Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts
  • LocationBetween 2 Rainbows
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:08 PM

May I ask one thing...
Do you guys out there even talk to each other?

Change happens, some time delays happen when your trying to get multiple projects done and out the door. There was a delay with the HP Bug fix, obviously we wanted this fixed a few weeks ago, which threw off schedules.

Sorry you are stuck with old information, but the changes to the UW map was discussed end of the last week and some directional changes were set and though we don't have a strict time line the changes for the UW map was like Genesis stated put together with a larger project to address a few PvP related things. So hopefully now you understand that this is the updates schedule and lets not throw stones as Genesis was trying to update you.

#53 PickUp

PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland
  • Server:Forums

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:11 PM

Change happens, some time delays happen when your trying to get multiple projects done and out the door. There was a delay with the HP Bug fix, obviously we wanted this fixed a few weeks ago.

Sorry you are stuck with old information, but the changes to the UW map was discussed end of the last week and some directional changes were set and though we don't have a strict time line the changes for the UW map was like Genesis stated put together with a larger project to address a few PvP related things. So hopefully now you understand that this is the updates schedule and lets not throw stones as Genesis was trying to update you.

No worries I wasn't throwin' anything! :P
I meant no offense towards Genesis, it just felt like there is a lack of communication between Gravity members.

On a side note... What are the new new projects for UW? :)

Edited by PickUp, 26 July 2011 - 11:13 PM.

#54 Sathanas

Sathanas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 745 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:16 PM

HP Bug Fix is part of the patch notes. They got left out by mistake, but they are there.

What i said still stands...IM shure ill probably get yelled at for this but..Luxem Tower updates? WHOOPTY FREAKIN DOOOOO...

If you go to the doctor with a broken leg, and he gives you a nice pedicure, your going to be a little freaking upset aren't you? I personally could get a crap less about adv plains updates and luxem tower updates....fix something that MATTERS...something that will help the failure that is the economy at the moment, or something that can help new 200+ players make money to buy gear, Fix the drop table so crafters have mats to refine with...Random bs quests for low levels i could care less about. And why does everyone COMPLAIN about the games flaws, then turn right around and do the very thing thats going to keep crap updates like this going?

OMG the drops suck and its ALL ITEM MALL NOW...oh wait those harry potter knock offs are pretty im going to buy some pairs....

the LAST item mall purchases im going to make in the for-seeable future are only to pay back some debt i owe some friends in game, after that im not buying another blasted piece of item mall bs until they get thier heads out the sand and actually introduce some content to make this game enjoyable again

#55 TwiliteGarden

TwiliteGarden

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1308 posts
  • LocationNew York City
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:23 PM

What i said still stands...IM shure ill probably get yelled at for this but..Luxem Tower updates? WHOOPTY FREAKIN DOOOOO...

If you go to the doctor with a broken leg, and he gives you a nice pedicure, your going to be a little freaking upset aren't you? I personally could get a crap less about adv plains updates and luxem tower updates....fix something that MATTERS...something that will help the failure that is the economy at the moment, or something that can help new 200+ players make money to buy gear, Fix the drop table so crafters have mats to refine with...Random bs quests for low levels i could care less about. And why does everyone COMPLAIN about the games flaws, then turn right around and do the very thing thats going to keep crap updates like this going?

OMG the drops suck and its ALL ITEM MALL NOW...oh wait those harry potter knock offs are pretty im going to buy some pairs....

the LAST item mall purchases im going to make in the for-seeable future are only to pay back some debt i owe some friends in game, after that im not buying another blasted piece of item mall bs until they get thier heads out the sand and actually introduce some content to make this game enjoyable again

It's obvious why they are updating lower level maps. New players. They need new players. Us old timers are the ones screwing up the economy because we have collected so much money and therefore can afford to pay 1-5 billion for a new weapon or armor.

Think about it. Rose would be best off if all the old players quit but they got an equal amount of new players to offset the loss. This would fix the economy because the new players would not have godly amounts of zulie and therefore prices would decrease.

