44 replies to this topic

#1 Conjure

Conjure

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:05 PM

For Warlock

+9 Skull Cap of caster with +11 Thorn Staff v/s +9 COD of caster with +11 Staff of Destruction (Which is better)

+9 Skull cap gives 8% Matk
+9 COD gives 10% Matk + int 4 and 10% reduced variable cast time.

+11 SOD gives 280 Matk + 77 Matk = 357Matk +int 3 +5%matk for upgrade
+11 Thorn staff gives 160 +77 Matk +110 Matk =347Matk +int 3 and dex +3 and if worn by skull cap it reduce cast time by 10% of all skill.

wearing Skull cap with thorn staff gives to wear sheild as well as something at middle like robo eyes which gives extra 2% matk
Thorn staff even bypass Mdef to magic attack as well as reduce cast delay.

Where as SOD just reduce cast delay of amp by 50%

So according to my view point Skull cap with Thorn staff better then COD with SOD if you manage to get the Thorn staff to +12 it is best and no comparison to COD with SOD

I need even others view point. Lets discuss about it

Edited by Conjure, 18 July 2011 - 09:08 PM.

#2 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:26 PM

Depends on what you mean "Best for..."

That isn't exactly correct about the +9 CoD either.

+9 CoD = 20% Variable Cast time reduction with an extra 5% reduction to cast delay as well as: +4 Int, +2 Def, +15 Mdef, Matk+10%

If you want maximum damage potential as a Warlock(Assuming both the SoD and Thorn Staff are +11), I'd recommend a +9 CoD with KK card in it coupled with that +11 SoD.

If you want versatility, a +11 Thorn Staff allows you to equip a shield as well as a middle headgear. In this case, you can equip an Isilla carded mid-headgear to make up for the lost Int compared to wearing the CoD. Or use the Robo Eyes you mentioned.

Best in terms of versatility would indeed be with the +11 Thorn Staff and +9 Skull Cap of Caster. If you're talking about maximum damage potential as a Warlock, +9 CoD of Caster with +11 SoD works best.

Also keep in mind that a SoD has a slot. Future reference says there's new cards coming out that add +Matk?

Edited by GuardianTK, 18 July 2011 - 10:05 PM.

#3 Conjure

Conjure

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:45 PM

Depends on what you mean "Best for..."

That isn't exactly correct about the +9 CoD either.

+9 CoD = 20% Variable Cast time reduction with an extra 5% reduction to cast delay as well as: +4 Int, +2 Def, +15 Mdef

If you want maximum damage potential as a Warlock(Assuming both the SoD and Thorn Staff are +11), I'd recommend a +9 CoD with KK card in it coupled with that +11 SoD.

If you want versatility, a +11 Thorn Staff allows you to equip a shield as well as a middle headgear. In this case, you can equip an Isilla carded mid-headgear to make up for the lost Int compared to wearing the CoD. Or use the Robo Eyes you mentioned.

Best in terms of versatility would indeed be with the +11 Thorn Staff and +9 Skull Cap of Caster. If you're talking about maximum damage potential as a Warlock, +9 CoD of Caster with +11 SoD works best.

Also keep in mind that a SoD has a slot. Future reference says there's new cards coming out that add +Matk?

SO i think better to have both the sets

#4 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:55 PM

SO i think better to have both the sets

Pretty much. Just save the +11 SoD for when this card comes out.

#5 Conjure

Conjure

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 10:01 PM

Pretty much. Just save the +11 SoD for when this card comes out.

But that card which you have specified is for armour and its mvp card

Edited by Conjure, 18 July 2011 - 10:03 PM.

#6 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 10:04 PM

But that card which you have specified is for armour and its mvp card

Oh well...I heard there's some card to add matk to weapons. I forgot what that was. I simply remembered about the Ent card just now. xD

Oh I almost forgot, +9 CoD is +10% matk. :V

Edited by GuardianTK, 18 July 2011 - 10:05 PM.

#7 Unglued

Unglued

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 July 2011 - 11:08 PM

Oh well...I heard there's some card to add matk to weapons. I forgot what that was. I simply remembered about the Ent card just now. xD

Oh I almost forgot, +9 CoD is +10% matk. :V

Perhaps u guys talking about Zakudam card (+10% MAtk against Demihuman)?

#8 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 11:14 PM

Perhaps u guys talking about Zakudam card (+10% MAtk against Demihuman)?

Hmm...That might be it. I can't remember too clearly. I swear it was flat +Matk instead of a % card like that.

#9 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:29 AM

As I posted on forums...

+10 Thorn SoS with +9 Skull Cap w/ HW card is:

+10%matk, -19% cast time reduction & -10% after cast delay reduction if I'm not mistaken...

meanwhile...

+10 SoD & +9 CoD w/HW Card:

+17% matk, -29% cast time reduction & -5% after cast delay reduction...

The bonus point is that SoD is slotted... you can add any +%matk card that is available or will be... %matk will be always better than +matk for average Warlocks... unless your total matk is less than 100matk

Then again, it depends in what you feel more comfortable with and what are you planning to do with the Warlock.

Edited by Wizard, 19 July 2011 - 07:33 AM.

#10 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:43 AM

^How does it compare in woe with 2 handed kvm glorious sod?

#11 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:05 AM

In WoE, KvM SoD will be superior at +9 to any +12 or less SoD w/o Zakudam card in it...

Depending on your matk base, +12 SoD w/ Zakudam and +12 KvM SoD difference will be of +16~+25 matk depending on your matk bas matk... it will vary because there's no a set matk for Warlocks... everything will depend on how well your stats are distribute...

