127 replies to this topic

#51 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 14 June 2011 - 12:46 PM

The sharing [therefore EXP penalty for level range] should be based on Party leader's level, not each member having their own specific range.

And I'm not sure if 20% is a good bonus or not, unless we talk about camping parties.

I mean. I made a camping party on Ayothaya's monkey zone... [when they were up] The exp flow was great, even being shared for 4-5 people. [Okay, I was the only spending zeny on that map... Oh how I hate the 20 arrows catalyst on Rainstorm]

If the 20% [Maybe 25% instead, so it would be +100% already in a 4-5 people party~] / member bonus and the 25% tap/attacker was reimplemented... That would be great.

And this is not "oh you want to play easy modo", but "I don't want to play solo just to don't be penalized by anything"

Edited by asayuu, 14 June 2011 - 12:47 PM.

#52 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 14 June 2011 - 12:51 PM

So what you're saying is that if you party you're still going to be penalized...awful

Might as well say what we all think. RO post renewal is a single player rpg with a lobby system (cities)

Thanks for nothing Heim...

This is not the party improvement that was promised yet.

Hence,
"Further party system enhancements will follow in future quarters."

The 20% instead of 10% is just something that kro has had for a month already.

#53 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:19 PM

So what you're saying is that if you party you're still going to be penalized...awful

Might as well say what we all think. RO post renewal is a single player rpg with a lobby system (cities)

Thanks for nothing Heim...

it was a single player game pre-renewal outside of biolabs aswell

#54 Sanue

Sanue

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:20 PM

Sorry, but I for one hate that (Upcoming) new change to Yggdrasil Crown. How does that make it better that makes it conditional, if everyone thought it was under-powered then just makes the percentage better (Abilities). Or a possibility of a slot, also the quest is not hard at all I had three different characters all do it, and complete it rather fast. One was a Ninja, Gunslinger, Assassin Cross and one more thing how is this a special Anniversary item if you can just buy it from the Kafra shop. I mean how is this really celebrating it, I am just a little sad hearing this because of the effort I put into trying to get like three of 'em. When they will be as common now as robo eyes(Liked the exclusivness).

Edited by Sanue, 14 June 2011 - 01:22 PM.

#55 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:44 PM

YAY! KVM exchanger! Thank you GMs!

Also, how about making Dragon Breath change your element to fire when used? That would spice things up a bit!

Edited by Ultimate, 14 June 2011 - 01:51 PM.

#56 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:53 PM

13 Future tournaments. We had fun doing the broadcasting for USRC, and a side effect is it made our filming it less an issue. This means we can run such a tournament on a smaller man team setup, which then means more such tournaments are more easy for us to accomplish. I for one would like to do a for fun tournament with USRC setup but using 3rd classes and renewal physics. I know it will be broken, but HOW BROKEN is the question. I hope some people reading this thread read down this far and can make comment on whether they would like to participate in such a tournament (perhaps 16 teams cap).

Awesome! I think anything goes is fine as long as you get the 3rd class balance changes in as there are counters to things like DSL and HoM. The real scary skill will probably be CC until people unlearn the stay as close as possible mentality of ME battles that currently happen in Pre-Renewal USRC (ME being pretty much useless in Renewal PvP). It's funny though, the thought of a Renewal mechanics tourney is so rediculous in terms of how broken it could be, I'd be surprised if kRO didn't realize this at all as they developed Renewal. Maybe a video or 2 from us here at iRO will open their eyes.

If you guys do this frequently, you should try to start grooming a team that can actually be competitive at RWC (have we ever placed in the top 3 there?). Even if it's still Afrikan's team that wins here, helping the rest of the field improve can only help them at RWC.

