• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:21 PM

Where is this?

Nogg Road = Magma Dungeon

1 South and then 1 East of Juno you'll find the entrance to Nogg/Magma Dungeon. Floor 2 is a hot spot for leveling. As such, people who level there seldom pick up the loots. Greed with a Blacksmith is perfect for that place and it doesn't take long to make more than a million in zeny after a good hour of Greed.

#27 Orlim

Orlim

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:28 PM

eh, never heard magma dungeon referred to as Nogg Road, but now that you say it I looked it up on iW Database.

I am on Yimir server and don't see much action there.. Am I online during the wrong times?

Yes I used to play Whitesmith on euRo and back then orc dungeon was the only real good place to greed in a pinch. So what are people camping nogg road 2 for nowadays?

#28 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:51 PM

eh, never heard magma dungeon referred to as Nogg Road, but now that you say it I looked it up on iW Database.

I am on Yimir server and don't see much action there.. Am I online during the wrong times?

Yes I used to play Whitesmith on euRo and back then orc dungeon was the only real good place to greed in a pinch. So what are people camping nogg road 2 for nowadays?

It's a pretty busy map all the time on Valkyrie...

The other option is to observe all the other Weekly Turn In maps and use those for Greed and income by seeing which one is most packed with monster spawn. Smaller maps work too during an event.

#29 Pixvoly

Pixvoly

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 725 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:38 PM

I never really relied on making zeny with a Gank Rogue. It's better to just simply make a Blacksmith and level it enough to where it can survive inside Nogg Road 2. Take it there with a bunch of Flyings+Potions and have fun collecting millions in Greed NPC-able loots.

When my stalker was rouge, I found out with high enough dex and maxed gank, I could steal armor, weapon and accessories. For example while I was killing Dark Priest I was able to steal one bone wand and 3 Glitter Jackets and non slotted rosaries. Not the best example, but I can also double up on drops like blue and white herbs for when I get around to making a permanent brewing biochemist. I don't have any desires of doing WoE so might as well use the job for something when done. I do have a blacksmith with greed as well.

#30 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:47 PM

When my stalker was rouge, I found out with high enough dex and maxed gank, I could steal armor, weapon and accessories. For example while I was killing Dark Priest I was able to steal one bone wand and 3 Glitter Jackets and non slotted rosaries. Not the best example, but I can also double up on drops like blue and white herbs for when I get around to making a permanent brewing biochemist. I don't have any desires of doing WoE so might as well use the job for something when done. I do have a blacksmith with greed as well.

Well we all have our own playing styles and preferences, hence the different builds. Gank is mostly just an extra in the case of leveling though. You should never expect high profits along with good experience everywhere you go. Keep in mind that items which have a card drop rate % are not going to be something you can Gank.

#31 aMoore

aMoore

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 272 posts
  • LocationHere and there.
  • Server:Chaos [Renewal]

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:10 AM

Hello, I have questions regarding after-balancing patch, what will be the best and efficient leveling method for Shadow Chaser? Is fire trapping method of leveling no longer viable? Thank you.

#32 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:54 AM

Hello, I have questions regarding after-balancing patch, what will be the best and efficient leveling method for Shadow Chaser? Is fire trapping method of leveling no longer viable? Thank you.

I honestly have no idea since we haven't gotten the patches in. From there you have to remember that we won't be keeping every update we get. We'll be changing some things around. So Fire Trap might still be viable, even if it ends up with Fire Property. You can even level at places with Ghost-property monsters if you wanted to and you'd be able to kill Earth-type monsters much faster due to the Fire element being added to it. The damage won't be as great, but you can always make up for that with more Dex in your build.

#33 ExplosPlankton

ExplosPlankton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:51 PM

Im going to convert my lvl 121 fire trap chaser to an ASS build just for fun in PvM and I have a few questions. I havent played in awhile but is ~100 dex necessary? I remember renewal making dex more impt but do you need that much to hit 95% of the time with the bonus hit from WCP? And why is it better to get ~50 str instead of more INT? I wouldve thought your melee dmg was insignificant (using bazerald of course) compared to meteor storm damage so str could be left at a very low amount. Finally, I was leveling in Juperos before but I imagine that wont be so great with an ASS build. Where should I go instead?

Edited by ExplosPlankton, 18 November 2011 - 08:43 PM.

#34 tintinnabule

tintinnabule

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:57 PM

Why the Vulture's Eye in the AutoSpell build? Does it affect daggers somehow? Or is it just in case I wanted to use bow?

Edited by tintinnabule, 28 November 2011 - 10:57 PM.

