New Cute Pet Contest! - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 4 votes

New Cute Pet Contest!

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#26 Aishu

Aishu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts
  • LocationPayon
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal: Chaos

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:26 PM

xD

#27 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:29 PM

you knows it...

#28 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:14 PM

Hmm... I think Aliza and Alicel should be also tameable~~~~

And well. Zeatlous is a miniboss and can be tamed. So Angeling / Deviling / Archangeling would be very cute as pets~ Just not sure about items and speech~

But I would surely tame the Biolabs 3 Sniper or the Biolabs 4 Gypsy~ <3

#29 DarkNinja

DarkNinja

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 June 2011 - 02:57 AM

Apparently you can tame the white Lady MVP in Louyang is what i have heard >..>

#30 Aishu

Aishu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts
  • LocationPayon

Posted 07 June 2011 - 08:36 PM

zzz

#31 Michelle

Michelle

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationThe Third Half of Dimension X-7E
  • Server:notRO Tempoquitian

Posted 08 June 2011 - 02:24 AM

You DO know that egg sprites are actually based on the monster's element? Either way, they should probably implement the pets already on other ROs first, before attempting to make new ones..

(also little technizismo no people seem to pay attention to)
Spoiler

#32 Aishu

Aishu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts
  • LocationPayon

Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:11 PM

You DO know that egg sprites are actually based on the monster's element? Either way, they should probably implement the pets already on other ROs first, before attempting to make new ones..

(also little technizismo no people seem to pay attention to)

Spoiler

other pets suck, they want more idea's and this should be stickied. Also if they're based off element imp needs a new egg, baby desert wolf needs a new egg, etc etc ~

and its not bumping if you're replying to someone :D

#33 Michelle

Michelle

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:54 PM

Yeah, sure, they suck for you, you want more ideas, and you want it stickied. I didn't think they had it so high in their priority list. Sure, I wouldn't mind any new pets, but there are WAY more important things to work on than mere cute stalkers that give tiny stats after feeding it for a week, only to lose it when forgetting to put it away while going AFK for a short while. (happens more often than not)

Element-wise, yeah, Baby Desert Wolf (and Bongun, but it's close) and two of the more recent eggs in iRO (Imp and Green Maiden) have the wrong egg sprites, but the rest all have the egg corresponding to their element. 4 out of 34? Does that make them not based on element? What if they were just simple mistakes?

"zzz" is a 'reply'? Whatever, but those tiny 3 letters so-happened to push the thread from 2nd page to the first.

(yeah, I'm a nitpick fun-ruiner, but seriously, wake up.)

#34 Aishu

Aishu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts
  • LocationPayon

Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:15 PM

Yeah, sure, they suck for you, you want more ideas, and you want it stickied. I didn't think they had it so high in their priority list. Sure, I wouldn't mind any new pets, but there are WAY more important things to work on than mere cute stalkers that give tiny stats after feeding it for a week, only to lose it when forgetting to put it away while going AFK for a short while. (happens more often than not)

Element-wise, yeah, Baby Desert Wolf (and Bongun, but it's close) and two of the more recent eggs in iRO (Imp and Green Maiden) have the wrong egg sprites, but the rest all have the egg corresponding to their element. 4 out of 34? Does that make them not based on element? What if they were just simple mistakes?

"zzz" is a 'reply'? Whatever, but those tiny 3 letters so-happened to push the thread from 2nd page to the first.

(yeah, I'm a nitpick fun-ruiner, but seriously, wake up.)

actually Heim even mentioned wanting more pets in the Q&A go watch it again, yes zzz is a reply because that is a typical response to haseo~
also, just because you seem to hate pets, there's a lot of other people in game that like them. plus there's only so much they can work on anyway, if they have the spare time then why not? go troll someone else's thread if you're not going to contribute to the contest, trying to get some more idea's before I send in my ticket about it.

Anyway, don't reply again unless you have a REAL pet idea to contribute.. Thank You.

Edited by Aishu, 08 June 2011 - 01:20 PM.

#35 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:39 PM

And for the record, I don't particularly care either way about the pets, I just like making stuff up.

#36 Michelle

Michelle

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:31 PM

Well, okay, I probably missed that part in the Q/A.. but you know, there's something about a 1-hour long video that you sorta might miss one or two questions about things you aren't particularly waiting for.. and I couldn't find a text version anywhere for an easy re-check either. Or can you say that you remember every single question and answer?

(and there's two replies between your and Haseo's post and it looked like you 'replied' to DarkNinja.. and *mumble* *mumble*)

Main point, I don't necessarily hate pets; mind you, I actually like some of the un-implemented pets you instantly bashed as "sucky". And they might get off easier by implementing existing pets rather than attempting to make new ones from scratch..

Edited by Michelle, 08 June 2011 - 03:32 PM.

#37 Nilami

Nilami

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:36 AM

Well, okay, I probably missed that part in the Q/A.. but you know, there's something about a 1-hour long video that you sorta might miss one or two questions about things you aren't particularly waiting for.. and I couldn't find a text version anywhere for an easy re-check either. Or can you say that you remember every single question and answer?

FYI:
June Q&A Rough Transcript

Personally, I like seeing suggestions because it's done in English and many of them relate to monster updates that are happening all the time. A lot of the pet comments from the original pets needed to be adjusted by the iRO GMs to make better sense and sound relatively entertaining when they were transferred over from kRO. Localization becomes easier when you have ideas being posted all the time - helps the creative process!

Edited by Nilami, 10 June 2011 - 10:37 AM.

#38 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:20 AM

I for one would like to see some new pets get added to game, however whether or not this gets taken seriously at some point I'd like to see which monsters people would like to have as pets!

Rules: MvPs are excluded. Must include monster name, Picture of the monster, Taming item (Description optional), What they eat, Pet Armor(Optional), Pet egg sprite, Pet Stat Buffs, as well as your pets dialogue if possible (when it's starved, hungry, Upon feeding, Feeding when Full, you're low on hp, you die, and maybe a few random lines for when sitting around in town, and anything else I forgot about.)

Here are mine, although I kinda suck at this so I will be leaving the dialogue out for now! =(

Hillslion Posted Image

Taming Item: Lion's Whip (A Whip Used for Taming lions. It seems to produce best results when used on Hillslion.)

Food: Star Dust

Cute Pet Armor: Golden Mane (Turns Hillslion's Mane a golden color; I suck at drawing picture won't be included)

+1 this one would be too cool.

Edited by D111, 10 June 2011 - 11:21 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users