• This topic is locked This topic is locked
127 replies to this topic

#76 kokowu

kokowu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 03:52 AM

I'll admit that I didn't think that the stats thought up for the crown had much thought(I was just designing the look), or that thought the Gms would stick with it. May have instead suggested now increase the regen of your sp and hp, and doubles it when resting(sitting), that maybe makes a bit more sense. I dunno.

What would other ppl suggest they rather see on the crown?

While I think the hat isn't as strong as I would have liked it to be for a once a year event hat, especially compared to Crown of Destruction (I heard that was last year's...I wasn't around so I don't know for sure), I still somewhat enjoy it. I like how it looks, I'm so sick of that hideous Rideword Hat sitting on my head. If this hat had been a Rideword clone or a Rideword-lite, I would have been ecstatic just for being able to have a nice sprite, with a nice effect sitting on my head finally.

I was surprised by the higher than expected proc rates. In fact, it can proc in such streaks that the Lv 3AGI Up effect on it became the biggest detriment. The after-delays on Heal/Blessing are negligible. I would have been fine with the AGI Up being removed.

I don't really have any ideas. I just wanted to say that the AGI Up delay was the only reason I took it off of some of my characters.

#77 Channa

Channa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • LocationOn, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 15 June 2011 - 03:56 AM

While I think the hat isn't as strong as I would have liked it to be for a once a year event hat, especially compared to Crown of Destruction (I heard that was last year's...I wasn't around so I don't know for sure), I still somewhat enjoy it. I like how it looks, I'm so sick of that hideous Rideword Hat sitting on my head. If this hat had been a Rideword clone or a Rideword-lite, I would have been ecstatic just for being able to have a nice sprite, with a nice effect sitting on my head finally.

I was surprised by the higher than expected proc rates. In fact, it can proc in such streaks that the Lv 3AGI Up effect on it became the biggest detriment. The after-delays on Heal/Blessing are negligible. I would have been fine with the AGI Up being removed.

I don't really have any ideas. I just wanted to say that the AGI Up delay was the only reason I took it off of some of my characters.

Yeah i did notice that when i tested it on my ab, it was actually kind of annoying. If i could, i would change what the crown does, not very many people seem to like it. though I'm still happy my design got in game.

how about if it was something like: Increase your natual sp and hp gain, even when moving. Doubles when resting. Chance of gaining half (or maybe full) of your total sp back when dealing damage. And gaining half (or maybe full) of your hp back when getting hit.

Makes it kind of like the rideword hat. and kinda seems to suite the theme of the Yggdrasil anyway.

Edited by Channa, 15 June 2011 - 04:10 AM.

#78 kokowu

kokowu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 04:38 AM

I would be thrilled if they made it like that, but I think Gravity's already made up their minds on what to do with it. We'll see next maintenance I guess. Maybe the +7 effect will be boosted to a point where the hat would be practical for more classes and situations. -_-

All I know right now is that if IRO ever got an "outfit" type feature, Yggdrassil would be one of the first hats I'd look at for my hair.

#79 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 15 June 2011 - 05:07 AM

What you're telling me is, you want bigger guilds to get further ahead, and smaller guilds to get smaller and further behind? Sure, they could pay 500mil to have a big guild MAKE them a god item, but that's ridiculous.

the going price is 2 God Item sets for 1 Made God Item, so more like 10-30bil -_-

#80 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 15 June 2011 - 05:21 AM

2. The Yggdrasil crown earned via the Anniversary event is going to have its upgrade effect changed somewhat to be a bonus on how much you are healed for instead of casting spells. This should make it more interesting and thematic.

Ok i have two questiions..

Why on the earth are you'll trying to destroy the Aco's classes usefulness.
Couldnt youll not make the Ygg corwn suit the players character instead of making it a healing item to be free for all

I think you are very confused. The new effect increases the usefulness of partying an acolyte.

#81 neha

neha

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 05:56 AM

I didnt get you..the new Effect has not been implemented i guess..
Though there is no clarification on what the hat is going to do after the events maintenance.
Could you elaborate on the fact.

I think you are very confused. The new effect increases the usefulness of partying an acolyte.

