MVP cards and their usefulness/value - Game Discussions (archived) - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

MVP cards and their usefulness/value

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

#1 Noumi

Noumi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 01:38 AM

MVP cards are probably the hardest items to obtain due to the sheer rare spawn and difficulty of killing of the MVP, plus the miserable 0.02% drop rate; 1 card every 5000 kills without MVP hunting box/VIP. Some MVP cards are very very imba while some are just crap.... would be nice to see ideas on what chars will benifit most from the various MVP cards. But there are some MVP cards that I feel are totally crap and just cannot think of ways to put it to good use. and some patch suggestions to improve the card?

Eddga [Footgear]: Enables endure effect, but -25% Max HP?! and no effect on WOE some more =.= IMO: at least take away the -25% Max HP =.=
Osiris [Accessory]: Enable full HP/SP when ressurected? you need to die to enjoy its benifits.... lame == IMO: should add enable use of lvl 1 ressurection, 50% chance to auto ress yourself when you die or something like that....
Moonlight Flower [Footgear]: Made crap with the Peco Peco headband.... IMO: let the movement speed stack with Peco Peco headband, Increase AGI and etc.
Lady Tanee [Foot Gear]: Max SP 50% but Max HP -40%?! free bananas? ROFL joke. IMO: Remove the free bananas and -40% max HP.... to make it on par with Variants at least =.=
Pharaoh [Headgear] Reduce SP consumption of skills by 30%? not exactly very important? IMO: needs at least 50% to be significant.
Drake Card [Weapon] nullify's size penalty of weapon? How about getting a BS in your party to weapon perfection everyone? =.= IMO: maybe add an ATK +25 to make it better than a Hillson card?
RSX-0806 [Armour] Decent, but made crap by Brynhild.....
Detardeurus [Armour] -20 MDEF? immunity to frozen status? Thats as good as telling the warlock: Kill me with Storm GUST.... if my magnetic earth does not auto cast.. IMO needs to do away with the -20 MDEF to make it better than Marc.
Egnigem Cenia [Footgear] Made crap by variants.....
High Priest Margaretha [Armour] needs more than just auto casting assumptio....
High Wizard Kathryne [Headgear] ignore MDEF of targets, but variable cast time increase 100%?!? =.= IMO the variable cast time increase needs to be done away.
Lord Knight Seyren [Headgear] Enables use of lvl 1 Berserk, but max HP -50%? =.= Defeats the whole purpose right? the -50% HP needs to ne scrapped.

Why are so many of the biolab MVP cards crap......

Anyway for these MVP cards above that I have labeled as crap, I would like to seek opinions if someone actually knows a way to put these cards listed above to good use, and have me corrected.

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:17 AM

Not all MVP cards are supposed to be good. That's one of the the things in RO that adds some spice - how some MVP cards are really unexciting, while others are godly. I think this has positive effects on the game - the MVPs with crappy cards are not camped as heavily, and hence are easier to find and kill. It's self-balancing.

Eddga card is one of the most sought after MVP cards. It is ridiculously overpowered. Wearing eddga card while mobbing adds 25-50% to your exp/hr or more. And how do all classes have to level now (at least at 110+)? Mobbing! It is a contender for the title of best MVP card as currently implemented.

Osi, Drake and Moonie are crappy, though there are some tricks you can play with osi card.

Tanee needs the -% hp for balance. +50% sp is kind of a big deal. Ever hear of GFist?

Pharaoh's 30% sp use reduction is plenty. Remember, players regen sp over time, so the total "sp deficit" is less than 100% of sp used - often much less. 30% reduction in SP use will give much more than 30% reduction in SP item consumption.

RSX - I see no problem. It's like a bryn, only with more flexibility.

Detard - -20MDEF has a negligible effect on magic damage received due to the changes in mdef/def with renewal.

Bio2 MVP - Bio2 MVP is about the high rate common drops, not the crappy card. I know someone who got one of these, by the way, and has been offered billions for it. So it can't be that bad!

Bio3 HP MVP - Yeah, it's pretty weak, esp for Bio 3 MVP. it was made back when Assumptio was a lot stronger than it is now.
Bio3 HW MVP - Note that the % increase to cast time stacks multiplicatively with reductions to cast time from stats. Hence, with sufficiently high dex and int, the change is not as big as you think it is. And let's face it, MVP cards aren't likely to spend much time in the hands of low level players with low stats.
Bio3 LK MVP - Who cares about the max hp, it's about the double attack and endure! This card is still one of the cards i've daydreamed about owning.

