Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:01 PM

June 9th Maintenance plans.

• Sakray: Wipe all characters back to 1/1 novices in the training ground
  • Sakray: Remove the USRC resetters and storage
  • Sakray: update the maps to NOT kick out on death if the target dead people bug is not fixable by Thursday
  • Anniversary Event begins, through 7/12.
  • Muka hat event continues
  • Lady Tanee Doll event continues
  • Grandma Boxter will leave.
  • Recycler Ben : Updated
    - Stone Buckler added
    - TBA more items
  • Battle Grounds on all servers will have their randomization method updated, this should keep the disconnects in the sky from occurring.
  • Continental Guides in the cities will be talked to again about their conversation habits.
  • Cool Event Corp warp voting will be implemented on Valkyrie
  • Arullo in Guild dungeons will be removed.
  • Skill cast updates: (These are under consideration, not necessarily going to occur)
    Howling Mandragora, increasing the skill recast to 60 seconds. Adding a front end cast time of 1s fixed.
    Soul Exhale : Lowering the front end cast bar, and possibly lowering the recast time
    Arch Bishop : Looking at the recast times and SP costs. considering making more heals per minute a viable possibility.
  • Old Kafra Shop Headgear recycler. 9th - 21st
    Old hats like Lucky Box, or random hat boxes being exchanged.
In Testing phase is the job exp requirements from 100-150 and what sort of growth curve feels more natural.

#2 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:14 PM

Howling Mandragora, increasing the skill recast to 60 seconds. Adding a front end cast time of 1s fixed.

Good start.

Arch Bishop : Looking at the recast times and SP costs. considering making more heals per minute a viable possibility.

No changes about cast speed? Would love to see ME and Renovatio cast time reduced.

Also,
Any updates about the MvP Summoner and the drop penalty will still be OFF?

#3 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:22 PM

Drop Penalty : No change
MVP Summoner : No change for now. We have some MVP testing to do, because I think they are a little "boring" and I would like to make them better and befitting their MVP tag.

#4 Daray

Daray

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:33 PM

Troy the slotter in Payon is still ingame giving "discounted" slotting, the event text says it was ment to go on 2nd of june.
Is he going to stay longer?
If so please adjust his dialog to reflect this.

#5 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:37 PM

It's not the spamability of Heal that's the issue (except for High Heal, which has a ridiculous delay with higher lvl, making ppl get only lv 1), it's the low amount of healing.
If it would at least scale with level, like damage on most 3rd cls skills does.
*(level/100)

How bout turning the preRE instant archer classes skills back to fun from the "aw crap fixed cast?" treatment they got with renewal?
So thered be a point in using skills beside Double Strafe, like FAS, Falcon Assault, Arrow Vulcan :D
Or did everyone who played Sniper preRE already quit? :S

Good start.

No changes about cast speed? Would love to see ME and Renovatio cast time reduced.

Well yea good start. Would make more sense to get kro patches first and then see if it's still needed. But since it's taking long, this is better than nothing while we wait :D

ME cast is actually ok now... if it was stronger, by say a half or so.

Also, great that drop penalty is still out :P
It's really just annoying. Unless you adjust it so at least monsters below players level always drop at normal rates, keep it out...

Edited by Charon, 06 June 2011 - 02:38 PM.

#6 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:51 PM

Anniversary event..?

#7 rikai

rikai

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:57 PM

• Skill cast updates: (These are under consideration, not necessarily going to occur)

I assume this is a temporary nerf (if it goes through) until we get the skill balance patch?

With that patch i really don't think delays on the skill/fixed cast will be needed as there will be ample ways to reduce/counter it. I can understand the motivation behind it with the current setup we have, though.

Edited by rikai, 06 June 2011 - 02:58 PM.

#8 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:58 PM

High heal could be given a much shorter delay, and then there wouldn't be a need to scale heal by level.

Something like:

level 1: 3 second
level 2: 3 second
level 2: 2 second
level 2: 2 second
level 2: 1.5 seconds

OR:

Make all levels of high heal have a 3 second cool down each, but on individual timers so you have to switch levels of high heal to use.

#9 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 06 June 2011 - 03:01 PM

Beautiful change to HoM.

Taking a nice step forward, keep it up.

#10 Charisma

Charisma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 06 June 2011 - 03:13 PM

Soul Exhale : Lowering the front end cast bar, and possibly lowering the recast time

Dear Heim,

Soul Exhale has no recast delay.

Love, Andi <3

#11 Symm

Symm

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts
  • LocationProntera Pub.

Posted 06 June 2011 - 03:34 PM

*cough* Make it give full SP again *cough*

#12 Sackof

Sackof

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 03:45 PM

Cool Event Corp warp voting will be implemented on Valkyrie

Awesome! Are we also getting a updated list of dungeons to vote on too? I don't know if anyone levels in Clock tower or Toy Factory.. /swt

I would like to suggest warps to more popular leveling spots like juperos, Abysmal Lake, Thors, Niff, etc?