#35 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:35 PM

Im going to convert my lvl 121 fire trap chaser to an ASS build just for fun in PvM and I have a few questions. I havent played in awhile but is ~100 dex necessary? I remember renewal making dex more impt but do you need that much to hit 95% of the time with the bonus hit from WCP? And why is it better to get ~50 str instead of more INT? I wouldve thought your melee dmg was insignificant (using bazerald of course) compared to meteor storm damage so str could be left at a very low amount. Finally, I was leveling in Juperos before but I imagine that wont be so great with an ASS build. Where should I go instead?

The combined +Hit from a Well Chewed Pencil(+2 Dex and +3% Hit) is only +5 Hit. That +3% is only a flat +3 Hit. It doesn't go by your total Hit.

Keep in mind that it's all going towards your preference. That Str might be needed to augment your damage if you're using Ring of Flamelord for physical skills that proc from it. Duple Light also takes into account both Physical and Magic Attack. Go with Int if you feel you want to be more magic oriented and have no need for things like the Ring of Flamelord.

I'm not sure as to where you could level as an ASS build though. Might want to keep asking around. I've heard of many who try out Scaraba 1 after reaching Lv120.

Why the Vulture's Eye in the AutoSpell build? Does it affect daggers somehow? Or is it just in case I wanted to use bow?

Each point put into Vulture's Eye is +1 Hit. So Vulture's Eye 10 means +10 Hit.

Edited by GuardianTK, 30 November 2011 - 12:37 PM.

#36 Kaiji

Kaiji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 06 December 2011 - 03:34 AM

Hi, in dagger ASS what is the use of dex? can i just maxed out agi and int only? dex only like 7x?

The spell casted via ASS is instant right?

#37 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:50 PM

Hi, in dagger ASS what is the use of dex? can i just maxed out agi and int only? dex only like 7x?

The spell casted via ASS is instant right?

It's up to your preferences. As I answered someone else's question above, it's better to have the Dex in case you want to use the Ring of Flamelord accessories. If you plan to rely purely on spells from your Shadow Spell, then you wouldn't need the Dex at all. Though if you're getting Dex, then I'd say around 70+ base Dex is just fine. From there you can put those extra Stat Points into either Str or Agi.

It is generally not a good idea to max out Int, because in Renewal the damage doesn't really go up very much per Stat Point depending on what weapons you're using. You'd benefit more by getting a higher amount of Str than trying to fit all of those points into trying to get a measly 20 Int. It would have been a good idea if there were stronger weapons for a Chaser's spells, but currently there isn't anything worthy for heavy Stat investments. The effectiveness of your Stats highly depends on how strong your weapons are.

Yes, spells autocasted by Shadow Spell are instant-cast.

#38 Kaiji

Kaiji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 07 December 2011 - 01:30 AM

Hmm...noted. Ehmm, what is the correlation between dex and Ring of Flamelord?

#39 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 02:55 PM

Hmm...noted. Ehmm, what is the correlation between dex and Ring of Flamelord?

Ring of Flamelord is an accessory that autocasts skills when you attack. Many of them are physical attack skills, therefore you'll need Dex for the Hit to make the most use out of them.

#40 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:45 PM

*Jotting down for my own reference info*

-Lv125 Chaser with +5 Orc Archer Bow+Steel Arrows, endowed towards opposing element, and 120 base Dex deals on average 20k per cast of Arrow Storm on opposing element targets.

-Fire/Ice Trap damage is almost completely null with Balance Patches. Damage equals Weapon Attack. Example being something along the lines of less than 180 damage per Fire Trap if using Naght Sieger Sword, even against opposing Earth element. Formula completely negates Dex and Int's use towards the trap damage, because new formula requires the Ranger's Trap Research.

-Ancient Dagger is currently the strongest Matk weapon for AutoShadowSpell builds. Still seems to be inefficient, despite being a Lv4 weapon with higher default Weapon Atk/Matk compared to Elemental Sword and Bazerald. Has no slot and will have a high chance to Curse user upon any Atk/Matk dealt to enemy. Must carry lots of Holy Waters if a person plans to use such a weapon for Shadow Spell build. 100 total Luck is the only way to naturally 100% resist Curse status effect. Holy Waters are a necessity considering Luck shouldn't be important for Shadow Spell builds.

-100 total Int no longer aids in Frozen status resistance. Only Armor Mdef applies towards Stone Curse and Frozen status resistance now. May not be necessary to get 100 total Int for WoE-only build Chasers anymore.

-Bloody Lust affects people in Manhole and in town. Beware that it also affects friendlies.

-Manhole no longer has Cast Delay allowing the targeting of multiple targets in a short span of time, but you cannot repetitively target a person already affected by Manhole. This prevents repetitively locking several people indefinitely, a problem that existed pre-balance patches. Can still spam Manhole next to a Manholed person until they are released to trap them again when the effect wears off, unless they're quick to escape.