#57 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts
  • Server:ymir/valk

Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:43 PM

cross server pvp plz ymir pvp is too dead

#58 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 14 June 2011 - 03:21 PM

Sorry, but I for one hate that (Upcoming) new change to Yggdrasil Crown. How does that make it better that makes it conditional, if everyone thought it was under-powered then just makes the percentage better (Abilities). Or a possibility of a slot, also the quest is not hard at all I had three different characters all do it, and complete it rather fast. One was a Ninja, Gunslinger, Assassin Cross and one more thing how is this a special Anniversary item if you can just buy it from the Kafra shop. I mean how is this really celebrating it, I am just a little sad hearing this because of the effort I put into trying to get like three of 'em. When they will be as common now as robo eyes(Liked the exclusivness).

Ok so. You'd rather it cast buffs that diminish your need for a priest, reinforcing soloing [Also this ability is a dime a dozen as several headgears already autocast lvl 1-3 bless/agi],
than the new effect which makes parties even better [with a rare effect only this particular hat can do];
it was easy to make 9+ of these hat as this quest takes 30 mins, only caveat was having a hard time making a +7 if unlucky [resolved by vending the hat].

I disagree with you strongly on every point you made, unfortunately.

#59 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 14 June 2011 - 03:33 PM

Ok so. You'd rather it cast buffs that diminish your need for a priest, reinforcing soloing [Also this ability is a dime a dozen as several headgears already autocast lvl 1-3 bless/agi],
than the new effect which makes parties even better [with a rare effect only this particular hat can do];
it was easy to make 9+ of these hat as this quest takes 30 mins, only caveat was having a hard time making a +7 if unlucky [resolved by vending the hat].

I disagree with you strongly on every point you made, unfortunately.

@#2 Yay, my suggestion made it in game. -_-

Do I detect a bit of bias there? :D

Not that I'm trying to argue though. To be honest, when I first saw the effects of the hat last week, I was like: "nope, not gonna even try to get that". But now I actually might.

#60 Nova

Nova

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 03:57 PM

Any idea on what lvl ranges there will be for the TI events? Or what monsters they are?

#61 Sanue

Sanue

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 04:13 PM

Then why was the hat ever given those abilities in the first place? I for one liked the exotic benefit it had. It still makes it conditional I just don't like that, I would only wear it if I thought I could always be in a party 24/7. Which I am not gonna form parties just because my hat demands it. All I have to say it's going into my storage. To where I can get another hat where I can do both if I wanted to. People do solo alot and why does it matter if he is having trouble with upgrading it. I mean how about we get some snake heads in the Kafra shop because people are having trouble upgrading it to +7. Also with priests they get along fine without someones headgear giving them more health, it never really stopped them. I am not trying to be a jerk, I just don't want this Anniversary item to be sold and such. I also admit its abilities could be refined some more but I am sorry but I don't want to be healed better. Maybe they should give it whenever you kill a monster you have a chance to get a Yggdrasil Seed. It fits the theme new life after sacrifice and stuff and maybe improved healing too (being healed). I just don't want improved healing when that doesn't make it all that good but another ability on top of that makes it better.

Edited by Sanue, 14 June 2011 - 05:42 PM.

#62 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:57 PM

Why are there so many changes coming to the world of RO? It's so hard to keep up XD

6. Party EXP will be enhanced to 20% bonus soon. This means that instead of a 12 person party getting 200% exp/12 people it will be 300%/12 so the exp split at worst is a 4 person party worth, instead of a 6 person split. This should make partying less of a penalty and more of a happy fun time. Further party system enhancements will follow in future quarters.

On kRO and jRO, the +20% exp starts stats at 2 member party. So a pery to 2 will get 60% each and a party of 12 with get 320%/12.

8. The suite of skill balances and such that have been discussed regarding kROs patches were delayed from April implementation, but July is the month we and kRO are shooting for implementation. If the WHOLE batch can't be completed by end of July we will split it into updates from Pre-April and Post April. Either way the balancing act will begin in earnest (finally) in a few weeks.

Are we getting all of their balancings pre-April? including the Hunter trap nerf? What about the Hundered Spear Bug that was fixed after April? Will we get the bugged version that can do 69k damage using an Eden Spear? I just made a Ranger on kRO to test the changes will posting my feed back here be a good way to inform the kRO Devs?

