Give us unlimited free resets - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 8 votes

Give us unlimited free resets

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#26 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 13 June 2011 - 04:25 PM

Unlimited stat resets would make brewing too easy with marionette control, as well as beef up player stats to a ridiculous extent.

We do this already, 99 character takes like 15m to full reset. 100% success with little or no effort. It's lovely. Just pot lots at once!

#27 TrueMaster

TrueMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts
  • LocationFar Northern California
  • Server:Valkyrie->Chaos

Posted 13 June 2011 - 04:58 PM

no unlimited reset, that would just further break the game. I think they are being pretty generous giving out the one reset per character thing.

You can also pay a little amount of zenny or KPs to reset a char.

As it goes now there is no real thing such as a niche character because you can change your stats at any point and time. The niche builds was a big part of the PvM players style. now it is all but ruined because a 150 can just change their stats to that niche build without acually ever having to grind as that build.

Maybe if things get things get wildly different we should get one, but for now barely anything has changed.

#28 UnspunReality

UnspunReality

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 05:01 PM

The way they're playing with skills begs for a skill reset atleast somewhere. Like the priest high heal change.

#29 brokenguy

brokenguy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 05:40 PM

Use Zenny for skill reset imo, a lot of skills and other things are changing so we need something to change our skills/stats just not completely free.

#30 SirDillhole

SirDillhole

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:12 PM

Why don't we just get the last NPC that gave us Resets for a price back when Renewal hit?
50k for the first time, 100k for second, and 150k for third? So on and so forth...(But I think it was more? I can't remember..)

But otherwise, I do like the idea of getting 1 per maintenance. But I know you guys wouldn't do that...
So why not make it ONE RESET PER MONTH?

#31 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:15 PM

Zeny for reset... Only for VIP people. Maybe they could implement it then~

Or maybe the reset costing less stones for they.

#32 weaseI

weaseI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 07:35 PM

Or 1 free reset to 1 char in that account for every VIP purchase.

#33 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:41 PM

I remember the days where you picked a build and stuck with it, elsewise paid an exorbitant fee to remove certain amounts of stats.

I miss those days.

A fee and an even heavier price if you totally screwed up and had to go back to 1/1 novice Posted Image

Anywho, I know gravity isn't allowed to reveal formulas and such for certain things. But if they could offer something like the community has done over the years with simulation, I think that would help a lot. I know for me when I start a new character I don't know a lot about its basically a research project for me depending on if its First Class, Trans, or Third Class...ya know "what is the best way to do this!?!?" with gears, etc.

I don't think having a perma reset npc is a good idea, one because gravity can't make money Posted Image and two I'd imagine all the abuse it would get. You could make super WoE builds for WoE then turn around and go back to a leveling build and maybe its just the veteran in me talking but back in the day if you messed your build up you messed it up, only option you had was to live with it or delete and remake. I don't mind the ones we get every so often because thats just good business for those who have returned or just started and don't know much about the game.

All I can think of is what has been said before with the Sakray server and having it be a test server that is whipped out every maint just like how we did when we first got renewal and were testing things out (even if we went to the extreme). I found that to be so helpful but it was only around for a few weeks really so I couldn't even begin to get all my character worked out.

The second idea is some type of web interface or downloadable application of course if this was maintained by Gravity it might not get the TLC it needs given all the projects they have right now. But it would be nice if the community could maintain something of this nature with Gravity's help on certain things such as damage formulas or maybe not even that some type of interface such as a programming library (obfuscated of course) or a web service where you could basically query it with certain stats and it returned values for the attack/matk or something.

At any rate that's just my two cents I guess on solving the issues mentioned before hand, I personally use a program called RagState written by a Korean dude ( I assume ) who even put an English translation in for us as well as other languages. Its not a perfect tool but for some classes its helpful for certain battle situations but mostly because I can use it to allocate stats quickly and figure out how buffs affect them and such.

Edited by Inubashiri, 13 June 2011 - 08:46 PM.

#34 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:01 PM

Obviously you haven't read the OP, because this isn't about messed up builds, it's about the GMs changing skills without giving us a chance to change out/in to something they broke/buffed.

Buffs/nerfs always happen in MMOs. Live with it. The way you adjust to them defines you as a player. =P

#35 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:08 PM

Right now a reset is premature. After we get all the SKILL updates perhaps this would be a better topic.

After its all done we'll see where we are at.

#36 Jing

Jing

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • LocationEast Prontera
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:12 PM

meaning, giving free resets is less money for them. Of course they would make up every reason not agree with it.

#37 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:20 PM

Hilarious... So "NO"! /e5

#38 Nombus

Nombus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:00 PM

You cannot even provide a definite answer whether or not free resets will be available to the public at that time? If kRO has provided it to their players, it hardly seems fitting that we will not be given the same. We are already experiencing significant changes on our actual servers without testing as kRO does on their test servers prior to implementation.

#39 ExDarkrb

ExDarkrb

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:13 PM

SAY YES!!!

#40 Pyrasia

Pyrasia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:15 PM

I think 1 free reset a month for VIP sounds fair.

#41 Estancia

Estancia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:52 PM

I think 1 free reset a month for VIP sounds fair.

I second this idea.

#42 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 14 June 2011 - 12:11 AM

Right now a reset is premature. After we get all the SKILL updates perhaps this would be a better topic.

Only problem with this is that your changing skills that ppl use then they can no longer use them. Do you actually know when, if ever, you will get ALL the skill updates? I really cannot see this ending anytime in the next 6months-a year at the min.

