LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:16 PM

POPULAR

Welcome to the new rose where there is so little new content that they need to make the old content so impossible to get what you need that it FORCES you to play in order to get something. (some of the epics, quests that force people who are 220 to have to make new email addresses/open up new accounts to get materials 100% necessary to participate in event quests)

Gotta keep the programers coding item mall crap, so they make other things so you need to spend 2-3 mind numbing months on the mining the same thing.

It's ok though...by the shrinking numbers of players in the game it's inherently obvious that the dev's stupidity is getting repaid to the game by shrinking revenues.

WOW, what I wouldn't pay to speak to the level of management higher than the game managers who look at the overall numbers of what each game brings in to gravity. 2 minutes of informing how the developers have all but driven this game into the ground with their shortsightedness/inability to make customers happy. So many simple fixes ignored in favor of the item mall crap that has driven hundreds of players away probably permanently into the arms of other games. At least before when there were more players the greed of the game programmers was somewhat hidden in a much more even division of item mall to REAL content. Now that there are so few players, the item mall crap is pounded at us mercilessly and repeatedly until I just want to scream. I've started to fear even LOOKING at the new update notes as I know it will be dominated by more and more item mall CRAP. Seriously...I don't even look anymore as it's like a broken record that keeps skipping...ITEM MALL..ZIIIIPP....ITEM MALL....ZIIIIP...ITEM MALL....ZIIIIIP...ITEM MALL.....ZIIIIIP...ITEM MALL.

Worst of all, the story line has been left behind in a smoldering useless pile with a bunch of crap that has no right or reason to be in the game. Bot costumes? Gambling Spins for outfits with rocket boosters on the back? etc etc etc.

gg Rose dev's!

#2 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:22 PM

WOW, what I wouldn't pay to speak to the level of management higher than the game managers who look at the overall numbers of what each game brings in to gravity. 2 minutes of informing how the developers have all but driven this game into the ground with their shortsightedness/inability to make customers happy.

+1

I've contemplated leaving this game because it depresses me to play when it should cause enjoyment. Fortunately for them, my clan resides on this version of ROSE...for now... I too have begun to dread looking at the updates or even logging in due to the recent decline of people on the Draconis server.

Maybe it would do some good to find the head honchos of Gravity and explain to them what they're paying these devs for (making customers rage quit and lose revenue due to lousy content maybe?).

Edited by AlisiaMT, 07 July 2011 - 01:37 PM.

#3 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:48 PM

WoW is ftp up to level 20. just throwing that out there, though I'm either playing this or no mmorpg.

#4 Hitman2506

Hitman2506

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • LocationUSA!
  • Server:Leonis FTW

Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:49 PM

wow i remember the old rose good times :waddle: although i dont play computer games much -_-

#5 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:52 PM

The game is release IM, IM, IM while devs slowly revamp things and zeppelin is thrown to the trolls to try to fend them off.

#6 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 02:01 PM

I'm fine if they give out item mall updates if they actually take the time to develop the game, but this is NOT the case.

What we get weekly is 80% item mall updates 20% bug fixes and every 3 months you barely get some real content updates. This trend is getting so obvious this year, and it's getting worse and worse.

#7 Kaizy

Kaizy

Original Potatoe

• Members
  • 1110 posts
  • LocationPLAYING LEAGUE OF LEGENDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSS
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:cal'smom

Posted 07 July 2011 - 02:11 PM

The only way they will learn is if you quit and convince everyone else you know to quit as well. Why should they care about making new content when they're still making a decent buck from people that continue to play and support the IM (directly or indirectly). If they can continue to make money by doing as little work as possible, they're not going to be motivated to put time and effort into major new content (that isn't IM).

I think most people have tried to reason with the devs and have suggested many good ideas but it just doesn't work. The only thing they're going to listen to is the bottom line.

#8 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 02:19 PM

Anyone notice how the precius IM has SKY HIGH prices right now? 340m for a sagi, 90m for a skill reset,

#9 PoopsMcgee

PoopsMcgee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1372 posts
  • LocationSitting On Top Of The World
  • Server:The one that always DC's

Posted 07 July 2011 - 02:27 PM

The only way they will learn is if you quit and convince everyone else you know to quit as well. Why should they care about making new content when they're still making a decent buck from people that continue to play and support the IM (directly or indirectly). If they can continue to make money by doing as little work as possible, they're not going to be motivated to put time and effort into major new content (that isn't IM).

I think most people have tried to reason with the devs and have suggested many good ideas but it just doesn't work. The only thing they're going to listen to is the bottom line.

+1 if I had some left. Sadly this is what I think as well.

