#1 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 11 July 2011 - 11:54 PM

After 6 years of playing this game I am FINALLY making a scout.

I would like to see varying peoples advice on stat points/what skills to get for both PVP/PVM builds?

I know that some people are all crazy about protecting their build information but i'd love to see debates on varying builds etc?

Hugs and Kisses will be distributed to people that help me. Hrmmm maybe some other little trinkets too. :P

#2 iRon

iRon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1120 posts
  • Location[NL] Flevoland

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:11 AM

i made an scout few months ago to.
it actually sucks big. but i think if you have a perfectly good build, you might can kill champs to.
i lost from a champ chiv 10 and i whas full chiv raptor 15 + epic bow 11.
when that happened i rage quitted my scout and went back on my champ.

stats.
400 dex ?
rest con ?

skill build.
skill build is very easy.
first learn and max every skill but not the mp passive's
when you have learned every skill you can now learn and max the mp passive's

as for gear i think the best option is chivalrous raptor..
and i think it is stronger to be an ''crossbow scout''

i dont know much of scouts to but this is what other people told me.
btw : i whas not a crossbow scout.

#3 tythemuss

tythemuss

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1112 posts
  • Server:Leonis / Draco

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:27 AM

Pvp scout build
350 dex rest con, or 350 dex 150 str rest con
Best armor would be chiv then glor then prec get all those maxed to 15, umm epic wep coz itsgot more acc, more aspd and more dr. ummm skills would have 2 b either all the skill tree 4 scout but only 1 on stealth and 1 on de cloak or all skills but u also have dr buff from hawker build

Edited by tythemuss, 12 July 2011 - 12:28 AM.

#4 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 10:25 AM

For Lv.220

Regular skill build (recommended)
-learn everything in Common Tab
-learn everything in Bow Tab, but Lv.1 soul discipline and Lv.1 backpack training
-learn everything in Scout Tab, but Lv.1 soul current and Lv.1 camouflage (the lower the level the better it is)
-you will have 1 SP leftover

PvP skill build (not recommended)
-learn everything in Bow Tab, no mana profit no soul discipline no backpack training
-learn Lv.4 Mirror Phantasm and all the pre-requisite
-learn everything in Scout Tab, no call hawk, no Aimed Triple Arrow, no mana flow, no soul current and Lv.1 camouflage
-you will have 0 SP leftover
-it's all about the mirror phantasm, in Union War you will not use it because it needs a dual sword to use and switch back to bow, it is just for head-on self buff PvP, and you need to give up so many good stuff, so it's definitely not recommend

My stat is 325DEX 325CON 90SEN, no matter how you amplify your melee attack performance through tanzanite, peridot, diamond, you will end up spamming skills, because scout attack speed is horrible. It's a KS and support class in Union War not a full offensive class. A (15) bow is all you need the rest of the armor (10) is enough. Unless you want to cash in your scout a lot, getting all (15) and tank out of everything, but u are not gonna accomplish anything in Union War if you are slow, getting chain stun then mute and die, so just keep your distance from big mob and KS KS KS when it's time.

Edited by DestinyDeoxys, 12 July 2011 - 10:31 AM.

#5 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:14 PM

So other people agree with Desiny's advice on the skills?

#6 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:27 PM

Yes, there isnt a whole lot to do with a scout, no variablility anyway.

the build in total are

Bow
DEX, CON, SEN [AP,dodge,acc, crit]
DEX, SEN, CON [AP,dodge,crit, acc]

Bowgun
STR, CON [AP, HP, acc]
STR, CON, DEX [AP+, HP, dodge]
STR, CON, SEN [AP, HP, acc, Crit]
STR, SEN, CON [AP, HP, crit, acc]
STR, CON, SEN, DEX [-AP, -HP, dodge, acc, crit]
STR, DEX, CON, SEN [-AP, -HP, dodge, -crit, +acc]
STR, DEX, SEN, CON [-AP, -HP, dodge, +crit, -acc]
'this is the most versatile bow class, far more options for scout/bowguns.'

as far as Skill Destiny hit that right on the nose.

Edited by Feuer, 13 July 2011 - 03:52 PM.

#7 TwiliteGarden

TwiliteGarden

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1308 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 13 July 2011 - 03:43 PM

After 6 years of playing this game I am FINALLY making a scout.

I would like to see varying peoples advice on stat points/what skills to get for both PVP/PVM builds?

I know that some people are all crazy about protecting their build information but i'd love to see debates on varying builds etc?

