Rachel Sanc Turn In XP - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Rachel Sanc Turn In XP

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#26 Aeolus

Aeolus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:21 PM

Granted I haven't had a chance to run these hunts yet, if it's like past post renewal events, the exp isn't as bad as people make it out to be. The problem with a large portion of our player base is that if the event doesn't give us retardedly broken exp we don't want to do it. I remember the dragon events before renewal hit. It was fun and it gave me my first 99 trans. But, in the end, the event was too over powered. If I recall, a all base TI + BM would yield 20mil exp. It was nice, but it was broken for a quest that could be done in under 15min with a good party. In other words, we're babied. There could be 10X spawn (which I doubt the server could handle), monsters giving full exp, quest giving 200% the exp for killing the monsters, and a 2x exp event and people would complain it's still to slow.
I'm gonna wait until I do the quest before I give full judgement.

My main problem with it is, I made a shadow chaser last 2x event and got him to 135+ and now this event is just completely useless for me. The past several turn-in events have just been utterly disappointing in that aspect. I don't understand why they couldn't have just added another turn-in for 135-150...

#27 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valk

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:28 PM

My main problem with it is, I made a shadow chaser last 2x event and got him to 135+ and now this event is just completely useless for me. The past several turn-in events have just been utterly disappointing in that aspect. I don't understand why they couldn't have just added another turn-in for 135-150...

Because, if i remember correctly, either Heim or ODA said that the server average is about 115-120ish (of course im paraphrasing here). Someone correct me if im wrong but i think this is the reason for it.

#28 Renaldoo

Renaldoo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:34 PM

Granted I haven't had a chance to run these hunts yet, if it's like past post renewal events, the exp isn't as bad as people make it out to be. The problem with a large portion of our player base is that if the event doesn't give us retardedly broken exp we don't want to do it. I remember the dragon events before renewal hit. It was fun and it gave me my first 99 trans. But, in the end, the event was too over powered. If I recall, a all base TI + BM would yield 20mil exp. It was nice, but it was broken for a quest that could be done in under 15min with a good party. In other words, we're babied. There could be 10X spawn (which I doubt the server could handle), monsters giving full exp, quest giving 200% the exp for killing the monsters, and a 2x exp event and people would complain it's still to slow.
I'm gonna wait until I do the quest before I give full judgement.

I understand what you mean, but I really don't think it's about "complaining." The GM's want to do a special event to attract some activity and attention-- the event itself is problematic. The EXP from the event is actually worse than regular leveling-- so it's not like "Here, we doubled your EXP", and that we're responding by complaining that it's too slow. It's more along the lines of "Hey guys! To kick off our 8th anniversary summer, we're gonna' have some fun TI events to help you guys level!", and we respond with "Thanks! But the event is too slow for us to make use of-- we'd rather just grind away as usual." In my mind, I don't feel "entitled" to a TI event or an EXP event, but I know that it's done to stimulate interest, and I feel it necessary for player feedback to express that they might want to rework the event a little to meet their intentions.

#29 Ularis

Ularis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • LocationUnder the shade of a Cherry Blossom
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:36 PM

That map is so big :waddle:

Its hard to notice alright but when you check on the corners you'd go "So that's where they're all at!" :P

Maybe triple the spawn on those maps will be or probably be noticeable.

This "less/no exp from monsters" on TI events only started since renewal, right?

I don't remember the Dragons exp during Dragon TI Event Pre-renewal having decreased exp.

If this all began since renewal started then aren't we losing exp/hr compared to grinding?

Like someone mentioned, if its an event then why is it that the exp reward/turn in isn't any better than killing the monsters on a regular basis.

Renewal = less EXP from monster
Renewal TI Event EXP Reward = Normal mob EXP/Less

I love what the GM Team does here and there but TI events (Renewal) always have this "Less/Equal EXP/TI" or did I just not notice this Pre-renewal.

#30 SpidyFreakshow

SpidyFreakshow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:59 PM

just 3 or 4x spawn rate would be ideal

i had to tele around for a good 2 minutes before finding more than 2 monsters once

#31 SirDillhole

SirDillhole

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:34 PM

I actually would like to see the EXP the monsters give when you kill it along with the Turn In as it is faster than having the EXP cut off from the monster and have the EXP given back to us after the Turn In. But the problem about this system is, people gets too picky about their party and leave off people that can kill fast and not be included in the party because he/she is not in the level range.

As someone has said, I did not see any post about us wanting this TI. Either I was not paying much attention to the forums or I'm just going off on what I've seen in these forums the past month. This TI has potential, but the way the spawn is looking, it seems to me that it would be faster to just go and grind it out in Magma 2 for the lower levels. So for future reference, when this TI gets put back in the game, make it so that the maps has 3x or 4x spawn rate.

Look, I appreciate what you guys (the GM's) are doing. But most of the things that you guys put in the game always needs to be tweaked on some parts.

