New Rule on Account Sharing - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

New Rule on Account Sharing

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#26 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:21 PM

Apparently only unslottable gear can be named.

#27 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:21 PM

bout freaking time gravity started enforcing this

Here, let me get you some knee pads.

You clearly have nothing to lend out/are too selfish to lend anything out.

#28 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:24 PM

Here, let me get you some knee pads.

You clearly have nothing to lend out/are too selfish to lend anything out.

No i clearly dont trust no one in this game to lend my stuff out. And frankly I tried of people that share account lossing :D then get all back, even tho, GM said 8+ years again, they would not provide support to people that share accounts. IT bout time gravity started enforcing there own rules

#29 Ardi

Ardi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:27 PM

I have to agree with lamb here... I might have to go kill myself soon.

#30 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:29 PM

No i clearly dont trust no one in this game to lend my stuff out. And frankly I tried of people that share account lossing :D then get all back, even tho, GM said 8+ years again, they would not provide support to people that share accounts. IT bout time gravity started enforcing there own rules

People like you are why people don't trust guildleaders. Teamwork is fun, you should try it.

#31 Estancia

Estancia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:32 PM

you are speaking solely from your own view.
These guilds have MVP gears that guildies want to borrow 24/7.
Since those mvp gears are the properties of a guild, guildies have rights to use them.
But the main concern is getting them back if someone decides to run with those gears.
It's not really about sharing accounts in this case, it's more about getting mvp carded gears back when needed (just like named god items).
I can see why this could be upsetting for big guilds with mvp carded gears.

#32 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:33 PM

People like you are why people don't trust guildleaders. Teamwork is fun, you should try it.

Another things This is not a new rule, this is an old rule, they didnt enforce cause, to many people did and now it so out of hand they gona enforce it, get over it dont lend things out you cant replace or not willing to lose, Again this is and OLD RULE they just enforcing it now, sorta like how mobbing like 90% of the server does, is illegal but they dont enforce, maybe they will start enforcing that too

you are speaking solely from your own view.
These guilds have MVP gears that guildies want to borrow 24/7.
Since those mvp gears are the properties of a guild, guildies have rights to use them.
But the main concern is getting them back if someone decides to run with those gears.
It's not really about sharing accounts in this case, it's more about getting mvp carded gears back when needed (just like named god items).
I can see why this could be upsetting for big guilds with mvp carded gears.

and gravity has the right to not help those guilds if they get lose or stole now, like they just said

Dont lend out what you cant replace or lose, take collateral like the said

Edited by Puppet, 08 June 2011 - 01:35 PM.

#33 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:36 PM

I have to agree with Xellie and Lamb here,

If a guild works together on an item or items, it has been past practice for years to lend them out to the guild. But if we are now being told there is no way of assuring the return of the item if one individual goes rougue with it, then things are going to be very tough on guild leaders, specially ones with multiple MVP carded gears.

#34 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

I see where you got your name. The GMs Puppet. =D

#35 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Another things This is not a new rule, this is an old rule, they didnt enforce cause, to many people did and now it so out of hand they gona enforce it, get over it dont lend things out you cant replace or not willing to lose, Again this is and OLD RULE they just enforcing it now, sorta like how mobbing like 90% of the server does, is illegal but they dont enforce, maybe they will start enforcing that too

Sometimes the rules are just there to prevent abuse over pointless things. kRO never had an anti-Mobbing rule. The iRO rule was only put in through community whining and frankly is nothing more than a matter of respect. As iRO players aren't able to respect others, the rule had to be put in as a failsafe.

If you were in my guild and MVPed with me all day and an MVP card dropped, I would like for you and the entire MVP team to be able to use it. However, conflicts do happen (such is the nature of humanity) and it only takes one person to ruin this.

How would you feel in that situation? We're not talking about +10 shiny swords here, we're talking about items that generally take multiple people to acquire, through mvp hunting or zeny gathering.

#36 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:42 PM

Sometimes the rules are just there to prevent abuse over pointless things. kRO never had an anti-Mobbing rule. The iRO rule was only put in through community whining and frankly is nothing more than a matter of respect. As iRO players aren't able to respect others, the rule had to be put in as a failsafe.

If you were in my guild and MVPed with me all day and an MVP card dropped, I would like for you and the entire MVP team to be able to use it. However, conflicts do happen (such is the nature of humanity) and it only takes one person to ruin this.

How would you feel in that situation? We're not talking about +10 shiny swords here, we're talking about items that generally take multiple people to acquire, through mvp hunting or zeny gathering.

and this is the whole reason gravity doing this now it gotta out hand, hence they saying take collateral and dont lend out what you cant replace, and not to share accounts if you want support if that stuff dont get return

#37 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:43 PM

and this is the whole reason gravity doing this now it gotta out hand, hence they saying take collateral and dont lend out what you cant replace, and not to share accounts if you want support if that stuff dont get return

I don't think you understand the concept of an item belonging to multiple people i.e: THE GUILD as a whole instead of some selfish little individual.

