Give us unlimited free resets - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 8 votes

Give us unlimited free resets

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#51 Krispin

Krispin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 787 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:04 PM

This is exactly what sakray is for.

#52 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:30 PM

When this game started we didn't have 2nd classes, believe it or not. When 2nd classes came in (2-1 then 2-2), a lot of builds became obsolete. There was no prior warning, and no player input in the changes. We sucked it up and rerolled.

When flee was nerfed (comodo patch) alot of agi builds became obsolete. There was no prior warning, and no player input in the changes. We sucked it up and rerolled (except Xellie)

When a lot of skill balancing was done following the trans patch (episode 9) alot of builds and weapons were agin greatly affected. There was no prior warning, and no player input in the changes. We sucked it up and rerolled.

Renewal happens, and the actual game mechanics change, we get a test server, and several reset opportunities (based on zeny not pay2win items), plus one FREE, NO CONDITIONS ATTACHED, reset for ALL CHARACTERS. That's a huge change.

Now, further balancing is done on skills, players have a vast opportunity to provide input, there is to an extent a test server available (I did a lot of build testing on the brasilis test server), and they-_- and moan?

Sorry, but get the-_- out of my game. This isn't a free ride, you make choices and assume them.

There's the kafra shop to fix your skills already, that's plenty enough. And if your stat build is rendered ineffective, levelling has never been easier - since people have claimed the ability to do 99/70 trans in a week.

respect

because i was there for that, if your build sucked ass then you bit the bullet and remade. This is why people are really uppity about build structure and want to build stats/skills right the first time.

#53 Ceer

Ceer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 235 posts
  • LocationSouth Kafra, Payon

Posted 15 June 2011 - 08:27 AM

I'd say about 1 free reset per month is pretty fair. The rest should be paid for via exponentially increasing zeny cost.

About once a month or so, the GM's can reset all the values to 0, so we can get our free reset again.

#54 fasthands

fasthands

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 438 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 June 2011 - 09:04 AM

any competent mmo would give classes that are effected by skill updates free skill/stat resets for many obv reasons, stats because they are directly dependent on your skill build obv. even major item changes are skill/stat reset worthy, such as kvm fist and stuff.

#55 s0rrow

s0rrow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:55 AM

i for one would like at least the option of "1 reset per account per vip". is that too much to ask?

#56 Ciler

Ciler

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 120 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:43 AM

any competent mmo would give classes that are effected by skill updates free skill/stat resets for many obv reasons, stats because they are directly dependent on your skill build obv. even major item changes are skill/stat reset worthy, such as kvm fist and stuff.

Name one. I challenge you, name one MMO that has allowed a global characters reset following a balancing or series of balancing patch(es).

#57 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:39 PM

With the never ending nerfs and buffs I think it's only fair that Gravity gives us this option.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users