Second post about kvm fist - Page 5 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 7 votes

Second post about kvm fist

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#101 Aeolus

Aeolus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:30 AM

Go play a Warlock if you want REAL cast times to complain about. Sura has pretty much all advantage over mage class. More HP, Stronger, FASTER. Faster wins hands down over ANY caster. When you're DONE with that go make a priest and try to level with Magnus Failsorcismus. Sura is the last class that should complain about cast time being that they have so LITTLE of it.

Warlocks get release...

I think Viri answered your point there.
As for cast times compared to actual damage output...mage classes now are meant to be disabling classes as Gravity has readily made it apparent. Sura's have almost no skills which cause any status effects. Instead they are just pure damage dealers.

NOT ALL CLASSES HAVE TO BE ABLE TO KILL. THERE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE SUPPORT CLASSES. Jesus christ some of you are really, REALLY dense.

^ This
Not only are some classes support classes but there are also disabling classes which enable the killers to kill.

nothing needs to change about the fist, its free secrement. still easy to do what you need to do

Do you know how many skills are affected by sacrament for a sura? Almost none. I would understand if maybe it stacked with sacrament that way zen would have a quicker cast time and such but there really is no point in having a fist now other than just instant zen after using 2 GoH's. If you have sacrament and you're using gfist now you might as well just use the mace instead because it has the same cast time as the fist.

why make a universal change to satisfy one of the servers?

...Are you kidding me? That's what they did in the first place. Everyone from valk started crying that the fist was too op so they changed it to have a much slower cast time.

Someone explain to me why the +9 fist should be awesome and game-changing on a sura when most other +9 glorious weapons have an effect that is useless in 3rd job tier (lul +20% double strafe damage on glorious bow)?

Seems to me like you need to stop QQing and living in the past.

Wait so a +9 Glorious spear is now useless? I forgot about stormblast too, oh yeah and RG's have that insanely powerful Exceed Break that can pretty much one shot anyone. The only weapon you quoted is useless because hunters/snipers/rangers don't use bows anymore for damage, maybe if renewal didn't completely change the mechanics behind classes it wouldn't be so useless. Why would Genetics ever use a KVM weapon to begin with, they can use hammers and such. Mechanics have their insane pile bunkers now which are way better than any kvm weapon... The only thing I can think of that needs changing is maybe adding in a dagger for more demi human resist than a combat knife...although that would help out SC's way too much. Maybe having a good weapon for priests would be nice with more demi human reduction.

you act like ymir has a bunch of good players in pvp, its pretty bad too. if pservers took a crap, it would be ymir pvp, but if ymir crap took a small crap, that would be valk pvp. i've woed on both servers during the prime of both, and the top players on either server are pretty much equal. organization and overall ability easily goes to ymir, but there are a bunch of ymir players that are still really bad (same with valk)

i bet you'd easily still die in pvp/woe in valk, but you prob wouldn't xfer to valk risking that chance

Why would Viri move to valk to have almost the same amount of pvp and crap?
1.) It's a waste of money.
2.) He wouldn't have any of the god items he uses.
3.) That's just stupid.

And after all this I think the +9 effect of the KVM Fist should be an instant cast fist just like it says, that way you have a very small opportunity to switch to the mace.

#102 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:39 AM

1) his assumption of moving to valk was that the quality of players was crap. im saying he would still get beat on valk and that ymir pvp isnt that much better
2) you can easily get wpe via zeny, cost like 40m which is nothing (people have multiple 150s/etc they could xfer to try it out)
3) hopefully he doesnt need god items to be any sort of "decent"
4) compltely unrelated, but people should really try out pserver pvp

add a universal aftercast delay to gfist (that way if you're gonna instant fist that's fine, but you're stuck there and have to speed pot away and not be able to pot --> summon sphere--> snap away) remove ALL fixed cast and variable cast time so that it's purely instant and not able to switch

Edited by Andini, 21 June 2011 - 09:50 AM.

#103 Aeolus

Aeolus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:46 AM

1) his assumption of moving to valk was that the quality of players was crap. im saying he would still get beat on valk and that ymir pvp isnt that much better
2) you can easily get wpe via zeny, cost like 40m which is nothing (people have multiple 150s/etc they could xfer to try it out)
3) hopefully he doesnt need god items to be any sort of "decent"
4) compltely unrelated, but people should really try out pserver pvp

add a universal aftercast delay to gfist (that way if you're gonna instant fist that's fine, but you're stuck there and have to speed pot away and not be able to pot --> summon sphere--> snap away) remove ALL fixed cast and variable cast time so that it's purely instant and not able to switch

I'm all for your KVM fist suggestion, how long would you want the aftercast delay to be? I think 2-3 seconds would be good but testing it out would be awesome if we could.
1.) I've played both Valk and Ymir WoE's. IMO valk pvp/woe scene is really not that good.
2.) Maybe he just doesn't feel like spending the zeny/money to transfer? (In fear of becoming like Haseo)
3.) Because everyone else has god items on valk I don't see why he would want to not use his is all I'm saying.
4.) Please don't take this kind of discussion into the wrong place.

#104 Aeolus

Aeolus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:49 AM

Wtf? Double posted by accident

Edited by Aeolus, 21 June 2011 - 10:49 AM.

#105 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:13 AM

Lol believe me i kno the valk scene isnt that good. 2-3 sec universal would be good i think too. Would leave u semi vulnerable after a fist, but wouldnt be so bad to the point ud be screwed afterwords

Edited by Andini, 21 June 2011 - 11:14 AM.