The bio3 MVP cards are really besides the point though. Nobody will ever get one, they might as well not exist.

#3 kati3

kati3

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts
  • LocationBehind you
  • Server:Classic

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:35 AM

There is HP MVP card on valk server [if i remember right]
New ideas for MVP cards?
[list]
1. NPC agi up?!
2. Chance to cast mental strength [maybe 20%]
3. Chance to activate reflect damage
4. +30% aspd with any weapon
5. Magic attack 2x
6. gain 1% of damage dealt as HP
7. Nullify reflected damage.
8. Recieve 50% less damage from Gfist and GOH XD [sura's make your own card to double the damage ;P]

etc etc I know some are stupid, but atleast they are way better than some old MVP cards. And newer mvp cards should have class 3 skills.

Edited by kati3, 20 July 2011 - 10:40 AM.

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:51 AM

There is HP MVP card on valk server [if i remember right]
New ideas for MVP cards?
[list]
1. NPC agi up?! 300 flee and speedpot speed? Fat chance!
2. Chance to cast mental strength [maybe 20%] Not with how godly MS is in renewal
3. Chance to activate reflect damage Orc Lord
4. +30% aspd with any weaponDoppleganger
5. Magic attack 2x There are a few that give large boosts to magic damage in various situations. 2x matk is too much
6. gain 1% of damage dealt as HP Bio3 Sniper MVP
7. Nullify reflected damage. Suspect would be a real pain to implement. Would be a good (and reasonable) mvp card effect though.
8. Recieve 50% less damage from Gfist Deviling

etc etc I know some are stupid, but atleast they are way better than some old MVP cards. And newer mvp cards should have class 3 skills.

Edited by DrAzzy, 20 July 2011 - 10:51 AM.

#5 kati3

kati3

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:54 AM

Guess i messed up some of those.
Its not like genetics dont already get that kind of awesome speed
Oh and doppel did go out my mind @_@
But does orc lord card splash damage around you? I thought it was like Shield reflect.

Edited by kati3, 20 July 2011 - 11:00 AM.

#6 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 20 July 2011 - 11:47 AM

Guess i messed up some of those.
Its not like genetics dont already get that kind of awesome speed
Oh and doppel did go out my mind @_@
But does orc lord card splash damage around you? I thought it was like Shield reflect.

Oh, you mean Reflect Damage like the RG skill, i thought you just meant, literally, reflecting damage.

#7 kati3

kati3

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 20 July 2011 - 09:43 PM

How about immunity to deep sleep or certain Gx poisons or a chance to activate either.. hmm

#8 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 21 July 2011 - 11:03 AM

Immunity to GX poisons.... I know people who would spend a few billion for that. And deepsleep, just about anyone would spend a few billion for - though with the upcoming Lauda buff, it won't be quite as bad.

Both would make good MVP cards.

Edited by DrAzzy, 21 July 2011 - 11:05 AM.

#9 Makisuke

Makisuke

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 12:58 PM

I think Osiris was good (maybe made) for old 99 champs, they could asura, die, get ressed and asura again without using any SP consumable :waddle:

#10 Drak231

Drak231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 July 2011 - 06:22 PM

Osiris [Accessory]: Enable full HP/SP when ressurected? you need to die to enjoy its benifits.... lame == IMO: should add enable use of lvl 1 ressurection, 50% chance to auto ress yourself when you die or something like that....

Hint: Soul Linker

Osiris card is fine as it is, didn't read the other stuff though.

#11 Lovebane

Lovebane

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 05:02 PM

Pharaoh [Headgear] Reduce SP consumption of skills by 30%? not exactly very important? IMO: needs at least 50% to be significant.

With your suggestion 50% Pharaoh slot in upper / mid = 100% Reduction in SP consumption.. if you're lucky enough to get 2 anyways.. No SP cost for all skills if you have 2? Super Overkill if you ask me. :waddle:

Currently, get yourself 2 Pharoah and that's 60% SP cost reduction.

(Ulle Cap Odin Blessing Set)
Further -10% via Ulle's Cap Headgear + Odin's Blessing Armor @ Dex70 = -10%
60 (+10) = 70%
so 70% for just about anybody that can get it..