#82 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 06:24 AM

I didnt get you..the new Effect has not been implemented i guess..
Though there is no clarification on what the hat is going to do after the events maintenance.
Could you elaborate on the fact.

changing the crown from chance to autocast L3 heal (doesnt help aco's at all) to increasing the power of heals cast. We dont know the % increase it'll grant yet, but anything is better than the current effect. I would imagine it'll be similar to dress hat or some such in the 5-10% range depending on upgrades.

Edited by Hrothmund, 15 June 2011 - 06:24 AM.

#83 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 15 June 2011 - 07:09 AM

Vital Tree shoes give you +5% received from heals, which is awesome on a tank. The hat would be bad-ass with a higher % like 20%.

Also increases amount received from potions, so good as a woe headgear.

Edited by Jaye, 15 June 2011 - 07:10 AM.

#84 Kimmy

Kimmy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • LocationIn the kitchen.

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:09 AM

the going price is 2 God Item sets for 1 Made God Item, so more like 10-30bil -_-

Naw, there was a guild charging 500mil to make WoE 2 items for people last I heard. If that's changed, that's even worse. Lol

#85 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:19 AM

Naw, there was a guild charging 500mil to make WoE 2 items for people last I heard. If that's changed, that's even worse. Lol

you were talking about seal rolls so i assumed you were talking about woe 1 items as well :D
woe 2 is way easier to make and they are not as good, it's cheaper and there's also less drama involved. -_-

#86 Kimmy

Kimmy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • LocationIn the kitchen.

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:32 AM

you were talking about seal rolls so i assumed you were talking about woe 1 items as well :D
woe 2 is way easier to make and they are not as good, it's cheaper and there's also less drama involved. -_-

Yeah, but small guilds can't really hold a castle against animosity. Most of them lack proper classes and such.

The point I was making was that people shouldn't have to pay money to get their god items made if they were able to get the pieces. Basically, I just think it's pretty ridiculous to expect someone to have to give someone a god item so they can get one made. ya dig?

Also, I was talking about WoE 1 items... I just woke up. SOOO /dumb.

#87 Yanzan

Yanzan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey.
  • Server:Valk

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:22 PM

You guys should keep the Medal converter in, because it give people more of a reason to play BG.

Also next time there a lucky box event you should allow the Class S item be able to get turn in by the boxer. to get a +7 item of your choice.

#88 Sanue

Sanue

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:52 PM

I just hope this item won't be conditional as the new effect states, I want something multi-purposed. It's well designed and an Anniversary item, that's why it shouldn't be sold. I can't state that enough, it also shouldn't be account bound. I was thinking maybe it could give you like someone else suggested, resurrection. Like an ability with a cool-down but if you died it would rez you no exp lost (Like a token of Siegfried with a cool-down of every six hours or something?). But, that it also too conditional I mean not alot of people die, that often. Maybe whenever a monster dies it has a chance of giving you a special buff scroll. Or maybe it should make monsters weaker as a group effect (Small chance). Or it can give you temporary invincibility buff, but then that seems broken. I am also trying to get it to fit it's theme which is hard. Maybe it could summon temporary (like Homoculi) trent which is like a tank he doesn't attack he just takes damage (has a sort of provoke). On his death he makes a sort of de-buff on the creatures attacking him, but thats seems over-powered... What do you guys think?

Edited by Sanue, 15 June 2011 - 03:25 PM.

#89 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 03:37 PM

Currently the effect we were able to cleanly implement for the Yggdrasil hat is to "increase your healing power" so casting the heal spell gets more "uber" as this headgear is used.

For the turnins, it will be The High Orcs and Rachel Sanctuary for this week.
We will setup a new turnin area for June 28th.

There was a mention earlier in the thread about the durations of the events, and needing more than 1 week to organize and do the quest.
My reply to this is we are moving maint to Tuesday, so players will have more days to get organized before the weekend, and do the event. Also we are trying to get players more involved in logging in and participating weekly rather than bi-weekly, so shorter term events help with getting players focused on the specific events rather than waiting.

#90 UnspunReality

UnspunReality

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 03:45 PM

Question. What exactly are turnin events? o.O And what do you mean by The High Orcs and Rachel Sanctuary? o.o I dont wanna miss any events but Im confused cause.. yeah. Wasnt around for turnin events before.=/

And by this week. Do you mean events will be added after tomorrow's maint?

