Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:48 AM

Which browser do you use?

Do you get an error like this one?

Posted Image

If that is the case, then i had the same issue yesterday, but the support had some issue, and later i was able to sumbit it.

Otherwise, maybe some internet option is blocking it. Go to the internet properties and see if the Privacy options arnt higher than Middle-High.

Also, searching in google, the exact error message you are getting, may help you to find how to fix it.

Edited by Nadesh, 08 July 2011 - 07:51 AM.

#27 midnightduske

midnightduske

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 11:08 AM

alright ganna try it again now.

#28 midnightduske

midnightduske

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 12:18 PM

Submitting a Ticket was no help at all.

They told me the same thing here Plus told me to do things I already told them I did. I tried everything they said and in my message I told them everything I tried, Yet they replied with pretty much everything I told them I already did.

I don't think you can get anymore useless then that.

#29 Valandir

Valandir

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 02:16 PM

check my signature (press the "show button") to find it.

parts 2 and 3 have broken files. it will not extract.

however i would like to play again. but 2 broken client downloads. are making that impossible

Edited by Valandir, 29 July 2011 - 02:17 PM.

#30 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 04:21 PM

Broken how? cant download or download and dont work? Here you can find some alternative download links: http://forums.warppo...203#entry475203

#31 Valandir

Valandir

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:35 PM

Broken how? cant download or download and dont work? Here you can find some alternative download links: http://forums.warppo...203#entry475203

Like i downloaded all the parts, successfully and when i tried to extract. it says CRC fail on media9.cab and the exe, i redownloaded 4 times. 2 times using winzip 2 times using 7zip and same CRC error.

i also downloaded the official download 3 times, installed, restarted. updated. etc. the damn game still will not launch, it continues to crash every single time. the exe initiates. and crashes almost immediately.

i have tried every method posted on this board, and no go.

there is something causing the crash. either within the requiem.exe or in one of the files. but there is no log saying why. i used to play a year ago. what the hell happened to cause all this.

im currently on my 27th install. i am really not inclined to redownload. and reinstall again. how the hell can something be fixed if the symptom isnt logged.

Edited by Valandir, 29 July 2011 - 05:39 PM.

#32 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 06:00 PM

Well, the problem maybe be that one of the parts get corrupted when download. The first thing to check is if all the parts have the size the download site said, if one dont have it, then the only options is to redownload.

Also, if you arnt using IE 6 (or higher) the client can get corrupted when download it.

The other posibility is that when you unzip, not all the files are extracted. You can right click over the zipped folder, then pick open with winrar (or the program you are using) and then select all what is inside, right click and select Extract without confirmation.

Also, from here you should be able to download the individual cabs: http://download.warp...lient/download/

Also, check in my signature the guides to install, update and run the game under the different windows. Maybe something is blocking the game from start, like the UAC (security options of the Program File folder, is recomended to install the game in another location), the DEP, the Anti-Virus or the Firewall. Also remember to run as administrator if you have windows 7 or vista.

#33 Valandir

Valandir

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 06:07 PM

Well, the problem maybe be that one of the parts get corrupted when download. The first thing to check is if all the parts have the size the download site said, if one dont have it, then the only options is to redownload.

Also, if you arnt using IE 6 (or higher) the client can get corrupted when download it.

The other posibility is that when you unzip, not all the files are extracted. You can right click over the zipped folder, then pick open with winrar (or the program you are using) and then select all what is inside, right click and select Extract without confirmation.

Also, from here you should be able to download the individual cabs: http://download.warp...lient/download/

Also, check in my signature the guides to install, update and run the game under the different windows. Maybe something is blocking the game from start, like the UAC (security options of the Program File folder, is recomended to install the game in another location), the DEP, the Anti-Virus or the Firewall. Also remember to run as administrator if you have windows 7 or vista.

As i said before, i have used every single method here. and none of them work. i used IE8 for all of the downloads.
i vastly appreciate the effort. but something else is wrong.
although it would help if the launcher worked properly but i suppose free games dont have that luxury.

ironicly, when i first started the game i used firefox to download. and it worked flawlessly

EDIT: You would think something else is wrong when all the above "it might work" fixes have been done. They key to fixing EVERYTHING is
1: Find out what is causing the problem and pin it down(reinstalling, redownloading, changing system settings is only GUESSING. Guessing gets you nowhere)
2: How can you fix it?
3: Did the fix work?
4: If it did. WELL DONE KIND SIR! If it didn't, Repeat steps 1 to 3

Edited by Valandir, 30 July 2011 - 11:56 AM.

#34 Kraizer666

Kraizer666

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 03 August 2011 - 11:29 AM

As i said before, i have used every single method here. and none of them work. i used IE8 for all of the downloads.
i vastly appreciate the effort. but something else is wrong.
although it would help if the launcher worked properly but i suppose free games dont have that luxury.

ironicly, when i first started the game i used firefox to download. and it worked flawlessly

EDIT: You would think something else is wrong when all the above "it might work" fixes have been done. They key to fixing EVERYTHING is
1: Find out what is causing the problem and pin it down(reinstalling, redownloading, changing system settings is only GUESSING. Guessing gets you nowhere)
2: How can you fix it?
3: Did the fix work?
4: If it did. WELL DONE KIND SIR! If it didn't, Repeat steps 1 to 3

Well, welcome to requiem, this happens quite often.

