Make Elven Ears [1] tradable - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 9 votes

Make Elven Ears [1] tradable

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#26 Fluffylovr

Fluffylovr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • LocationHawaii~
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valk

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:25 AM

Holy crap old thread resurrected O.O; not a bad idea though. (:

#27 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:33 AM

Gravity had a good idea when they made elven ears account bound. re-introducing slot mids, but as something that couldn't be abused such as slotting an mvp card and passing it between guildies or letting it get inherited by other people when you quit RO was brilliant.

It was immediately followed by a moron spasm in gravity management where they decided to make tradeable slot mids common as dirt.

We now have hundreds of mini glasses, sunglasses, glasses, and black frame glasses on the market-- all superior to elvens-- and tradeable.

Gravity doesn't care about game balance or the quality of competition in RO. They only care about money. The glasses were a big ticket item to sell lucky boxes. Making elvens tradeable (as they are more common than even the other slot mids) will only hurt Gravity's margin when they want to put another slot mid in a lucky box.

So bottom line? Should they be tradeable? Yes. Because there is no F'ing point anymore. Will they be? Probably not.

#28 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:47 AM

Because, I know that Elvens used to be like 2-3mil on Ymir. And Tradeable slotted mids are 90mil+.

um, elvens were about 10m (prior to other s.midgear) and currently the only slotted mid that comes close to 90m is the black frame glasses. the less desirable ones sell for about 30-40m (i bought ~15 pairs at that price for various cards).

The orignal reason given for keeping elven ears[1] account bound was relative rarity, i.e. elvens were super common and slotted mids were quite rare at "S" class reward level, which of course they arent anymore.

At roughly a 25% chance to slot elven ears, they are actually MORE expensive than tradable slotted mids. The only reason to keep them account bound at this point is so people will eventually put the same card in a tradable mid gear for multiple accounts.

#29 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:43 AM

So bottom line? Should they be tradeable? Yes. Because there is no F'ing point anymore. Will they be? Probably not.

the point is $ @ decarding service, for the poor souls that put a mvp card in elvens.

#30 Uruwashii

Uruwashii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:30 AM

+1 LOL =D

#31 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:07 PM

I prefer to have mine account bound so no one can steal my :P when I lend my account out rofl

#32 Chigikogou

Chigikogou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:31 PM

Why is the elven ears[1] bound anyway? What was the objective before?

Edit: I backread all of those rants. Just make it damn tradeable. These people have a point.

Edited by Chigikogou, 10 January 2012 - 06:33 PM.

#33 bored

bored

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 268 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:52 PM

Gravity had a good idea when they made elven ears account bound. re-introducing slot mids, but as something that couldn't be abused such as slotting an mvp card and passing it between guildies or letting it get inherited by other people when you quit RO was brilliant.

It was immediately followed by a moron spasm in gravity management where they decided to make tradeable slot mids common as dirt.

We now have hundreds of mini glasses, sunglasses, glasses, and black frame glasses on the market-- all superior to elvens-- and tradeable.

Gravity doesn't care about game balance or the quality of competition in RO. They only care about money. The glasses were a big ticket item to sell lucky boxes. Making elvens tradeable (as they are more common than even the other slot mids) will only hurt Gravity's margin when they want to put another slot mid in a lucky box.

solution, put slotted elvens in lucky box, then gravity will allow it. gravity sometimes listens when you mention they can make money :P

#34 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:42 PM

hahaha necro thread! I stand by what I said in 2011.

#35 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:56 PM

^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users