cant beleive this community - Page 2 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

cant beleive this community

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#26 AllTheWay

AllTheWay

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 June 2011 - 06:35 PM

I agree the players on Leonis are mostly antisocial. It took me 3-4 shouts in Junon to get an answer to a simple question. Unfortunately, the staff can't do much about the players' attitude...

I wouldn't necessarily call players on Leonis antisocial... it's just that the majority are all 'veteran' players. New players see Draconis on the top of the Login list, and assume that it is the more populated server.
Most of the people who have been around this game for a long time have probably helped plenty of random people, and found that it would be under-appreciated.
I remember reading a thread a little while back, and people had posted their comical stories of how when they would try to help people they did not know it resulted in situations like:

It's a combination of ppl that are meaner and having to deal with a scenario like this:

Party the guy who plays for all of 5 minutes during which he dies at least 3-4 times despite repeated warnings from other party members to stay by the fire/stop gathering so many/fight the easier mobs, etc. If anything good drops, they ask for it immediately and then need to go to the "bathroom" which is apparently the great Black Hole of Rose from which no one returns.

You get a little gun shy after repeatedly getting party members like this even if they seem perfectly nice.

Sunflower's last sentence pretty much wraps it up.
Although she is speaking for partying members you don't know, it comes the same for other situations. Sometimes people don't want to stand around and answer a person's question - since it could turn out to be a gigantic list of them. It unfortunately tends to get annoying, and some simply don't have the patience if you're not a close friend of theirs.

#27 Zayin

Zayin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 605 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 14 June 2011 - 06:49 PM

I wouldn't necessarily call players on Leonis antisocial... it's just that the majority are all 'veteran' players. New players see Draconis on the top of the Login list, and assume that it is the more populated server.
Most of the people who have been around this game for a long time have probably helped plenty of random people, and found that it would be under-appreciated.
I remember reading a thread a little while back, and people had posted their comical stories of how when they would try to help people they did not know it resulted in situations like:

Although she is speaking for partying members you don't know, it comes the same for other situations. Sometimes people don't want to stand around and answer a person's question - since it could turn out to be a gigantic list of them. It unfortunately tends to get annoying, and some simply don't have the patience if you're not a close friend of theirs.

Yeah I agree such things happen. Still, one can answer a question or two then leave. Anyway, I don't see what could be done about this -_-.

#28 ChampPower

ChampPower

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 06:51 PM

I agree with your post, AllTheWay. The situation is like this. The person A asks you for a piece to bread. You give the person A a piece of bread. Almost immediately, he asks for some vegetable to go with the bread. OK, once again, you try to be nice and give him some vegetable. Instead of stopping there, the person A DEMAND you a piece of meat to go with the bread and the vegetable. Do you get the picture? The wanting never end. It is the human endless greed. You ask the question. It is a good thing that you get the answer for that question regardless of a little waiting time. BUT NO, YOU WANT THE ANSWER TO BE ANSWER IMMEDIATELY. Are you kidding me? Veteran players spend their time to help you with nothing in return, but you still complain about the speed of their helps!!! It is not like you have to wait days for the answer. Even if you have to wait days for answer, you still have to wait. It is their choices to help you. They have no obligation to help anyone but themselves unless it is their job to help you. If you don't want to wait, find the answer by yourself. It is the truth to every game and every situation in life.

Edited by ChampPower, 14 June 2011 - 06:52 PM.

#29 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines
  • Server:Leo-Tards

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:27 AM

Soda, have you played on a dying server? It's nothing compared to here! There are [b]thousands of shops (yeah right)[b] in cities and several leveling newbies.

So you still consider leonis as a very active server? Im glad someone like you thinks that way :>.

#30 PurpleYouko

PurpleYouko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 622 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 05:05 AM

So you still consider leonis as a very active server? Im glad someone like you thinks that way :>.

Well I've been playing on leonis since beta and i have to say that I'm having a lot more trouble finding a free area to level or farm than I have ever had before. Of course there used to be 3 channels which made things a bunch easier but since the other two were lost I've observed it getting harder and harder to find a good spot.

The number of shops in Junon Polis is also close to as many as I've ever seen.

I wouldn't say that it is a very active server but it's definitely far from dying. The old irose was a lot busier.

#31 maldini

maldini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 05:31 AM

The number of shops in Junon Polis is also close to as many as I've ever seen.

I wouldn't say that it is a very active server but it's definitely far from dying. The old irose was a lot busier.

the old irose had 3 channels which always with "exceeded status" and this leonis with 1 channel with "not busy" status...
u see the comparison?

#32 Kittiz

Kittiz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 674 posts
  • LocationSC, USA
  • Server:Both

Posted 15 June 2011 - 06:45 AM

the old irose had 3 channels which always with "exceeded status" and this leonis with 1 channel with "not busy" status...
u see the comparison?

This is incomparable. I'm absolutely certain they've updated their server capacity since then.

#33 maldini

maldini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 07:37 AM

This is incomparable. I'm absolutely certain they've updated their server capacity since then.

what u meant? just to let u know.... in irose... every map is full of players....