Lets face it. We (the older players) are not part of Gravity's vision of the future of ROSE online. It's apparent they are getting direction from upper level management to bring in new players. This is only the beginning.

I DARE one of the GMs respond to my post and prove me wrong. I don't mind being wrong especially when you consider the scenario I stated above.

Edited by TwiliteGarden, 26 July 2011 - 11:26 PM.

#56 PickUp

PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:25 PM

Lets face it. We (the older players) are not part of Gravity's vision of the future of ROSE online. It's apparent they are getting direction from upper level management to bring in new players. This is only the beginning.

If that would be the case then that plan would not work, because diehard veterans like myself would not ever quit unless the servers were taken down permanently.

#57 kayei

kayei

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:26 PM

there's a way you can still get it though it'd cost more $$. make ur character a dude, getone of the 2 new hairstyles, then switch back to a girl.

p.s. could you guys post the stats on the new stuff?

pfffttt... wasting trans gen coupon for hair?! AMGG nuuuuu :waddle: I hope they fix the new hairs soon...
Is that mean, The new hair for male and females are the same!? The Sepiroth hair looks cool for the females,
Its like the Alice hair without the hair band,, But the other hair looks uhh...ugly with females.. and that
hair is only good without head gears ;) I imagined the bald hairstyle in that hair :))

Anyways.. are the new hairs for females will be fix? Or there are no new hair for females? :/
If there are, When? I am so excited with the hairs. lol :P

In the last patch, after reading that there are 2 new hairs I bought salon coupon as fast a i could and after using that..
I'm very disappointed.. I can't see the new hairs :( Oh well, I'm still hopin'.

#58 RagingHormones

RagingHormones

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 733 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:28 PM

i'm guessing they're the same because there are no female alternatives to the male hair. I've already done it and it works.

#59 Sathanas

Sathanas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:28 PM

It's obvious why they are updating lower level maps. New players. They need new players. Us old timers are the ones screwing up the economy because we have collected so much money and therefore can afford to pay 1-5 billion for a new weapon or armor.

Think about it. Rose would be best off if all the old players quit but they got an equal amount of new players to offset the loss. This would fix the economy because the new players would not have godly amounts of zulie and therefore prices would decrease.

I think if that were the case, then wouldn't it be the same in Draconis? (correct me if im wrong) Its "OLD" players wouldnt be nearly as well established as some of the ones on leonis that have been playing since p2p days, yet thier economy is nearly the exact same as hours...inflated beyond all reason and mostly being run on item mall

And that "new players without godly amounts of money" kinda gets shot to hell when there are noobs running around with more cash than I because they have moms credit card and some Im points.

#60 TwiliteGarden

TwiliteGarden

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1308 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:29 PM

If that would be the case then that plan would not work, because diehard veterans like myself would not ever quit unless the servers were taken down permanently.

A few older players here and there will not affect the new economy because there wouldn't be enough of us left to sustain the outrageous economic bubble we have created.

#61 Sathanas

Sathanas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:35 PM

A lot of the economic problems could be solved with a simple drop system fix...

If high end catas were dropping with resonable numbers, then the buys/sell shops would drop thier prices...refines would become cheaper, as it would be a bit easier to make 15's if you have something better than Hgs to refine with...the inflated prices on 10s and 15's would drop off, making (somewhat) more available to newer players....newer players could actually FARM some money for the cheaper gear. A better chem drop rate, and higher end chems available would mean cheaper grade 7 gems, because there would be less failures if artis could get thier hands on Hime and crap like that again....

Artis happy, newer players happy, and a somewhat fixed up economy with one simple fix...and hell we have HANDED them perfectly good ideas for this but they insist on giving us crap...

Fix my leg doc, my nails are fine....

#62 TwiliteGarden

TwiliteGarden

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1308 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:40 PM

And that "new players without godly amounts of money" kinda gets shot to hell when there are noobs running around with more cash than I because they have moms credit card and some Im points.