-Detection skills Ruwach and Sight have high chance to cancel out Shadow Form every few seconds. Shadow Form can still be cast though. So it's a matter of recasting it repetitively if needed.

Edited by GuardianTK, 20 February 2012 - 07:56 AM.

#41 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:50 AM

Thread updated.

I'll update in the future when I get more information.

#42 Diarka

Diarka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:56 AM

So post balance: does flying kick works with deadly infect? like if I fly lick to someone, it would transfer the abnormal status I'm currently holding to the one I'm flying kicking into?

#43 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:04 AM

So post balance: does flying kick works with deadly infect? like if I fly lick to someone, it would transfer the abnormal status I'm currently holding to the one I'm flying kicking into?

I've updated the FAQ at the front page of this thread to reflect the Balance Patch changes in regards to Deadly Infect. Long ranged attacks and spells no longer apply to Deadly Infect. Flying Kick is for all intents and purposes considered a long ranged physical attack.

Shouldn't stop you from equipping a Blast(Marine Sphere) accessory to Magnum Break people after -_-'ing into them though. :v

#44 Diarka

Diarka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:27 PM

oh how about windmill? would windmill work with deadly infect? sorry, just starting to use SC in WOE xD

#45 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:48 PM

oh how about windmill? would windmill work with deadly infect? sorry, just starting to use SC in WOE xD

Windmill is considered a short range physical attack. So it should still work with Deadly Infect.

#46 Bubbamare

Bubbamare

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:41 AM

Ok, well, I have done a tone of research online through the forums, irowiki, and just basic google searching. I have just returned to iRO, been on private servers that last few years, and have never played a shadowchaser before. My character just got to shadowchaser, and I am a bit confused as to where to go from here. I like the idea of the auto-shadow spell, but I am confused as to how the skill works exactly. I have always done RTB on my rogue for faster damager, and it has always provided me with a great rogue with great damage. Now, as it falls, my stats for the moment, are this:

Level - 99/3
STR - 90+7
AGI - 80+1
VIT - 1+1
INT - 16+1
DEX - 68+1
LUK - 1+5

Equipment - +5 Musketeer Hat, Dark Blinder, 4 Leaf Clover, +4 Valk Armor of Ares(Str+3), +9 valk boots, mocking arch angel wings, grimtooth, +7 stone buckler of requiem.

My gear has served me well, I love my hate because of the chance of adrenaline rush when im hit which really boosts my ASPD.

My stats are mostly until I get enough job levels to get shadow spell, and then i plan on changing them to fit the recommended build.

What I'm mostly on here to ask is simply a Shadowchaser for Dummies kind of breakdown. Like how does Shadow Spell work? Is it automatic? Because the skill is listed as just shadow spell, but then i see ASS listed everywhere, and I've gotten a little confused as to how it works exactly. Since I have always used RTB in the past, should I stick with this? Or try something else? And I saw that you mentioned Duple Light. How do I get that skill and how exactly does that work lol. Any help would be appreciated.

One last thing, if it isn't too much trouble, if money weren't really an objection, what would be some better recommended gear/weapons? Whenever you get a chance to respond to this, I appreciate whatever light you can shed on this in advance.

#47 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:10 PM

I am a bit confused as to where to go from here. I like the idea of the auto-shadow spell, but I am confused as to how the skill works exactly. I have always done RTB on my rogue for faster damager, and it has always provided me with a great rogue with great damage.

What I'm mostly on here to ask is simply a Shadowchaser for Dummies kind of breakdown. Like how does Shadow Spell work? Is it automatic? Because the skill is listed as just shadow spell, but then i see ASS listed everywhere, and I've gotten a little confused as to how it works exactly. Since I have always used RTB in the past, should I stick with this? Or try something else? And I saw that you mentioned Duple Light. How do I get that skill and how exactly does that work lol. Any help would be appreciated.

One last thing, if it isn't too much trouble, if money weren't really an objection, what would be some better recommended gear/weapons? Whenever you get a chance to respond to this, I appreciate whatever light you can shed on this in advance.

One thing to keep in mind about Raging Trifecta Blow as a Shadow Chaser: You'll be replacing it with Duple Light very quickly as you level up Reproduce. It is a skill that Archbishops have, and you can copy it through Reproduce. It acts as a buff that lets you autocast Duple Light as you perform melee attacks. It deals a whole lot more damage than Raging Trifecta Blow ever will even at Lv 1, because its damage is based on both the Atk and Matk of a weapon. In Renewal, both a weapon's Atk and Matk are increased through upgrades unlike in Pre-Renewal.