#106 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:15 AM

Exceed break outdamages gfist as of right now and you can cast that much faster and it doesn't take your whole SP bar, nor disable you at all.

#107 Aeolus

Aeolus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:21 AM

Lol believe me i kno the valk scene isnt that good. 2-3 sec universal would be good i think too. Would leave u semi vulnerable after a fist, but wouldnt be so bad to the point ud be screwed afterwords

Having the after cast delay on there would have to be only for gfist, I think having other skills affected by this delay would severely diminish sura's.

#108 Estancia

Estancia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:28 PM

Baddies complaining about Suras LOL.

I wonder if they ever PLAYED a sura.

#109 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:11 PM

With instant gfist I can at least do SOME damage to the opponent.

with all the -_-s going on during woe, it's hard to get ur gfist off.

Your RG must get fisted a lot less than before cuz you have aoe reflect up.

stop relyng on Fist to kill people use KA/GOH, cause if you really are just relying on Fist to kill people or hurt them you should delete your sura

I kill people just fine with out Fist, and only use it as last resort, I actual like the fact +9 kvm fist dont cast fast anymore, Would like it even more if gravity made weapon swaping imposable upon trigger any skill

Edited by Puppet, 21 June 2011 - 03:13 PM.

#110 Estancia

Estancia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:11 PM

stop relyng on Fist to kill people use KA/GOH, cause if you really are just relying on Fist to kill people or hurt them you should delete your sura

I kill people just fine with out Fist, and only use it as last resort, I actual like the fact +9 kvm fist dont cast fast anymore, Would like it even more if gravity made weapon swaping imposable upon trigger any skill

I thought I made it clear that Gfist is my preference.

Are you saying that I have to delete my sura because of my preference? Nonsense.

Maybe you should listen to what you're saying Lol.

#111 Aeolus

Aeolus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:39 PM

Wth are you insane? The only reason the majority of RO players are still playing is because of the fast paced gameplay. The skill it takes to switch weapons, pot fast and generally use any skills quickly is the only thing that has kept me coming back to RO for so many years.

#112 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:53 PM

If they systematically slow down the pace of RO i'll move on to something fast paced. It's the only thing that makes woe/pvp interesting. You shouldn't get even half a second to react, that's extremely slow.

#113 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:02 PM

they have to do something with how broke and unbalanced skills are post renewal, woe is nothing more then who can one shot who first, and who can out pot who, which is not fun in anyway its like saying bapho go kill this poring, and saying that is a challenge. And most people will agree woe is unbalance and broke to begin with as of renewal

Play some of requiem and you will see just how unbalance ro is, atlest in requiem everycan have the ultimate gear in battle ground and live just as long as next person and dish out just as much damage.

and you should know by now viri they not gonna systematically do squat unless kro does for them, and kro changes are reason why renewal is unbalance turd

Edited by Puppet, 21 June 2011 - 06:07 PM.

#114 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:16 PM

they have to do something with how broke and unbalanced skills are post renewal, woe is nothing more then who can one shot who first, and who can out pot who, which is not fun in anyway its like saying bapho go kill this poring, and saying that is a challenge. And most people will agree woe is unbalance and broke to begin with as of renewal

Play some of requiem and you will see just how unbalance ro is, atlest in requiem everycan have the ultimate gear in battle ground and live just as long as next person and dish out just as much damage.

and you should know by now viri they not gonna systematically do squat unless kro does for them, and kro changes are reason why renewal is unbalance turd

1.-fixing cast times of genetics
2.- My best idea its that at least WOE 1 no one can use god items or mvp cards
3.-Giving to ATK the same stupid, low ,weak and sad formula as MAGICAL ATACK, becouse those items like medal of honor never gives the 5%matk but they really gives the 5%phatk, magic its slow and crap, if they give same cast times formulas to.... no could 1 shot EVER in RO history

#115 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:25 PM

1.-fixing cast times of genetics
2.- My best idea its that at least WOE 1 no one can use god items or mvp cards
3.-Giving to ATK the same stupid, low ,weak and sad formula as MAGICAL ATACK, becouse those items like medal of honor never gives the 5%matk but they really gives the 5%phatk, magic its slow and crap, if they give same cast times formulas to.... no could 1 shot EVER in RO history

personaly I would be happy if no one can one shot anymore, it would make woe fun again, instead of one shoting as many people as you can before you get one shoted

#116 Aeolus

Aeolus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:28 PM

Wait where have you been for the past 8 years? RO has always been about trying to kill people as quickly as possible. From what I can recall I believe that classes had less hp and they just a bit less damage than they do now. Which means that people die quicker. The HP pool for renewal mechanics is insane...

#117 Estancia

Estancia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:41 PM

Ja na.

#118 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • LocationMexico, Campeche
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:57 PM

I am lost

Posted Image

Edited by FiskBlack, 21 June 2011 - 09:58 PM.

#119 blitzrick

blitzrick

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:11 PM

Peace for all time

#120 Estancia

Estancia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:23 PM

Nice vid. Yup I miss having crescent elbow on my sura, too.

#121 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:34 PM

He didn't include any of the times I faked him out on CE, what a homo <3 CE is pretty balls when you're doing duels on agi suras that can't hit each other at all with fleeable skills xD

#122 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 22 June 2011 - 12:37 AM

stupid CC :o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users