13 Future tournaments. We had fun doing the broadcasting for USRC, and a side effect is it made our filming it less an issue. This means we can run such a tournament on a smaller man team setup, which then means more such tournaments are more easy for us to accomplish. I for one would like to do a for fun tournament with USRC setup but using 3rd classes and renewal physics. I know it will be broken, but HOW BROKEN is the question. I hope some people reading this thread read down this far and can make comment on whether they would like to participate in such a tournament (perhaps 16 teams cap).

This will be a very nice way to find WoE balancing. Though will we be using the custom -50% skill WoE penalty or the normal -40%? I hope we will get to use some 13.3 and 14.1 gears since most balancing (especially for Ranger and WL) are dependant on them. The new balancing of april will be nice too.

Edited by Clogon, 14 June 2011 - 07:59 PM.

#63 kira26

kira26

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 08:11 PM

10. The proposal for redoing the Job Exp track for 3rd classes is going well, basically you should hit job 50 at lvl 145, instead of job 47 at level 150.
I know this seems like a simple thing to change (it is technically but not authoritatively) My goal is to not just make a change for iRO, but to discuss the reasoning and the goal so that it becomes a renewal default. If it doesn't we may have future delays or reversions with updates, which is bad.

So, for this one, are you going to increase the base exp requirement or decrease the job exp requirement to achieve this?

#64 Freedom

Freedom

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1630 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 08:20 PM

Any word on guild treasure update. It really needs a good work over.

#65 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 14 June 2011 - 08:30 PM

kRO just implemented a new investment system today. What that is is anyone's guess atm.

#66 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:06 PM

Then why was the hat ever given those abilities in the first place? I for one liked the exotic benefit it had. It still makes it conditional I just don't like that, I would only wear it if I thought I could always be in a party 24/7. Which I am not gonna form parties just because my hat demands it. All I have to say it's going into my storage. To where I can get another hat where I can do both if I wanted to. People do solo alot and why does it matter if he is having trouble with upgrading it. I mean how about we get some snake heads in the Kafra shop because people are having trouble upgrading it to +7. Also with priests they get along fine without someones headgear giving them more health, it never really stopped them. I am not trying to be a jerk, I just don't want this Anniversary item to be sold and such. I also admit its abilities could be refined some more but I am sorry but I don't want to be healed better. Maybe they should give it whenever you kill a monster you have a chance to get a Yggdrasil Seed. It fits the theme new life after sacrifice and stuff and maybe improved healing too (being healed). I just don't want improved healing when that doesn't make it all that good but another ability on top of that makes it better.

"Being Healed"... By dropping items~? Here we go ale madness again~ Unless this is just during the event...

I think it should work like the Rune Hairband, but giving some great refill like 20% HP and SP after taking damage, only at +7~

Anyways, I would prefer it teaching Resurrection or dropping yggdrasil leaves~

#67 neha

neha

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:06 PM

2. The Yggdrasil crown earned via the Anniversary event is going to have its upgrade effect changed somewhat to be a bonus on how much you are healed for instead of casting spells. This should make it more interesting and thematic.

Ok i have two questiions..

Why on the earth are you'll trying to destroy the Aco's classes usefulness.
Couldnt youll not make the Ygg corwn suit the players character instead of making it a healing item to be free for all

#68 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:09 PM

Why on the earth are you'll trying to destroy the Aco's classes usefulness.

You meant Priests, right~? But yeah, I understood.

---

The effect could be something like: Raise the power of healing items and skills on you in 25%, I don't know. So a priest could heal 25% more just because you are with the hat~

#69 Gantrithor

Gantrithor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1083 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:29 AM

100x Spawn of the monster 'Poring'. Poring Turn In Event. Level Range 1-150.

Turn Ins -> Base -> Job
1,000: 30,000/25,000
2,500: 75,000/62,500
5,000: 200,000/175,000
10,000: 500,000/450,000
25,000: 1,500,000/1,250,000
50,000: 4,000,000/3,500,000
1,000,000: 999,999,999,999/999,999,999,999 (Auto Level up on all Levels).

Day before event ends, Poring the Conquer on 2 hour spawn in Prontera.