#10 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts
  • LocationInside of every dimension like a virus.
  • Server:SpaceFabric

Posted 07 July 2011 - 02:57 PM

Anyone notice how the precius IM has SKY HIGH prices right now? 340m for a sagi, 90m for a skill reset,

Prices on IM finally caught up to draconis on leonis?

Draconis can expect prices to start jumping again...

S> 50m per 100 :waddle:

#11 Mullemaus

Mullemaus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • LocationSore wa himitsu desu ^^

Posted 07 July 2011 - 03:09 PM

One of the main reasons im not participating in this years Summer Event is cuz they're forcing us either to buy IM medals to get the Mats needed for the Event (when u only have higher Lvl chars of course) or make another Char/Rose Account/WarpPortal Account. Sorry... but atm this is beyond being annoying.
Right now all im doin is farming for Mats (because it seems no one is picking their drops and selling them to shops anymore -.-), crafting and vending. And all of this is beginning to bore the hell outta me. What I don't get is what they expect will happen if more PPL leave coz of the lack of actual new (FREE) content.
Fact is: If too many PPL leave they'll have probably less income thru IM. Aren't they intelligent enough to realize that???

#12 FeedisArti

FeedisArti

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 678 posts
  • LocationLeeuwarden

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:02 PM

Endless discussion. However awesome arguments. No dev will ever reply to this, so it feels useless making these topics - not to be mistaken that this is the absolute truth. I have a feeling they will ignore everything even more for a year and when the player base is SO low they will realize their mistake. With some last update they will try to keep the remainder of the players but lets face it.. they won't have anything but a few IM costumes with a layer of dust on them. I hate being negative even though all the things above have to be said. The game can be so great but you are really ruining it (zep!) We only want the best for our game!

#13 lBlu

lBlu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:16 PM

Imbalanced, and a lot of times players are made to pay for the mistake of the devs. They get banned/suspended for bugs, mostly on events. These players won't even come back anymore once their attention is on something else. I don't know if they're doing this intentionally but in Draconis it's evident that a lot of players have already quit or moved to Leonis. Not too many people to play with anymore and its getting boring.

#14 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:29 PM

Imbalanced, and a lot of times players are made to pay for the mistake of the devs. They get banned/suspended for bugs, mostly on events. These players won't even come back anymore once their attention is on something else. I don't know if they're doing this intentionally but in Draconis it's evident that a lot of players have already quit or moved to Leonis. Not too many people to play with anymore and its getting boring.

tbh; I don't care how many people say it- or how many times it is said; I don't believe Draconis is dieing.

have we lost some players? Sure. But I think for every one person that leaves, more then 2 people join the sever.

There is reason why my clan leader focus's on assisting noob; and It's not just because she likes helping people... It's not like I'm saying she has an evil hidden agenda; She likes to show that there are nice people in this community, and some people are here to help, and by supporting a noobie she is encouraging players to stay and actively play the game (although she might be a little oblivious to these facts, it's true)

Zep has stated that their player base is "higher then ever" and so are their IM sales... And I believe this, regardless of people saying Hai, look more shops in this picture means a higher player base.

Less people vending doesn't necessarily = less people playing.

Edited by CaNehDa, 07 July 2011 - 04:33 PM.

#15 LordAlbion

LordAlbion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:43 PM

I iz amazed this thread is still here....

LP is blunt , as usual, (and right) but you gotta give her points for hanging in there.

Just imagine how much MORE money they would make if they stopped pissing us off....

#16 ChampPower

ChampPower

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 July 2011 - 05:31 PM

I, too, think that they force us to make new char and new account to participate in the event. Event should be the opportunity for anyone to participate regardless of level and zulie, but it is not the way with this game. Take this event for example, you can't get to a certain place unless you are high level, but you can't get the required material if you are high level. This is like they tell us to look left and right at the same time. The only way around this problem is for us to either buy the IM medal or make a new char. If we don't do it, we can't participate on this event. This certainly isn't friendly for us, players, to choice between a rock and a hard place.

Edited by ChampPower, 07 July 2011 - 05:48 PM.

#17 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 05:40 PM

I, too, think that they force us to make new char and new account to participate in the event. Event should be the opportunity for anyone to participate regardless, but it is not the way with this game. Take this event for example, you can't get to a certain place unless you are high level, but you can't get the required material if you are high level. This is like they tell us to look left and right at the same time. The only way around this problem is for us to either buy the IM medal or make a new char. If we don't do it, we can't participate on this event. This certainly isn't friendly of us, players, to choice between a rock and a hard place.

But you can set up a shop in the place where these items drop buying them... That works too no? (iunno about the leaves, but the crawfie tails should work pretty quickly...)

#18 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 06:00 PM

I iz amazed this thread is still here....