Include Above Set.(+10)
((Ranger/Sniper Only)) Icarus Wing / Bowman Scarf - 25%
60 (+10) ((+25)) = 95% SP Cost Reduction for Ranger/Sniper Only

((Thief Class / Ninja Only)) Shinobi Sash/Ninja Suit -20%
60 ((+20)) = 80% SP Cost Reduction for Thief Class / Ninja Only

Gypsy Kiss from Dancer -More% Reduction pretty much infinite cast.

>> Assuming you already got a Bryn then yes. otherwise if you don't have one or your server doesn't have the option of it being made... you're outta luck..

#12 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:01 PM

The Drake card is actually pretty useful in a Katar or a 2h Sword for a RK. Even though dragging a Smith around with weapon perfection does the same thing, it's not something you'll always have around. With the way dmg is calc'd now, the 25-50% dmg boost on certain enemies is quite a lot.

The Doppel card is only 10% aspd boost, not 30%. If it was 30% it would be nice although I'd rather see it have the alcabringer effect (1 fixed aspd every 2 upgrades). That would be worthy of an MVP card.

#13 kati3

kati3

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 23 July 2011 - 04:31 AM

10% of doppel card = Same as curved sword? [one handed]

@_@ +12 Alcabringer. I would be able to get 193 aspd on my baby RK without any runes.

Edited by kati3, 23 July 2011 - 04:34 AM.

#14 Axiluvia

Axiluvia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:57 AM

Also, Tanee with Dragon Breath would be huge, cause it's max SP + Current HP. And yeah, it lowers your HP, but you can get so many cards that get your HP up again, and very few to get your SP up.

And Moonlight flower doesnt' have the negatives of the headband either. If it stacked, yeah, that would be awesome, but based on how jittery my knight gets with AGI up on, probably not.

Eddga is freakin' powerful, cause it's also more powerful then endure as well! Endure only absorbs a certain amount of hits (which I found when I was trying to mob ants for a friend's mage). Personally, I would think every VIT tank would want one.

Pharaoh is awesome, cause you can have TWO headgear cards now. Two Pharaoh cards (ha ha) would be insane on a mage spamming skills. Or an FS priest.

#15 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:10 PM

^1 Doubt the damage gained from using a tanee would be worthwhile, assuming there was any gain at all.
2 I guess the indirect disadvantage is not being able to use other useful gear/cards in shoe slot.
4 A decent level mage class should not need pharaoh. On an AB it is useful but an Arc Angeling with 77 int is cheaper and imo more effective.

#16 Noumi

Noumi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:53 AM

With your suggestion 50% Pharaoh slot in upper / mid = 100% Reduction in SP consumption.. if you're lucky enough to get 2 anyways.. No SP cost for all skills if you have 2? Super Overkill if you ask me. :P

It does sound overkill, but correct me if im wrong, if you could afford 2 MVP cards, and even if pharaoh reduced SP cost by 50%, I don't think anyone would go for 2x Pharaoh either. 2x Kiel-D sounds more overkill to me @_@. Its not like the casters cannot afford the SP to spam. Its prolly most imba for power leveling purposes. Well if u are going to spend so many billions just to power level, I think u deserve it :P Usually MVP cards are very valuable only when they make your char very powerful in PVP/WOE. Does anyone here spend billions on an MVP card just to power lvl?

>> Assuming you already got a Bryn then yes. otherwise if you don't have one or your server doesn't have the option of it being made... you're outta luck..

Well its an MVP card we are talking about. If you could afford to buy an MVP card I think you can well afford Bryn? Valkyrie has Bryn so not an issue either.

#17 Noumi

Noumi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:57 AM

Eddga is freakin' powerful, cause it's also more powerful then endure as well! Endure only absorbs a certain amount of hits (which I found when I was trying to mob ants for a friend's mage). Personally, I would think every VIT tank would want one.

I would agree with that if it was enabled for WOE. problem is its not :P Also isn't the -25% HP on a VIT tank is quite a bother? Which is y I find that one of the negative effects has to be removed.

#18 kati3

kati3

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 29 July 2011 - 04:35 AM

Its not at all about affording MVP card. Its about finding them.
And people do spend billions to power level: Eddga.