#32 Wanderer

Wanderer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:55 PM

Well we did a call out for what places you want us to do a turnin kill count quest. And that was the feedback gave us rachel. We put as many turnins in as reasonable, so getting all 4 you should find something to murder for turnin.
The spawn is double, and it is that way on several floors, we can add more perhaps later.

But as for picking where to be, this was the range that was requested, so talk to your fellow RO players why they wanted this dungeon. We do intend on adding at least 1 more area on Tuesday, so where do you think it should be.

BTW: It is interesting that the most anger we get is when we implement crazy faster exp quests. If we don't put them in we get lots of pretty polite demands to put them in, but when we do put them in we get rage feedback..

It's a large map so 2x is not enough

#33 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:37 PM

Well we did a call out for what places you want us to do a turnin kill count quest. And that was the feedback gave us rachel. We put as many turnins in as reasonable, so getting all 4 you should find something to murder for turnin.
The spawn is double, and it is that way on several floors, we can add more perhaps later.

But as for picking where to be, this was the range that was requested, so talk to your fellow RO players why they wanted this dungeon. We do intend on adding at least 1 more area on Tuesday, so where do you think it should be.

BTW: It is interesting that the most anger we get is when we implement crazy faster exp quests. If we don't put them in we get lots of pretty polite demands to put them in, but when we do put them in we get rage feedback..

When the rachel maps had it's spawn tripled in the previous event it was perfect, but earlier tonight I would burn 20 or so gwings to find a monster or 2

#34 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Server:Valk

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:46 AM

As someone has said, I did not see any post about us wanting this TI. Either I was not paying much attention to the forums or I'm just going off on what I've seen in these forums the past month. This TI has potential, but the way the spawn is looking, it seems to me that it would be faster to just go and grind it out in Magma 2 for the lower levels. So for future reference, when this TI gets put back in the game, make it so that the maps has 3x or 4x spawn rate.

Look, I appreciate what you guys (the GM's) are doing. But most of the things that you guys put in the game always needs to be tweaked on some parts.

They did a survay on the facebook group.

"Ragnarok Online:
Oda: A question for high level players, what kind of monsters do you find yourself fighting at around level 110-120? We're putting together a turn-in event to go in soon and would like to know what maps and monsters you'd like to see."

After seeing this most people wrote down in the comments that they wanted Rachel Sanc.

Edited by CheddarJack, 17 June 2011 - 04:47 AM.

#35 Loki1669

Loki1669

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:50 AM

With the enormous amount of players in the range of the quest, I would say 4-5x spawn would be best, even if the turn in exp amount stays the same.

#36 JIGSAW

JIGSAW

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:38 AM

The "BTW" is 100% classical!! That's what I'm talking about all the time. Players are too hard to get satisfied. Everyone wants to reach 150 fast, but when they reached it they got bored and started to blame on the Events. It is such a disappointment to see those unbelievable players. I agree with you Heim!!!
Holy ground is a good place, but if we can have like triple spawning or better exp for each turn-in, that will be great!!!
XDD

#37 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:41 AM

Straight up reponse:

I get 500-700k / hr experience on these TI quests.

Why would i waste my time when I can get 4-5mill/hr doing my regular leveling?

Event is a tad disappointing, tho i like the fact it brings people together.

Edit:

In fact it feels like you guys just SLAPPED on 2 EXP turn in quests taht a few people wanted and gave the level range very broad (70-99? 105-135??!!)

I don't want to accuse of laziness, but It could have been improved on while keeping in mind the EXP Penalty via level range.

Now I did read there is a chance for additional EXP TI's to narrow the level range. Thumbs up!

Please don't take this post as a direct critique to your job but I can see many people thinking this Event is bad and will not even bother posting on the forums. Instead, going to another game.

Edited by cory, 17 June 2011 - 05:49 AM.

#38 Ularis

Ularis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • LocationUnder the shade of a Cherry Blossom
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:53 AM

Compared to Medusa TI Event this seems a bit better in one part at least killers get something from it (EXP). Killers end up getting 100 percent of the mob EXP/TI while the rest (Support) gets 2/3rds of the EXP/TI.

Just want to point that out :waddle:

#39 Nick221cen

Nick221cen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 17 June 2011 - 06:10 AM

If it was like the Ice titan event then i would be happy....you got full exp from killing stuff and the quest gave you great exp or job exp if you wanted to and that made partying fun, now.....i look at it and rage for all the crap bugs and stupid exp for pretty much no reason

#40 Brindizer

Brindizer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • LocationDuluth

Posted 17 June 2011 - 06:43 AM

You know what would really make it feel like an event while making it totally awesome?

Removing all the Seekers from the third floor.

Hodremlins naturally spawn on the lower half of the floor while Seekers dominate the top half. But most people don't know this and go up to the northern side to kill Seekers, or their bot just decides to go kill them anyway, polluting the lower half with these god awful creatures.

Hodremlins are awesome. Seekers, not. Move em' to the fourth floor if anything, since nothing desirable is there for this event anyway.