This, my friend, will always be the case. We live in a society of inequality. There are rich people. There are poor people. You will see this everywhere you go be it online games or your local Best Buy.

If you ask many of the players they will say the best time they had playing ROSE was when it was pay to play. 12$ a month, no Item Mall. Everyone was equal. You can kiss that goodbye as well and just accept the fact that nothing in life is fair.

Thank you ROSE for turning our experience in the game from that of equal chance for all to that of rich verses poor.

Edited by TwiliteGarden, 26 July 2011 - 11:43 PM.

#63 kayei

kayei

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:40 PM

Improving the maps for the newbies are good too you know? It gives a good impression for the new players. If I am a new player in this server
and came from different server that doesn't have a map like this, I might say 'wow! this is cool'

I know how you feel about the item drops because I also use a lot of time just to get the gears I need/want and most of the time, I failed.
If the developer focus too much on us, high levels, It will be just the same as forbidding the new players to come in the server. But I am not
saying that they should ignore us.
In my own opinion, New players will help the server alive(especially those who are willing to pay) Oh, well..

#64 TwiliteGarden

TwiliteGarden

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1308 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:45 PM

A lot of the economic problems could be solved with a simple drop system fix...

If high end catas were dropping with resonable numbers, then the buys/sell shops would drop thier prices...refines would become cheaper, as it would be a bit easier to make 15's if you have something better than Hgs to refine with...the inflated prices on 10s and 15's would drop off, making (somewhat) more available to newer players....newer players could actually FARM some money for the cheaper gear. A better chem drop rate, and higher end chems available would mean cheaper grade 7 gems, because there would be less failures if artis could get thier hands on Hime and crap like that again....

Artis happy, newer players happy, and a somewhat fixed up economy with one simple fix...and hell we have HANDED them perfectly good ideas for this but they insist on giving us crap...

Fix my leg doc, my nails are fine....

I totally agree that the drop system needs to be fixed. It's obviously not a priority right now. Why? I have no idea.

#65 TwiliteGarden

TwiliteGarden

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1308 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:48 PM

I have a question... have the GMs ever replied to our repeated request to fix things such as drop rates, the economy, the state of the crafting system, etc?

Have any of our thousands of posts ever been responded to with an honest, thoughtful answer? If so, please give me the link.

Edited by TwiliteGarden, 26 July 2011 - 11:49 PM.

#66 Sathanas

Sathanas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:48 PM

Improving the maps for the newbies are good too you know? It gives a good impression for the new players. If I am a new player in this server
and came from different server that doesn't have a map like this, I might say 'wow! this is cool'

I know how you feel about the item drops because I also use a lot of time just to get the gears I need/want and most of the time, I failed.
If the developer focus too much on us, high levels, It will be just the same as forbidding the new players to come in the server. But I am not
saying that they should ignore us.
In my own opinion, New players will help the server alive(especially those who are willing to pay) Oh, well..

A. Im blind the Pink is killing my eyes

B. I can completly understand wanting to get newer players into the game, but these kind of updates to me are simply "eye candy" updates. They are making little happy go lucky patches about menial stuff like the valley of luxem tower, which even if your screwing around and leveling slowly you spend hardly NO time in, when the game has much larger bugs and issues that need resolving FIRST...IM not so much as pissed that thier revamping low level maps..kudos for finally introducing some new game content. Im pissed that they are ignoring the bigger issues that we have been trying to beat in their skulls over the past few months now. Its like painting a decrepit house...yeah sure its all pretty on the outside, but the dam things collapsing on itself....

If the high level player base is happy, then the lower level players will do a lot better. I honestly wanted to get a few friends of mine playing the game. I had an awesome borg to farm with and was going to help them level and get some of thier gear started...show em all the ropes...right after they started they destroyed the drop system and I couldn't make them any money, they got to 200 got bored and quit...3 or 4 players pooofed...the same things probably going to happen to the newer players that get into this...I remember when i was only a low level id look into shops and see all the crap with CRAZY prices, but i kept hearing about some spot in eldeon called RUINS.."You could make 100mill a trip there" all the high levels told me...it kind of made leveling up all your chars a goal, something to look foreward to...Now? I look into the shops in junon and go..."OH well" then log off and play something else...