Seeing as how it is stopping mid game, I'm gonna say that there's something wrong with your drivers, not sure if that was mentioned yet, as that was a ton of reading. I know people who've had that issue and it was because the video card did not support what requiem required, post your system specs, and try updating your drivers and give your pc a reboot. It would be weird for this to happen with a stop responding error, but it has fixed it before.

Tonight when you're asleep, I would let your pc run a defrag and a virus scan. Just to make sure :)

Hope everything works out for ya.

#35 Valandir

Valandir

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:24 PM

Well, welcome to requiem, this happens quite often.

Seeing as how it is stopping mid game, I'm gonna say that there's something wrong with your drivers, not sure if that was mentioned yet, as that was a ton of reading. I know people who've had that issue and it was because the video card did not support what requiem required, post your system specs, and try updating your drivers and give your pc a reboot. It would be weird for this to happen with a stop responding error, but it has fixed it before.

Tonight when you're asleep, I would let your pc run a defrag and a virus scan. Just to make sure :rofl:

Hope everything works out for ya.

its not that it stops responding. its that it completely crashes.
the only driver that would cause a problem. would be the vid driver. and its up to date, i have played requiem before. no problem at all on the very same pc. only change i did an OS and driver reinstall about 4-5 months ago

i defrag every 2 weeks

there is a conflict somewhere. and i intend to find it.

also, another game i had did the same thing and it worked flawlessly not even 2 months ago. and i didnt install anything that would even affect it.

so far i have tested 7 other games and they work fine. one other and requiem are failing for no reason.

also i dont have viruses, im not dumb enough to download them hell i dont even have a scanner

dxdiag not that it will help: http://www.mediafire...gfrbpcw18ina6so

Edited by Valandir, 05 August 2011 - 08:28 PM.

#36 Elairea

Elairea

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 03:11 PM

hi there.
i have the same problem here.
i also posted a ticket to warp portal but i got the same answer that all of us have gotten.
requirement checks, driver check bla bla...
i googled so much that my brain hurts.

after trying over a hundred times to start the game on my pc by trying to change eveything, like firewall options or compatibility and so on, i started to try out sth different.
i opened the game and quickly opened the task manager. then i fast set the priority of requiem to highest and what happened?
i got a fing error message... finally.
so you can look at it cause i made a screen.

http://j92.img-up.ne...uiemerrn969.jpg

after that indeed great success, cause i finally got a clue what might happen to my pc, i downloaded directx 9c and installed and nothing happened. the same issue.
then nvidia drivers... the same.

im starting to become insane because of that game.

the best thing over here is that i can play the game on the notebook of my sister.
shes got the same system, everything is equal. the same firewall and antivirus programm, and so on.

i also tried, after several reinstalling action, to copy her gravity folder and paste it instead of mine.

and here the message of ticket i posted to warp:
it's a little bit confusing. i decided to play this game with my sister, so we both downloaded and installed the game, without any problems. she was the first to start on her pc and everything worked out okay. then i started the game and all i see is a black background after a white window appears and then a cursor. then after abot three secounds the game crashes with the windows message: requiem.exe doesn't work anymore.
i decided to make full checks and reinstall the game. this didn't work either so i checked every port on my firewall. nothing blocked over there, so i copied her game folder and pasted it instead of mine in the gravity folder.
i thought maybe there was a fail about the patchfiles. on ther pc the game does start so it had to start if i did this. and its just the same crash. no error message and nothing that could help me to find out what the problem is. today i reinstalled the whole game and i still cannot start it.

my system is configured about that:
windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
Mainboard XMX ASUS P5N-D (Chipset: nVIDIA nForce 750i SLI)
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 4x3,3Ghz
4096MB DDR2 Dual Channel 800Mhz (PC2-6400)
PCI-E 896 MB NVIDIA Geforce GTX 260
Onboard Sound

i don't know what else could help to find out what my problem is.
i hope you can help me soon.

so i really hope you can help me now to start this game....

#37 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 04:54 PM

Check here

http://forums.warppo...n-doesnt-match/
http://webcache.goog...s&ct=clnk&gl=uy

not a solution but this happens since some time

Maybe sumbit a ticket and/or PM Sakana and link this thread, and the screenshot with the error.

Edited by Nadesh, 19 October 2011 - 02:31 PM.

#38 Elairea

Elairea

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:47 AM

that is not the same issue.

but what they mentioned in the second thread, about to re-install windwos.
i think they are right. but it wont be windows 7 i swear.
its not possible to manage this stupid OS manually. it tries to to eyerything on its own and then there are several conflicts.

i think ill go back to the xp rules and post it here in case that xp will say that there isn't any conflict with "wtfidk-stuff".

thank you all and i hope there was a small help for someone outta there.

Edited by Elairea, 11 August 2011 - 02:48 AM.

#39 Rado1984

Rado1984

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:40 AM

I guess this topic leaves me with the only available option - delete the stupid game. Apparently the support doesn't give a s*it whether people can or can not play their stupid game. With that attitude you better shut down Requiem servers immediately and forever - this game won't last longer. If you don't believe me - ask Aeria Games and Gamigo, they know it by their own experience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users