#34 Logi

Logi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1060 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 09:29 AM

u see the comparison?

at server screen click on draconis, now click on leonis, when you just log in it resets it, because I noticed it always showed not busy even when it WAS busy, now I always see Normal

enter conspiracy theories

oh and it being a lot less busy now is not so strange, in the beginning of a game its always alot busier, first with tons of beta testers who quit after the server started, then first timers who after a while dont like it, the buzz wears off on the internet and people move on, doesnt mean we cant get new people to play just takes new content which we really need

I remember from the beta test on Rose how busy it was then, maybe not the same as the real server when it started and all the versions, but it wasnt fun trying to log into one of 3 channels only to find I have to camp the screen 30min trying and trying just to get in, once inside all spawns areas etc are taken so I have to ask for pt, but there is a line people screaming pt already there

#35 ChampPower

ChampPower

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 09:59 AM

you are right, Logi. Leonis server now shows "Normal" status.

#36 Cracker

Cracker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • LocationLess QQ more PewPew

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:00 AM

I agree with your post, AllTheWay. The situation is like this. The person A asks you for a piece to bread. You give the person A a piece of bread. Almost immediately, he asks for some vegetable to go with the bread. OK, once again, you try to be nice and give him some vegetable. Instead of stopping there, the person A DEMAND you a piece of meat to go with the bread and the vegetable. Do you get the picture? The wanting never end. It is the human endless greed. You ask the question. It is a good thing that you get the answer for that question regardless of a little waiting time. BUT NO, YOU WANT THE ANSWER TO BE ANSWER IMMEDIATELY. Are you kidding me? Veteran players spend their time to help you with nothing in return, but you still complain about the speed of their helps!!! It is not like you have to wait days for the answer. Even if you have to wait days for answer, you still have to wait. It is their choices to help you. They have no obligation to help anyone but themselves unless it is their job to help you. If you don't want to wait, find the answer by yourself. It is the truth to every game and every situation in life.

Totally agree spot on which is why many veteran players seem grumpy and hateful all the time to nubcakes. I just want to point out that other games have a points/reward system for helping newbs out but in Rose, you only do it because you are bored and have nothting to do and usually end up loaning out stuff you never get back without so much as a "thank you."

#37 PurpleYouko

PurpleYouko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 622 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:12 AM

I'm more than fairly certain of this.
The current rose server can handle a whole bunch more logins than the old irose could.
Where irose was "exceeded" NARose would be on the verge of changing from "not Busy" to "busy" -_-

#38 Zayin

Zayin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 605 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 June 2011 - 02:54 PM

I used as an example a time where it took me 3-4 shouts to get my answer. However, I didn't add there were also a few times when I never got an answer. I'm fairly surprised not to be answered on a crowded map like Junon. There are so many players out there!

#39 HellGuardian

HellGuardian

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1270 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 09:07 PM

I used as an example a time where it took me 3-4 shouts to get my answer. However, I didn't add there were also a few times when I never got an answer. I'm fairly surprised not to be answered on a crowded map like Junon. There are so many players out there!

Ok enough with your complain about players not being helpful enough. Not everyone sit there and pay full attention to question being asked. Not including with the spam chat on "trade" channel, on top of that you are not the only one talking or asking question. When other player see it or get to it, I can guarantee your question will be answered. There is a lot of people running multiple client and doing different thing at the same time. You need to learn to be patience. Beside, what question it's so urgent that you need answer right the way? If asking about items, go to the compendium. If talking about classes, go search the class section. If talking about game mechanics, go read all the npc dialogue in adventure plain. Every information is out there, whether you choose to search for it or not, it's up to you.

Sorry for being straight forward, don't mean to offend you but the two pages of your post is absolutely not correct. There is tons of nice people on Leonis, whether you get to meet them or not, it has lot to do with your attitude.

#40 kwayan19

kwayan19

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1031 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:09 AM

yup... i started this game a year ago with no one to help me~~~ and learned things by myself and thru forums~~~

#41 maldini

maldini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:29 AM

I'm more than fairly certain of this.
The current rose server can handle a whole bunch more logins than the old irose could.
Where irose was "exceeded" NARose would be on the verge of changing from "not Busy" to "busy" :waddle:

i am not sure about this.... but few mths back when NARose show normal.... i still see a lot of empty maps compared to irose time.
irose with the exceeded status is full of shops in 3 maps city..... and full of peoples running ard in the maps....

#42 Xenania

Xenania

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:45 AM

i am not sure about this.... but few mths back when NARose show normal.... i still see a lot of empty maps compared to irose time.
irose with the exceeded status is full of shops in 3 maps city..... and full of peoples running ard in the maps....

Could you count how many famous MMORPG in irose time ?
And how many famous MMORPG at this moment ?

#43 maldini

maldini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 05:36 AM

Could you count how many famous MMORPG in irose time ?
And how many famous MMORPG at this moment ?

i don't think we are debating over the matter....