Edited by Sathanas, 26 July 2011 - 11:55 PM.

#67 PickUp

PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:51 PM

I have a question... have the GMs ever replied to our repeated request to fix things such as drop rates, the economy, the state of the crafting system, etc?

Have any of our thousands of posts ever been responded to with an honest, thoughtful answer? If so, please give me the link.

As far as I am aware... No.

#68 TwiliteGarden

TwiliteGarden

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1308 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:54 PM

The more I think about it the more it becomes clear as to why ROSE is taking the direction it is taking.

ROSE is an old game. Gravity surely has other projects that represent the future of their company. The only reason ROSE exists is because they are able to utilize the Item Mall to make enough sales to keep ROSE alive. If they didn't, ROSE would surely close down.

It boils down this... Item Mall and we have a game to play. No Item Mall. No ROSE. Time to look for a new game.

#69 Sathanas

Sathanas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:57 PM

The more I think about it the more it becomes clear as to why ROSE is taking the direction it is taking.

ROSE is an old game. Gravity surely has other projects that represent the future of their company. The only reason ROSE exists is because they are able to utilize the Item Mall to make enough sales to keep ROSE alive. If they didn't, ROSE would surely close down.

It boils down this... Item Mall and we have a game to play. No Item Mall. No ROSE. Time to look for a new game.

I have one..its dammed fun...but the thing is rose was the FIRST mmo i ever really got into..id hate to quit on the old girl but these patches are making it harder and harder...

#70 MidnightSmurf

MidnightSmurf

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 1424 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:57 PM

If you don't want to fix UW right now, mind swapping the gear around to how it used to be? Things were slightly better back then since people had to move between factions to get what they wanted. Can't be that hard since it's already been that way once upon a time? I have no clue ofc, just thinking aloud.

And adress the economical situation. I believe it was PickUp that, could have been someone else, wrote a suggestion to add "taxes" to shops. Meaning a small % would be drawn from every sell.

Other then that I'm pleased with the update, good job!

#71 kayei

kayei

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:58 PM

A. Sorry for my font color. :waddle: lol. But I'll continue

B. lol. I dunno how but this thing just popped up in my head : "Come baby, If you come with me I'll give you candy." They show the candies so
that kids come and join us. About the item drops. I am agree about that. Because if they really wanna new players here they should also fix the
economy because if they don't. Those new comers will just leave since they cannot afford the items here that are now worth billions. :P

Anyway, About the hp glitch, I thought they are now working about that. But I dunno what happened. :)

Edited by kayei, 26 July 2011 - 11:59 PM.

#72 TwiliteGarden

TwiliteGarden

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1308 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:58 PM

As far as I am aware... No.

Wouldn't you love to login to the forums one day and see a post from a GM title something like.. "ROSE, Our Vision For The Future And Why We Do What We Do." The post would explain in detail their vision. What drives their decisions. Why they ignore problems with basic game play and focus on new player maps and Item Mall.

GMs. I don't care if what you said in this hypothetical post was bad news. If you told us that yes your priorities lie with new players and making money. Knowing the truth is infinitely better than being left in the dark.

#73 TangoBaby86

TangoBaby86

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • LocationArumic Vally
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:01 AM

Ooo I do have two transgender coupons from the Pogo's Boxes that have been sitting in my shop and not selling. Otherwise I'd have no use for them--thanks for idea! :P

pep if ya do that, post a screenie of the new hair !! ty<3

#74 Sathanas

Sathanas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:02 AM

That doesnt work btw, you are given a random hair style upon regendering.....

#75 kayei

kayei

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:03 AM

According to RagingHormones, Its just the same as the male hairstyle, The different is..
the one using it is a female
:P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users