LP is blunt , as usual, (and right) but you gotta give her points for hanging in there.

Just imagine how much MORE money they would make if they stopped pissing us off....

Well you can totally see what they're doing...they have pissed a ton of people off who have in turn left. That caused a drop in revenue so now they're forced to pound us mercilessly with weekly item mall junk in order to make up for the drop off. Before, they could rely on sheer numbers of people buying item mall...lets say 1 out of 10 purchased IM as a rough figure. Now they can't rely on 1 in 10 people buying item mall anymore because 100s of people have left. Instead they're trying to get 3 in 10(just sample numbers) to get item mall since there really isn't anything else to do in the game other than collect low quality, high volume item mall crap. It certainly looks to me like they're doing a quantity over quality thing.

Sadly, if they hadn't done that ridiculous xp/drops screw up 5 months ago...or had backed off and fixed it before leaving it to anger every single person in the game, I doubt we would be in this predicament. The longer this goes on, it sure looks like that update was the nail in the coffin of our precious little game. Most of us don't even bother trying to "farm" orlo as the drops are still ridiculous. There isn't enough hermes or enthiric or many other necesssary mats in the game and nothing will ever be done to fix it because item mall means everything and regular free content means nothing to the devs now.

You sure don't see jROSE doing the kinds of things our developers do. It's like they value the opinions of their players more than their Yen. *surprised look*

#19 pimpthomy

pimpthomy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1133 posts
  • Location-

Posted 07 July 2011 - 06:26 PM

Welcome to the new rose where there is so little new content that they need to make the old content so impossible to get what you need that it FORCES you to play in order to get something. (some of the epics, quests that force people who are 220 to have to make new email addresses/open up new accounts to get materials 100% necessary to participate in event quests)

Gotta keep the programers coding item mall crap, so they make other things so you need to spend 2-3 mind numbing months on the mining the same thing.

It's ok though...by the shrinking numbers of players in the game it's inherently obvious that the dev's stupidity is getting repaid to the game by shrinking revenues.

WOW, what I wouldn't pay to speak to the level of management higher than the game managers who look at the overall numbers of what each game brings in to gravity. 2 minutes of informing how the developers have all but driven this game into the ground with their shortsightedness/inability to make customers happy. So many simple fixes ignored in favor of the item mall crap that has driven hundreds of players away probably permanently into the arms of other games. At least before when there were more players the greed of the game programmers was somewhat hidden in a much more even division of item mall to REAL content. Now that there are so few players, the item mall crap is pounded at us mercilessly and repeatedly until I just want to scream. I've started to fear even LOOKING at the new update notes as I know it will be dominated by more and more item mall CRAP. Seriously...I don't even look anymore as it's like a broken record that keeps skipping...ITEM MALL..ZIIIIPP....ITEM MALL....ZIIIIP...ITEM MALL....ZIIIIIP...ITEM MALL.....ZIIIIIP...ITEM MALL.

Worst of all, the story line has been left behind in a smoldering useless pile with a bunch of crap that has no right or reason to be in the game. Bot costumes? Gambling Spins for outfits with rocket boosters on the back? etc etc etc.

gg Rose dev's!

you should take a break...

#20 bluehell

bluehell

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1603 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:05 PM

you should take a break...

I sure as hell dont think she should. She is absolutely right. Sometimes I think a freaking 2 year old runs the game. They think they need to add more and more item mall... Oh maybe they will spend their money on something if they think its cool enough... NO! Its because there is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY...
too much item mall updates. People dont want to spend their hard earned money on a game that is going nowhere. Rather than having a 80% item mall/20% actual game update have 80% actual game/20% item mall. You will see that your sales are up. I mean look at this, back 4 years ago, tons of people were joining the game, and you guys were thriving. The community managers say there is 2 seperate developing teams. 1 for item mall, 1 for the actual game. MY :waddle: If there was, then i suggest you fire the people who develop the actual game because apparently they are fat lazy.... ill stop there. Do the Dev's actually look at the forum? If they did maybe they would figure it the heck out. Right now I think its time to fire the 2 year old, and hire a 5 year old, cus he could do a heck of a lot better.