Also, I used my friends Dark Lord boots to levelup my baby character. Even shared with RK and mobbed anthell then orc dungeon. That was the fastest level 70 I ever made.

Edited by kati3, 29 July 2011 - 04:39 AM.

#19 Lovebane

Lovebane

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:58 PM

Both Kiel and Pharaoh have their use. You are not thinking about the non-INT based builds..
if you have SP problems, then 2x Pharoah, no SP problems? go 2x Kiel. regardless, both overkill any way you put it.
And there is a use for it in PVP/WOE?
I'd say Ancilla + Epiclesis spam (but Epi has a 60 sec cooldown)
*so unless you can recover 90% SP in 3 minutes or 30% in a 1 minute window I'd say it might still be viable..
Sura Hell Gate spam.. Gfist always at 100% SP? (Does SP reduction work with Gfist? or does it just set your SP to 0) dunno.
Unless reduction doesn't work on skills that aren't fixed Sp cost? I honestly never tested SP reduction gears..

And again for the Bryn, like I said, IF your server doesn't have the option of it being made, outta luck.
Right now Ymir is currently Bryn handicapped afaik.

#20 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:10 PM

This discussion would be so much more relevant if MvP cards dropped more often and can actually be tested don't you guys think? =P

#21 Noumi

Noumi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 02:05 AM

Sura Hell Gate spam.. Gfist always at 100% SP? (Does SP reduction work with Gfist? or does it just set your SP to 0) dunno.
Unless reduction doesn't work on skills that aren't fixed Sp cost? I honestly never tested SP reduction gears..

G fist only consumes 1 SP. The Remaing SP is drained to determine your damage. So with 0% SP cost you only Save that 1 SP lol. If you can really G fist without using SP with pharoah, then I must admit my mistake and pharoah card should not be buffed.

non-battle Arch Bishops and mage classes never have problem with SP, unless affected by bleeding status. With that an ungoliant card becomes more useful already o.0 Arc Angeling card with magnificat is more than enough. Ignoring the possibility that u can actually have 2x pharoah cards, Pharoah needs to be buffed to 50% reduction just to be on par with Arc Angeling Card. Agree?
Using 100% SP @ 200% SP recovery (Arc Angeling) = using 50% SP @ 100% SP recovery (Pharoah)

#22 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 07:16 AM

non-battle Arch Bishops and mage classes never have problem with SP, unless affected by bleeding status. With that an ungoliant card becomes more useful already o.0 Arc Angeling card with magnificat is more than enough. Ignoring the possibility that u can actually have 2x pharoah cards, Pharoah needs to be buffed to 50% reduction just to be on par with Arc Angeling Card. Agree?
Using 100% SP @ 200% SP recovery (Arc Angeling) = using 50% SP @ 100% SP recovery (Pharoah)

I def prefer Arc Angeling where possible but it does require 77 luk and requires you to be able to regen ie. not be overweight. Pharoah in combo with setups can reduce sp consumption to 1 sp. It is just that on iRO with light blue pots and ales, sp recovery is far less of a problem.

#23 PedroProplayer

PedroProplayer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos/Renewal

Posted 01 August 2011 - 12:34 AM

A major issue is that equipment was all modded to suit renewal, but Gravity hasn't touched cards. Effects that Give Def and Auto-cast skills are the most affected. Renewal changes have to be extended to cards, and only the kRO devs can make that happen.

For exemple, DEF+1 cards that went on head slots. 1 Hard Def meant 1% reduction to all damage, but now you need 200-400 def to be any good. Those would have to be scaled for renewal mechanics, else it's not interesting.

High Priest card was always ridiculous.

The entire Card System needs an overhaul.

#24 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 06:02 PM

High Priest card was always ridiculous.

Is it not semi decent in woe?

#25 Noumi

Noumi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 11:55 AM

Is it not semi decent in woe?

Pre-renewal the standard WOE armor was Marc... Im not so sure about that anymore as the price of marc card is much lower than it should be if it were a standard armor card for WOE. What are popular armor cards for WOE nowadays? GR? Angeling? How about those who can't afford those 2?

Side track abit from my topic, I'm abit curious to know which MVP card is currently worth the most in Valkyrie or for that matter any other server..
My vote goes to Tao Gunka. Anyone thinks other wise?

Edited by Noumi, 08 August 2011 - 11:56 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users