When you post certain things on the website about how a skill works and even read up on how skills work from players on the forums here, do the test run, rebirth, then work hard to get it....Then BAM skill doesn't work the same anymore and can't be used realistically for the same purpose. Obviously ppl are going to want to be able to reset. The problem is people then either start having to buy crap loads of WPE and KP, Bot or buy zenny from bot sites in order to get resets. Oh yeah I guess we could spend a stupid amount of time hunting items that can be NPC'd but then I start to feel like a bot.

#43 Nick221cen

Nick221cen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 14 June 2011 - 04:50 AM

Wait so while you mess with skills either by Nerf/Buff them because you have the rad awesome idea to say "Hey lets try this out!". You cant give us an option of trying out these skills but a form of a reset. While continuing to mess with skills you expect us to pay 5-20 dollars (random guess) to restat and re skill. I think with all the experiments you have going on instead of changing skaray into a test server you use us instead and expect us to deal with it....

#44 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 08:50 AM

I agree there should be some sort of limited reset, at least for vips and the classes whose skills have changed.

#45 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:55 AM

meaning, giving free resets is less money for them. Of course they would make up every reason not agree with it.

Right now with stuff like this happening:

We do this already, 99 character takes like 15m to full reset. 100% success with little or no effort. It's lovely. Just pot lots at once!

It's no surprise they don't want to do free resets. Sure they're making money from it, but would you want to make it free for people to exploit even more than they're already doing? @@

#46 Pingchan222

Pingchan222

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:58 AM

Definitely at least have one more reset, especially when we get that upcoming balancing patch from kRO! Not just VIP or any nonsense like that, though. This effects everyone, it shouldn't be more pay2win. Expecting us to pay because of these CUSTOM changes is a bit silly, especially if we don't even know if they'll even stay in permanently...and then theres that kRO patch... -_-

#47 TrueMaster

TrueMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts
  • LocationFar Northern California
  • Server:Valkyrie->Chaos

Posted 14 June 2011 - 10:21 AM

Does any one even know if KRO had the reset stones at all? I never heard anything about them allowing the resets after that first month grace period.

#48 Ciler

Ciler

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 120 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:10 AM

When this game started we didn't have 2nd classes, believe it or not. When 2nd classes came in (2-1 then 2-2), a lot of builds became obsolete. There was no prior warning, and no player input in the changes. We sucked it up and rerolled.

When flee was nerfed (comodo patch) alot of agi builds became obsolete. There was no prior warning, and no player input in the changes. We sucked it up and rerolled (except Xellie)

When a lot of skill balancing was done following the trans patch (episode 9) alot of builds and weapons were agin greatly affected. There was no prior warning, and no player input in the changes. We sucked it up and rerolled.

Renewal happens, and the actual game mechanics change, we get a test server, and several reset opportunities (based on zeny not pay2win items), plus one FREE, NO CONDITIONS ATTACHED, reset for ALL CHARACTERS. That's a huge change.

Now, further balancing is done on skills, players have a vast opportunity to provide input, there is to an extent a test server available (I did a lot of build testing on the brasilis test server), and they-_- and moan?

Sorry, but get the-_- out of my game. This isn't a free ride, you make choices and assume them.

There's the kafra shop to fix your skills already, that's plenty enough. And if your stat build is rendered ineffective, levelling has never been easier - since people have claimed the ability to do 99/70 trans in a week.

#49 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:31 AM

^ Everything there is right, except one thing~~~~ ^_^

Now, further balancing is done on skills, players have a vast opportunity to provide input, there is to an extent a test server available (I did a lot of build testing on the brasilis test server), and they-_- and moan?

Sakray was stuck on USRC, therefore pre-renewal. So it was not really avaiable~~~~~~

If they had Sakray running okay, they could change it one week before, and not throw these random tests in skills like they are doing now. But there is just one problem. Few people really play Sakray. It would be the same as having "nothing".

A lot of people want me to reset my int-dex-vit Wanderer build. But for what? Just to force me to play solo? I just used my free reset because I made a[n unexpected] mistake and learned one skill I can't even use outside PVP [Circle of Nature, just for you people get right]. And also wanted to reset to put my Voice Lessons to 5.

I don't plan on reseting again for a huge while. But I hope the KRO fixes come as soon as possible.

@People:

Don't forget all these "random fixes" might be renewed, therefore erased, after the KRO fixes... Except the ones the people liked, example: ME faster cast. [Lalala~~~~ I hope KVM fist continues nerfed~~~~~~~~~~~ -_-]

Edited by asayuu, 14 June 2011 - 11:32 AM.

#50 Faolain

Faolain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:All

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:39 AM

When this game started we didn't have 2nd classes, believe it or not. When 2nd classes came in (2-1 then 2-2), a lot of builds became obsolete. There was no prior warning, and no player input in the changes. We sucked it up and rerolled.

When flee was nerfed (comodo patch) alot of agi builds became obsolete. There was no prior warning, and no player input in the changes. We sucked it up and rerolled (except Xellie)

When a lot of skill balancing was done following the trans patch (episode 9) alot of builds and weapons were agin greatly affected. There was no prior warning, and no player input in the changes. We sucked it up and rerolled.

Renewal happens, and the actual game mechanics change, we get a test server, and several reset opportunities (based on zeny not pay2win items), plus one FREE, NO CONDITIONS ATTACHED, reset for ALL CHARACTERS. That's a huge change.

Sorry, but get the-_- out of my game. This isn't a free ride, you make choices and assume them.

There's the kafra shop to fix your skills already, that's plenty enough. And if your stat build is rendered ineffective, levelling has never been easier - since people have claimed the ability to do 99/70 trans in a week.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users