lmalady

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationThe river.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:YggDrasil

Posted 04 June 2011 - 09:09 AM

Hey, it's been forever since I've been on iRO. Builds here are probably going to be a heck of a lot different from those you'd use on the private servers I've been messing around on, right? Well, then I certainly have no idea how to start mine! I've never been very good with builds, anyway. >0<

So I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on how I should start building my future Gypsy/Wanderer, Second Fiddle? Currently, I'm just a little novice bumbling around the Novice Grounds with a pocket full of undistributed points. I know that archers need AGI and DEX, but I don't really know when the best time to distribute the points to which. Plus, I'd like to do a little bit of support, so I'm assuming I'll need some INT? I'm not sure how to fit that in at all!

In conclusion, old player looking for help. >: Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance~~

#2 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10262 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 04 June 2011 - 09:13 AM

Hello and welcome!

You might want to check out this discussion: http://forums.warppo...yond-questions/

#3 lmalady

lmalady

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationThe river.
  • Server:YggDrasil

Posted 04 June 2011 - 09:40 AM

Oh, that should help me plenty. Thank you!

#4 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 04:54 AM

Mmm... I hope it's not too late to post...

But yeah. You will need to go AGI>DEX>INT, if you really want to survive and shorten your way to Wanderer. I went DEX>INT>VIT and suffered a lot, to the point of being leeched on the last levels. [I mean, my very very high Int made some Lord/Rune Knights never run out of SP when killing strong monsters (for you) like Magmarings or Kobolds]

As a dancer, don't push your DEX to 99. Push to 80 instead. As a dancer, your agi needs priority, because of high ASPD to Double Strafe.

Before 80, you will rarely worry about SP, because the monsters die very fast, to the maximum of 40 sp/monster. [3~4 strafes]. After that, there are monsters which require 5+ strafes to kill.

And for the gear. All your life as a dancer can be resumed on the Eden Bow II, got by the eden quests.

[100 Transcendent points: Push your INT to 24 (starter) and send the rest of the points to your DEX. After that, work only on AGI and DEX, prioritizing AGI until it gets to 80]

As a Gypsy: Same, but you can switch to Arrow Vulcan and onehit everything until 80. After that, grab a priest and ask him/her to Lex Aeterna all your way to 99/70. This time, go 85~90 AGI / 99 DEX / rest to INT.

Why so many INT?

As a Wanderer, your SP pool decreases [My 90 INT Gypsy lost 500 SP on her job change], and you get one powerful skill, and very very high cost. Severe Rainstorm and its 120 SP cost. You can always max your Voice Lessons to get 300 extra SP and 33 regen/10 s, but it's better if you focus in the solo or chorus skills, because most supports coming from the skill affects all the party at once.

Also. You need Gypsy's Kiss if you want to play support on parties. It's the only dance you really need to have it maxed. 60- SP being used in Severe Rainstorm's destroyer output is a very nice bonus. You can also spam Magic Strings with a maxed Lady Luck and Soul Link.

Sorry for the late [and poor] advice, but it is here. If you are playing Valkyrie, you can always call me if needed. ^_^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users