Edited by UnspunReality, 15 June 2011 - 03:46 PM.

#91 olbaid

olbaid

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 04:04 PM

The main complaint about the last Rachel Sanctuary turn-in event was that Isilla and Vanberks were grouped together. I hope that in this event, there are separate turn-ins for them on each floor.

#92 Tsurugi

Tsurugi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • LocationHampton,VA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 June 2011 - 04:07 PM

Question. What exactly are turnin events? o.O And what do you mean by The High Orcs and Rachel Sanctuary? o.o I dont wanna miss any events but Im confused cause.. yeah. Wasnt around for turnin events before.=/

And by this week. Do you mean events will be added after tomorrow's maint?

Turn in Events are (before renewal they were like permanent sorta) quests from NPCs at different locations (where the event is being held) that require you to kill a certain amount of monsters. The kill count ranges from 50 - 200. As far as I'm concerned the amount of exp gained from the monsters that you hunt are multiplied by the kill count you select. (Monster Exp * 200) I could be wrong I dunno. I can say that depending on how fast you kill (better to be in a party than soloing depending on what class you are) you'll be getting exp at an alarming rate rather than just killing one monster at a time.

#93 Sanue

Sanue

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 04:11 PM

Well then that sucks for the builds I wanted to have used it for. I guess I will just find another headgear probably a crown of deceit, oh well. The only redeeming thing about it's effect is I could get a heal clip for it so it isn't so restrictive.

Edited by Sanue, 15 June 2011 - 04:12 PM.

#94 Nova

Nova

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 04:24 PM

What are the level restrictions to the turnins? I would wait and see but my concern is if the EXP is taken away from the monsters like recent turnins (as well that rachel sanctuary was one that the EXP for the monsters was dropped to 0), and people lose a place to lvl if the turnin cap is lower than the level of the person lvling there.

EX/ I level at rachel sanctuary even though I'm at a higher lvl than need be. It's cheaper and at least at bare minimum, decent exp compared to more expensive/EXP ratio from another place.

#95 Channa

Channa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • LocationOn, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 15 June 2011 - 05:01 PM

Currently the effect we were able to cleanly implement for the Yggdrasil hat is to "increase your healing power" so casting the heal spell gets more "uber" as this headgear is used.

There was a mention earlier in the thread about the durations of the events, and needing more than 1 week to organize and do the quest.
My reply to this is we are moving maint to Tuesday, so players will have more days to get organized before the weekend, and do the event. Also we are trying to get players more involved in logging in and participating weekly rather than bi-weekly, so shorter term events help with getting players focused on the specific events rather than waiting.

Glad to see the change to the crown. I just broke 3 out 4 of the crown I had. /sob Don't wanna loose the last one yet until i can get more. I suck at upgrading.

#96 Wiggles

Wiggles

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 844 posts
  • Server:Ymir (Retired)

Posted 15 June 2011 - 05:57 PM

8. The suite of skill balances and such that have been discussed regarding kROs patches were delayed from April implementation, but July is the month we and kRO are shooting for implementation. If the WHOLE batch can't be completed by end of July we will split it into updates from Pre-April and Post April. Either way the balancing act will begin in earnest (finally) in a few weeks.

#97 Chewbacca2

Chewbacca2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 06:08 PM

Can you balance isillas and vanberks on both maps? So that we don't have to keep switching maps and it wont get over crowded.
Or disabling the isillas spawn on first floor, and vanberks on the second floor, and having options for choice of monsters?

Edited by Chewbacca2, 15 June 2011 - 06:11 PM.

#98 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 June 2011 - 06:10 PM

PLEASE DISABLE BLOODY BRANCH AND DEAD BRANCH FROM THE EVENT PLACES!!!

#99 Sanue

Sanue

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 06:16 PM

But, before this is all but a close I don't think anyone will care at all about the items you get from Anniversary events. If you can just buy them from the store, (if this does happen in the future) I for one won't care about the item I get. I would only do it to get the exp, when orginally I did it for the Crown. For I saw that as the reward not other way around, now I am leaning on the exp.

#100 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 15 June 2011 - 06:46 PM

NOOOOOOOOO I CAN'T PLAY FROM LA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users