#13 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 06 June 2011 - 03:47 PM

Niff

People level in Niff? XD

You can be honest, you just want it for the Bris seal. <3

#14 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 03:57 PM

finally mandragora howling its getting owned... what about the cast times on genetics? (THEY REALLY NEED FIXED CAST TIME) and... now arrullo its removed from guild dungeon too....instead of fixing the bug with the stupids npcs, they forbiden arrullo too.... why dont remove from game arrullo and deep sleep lullaby? AND in case of sakray since its a test server, can we have rates like 1000/100? then we can test those classes that we feel that are op, and we can know how to counter then and how much they need to do to a kill, (EXCEPT FOR GENETICS, RETARDED CLASS, IT DESERVES FULL BANING EACH GENETIC)

#15 igzz

igzz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • Locationdown under

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:08 PM

What is exactly is the "Anniversary Event"?

#16 igzz

igzz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • Locationdown under

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:09 PM

Anniversary Event begins, through 7/12.

Any clues/descriptions as to what it's going to be?

#17 Hacks

Hacks

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 534 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:26 PM

• Sakray: Wipe all characters back to 1/1 novices in the training ground
  • Sakray: Remove the USRC resetters and storage
  • Sakray: update the maps to NOT kick out on death if the target dead people bug is not fixable by Thursday
  • Anniversary Event begins, through 7/12.
  • Muka hat event continues
  • Lady Tanee Doll event continues
  • Grandma Boxter will leave.
  • Recycler Ben : Updated
    - Stone Buckler added
    - TBA more items
  • Battle Grounds on all servers will have their randomization method updated, this should keep the disconnects in the sky from occurring.
  • Continental Guides in the cities will be talked to again about their conversation habits.
  • Cool Event Corp warp voting will be implemented on Valkyrie
  • Arullo in Guild dungeons will be removed.
  • Old Kafra Shop Headgear recycler. 9th - 21st
    Old hats like Lucky Box, or random hat boxes being exchanged.
In Testing phase is the job exp requirements from 100-150 and what sort of growth curve feels more natural.

and what of backslide missing from valk woe? this was supposed to be in last week's maintenance.

#18 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Server:Iris

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:41 PM

[list][*]Recycler Ben : Updated
- Stone Buckler added A+ awesome
- TBA more items
(These are under consideration, not necessarily going to occur)
Howling Mandragora, increasing the skill recast to 60 seconds. Adding a front end cast time of 1s fixed. what the-_-? is this comet or something? whats the longest last of mandragora? less than a minute. whats the effect and recast of deep sleep and cc? infinite... you gotta be :D kidding me... STILL havent fixed reflect bug so no hell plant...
Soul Exhale : Lowering the front end cast bar, and possibly lowering the recast time its not the cast time thats annoying, its that max is HALF of the sp. giving sp from a sorc means getting like 1.2 k or so...

Edited by BlackPotato, 06 June 2011 - 04:50 PM.

#19 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:43 PM

Could you change the bungee jump npc from being a walkable cell to be a click-able npc instead? Kind of how you changed the lighthalzen thief from the speed potions quest. Currently the bungee jump gets crowded super-easily and stops working (or gets blocked on purpose and made unusable).

Posted Image

#20 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:49 PM

-i wont troll this time- what about the change of materials for summons?????????? i still with my idea of using the Endless Tower ashes as a "UNIVERSAL MATERIAL" and i really want that amon ra materials change soon XP, i just got CERO rosata stones now.....and i cant get more from standard respawn, becouse hes never there

#21 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:51 PM

*cough* Make it give full SP again *cough*

This x9001.

#22 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:54 PM

Summoning materials will not be changed yet nor the cool down till the new MvP changes (buffs?) are tested out.

Edited by Beata, 06 June 2011 - 04:55 PM.

#23 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:59 PM

make abys lake perma 3x respawn????? or perma turning but just of 50 dragons per turn( YES bought and upgrade the baby dragon hat, we need to do something with that thing.... also the turtle hat.... and we should have a baby ice titan hat XD

#24 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:00 PM

How bout turning the preRE instant archer classes skills back to fun from the "aw crap fixed cast?" treatment they got with renewal?
So thered be a point in using skills beside Double Strafe, like FAS, Falcon Assault, Arrow Vulcan :D
Or did everyone who played Sniper preRE already quit? :S

No, they just all switched to trap or are patiently waiting for the day Gravity gets off their lazy butts and adjusts that fixed casts for the good bow skills. Seriously Heim, can you please tell us why you wont lower the fixed cast on FAS? Or, please lower it to something reasonable so it's useful!

#25 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:18 PM

Arullo in Guild dungeons will be removed.

Hey, instead of removing Arullo and DSL from GD, can you at least state some reasons WHY? At least give the public a statement about it instead of nerfing it via conversations with several people not done in a public setting? There's so many reasons why it shouldn't have been disabled. It's a terrible way to fix whatever "issues" it has.

Can you guys please start talking to the general public about these kinds of changes. I seriously wish you guys would talk to us more.

Edited by Sapphic, 06 June 2011 - 05:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users