Hugs and Kisses will be distributed to people that help me. Hrmmm maybe some other little trinkets too. :D

First you go to the Item Mall and buy the bow AP and Aspeed skills. Then you buy EXP tickets from the Item Mall. Then you get teleport tickets from the Item Mall so you can get around easy. Then you buy the special food from the Item Mall so you don't die as often. Don't forget to buy a noob level set of armor from the Item Mall. And if you mess up your skills and stats you can always buy resets from the Item Mall. Make sure you setup your character to look pretty by using Item Mall salon coupons. Then start killing in Adv. Plains. :)

#8 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 13 July 2011 - 03:51 PM

First you go to the Item Mall and buy the bow AP and Aspeed skills. Then you buy EXP tickets from the Item Mall. Then you get teleport tickets from the Item Mall so you can get around easy. Then you buy the special food from the Item Mall so you don't die as often. Don't forget to buy a noob level set of armor from the Item Mall. And if you mess up your skills and stats you can always buy resets from the Item Mall. Make sure you setup your character to look pretty by using Item Mall salon coupons. Then start killing in Adv. Plains. :D

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA xD!!! +1

#9 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:03 PM

First you go to the Item Mall and buy the bow AP and Aspeed skills. Then you buy EXP tickets from the Item Mall. Then you get teleport tickets from the Item Mall so you can get around easy. Then you buy the special food from the Item Mall so you don't die as often. Don't forget to buy a noob level set of armor from the Item Mall. And if you mess up your skills and stats you can always buy resets from the Item Mall. Make sure you setup your character to look pretty by using Item Mall salon coupons. Then start killing in Adv. Plains. :)

You forgot to buy the plutorunes and venurunes from the item mall to make your gear refined perfectly, to buy your cart/cart rockets so you can drive and drive faster to your destination and buy your re-roll hammers so you can make your gear have perfect stats. :D

#10 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:34 PM

Don't forget the Item Mall has reserved a spot on Weapon tab for a reason, 4 out of 5 tabs are not even opened yet, stay tune for more exciting Item Mall content! It's not only the 120 weapon released like a year ago, I believe we have more and more coming. :D

#11 Sathanas

Sathanas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 745 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 13 July 2011 - 05:37 PM

Scouts are just fire support in union war unless you have some seriously badass gear...I always pick on clerics or raiders that i know have lower dodge than the rest as they will take decent damage from scouts..I see a champ coming cloack and GTFO xD THey are seriously underpowered vs anything with a decent amount of def.

#12 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 06:59 PM

Scouts are just fire support in union war unless you have some seriously badass gear...I always pick on clerics or raiders that i know have lower dodge than the rest as they will take decent damage from scouts..I see a champ coming cloack and GTFO xD THey are seriously underpowered vs anything with a decent amount of def.

Sounds like they need another stun?

#13 PigGoesQuack

PigGoesQuack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 749 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:01 PM

I hope you enjoi scout, I am making one too! We might level sometime!

#14 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:14 PM

I hope you enjoi scout, I am making one too! We might level sometime!

It's my absolute first scout/raider. I've never made any type of solider either. :)

Nice signature...are you able to photoshop? I've always wanted a nice pretty signature but couldn't photoshop to save my life. :D

#15 Callmedude

Callmedude

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:27 PM

Lv 220 scout

Stat: Dex 320. Cons 341

Get all the gears and buff sets as you can..

For UW i think dodge set would be better..in my opinion survival is essential in uw..Whats the point playing in UW if you keep killed by other player

As for champion issues..Do not HEAD ON them..play a little hit and run tactic..Although they are tough, but they are not fast in running anymore..run around a bit when they turn back by deciding not to after you, turn back hit their butts again

Never HEAD ON a champion..Even your gear is way more better than them, you have risk to die

#16 PigGoesQuack

PigGoesQuack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 749 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:39 PM

It's my absolute first scout/raider. I've never made any type of solider either. :)

Nice signature...are you able to photoshop? I've always wanted a nice pretty signature but couldn't photoshop to save my life. :D

The signature was made by Oerba, so if you want one contact her. As for the class, it's a pretty simple and straight forward class to play, I think you will enjoi it! GL see ya in game!

#17 zanzou

zanzou

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:17 PM

I have also been thinking about making a bow scout... but kinda union war only :D
my thoughts on it:

- I want to do damage
- I want to be able to run away
-> hit and run

dex: 337 con: 325 -> 1 point left
or
dex: 381 con: 272 -> 1 point left
or
dex: 397 con: 248 -> 0 points left
(according to rescudo's stat calc)

items:
luminous gloves -> 88 dmg
luminous headgear -> 45 dmg
-> set bonus 100 mspeed
precious chest -> 100 mspeed + sagi or d7 or ?
precious shoes -> 50 mspeed
-> set bonus 135 dodge, 10 con

lava set with 40 movement speed and 60 dodge or sagi or d7 or ?

piercing arch, unique 200 bow d7, sagi or dunno what (40mspeed/60dodge ":D")

skills:

Regular skill build (recommended)
-learn everything in Bow Tab, but Lv.1 soul discipline and Lv.1 backpack training
-learn everything in Scout Tab, but Lv.1 soul current and Lv.1 camouflage (the lower the level the better it is)
-you will have 1 SP leftover

though I am not so sure about "Call Hawk"... wouldn't it be better to max soul discipline and soul current and only give the hawk 2 points?
I am thinking about lack of mana or is that not an issue with a scout?