Shadow Spell is basically what the description describes. You can autocast spells as you perform melee attacks, just like how you see Raging Trifecta Blow work whenever you melee attack. ASS stands for AutoShadowSpell, which is the nickname that most people have used since Renewal's inception for the build that incorporates Shadow Spell in it. Nothing more complicated than that.

The first thing you should be doing as soon as you change into a Shadow Chaser is to get Reproduce 5 first before working on anything else. In this case, you'd start working on Shadow Spell after fulfilling the Reproduce 5 pre-requisite. Stop at Shadow Spell 5 before starting to work on getting Reproduce maxed to take advantage of more damage modifier with Duple Light. After this you can either keep Shadow Spell at Lv 5 and move on to another skill or max it. Lv 5 Shadow Spell seems efficient enough, since the auto-spell proc rate is fairly high compared to Lv 10 of Shadow Spell.

There's really not many options for Shadow Spell builds. Some people like using really high upgraded Ice Picks. The majority use Bazerald and Elemental Sword for Shadow Spell damage though, because they're the two main weapons that actually have default weapon Matk on them without upgrades. There's also the Valorous Assassin's Damascus with some weapon Matk from Battlegrounds, but that's not as easily available to the general population. I can't really give you many tips on armors at the moment, because everyone has their own playing style and preferences when it comes to leveling. I can point out that a +7 Alicel Hat is a really nice hat for getting 193aspd though, which is much better in my opinion than a Musketeer Hat when you're not getting hit by the mobs.

Looking at your current stat build though, I worry that your Hit might not be efficient enough for leveling without headaches. xD Your Str is a bit high there for your current level. To me it looks like a Pre-Renewal stat build rather than one that comes from something in Renewal. That Int in the build is unnecessary and there doesn't seem to be enough Agi.

Edited by GuardianTK, 16 April 2012 - 12:11 PM.

#48 Bubbamare

Bubbamare

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:25 AM

Looking at your current stat build though, I worry that your Hit might not be efficient enough for leveling without headaches. xD Your Str is a bit high there for your current level. To me it looks like a Pre-Renewal stat build rather than one that comes from something in Renewal. That Int in the build is unnecessary and there doesn't seem to be enough Agi.

Thanks for the help. Yeah, I have found that the renewal stats have changed a lot. I've been on private servers off and on over the last few years where they obviously don't have renewal stats. And it has been an interesting transition. I almost feel brand new to the game again, and I just need to get everything figured out. So would you recommend something else along the lines of 60-70 str, about 100 agi, and 70-80 dex? and move from there? at least for my current level of 99 and move on from there?

And to obtain Duple Light, do i need to be hit by someone who has that buff casted on them? Or is it an attack that ABs have? I never played any of the private servers that had 3rd class because those servers were always broken, so I've been learning what I can as I go lol. And thank you for the above help and explinations.

#49 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:36 AM

So would you recommend something else along the lines of 60-70 str, about 100 agi, and 70-80 dex? and move from there? at least for my current level of 99 and move on from there?

And to obtain Duple Light, do i need to be hit by someone who has that buff casted on them? Or is it an attack that ABs have?

Str in Renewal benefits higher Atk weapons rather than weapons with lower Atk. In Renewal it adds roughly 0.5% to the weapon's Atk per pt of Str without bonuses every so often, instead of Pre-Renewal's flat +atk every pt of Str with bonuses every 5pts of Str. 60-70 Str is just fine when it's actually a lot more important to be able to hit the monsters you're leveling on.

How much Agi you put into your character is up to you, but I wouldn't go anywhere above 100 total base Agi. It gets extremely costly very quickly. You'd gain more benefits out of placing Stat points into other areas like Str or Vit. Vit is still very important in Renewal for survival.

Yeah, you just need to get hit by Duple Light from someone that has it. They'd need the buff active in order for it to proc when they attack.

Edited by GuardianTK, 17 April 2012 - 04:37 AM.

#50 Bubbamare

Bubbamare

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:47 AM

Str in Renewal benefits higher Atk weapons rather than weapons with lower Atk. In Renewal it adds roughly 0.5% to the weapon's Atk per pt of Str without bonuses every so often, instead of Pre-Renewal's flat +atk every pt of Str with bonuses every 5pts of Str. 60-70 Str is just fine when it's actually a lot more important to be able to hit the monsters you're leveling on.

How much Agi you put into your character is up to you, but I wouldn't go anywhere above 100 total base Agi. It gets extremely costly very quickly. You'd gain more benefits out of placing Stat points into other areas like Str or Vit. Vit is still very important in Renewal for survival.

Yeah, you just need to get hit by Duple Light from someone that has it. They'd need the buff active in order for it to proc when they attack.

Ok awesome. Thank you for all of your help, you cleared a lot up for me, and I do appreciate all of the help that you've given me. I think that I can move forward from here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users