#21 noXname

noXname

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:20 PM

i do agree with some things but the main idea i do agree is this game has way to many Im updates it could be the effeict of no1 buying as they use to so they made boxes but come on give use somthing new in the game rather then Im

#22 Stompage

Stompage

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:26 PM

ive played since oldschool rose. old.school.rose.

back then it was acually legit and awesome because, it was? anyone who played back then would know. there was TONS of players. and the huge boss in the forest, damn that tree was huge, there wuld be 100 people trying to kill it, thats how populated it was. there was 3 servers usually always full. now they degraded to 1 because they didnt need the other 2, now they added draconis. not sure how thats goin, but leonis is dying.

and the price inflation is rediculous. 400M for a sagi? 200M for skill reset? WTF!?!?!?!? like a year ago, 50M for sago and 20M for skill reset.

these devs are gibbled. they dont see that theyre only making everything IM. soon you will need to start paying to unlock content -.-

i started playing again after a 2 month break and saw people running around with....TRANSFORMER ARMOR? WTF? do they honestly work on these things rather than new worlds and content? honestly, its ROSE. RUSH ON SEVEN EPISODES. seven. not three. were are the other 4 planets? its been like...5 years now?

#23 TangoBaby86

TangoBaby86

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • LocationArumic Vally
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:27 PM

I've contemplated leaving this game because it depresses me to play when it should cause enjoyment. Fortunately for them, my clan resides on this version of ROSE...for now... I too have begun to dread looking at the updates or even logging in due to the recent decline of people on the Draconis server.

Maybe it would do some good to find the head honchos of Gravity and explain to them what they're paying these devs for (making customers rage quit and lose revenue due to lousy content maybe?).

my feelings exactly. perhaps they need to hire some research people to figure out where they went wrong. not like they will listen to their customers, paying or otherwise. then said research people can come read the forums, and tell them devs, and their supervisors, exactly what we all have been saying for months. put the dang drop tables back to what they were pre march plz ty.

#24 lBlu

lBlu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:14 PM

Well you can totally see what they're doing...they have pissed a ton of people off who have in turn left. That caused a drop in revenue so now they're forced to pound us mercilessly with weekly item mall junk in order to make up for the drop off. Before, they could rely on sheer numbers of people buying item mall...lets say 1 out of 10 purchased IM as a rough figure. Now they can't rely on 1 in 10 people buying item mall anymore because 100s of people have left. Instead they're trying to get 3 in 10(just sample numbers) to get item mall since there really isn't anything else to do in the game other than collect low quality, high volume item mall crap. It certainly looks to me like they're doing a quantity over quality thing.

Sadly, if they hadn't done that ridiculous xp/drops screw up 5 months ago...or had backed off and fixed it before leaving it to anger every single person in the game, I doubt we would be in this predicament. The longer this goes on, it sure looks like that update was the nail in the coffin of our precious little game. Most of us don't even bother trying to "farm" orlo as the drops are still ridiculous. There isn't enough hermes or enthiric or many other necesssary mats in the game and nothing will ever be done to fix it because item mall means everything and regular free content means nothing to the devs now.

You sure don't see jROSE doing the kinds of things our developers do. It's like they value the opinions of their players more than their Yen. *surprised look*

I agree. Been hunting in orlo for more than a month now and all I got are 3 hermes and 9 lisent Us. Great. Just great. Not even 1 F'ing epic. Good job. You see some people running around with these items and you just think it's unfair for some who are trying so hard to get it now but can't now because it just won't drop. Instead, bosses drop blue craps I don't even need. At least make it materials that can be useful for crafting or other purposes.

And yah. Inflation is just ridiculous. I've seen prices go up more than triple in a span of days.

#25 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:59 PM

And yah. Inflation is just ridiculous. I've seen prices go up more than triple in a span of days.

Inflation is going to happen; its not necessarily as a result of the drop table changes...

Wanna know why lets say... Gem7 inflation happens?

People get an idea;

The idea is that they want to take over a market, lets say; Gems for example...

There is a few ways to do it, but the easiest and most sensible way is to farm the matts, farm lots of it. Farm enough for about 100 grade7 gems, have on the side about 100b-200b zullie(minimal);

Buy the matts higher then everyone else buying, keep this shop open for at least a week(a month would be best), make sure your prices are ALWAYS higher then your compitition; (your best bet is to have multiple buy shops spread out junon, and in zant)
Then buy out all the gem7's on the market, keep buying out the market for as long as it takes for people to realize that they can't keep grade7 gems in their shops at the price they've been selling at, prices will now raise;

You've just created inflation,

Now that prices have raised people will start buying the matts at a higher price, it's time to make sure that your buy shop is still higher then everyone else

Your going to have to keep this drought up for as long as you financially can; You can even set up shops buying grade7 gems to make your drought easier. Now lets say you've managed to keep up this drought for 1 month, the prices should have tippled, if not quadrupled. In order to keep yourself safe from other crafters making gem7's you're going to have to keep your buy shops open; and you can start to sell off your gems at whatever the market prices has been at. (making back a whole lot of zullie)

The rich get richer, the poor get poorer.

Inflation cannot be stopped.

Edited by CaNehDa, 07 July 2011 - 10:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users