Edited by Wizard, 19 July 2011 - 08:07 AM.

#12 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:59 AM

I agree accept one thing, and I see it a lot now that a lot of people have got skull caps.

I play a sorcerer, It is easier to lvl and party with a CoD set (which actually I use kronos to get better damage). If you are leveling a sorc this is better.
The speed of Wave is horrible slow and most parties will have everything killed before you can even cast if you dont have a cod.

Either way end game you should end up with a skull cap combo.

#13 eerie

eerie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 700 posts
  • LocationNorthern California
  • Server:RIP: Valkyrie

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:11 PM

MATK on Renewal Cards

So what happens to all the KK users when Rata starts showing up frequently? :bang:

Edited by eerie, 30 November 2011 - 12:14 PM.

#14 sayoko

sayoko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 590 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:18 PM

skull cap set its pathetic....... considering the whole new sets coming for warlock, wich makes a big joke the skull cap and thorn staff, ALSO i already tested with a sorc, and the cronos+8 deals more damage than a +12thorn staff set..... BUT the staff its sloted and lets you use shield.. but shield its usless when you want to deal a good damage.

In case of psychic wave, all its about INT and %%%, since matk status doenst matter at all in the formula......

#15 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts
  • LocationSan Diego California

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:19 PM

I disagree I used both combos and I play sorcerer and found that the cod with kk and a +12 thorn staff works best for cast and dmg with a + for being able to wear a shield it is nice to be able to cast faster and be able to get more skills off as a source and in order to have instant cast like I have u need a cod kk

#16 sayoko

sayoko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 590 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:22 PM

I disagree I used both combos and I play sorcerer and found that the cod with kk and a +12 thorn staff works best for cast and dmg with a + for being able to wear a shield it is nice to be able to cast faster and be able to get more skills off as a source and in order to have instant cast like I have u need a cod kk

do you want to test? i will be at pvp room izlude, valk server, you will learn to dont trol in a magic post :bang:

#17 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:34 PM

The auto jupitel thunder on SoD is just annoying since the mystical amplified spell can be screwed up by it. TSoD is much more flexible and reliable in PvM.

#18 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts
  • LocationSan Diego California

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:25 PM

do you want to test? i will be at pvp room izlude, valk server, you will learn to dont trol in a magic post :bang:

Sorry was not trolling. And I am in pvp everyday having fun I'm up for any challange especially a sorce battle
Btw what's u ign

Edited by miliardo, 30 November 2011 - 04:11 PM.

#19 kentoriyama

kentoriyama

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:36 PM

MATK on Renewal Cards

So what happens to all the KK users when Rata starts showing up frequently? :bang:

Nothing, it doesn't stack with secrament.

#20 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:14 PM

skull cap set its pathetic....... considering the whole new sets coming for warlock, wich makes a big joke the skull cap and thorn staff, ALSO i already tested with a sorc, and the cronos+8 deals more damage than a +12thorn staff set..... BUT the staff its sloted and lets you use shield.. but shield its usless when you want to deal a good damage.

In case of psychic wave, all its about INT and %%%, since matk status doenst matter at all in the formula......

The new sets may be good for one spell but are inflexible.

What is slotted? Kronos? TSOD?

Being dead before you can even deal damage is even more useless.

Switch weapons with different matk and then cast pwave.

#21 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:49 PM

Kronos and Thorn Staff of Darkness do not have slots on them. Posted Image

Unless you're talking about Staff of Destruction[1], which cannot be equipped by Sorcerers in the first place.

#22 candyZ

candyZ

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 544 posts
  • LocationMother Earth
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 01 December 2011 - 02:50 AM

The bonus point is that SoD is slotted... you can add any +%matk card that is available or will be... %matk will be always better than +matk for average Warlocks... unless your total matk is less than 100matk

Then again, it depends in what you feel more comfortable with and what are you planning to do with the Warlock.

This^ and some ppl trying to get rid of their skull cap combo at insane price lately

Edited by candyZ, 01 December 2011 - 02:51 AM.

#23 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 04:19 AM

MATK on Renewal Cards

Nothing...

Rata Card is not as good as HW card... why? simple... Rata adds +10matk and chance to reduce -50% fixed cast time... with our After Cast Delay for most of our spells as Warlocks, even if you trigger that effect, you won't be able to use it... if you have strings around, you might as well have Sacrament and Rata's eff doesn't stack with it.... and +10matk is near visible for most spells...

Meanwhile... KK card adds +2%matk and reduces Variable Cast time in %upgrade... +2%matk will depend in your +matk but that amount can increase depending on how good you can play with your stats... usually +2%matk is around ~+16matk and such since is not a fixed but variable amount and it stacks with your other +%matk from gears... also %upgrade reduction on variable cast time stacks with other reduction as well... so it's more useful since fixed cast time reduction doesn't stack at all...

#24 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 01 December 2011 - 07:24 AM

I wouldn't argue with Haseo when it comes to formulas. He's too pro at Warlocks. =P He thought me everything I know. :bang:

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 01 December 2011 - 07:24 AM.

#25 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:49 AM

Rata's still a good card for a slotted mid headgear though. You don't necessarily have to have one when you can wear both. Though I'm speaking on perspective of the Skull Cap and TSoD combo here. Haseo's probably just talking about a +9 or above KK carded CoD[1] in combination with SoD[1]'s.

Rata card's more for those who use the +9 KK Skull Cap and TSoD combos. Just card it into a BFG[1].

It's no question though, for the highest damage output on a Warlock the +9 or above CoD[1] with SoD[1]'s are the best.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users