#41 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Server:Iris

Posted 17 June 2011 - 06:51 AM

Umm. Yeah if you left out the turn in and issila and vanberk gave normal exp you would get more exp using +7 pirate bandana, its more base than turning in all from job and base for both Ti. The Ti needs to behigher or spawn greatly increased to be worth the time and effort. That's where the hem an haw comes from. We appreciate the effort, but you listened, again, to the wrooooong people when agreeing on a turn in area.

#42 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 17 June 2011 - 07:20 AM

To be honest, if you're doing a turn-in event that you know is going to attract a large percentage of the server, you should try to reach a monster:cell ratio of other popular leveling dungeons like Magma 2 or Juperos. Where a "cell" is one clickable, walkable cell on the map. That's why everyone loves AL3 turn-ins so much. When you double or triple the spawn there, because the map is so small, it becomes instant gratification. Maps as big as Rachel Sanctuary might need 4x or 5x.

Either way, I didn't vote for Rachel because it's been done already. Turn-ins and 2x/3x spawn in NI2 would be orgasmic.

#43 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 17 June 2011 - 07:21 AM

There is a billy joel song that describes the way you guys handle this stuff. "I go to extremes" in which he talks about always being completely wrong or perfectly right. See, with you guys, you go too far left or too far right. I am not sure why you never listen to the good feedback on this stuff, but it seems to me your aim is really bad. You either put 2/3 the exp it should be or 2x the exp it should be. I am wondering why you never land the mark where it should be, 1.33x?

I know you claim you play the game, but I don't think you do. If you did you'd know what the 'right' amount of exp is for a place like magma2 or bio2, or AL3, and do your best (with beta testing) to get another poorly designed map to feel this good. Its not rocket science. I am sure you're a busy guy, but I am sure you can find a volunteer. If in a single person party I can get 15m/hr in magma in magma without any modifiers, then you should playtest your own turn in. When you see it garners you only like 6m/hr, it should be forehead slappingly obvious people aren't going to like the turnin reward. You want, ideally, for 3 people to gather up and teamwork these monsters, get like 14-17m/hr. so that its as good as being anti-social in magma to have some friends and have to work together. If during your testing you got 6m, try popping it up to 2.6x what the monsters normally give, then you suddenly get a turn-in that nets ~15m/hr. Its.. not.. complicated. :/

I don't mind giving you an hour of my time every weekend to test an upcoming event on sakray to see if it is something players will like. I am sure there would be other volunteers...

Edited by Jaye, 17 June 2011 - 07:22 AM.

#44 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 08:07 AM

Jaye. Your making sense. You know how much the gms hate that

#45 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 08:11 AM

They did a survay on the facebook group.

"Ragnarok Online:
Oda: A question for high level players, what kind of monsters do you find yourself fighting at around level 110-120? We're putting together a turn-in event to go in soon and would like to know what maps and monsters you'd like to see."

After seeing this most people wrote down in the comments that they wanted Rachel Sanc.

Also. What the-_- are they using facebook for when WE HAVE FORUMS AND POLLS to ask these kinds of questions? Its easy. We narrowed it to 1 of 4 places now vote if u want to do it that way

#46 Kagrra

Kagrra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 08:22 AM

:< I got a lot more exp in a 2 person share party with a +7 Red Pirate Bandana on ( and I have a VIP account ) than from the turn in. Very disappointing, imo.

They should increase the spawn and exp. Soloing my AB at Nameless would go faster, and I die a lot there ( from lag, usually ).

Edit; not that I don't appreciate the GMs attempt at a turn in event, but it could have been executed better...and they really should have had a forum poll instead of a FB poll. >>

Edited by Kagrra, 17 June 2011 - 08:25 AM.

#47 bronze

bronze

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:14 AM

Triple spawn at Magmarings. Turn in for Burning Hearts AS WELL as kill count on Magmarings.

#48 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:17 AM

Magmaring turn in event should require turning in botters to the local authorities (GMs) :blink:

#49 bronze

bronze

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:19 AM

Magmaring turn in event should require turning in botters to the local authorities (GMs) :blink:

Or that. :thumb:

#50 fenryl

fenryl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:33 AM

what's the reasoning behind excluding the 135-150 from the anniversary lvling event..? sell less BMs? o,o

On a side note here's a quick thought: Since Renewal came, everyone noticed how the game basically got dumbed down pvmwise and mvpwise; the monsters hit less hard and everyone's hp is 4x higher and almost all classes can dish huge DPS. The only map that has the potential to bring some kind of challenge to this game is Bio3 with monsters who are still relatively dangerous, use many different skills, require some kind of teamwork etc.. And guess what happened to that map, it became useless due to the ridiculous exp those monsters give. My idea would be to bring back pre renewal exp for those monsters ( maybe as an event at first to see how it goes?), yes 100k exp per kill. You will most likely see parties forming, bio3 mvps killed a bit more often and some kind of difficulty brought back to a game that lost all sense of challenge.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users