#38 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:44 PM

The only collateral on a Tao is a Tao. The only collateral for a GTB is a GTB. That's it.

#39 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:46 PM

What if the person doesn't have something of equal value to the item being traded?

#40 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:51 PM

We're expecting too much if anybody here is expecting an immediate solution. I'd just like a roadmap ahead on what's being done and when it will be done. Cause as of right now, I'm getting the feeling that this is just an idea and nothing will be done for a long long long long time. I've heard rumors of the GMs coming up with new ideas on how to recall items, how to track MVP gears, etc, but they seem to end there, as ideas.

The rule is in place and I don't think it's asking too much for the community to hold onto their gear for now until something a little more reasonable is in place. But by asking for us to hang onto gear, I mean for a week or two and not months/years.

EDIT: And in the event that this thread gets locked, I might as well request something else beforehand. Can you please give us an expected date as to when the names can be added to gears and all if that's the path we're going to take? The community needs something to remember this by. "Hey, weren't we supposed to have item naming by June 25th, 2011? What happened with that?!" Or maybe the GMs could just honor the recovery process for a little longer (for the simple cases) and take their time on breaking new ground.

Edited by Lambor, 08 June 2011 - 01:54 PM.

#41 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:54 PM

What we need is an item sharing solution brainstorm

#42 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:55 PM

I understand the concept, but items in this game here never meet to be moved from account to account,

If gravity where to make a Guild bank, that the whole guild has access to and after say, 1 day this items goes back to the guild bank, it wouldnt be a problem for guilds or gravity. but there isnt and gravity, is tired of keep track of things they guild need to keep track of and stop relying on gravity to get there stuff back when it gets lost, or they made a system where so and so is borrowing this during woe, and after woe it get sent back to the bank, but that not gona happen cause they not allow to program things into the game

Edited by Puppet, 08 June 2011 - 01:59 PM.

#43 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:58 PM

I understand the concept, but items in this game here never meet to be moved from account to account,

If gravity where to make a Guild bank, that the whole guild has access to and after say, 1 day this items goes back to the guild back, it wouldnt be a problem for guilds or gravity. but there isnt and gravity, is tried of keep track of things they guild need to keep track of and stop relying on gravity to get there stuff back when it gets lost, but that not gona happen cause they not allow to program things into the game

Instead of being a negative nancy, why don't you help us come up with a plausible solution that takes pressure off the GMs and makes RO a better place?
From your attitude I highly doubt you're actually involved in any of this kind of issue, but outsiders opinions also help when devising a solution

#44 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 02:04 PM

Could anyone tell me if its possible to name a 1 card armor? thats only solution I can think of.

#45 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 02:06 PM

there is no plausable solution cause there no such system in place, and gravity wont be aloud to do it, and unless kro does for them and kro most likey wont be included too. I would not be negative nancy if gravity, could actual fix the problem in this game with out kro having to do it for them we wait for them, kro is there reason why iRO is all unbalanced and broke to begin with. so i have reason to be this negative nancy un till gravity / iRO proves my way of thinking is wrong

Edited by Puppet, 08 June 2011 - 02:07 PM.

#46 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 June 2011 - 02:10 PM

About naming mvp gears:

The issue with gear naming is situational. I don't think GMs have a problem with naming MvP carded gears, but the problem lies within proving and verifying the ownership of such items if they were shared among many people or inherited from friends who no longer play. The situation is clear however if the said MvP cards/gears were purchased through 1 account, then simply the purchaser name should be engraved on the items.

Edited by Beata, 08 June 2011 - 02:11 PM.

#47 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 02:17 PM

The fix is this

Guild bank system

Items are put in the bank (be it MVP card gear or God items).
Guild memeber can access it
Select said Item
Duration selection of 1 day or for woe Etc.
After said time Item automatically gets sent back to guild bank.
Said system is all stored on Game server.

and people can stop sharing account and gear and whining when stuff is lost

If such system was in place ther would be no problem and I highly suggest a said system like above is put in place, but know this is programing nightmare, and iro dont program or there not alloud to and it must come from kro, I doubt kRO will be inclined to do so for us.

Edited by Puppet, 08 June 2011 - 02:21 PM.

#48 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 08 June 2011 - 02:23 PM

That's not a very creative solution, I have a good idea that is within Gravity's coding grasp, I just need time to type it up.

#49 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 02:57 PM

what the have to do with it? it is a system where the guild leader dont have to keep tracking of guild bank stuff, it all done by gravity which is just how guilds like it they rather iRO keep track of there :D

#50 Aeolus

Aeolus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:15 PM

If gravity where to make a Guild bank, that the whole guild has access to and after say, 1 day this items goes back to the guild bank, it wouldnt be a problem for guilds or gravity. but there isnt and gravity, is tired of keep track of things they guild need to keep track of and stop relying on gravity to get there stuff back when it gets lost, or they made a system where so and so is borrowing this during woe, and after woe it get sent back to the bank, but that not gona happen cause they not allow to program things into the game

Wait so every item was meant to be account bound? Holy crap I must have not been playing the same game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users