The first game types which will take advantage of the Game Arena system are:
  • Union War
    • 3 Level Tiers
    • 4 Times A Day (Scheduled during peak play times for all regions)
    • Assigns players into their Union's team (RC/FG vs JO/AR)
    • Attacker/Defender roles are randomized between each game
    • Designed for larger sized teams (Approximately 50v50 ~ 150v150)
    • Offers larger reward for participation compared to on-demand games.
  • Crystal Defenders
    • 3 Level Tiers
    • On-Demand (Games will start as soon as enough players sign up)
    • No Time Slot Limit
    • Assigns players into random teams (unless in an Arena Group)
    • Attacker/Defender roles are randomized between each game
    • Designed for smaller sized teams (Approximately 10v10 ~ 15v15)

We hope that with the introduction of on-demand game modes and multiple level tiers that the revised time intervals for the Union War are justified.

Development Timeline
It is expected that the Union Point and Union equipment changes will be happening in the coming weeks. The Game Arena interface and new game modes are still in development and are expected to be released in late October/early November period.

I thought the idea was to take some zulie away with the current inflation.

#142 MidnightSmurf

MidnightSmurf

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 1424 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 16 September 2011 - 04:49 AM

I thought the idea was to take some zulie away with the current inflation.

I might be mistaking but it looks as if they are planning to ADD more zulie to the already flooded market.

Union Quest point rewards will be replaced with zulie rewards for completion.

Edit: And this I find quite amusing..

Edited by MidnightSmurf, 16 September 2011 - 04:50 AM.

#143 voxdei

voxdei

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 748 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.
  • Server:forever leonis™

Posted 16 September 2011 - 04:52 AM

wth leonis server is down

#144 SirPlagueLord

SirPlagueLord

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 04:55 AM

omg... when this will be ?

please specify how much each union point reward = zullie *_*

Edited by SirPlagueLord, 16 September 2011 - 05:03 AM.

#145 rodolfocm

rodolfocm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 06:32 AM

It sucks that we spent so much money, time and effort on making the UW items and everything will change now.
This game sucks, as do their devs and the management.

#146 PickUp

PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland
  • Server:Forums

Posted 16 September 2011 - 06:51 AM

It sucks that we spent so much money, time and effort on making the UW items and everything will change now.
This game sucks, as do their devs and the management.

Actually, all they do is merging the different union points into a single currency called "Battle Points". Battle Points will function exactly like Union Points did.
They also make it possible to register to UW and the new PvP game-mode from anywhere in-game with this Game Arena thing. With the help of this Game Arena feature they can also bring the PvP battles closer to being balanced.

#147 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts
  • LocationInside of every dimension like a virus.
  • Server:SpaceFabric

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:04 AM

If so, the Union Quest Tickets will be basically useless :(

They already barely where useful, this kills them, might as well just remove em from IM - -_-

-I can't see them actually putting an amount of zullie that will actually make it worth the while to do these quests :bow:
-Use what tickets you have left to get the points you still can -_-

I must note though; The reasoning behind this does make sense I guess... :smooch:

Edited by CaNehDa, 16 September 2011 - 08:06 AM.

#148 PickUp

PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland
  • Server:Forums

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:44 AM

They already barely where useful, this kills them, might as well just remove em from IM - -_-

-I can't see them actually putting an amount of zullie that will actually make it worth the while to do these quests :bow:
-Use what tickets you have left to get the points you still can -_-

I must note though; The reasoning behind this does make sense I guess... :smooch:

Genesis told us in the senator forum that the Union Quests will be no longer require Union Quest tickets and all existing Union Quest Tickets will be replaced with the equivalent value in Ruven's Tokens which would become the standard currency for all premium content.

#149 SunflowerGirl

SunflowerGirl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:04 AM

My question is, if we are mainly pvm type chars, then would we want to spend our points now on the UW gear before they go away or is better gear going to be available once the conversion happens?

#150 rodolfocm

rodolfocm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 10:34 AM

Actually, all they do is merging the different union points into a single currency called "Battle Points". Battle Points will function exactly like Union Points did.
They also make it possible to register to UW and the new PvP game-mode from anywhere in-game with this Game Arena thing. With the help of this Game Arena feature they can also bring the PvP battles closer to being balanced.

They will change the items too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users