Also, is critical(sen) needed? I remember reading smth that it doesn't work in pvp or so... not sure on that one though. It would change the stats a bit x)

Any suggestions?

edit:
-face: mask of lies 60dodge/40mspeed
-back: eudy fairy wing 60dodge/40mspeed

Edited by zanzou, 14 July 2011 - 09:19 PM.

#18 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:28 PM

Default amount of SEN would be bad, little amount doesn't cost you much.
Also, with Lv.1 soul discipline and Lv.1 soul current, you will never ever have MP problem. But without both of them, you might have trouble.

#19 zanzou

zanzou

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:36 PM

Alright, so skills as you suggested before.
But what about sen. Does critical work in PvP or why is it bad to not increase it at all?

#20 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:47 PM

To be honest SEN doesn't really work in PvP, but I'm saying at least put in some not like 0SEN.

#21 zanzou

zanzou

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:12 PM

hmm, well here are some possibilities with sen:

dex:  380 373 352 346 344 337 313
con:  256 269 296 303 305 313 337
sen:   90  90  90  90  91  90  90
rest:   1   1   1   1   0   0   0

Could you elaborate on the "sen/critical in pvp"-issue please?

#22 Dusk1PS

Dusk1PS

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1355 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 15 July 2011 - 06:36 AM

Most of the above posts got it right, Scouts really don't do well vs. many armored classes.
Unless you're much better geared then your opponent.

Their job really is to be support damage instead of main damage.

But they are meant to be a Scout...like locating enemy and reporting location.
Their actions in fight really is either to help kill someone or pick off the weaker ones with ambushes.

In terms of skills, you will need to learn how to hit and run. Their skills do a lot of damage, its just they need to juggle between Skill Damage and Regular Hits.

Their skills actually do have a good POW in them, which is part of their problem. But when you skill, you're wasting the ability to shoot regular arrows(which do hurt as well).

You have to know the balance between when to stun/slow/poison/skill shots and the timing of Regular hits inbetween each.

Where they differ from another range class like GunBourg(which is almost similar, minus the cloak) is bourgs don't have awesome skill attacks to bombard their opponents with and that makes the choice of shooting their regular shooting attacks better over their skill damage.

Scout's don't have that luxary since both their regular hits and Skill hits hurt(and debateable which is better). It's hard to know how to do the damage right. Skill attacks take longer(due to animation) but could add a lot of beneficial debuffs on an enemy, but their regular hits are better for damage over time.

In terms of skills, theres not many choices in their tree.

In terms of stats, it depends on how you want that Scout to be.

In terms of gears, it is based on what type of build you want your Scout as.

Hope this was insightful.

Edited by Dusk1PS, 15 July 2011 - 06:50 AM.

#23 paLDube

paLDube

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 696 posts
  • Locationheaven
  • Server:leonis

Posted 15 July 2011 - 08:01 PM

in my opinion. scout is a most balance of all the offensive class,
i would suggest to stick to a bow, xbow is not really appropriate in a scout even though scout is the one should be the "master of all bows".
So i would not suggest to use xbow, cause it eat a lot of str. Str is not really needed on a scout..

as for stats, dont overdo your con, 300 to 315 is pretty decent imo. and concentrate to dex, then alittle sen and str. up to you how you divide the left stat points from str and sen.

for gears; scout and raider has a most the same gears, but not buffset, my raider and scout has a different buffset but the same gear. and i recomend you to +15 all your gears but
i see that its not hard for you to obtain +15 gears.

for skills; dont worry about it, you can get all the necessary skills,
call hawk/call beast i would suggest dont get it if you were prefering for uw/pvp but for leveling its a big help.

but if call hawk/beast can help to your strategy in uw/pvp, you decide =)

im not gonna tell all the details cause it would be too boring for you if you know it all in one click but i think most of the post here already told it.

just a hint; hp+dodge+ap = ownage!(base on my experience) crit is alittle helpful sometimes.

goodluck to your scout.
=)

#24 Callmedude

Callmedude

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 03:13 AM

But they are meant to be a Scout...like locating enemy and reporting location.

Everybody can do that..Just watch your map that contain red smiley face and you know where are the enemies..so function of skill does not work

#25 Dusk1PS

Dusk1PS

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1355 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 17 July 2011 - 04:41 AM

Everybody can do that..Just watch your map that contain red smiley face and you know where are the enemies..so function of skill does not work

I meant running ahead and scouting your enemies position ahead of the main group. Anyone can look at a mini-map obviously.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users