Edited by Gantrithor, 15 June 2011 - 12:30 AM.

#70 FatalityX

FatalityX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:08 AM

Very exciting stuffs. Must say I cannot wait for these updates/events. Good job GM/Dev team =]. If I lived closer, Id send you guys a pizza.

#71 Kimmy

Kimmy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • LocationIn the kitchen.

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:18 AM

part B: The revamping of the seal process. This is still a proposal that is being hashed out, it is quite a big change to redo the way god items are made. And while I know it will make the actual creation more competitive it does have a side effect of making a "little guy can almost never win". That is a good and bad scenario as it does make pushing the seals a bigger deal that currently, but no chance of "sneak in and take". This proposal at best would be an end of summer implementation as it is a system level change.

Wait, I seriously don't agree with that. Have you seen how god item making goes? It's hard enough for small guilds to roll the seals because the guilds with 75 people control when they roll. They do the quests and log before they finish them, so they can spam it when no one is around. On top of that, if they do roll, there's no way a single guild leader (with no other guildies on) is going to be able to beat out a guild like Animosity (currently controlling the seal rolls) for a god item.

What you're telling me is, you want bigger guilds to get further ahead, and smaller guilds to get smaller and further behind? Sure, they could pay 500mil to have a big guild MAKE them a god item, but that's ridiculous. There shouldn't be a need for something like that (Azure Breeze). Honestly, I think you should find a way to make the god item creation doable for everyone, not just the three big guilds on Ymir.

Wasn't renewal about balancing the game?

#72 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 15 June 2011 - 02:33 AM

100x Spawn of the monster 'Poring'. Poring Turn In Event. Level Range 1-150.

Turn Ins -> Base -> Job
1,000: 30,000/25,000
2,500: 75,000/62,500
5,000: 200,000/175,000
10,000: 500,000/450,000
25,000: 1,500,000/1,250,000
50,000: 4,000,000/3,500,000
1,000,000: 999,999,999,999/999,999,999,999 (Auto Level up on all Levels).

Day before event ends, Poring the Conquer on 2 hour spawn in Prontera.

Hahaha
if spawn x100 would result in the map being so crowded with porings that youd have like 50 on your screen that would be hella fun xDDDD
"The Dark Lords magic mutated a Porings DNA, so it reproduces so fast it will drown the world in porings in short time if nothing is done! The King has ordered everyone to help killing every single of these mutated Porings before it's too late!"

#73 Tassie

Tassie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts
  • LocationKiel Khayr's Academy
  • Server:Chaos (Renewal)

Posted 15 June 2011 - 03:07 AM

Looks good so far, just two questions:

1). For those of us who already made a +7 Ygg Crown, will we get to keep them and how different is the new effect?

2). For players who already completed the Anniversary Quest, will they be able to return to Old Payon/Morroc after the event? I looked for an answer to this everywhere and couldn't find a solid one anywhere. The general belief is that yes, people will be able to go back with the key and dream scrolls post-event but I've heard no official word on it.

#74 Channa

Channa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • LocationOn, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 15 June 2011 - 03:26 AM

I'll admit that I didn't think that the stats thought up for the crown had much thought(I was just designing the look), or that thought the Gms would stick with it. May have instead suggested now increase the regen of your sp and hp, and doubles it when resting(sitting), that maybe makes a bit more sense. I dunno.

What would other ppl suggest they rather see on the crown?

#75 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Server:Iris

Posted 15 June 2011 - 03:41 AM

I'll admit that I didn't think that the stats thought up for the crown had much thought(I was just designing the look), or that thought the Gms would stick with it. May have instead suggested now increase the regen of your sp and hp, and doubles it when resting(sitting), that maybe makes a bit more sense. I dunno.

What would other ppl suggest they rather see on the crown?

i dont mind the usefullness of it (havent tested yet on my rg since been working all week) but if its a decent proc rate on agi/bless and somewhat heal, then leave the auto proc. JUST increasing the heal at higher levels seems fine if it keeps the other effect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users