#44 turnermanxi

turnermanxi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:00 AM

My thing is the vendors are nearly working together for their prices. Has anyone notice the group of vendors near storage that sell everything overpriced and they are all the same price?!?! Exactly. They can actually drop their prices. As others have said FARM FFS!!!! It seriously is not that hard. Boohoo if someone is at your favorite spot. Go somewhere else for a change then. I can get over 300 chems farming for 2 hours with a FULL clan party. Not trying to advertise my clan but everything someone wants to farm/lvl we always have clan parties and that is how we get 80% of our money. You guys aren't even trying but all your doing is complaining. Please stop complaining and work, work, work. The prices for gems are yes very ridiculous but if more people farmed maybe they wouldn't......

#45 Zayin

Zayin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 605 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:34 PM

Ok enough with your complain about players not being helpful enough. Not everyone sit there and pay full attention to question being asked. Not including with the spam chat on "trade" channel, on top of that you are not the only one talking or asking question. When other player see it or get to it, I can guarantee your question will be answered. There is a lot of people running multiple client and doing different thing at the same time. You need to learn to be patience. Beside, what question it's so urgent that you need answer right the way? If asking about items, go to the compendium. If talking about classes, go search the class section. If talking about game mechanics, go read all the npc dialogue in adventure plain. Every information is out there, whether you choose to search for it or not, it's up to you.

Sorry for being straight forward, don't mean to offend you but the two pages of your post is absolutely not correct. There is tons of nice people on Leonis, whether you get to meet them or not, it has lot to do with your attitude.

What I'm saying is perfectly correct because I'm only describing what happened to me. I also stated two times I could have been unlucky with my questions. Fantastic if that's the case. Anyway, you are completely missing the point. Let me repeat: I'm not complaining, just stating facts and comparing with another server. You need to learn how to read better.

Edited by Zayin, 16 June 2011 - 02:35 PM.

#46 AllTheWay

AllTheWay

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:03 PM

There are alot of things to take into consideration. HellGuardian is correct;
You say that Junon is a crowded map, which is true but ...
How many of those people are afk / have ROSE minimized / are looking at another screen?
How many are even reading chat?
How many have their chat window set at ALL, instead of CLAN/PARTY/ etc. ?
How many are not busy spamming chat themselves?
How many really even know the answer to your question?

The chat also goes by really fast, especially if you don't have those pesky ZS on ignore, so
Who was even able to read your question?

And the list goes on ...
:waddle:

#47 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:49 PM

What I'm saying is perfectly correct because I'm only describing what happened to me. I also stated two times I could have been unlucky with my questions. Fantastic if that's the case. Anyway, you are completely missing the point. Let me repeat: I'm not complaining, just stating facts and comparing with another server. You need to learn how to read better.

A while back I created a character on the Leonis server just to see how it was. The AP map had a considerable amount more people in it than Draconis usually does. When I was running to Zant I noticed a low level running after someone in CG asking if he would help him find his way to somewhere (i forgot where). The guy in the CG didn't respond the entire time he was walking and eventually walked into luxem tower. I ended up helping the poor kid find his way (imagine his shock when a newb comes by with all the information he desired). I added him to my friends list and told him if he ever needs any help to just pm me and ask. During my weeklong stay on the leonis server I found one high level person (a cleric who stopped and buffed me as I was leveling in luxem) who was kind or even acknowledged that I existed. Needless to say, I decided that Leonis was cold and unwelcoming and I happily moved back to the Draconis server where I could make up for the unfriendliness towards the newbs that I witnessed there and spent my entire day in low level areas buffing and helping newbs.

Granted, I am my own person. I chose a cleric so I could level up and help others even after I was long past their party range. It isn't uncommon of me to add newbs to my friends list so they can ranomly bombard me with questions or request that I help them level. If I don't know an answer to a question when someone is shouting it in junon I'll give them all the information I can and usually suggest they check out the compendium. and as most newbs do not use the forum and don't know what the compendium is *looks at hellguardian* I supply them with the link as well.

My suggestion to your problem with not being answered is switch servers. I grew up in an "old" community. I know how unwelcome you are if you weren't "old blood". Being as Draconis is still young and small we are more accepting and understanding towards those pesky little newbs because we actually remember when that was us.

#48 johniscu

johniscu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts
  • Server:leonis

Posted 16 June 2011 - 05:54 PM

Its cool helping people my first char was a cleric in narose im a old irose player so I have been playing for give or take 5 and a half years. After 4 years of buffing noobs with my max lvl cleric to be honest theres no appreciation its almost as if we have to buff noobs. Sometimes we like some appreciation like a please or thank you but that has gone from the low lvl players being used to just getting buffs and going through levels quick.

#49 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:26 PM

I normally don't buff people unless they say please or thank you.

And honestly why is the community fighting over if the community is nice or not? People are people some are helpful and some aren't, some don't like new things some do it's the way of life.

#50 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts
  • LocationInside of every dimension like a virus.
  • Server:SpaceFabric

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:13 PM

I normally don't buff people unless they say please or thank you.

And honestly why is the community fighting over if the community is nice or not? People are people some are helpful and some aren't, some don't like new things some do it's the way of life.

+1

Think this community is bad? Go try out some others - You likely might find a nicer community, but chances are you'll find communitys that make this one look like angels -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users