Bhreemon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Else
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:that other one :D

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:24 PM

For those of you that missed the announcement, there is a new rule regarding IM.

Posted Image

If you cannot read that due the the screen scale it reads as follows,
"[Sys] Please be advised that any user found selling/purchasing IM points/items may be permanently suspended."

I want to let that sink in for a moment.
"...any user found selling/purchasing IM points/items may be permanently suspended."

OK done?

Spoiler

Edited by Bhreemon, 05 August 2011 - 01:36 PM.

#2 DarkWyvern

DarkWyvern

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada
  • Server:Vvyern

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:31 PM

....Wait. So we're not allowed to buy IM anymore? Does this mean that every single player in the server is going to get banned, seeing that in order to keep up with some of the cash users we absolutely need Insurance scrolls?

I don't like this. I would rather that someone reword this. Otherwise (as negative as this sounds) its going to start sounding like THQ all over again.

#3 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:34 PM

They were saying the same thing, but including the words "for real money" when they were making a similiar announcement before. I would like to request further clarification on this.

#4 Endbringer

Endbringer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 574 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:35 PM

Implement the in game IM for item trade IAH has(or perhaps had, don't know if its still in place) And this wouldn't be an issue.

#5 Nolanvoid

Nolanvoid

Nolan Smash!

• Retired
  • 2024 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:39 PM

Due to the high increase of scam incidents being reported as well as users purchasing Item Points from the Gold Sellers, we are required to instate this policy. The wording will be rephrased again due to the ambiguity.

Basically, anyone found selling Item Mall Points or selling Item Mall Items via Gifting, may be permanently suspended.

#6 Dongkeykong

Dongkeykong

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:41 PM

BOOM! HEADSHOT!

#7 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:46 PM

I seem to remember this being a rule before and then it becoming lenient. Now it must be tightening up security-wise.

I believe this poses a problem for shops selling cash clothes and other items in their shops though. Are these exceptions?

#8 Severfang

Severfang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:49 PM

well this ruins the game for the people living paycheck to paycheck... how are we supposed to stay competitive? We can barely afford what we have why should we be blocked from advancing in a game? shame on you warpportal. thq was bad and we had to keep quiet about purchasing im, and it was alright here, then consumables couldn't be traded, now we're back to either not buying or keeping quiet? i'm more than a little disappointed in yet another BAD MOVE. People wouldn't have to buy IM from people if we could trade consumables, but it all leads back to a few bad apples wrecking the game for everybody.

#9 Bhreemon

Bhreemon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Else

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:51 PM

*thinks about how to word argument*
to my recollection, as soon as the dragonica/ dragon saga went live, there was a gold seller hastily "lvl'ing" a character so that they could spam shouts about gold offers in the towns (primarily Port of Winds). Though steps have been taken to "eliminate" the gold sellers and scammers, aka the implantation of a lvl requirement for the megaphones, there still are, in fact, gold sellers and scammers.

With the implementation of this new rule, the players can now longer turn to their friends to get a bit of IM. Which means the 5 people that actually buy IM via cash or cards will be the sole source of income for the American branch of Dragon Saga.

Or ya know...we could always go the route of IAH as Endbringer suggested...but that would just be practical and make Warp Portal a butt-load of money...can't have common sense up in here yo >>
Derp...

#10 Nolanvoid

Nolanvoid

Nolan Smash!

• Retired
  • 2024 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:51 PM

Due to the high increase of scam incidents being reported as well as users purchasing Item Points from the Gold Sellers, we are required to instate this policy. The wording will be rephrased again due to the ambiguity.

Basically, anyone found selling Item Mall Points or selling Item Mall Items via Gifting, may be permanently suspended.

I seem to remember this being a rule before and then it becoming lenient. Now it must be tightening up security-wise.

I believe this poses a problem for shops selling cash clothes and other items in their shops though. Are these exceptions?

@Kazu The gifting part is the concern. Selling Item Mall items in the Market or via trade is not the issue. Atleast, via trade, you can see the gold being traded. When selling via gifting, it's a gamble whether someone is legit or not.

It may become lenient again, however, currently the way it stands, it has become a serious problem. Though we can ask users to be more careful, it doesn't change the fact that it still occurs and that not everyone is aware of it. Everyone takes a chance when a new Item Mall Point Seller appears and once someone gets scammed, the gold gets shifted around and causes the support team to spend much more time investigating it.

#11 Fwiz

Fwiz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:52 PM

how am i gonna sell lava heart recipes now ;/

#12 GrapefruitGod

GrapefruitGod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • LocationSurrounded by kneesocks
  • Server:decard

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:54 PM

I'm John Madden

#13 Bhreemon

Bhreemon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Else

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:56 PM

I'm John Madden

you mad?! XD

#14 Fwiz

Fwiz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:57 PM

This will affect dragon saga so much

#15 Nolanvoid

Nolanvoid

Nolan Smash!

• Retired
  • 2024 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 02:02 PM

but it all leads back to a few bad apples wrecking the game for everybody.

Unfortunately, a "few" has escalated into a much larger number or it would not have reached this point.

#16 Bhreemon

Bhreemon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Else

Posted 05 August 2011 - 02:04 PM

if the IM raffles are any hint at how many ppl actually buy IM, i would like to point out that Rim has won something from the last 3 in a row...and the race to 75...that lucky butt...but you see my point? if two to three ppl are consistently winning IM raffles...either the raffles are rigged or not that many ppl are buying IM.

#17 Fwiz

Fwiz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 02:05 PM

Unfortunately, a "few" has escalated into a much larger number or it would not have reached this point.

How do you know if the scammed people's are telling the truth?

#18 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts
  • LocationSome rural craphole
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 August 2011 - 02:16 PM

With all due respect, I'd like to see you actually enforce this considering it seems like the people who buy IM stuff through gifting for gold do it with people they know and or trust.

#19 Endbringer

Endbringer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 574 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 02:18 PM

I still strongly feel that adding the system IAH has where people can sell items on their marketplace for either gold or IM Cash would dissolve what i see to be part of the issue. It would allow for players to still be able to obtain Item mall consumables while adding a safer means to prevent in game scams.

#20 Bhreemon

Bhreemon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Else

Posted 05 August 2011 - 02:18 PM

would it not have been more logical to monitor the cases that you found suspicious rather that to slap the ban hammer down on everyone? or are we supposed to believe that there are pandemic proportions to the recent number of scams?

#21 Fwiz

Fwiz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 02:27 PM

With all due respect, I'd like to see you actually enforce this considering it seems like the people who buy IM stuff through gifting for gold do it with people they know and or trust.

when i sell IM i don't scam and i usually do giveaways of w coin etc

#22 Meganekko

Meganekko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 924 posts
  • Location305

Posted 05 August 2011 - 02:36 PM

So the problem is gifting? Easy! Just remove the fact insurance is UNtradable and I believe we'd be good :rofl:

We can't even sell or trade Shop Points and Shop Scrolls anymore which was not noted in ANY of the patch notes.. I am severely disappoint, with what high levels you have had left, this is a just sad.

Edited by Meganekko, 05 August 2011 - 02:40 PM.

#23 Ethernal

Ethernal

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1016 posts
  • LocationMX :)
  • Server:the only one lol

Posted 05 August 2011 - 02:38 PM

makes me wanna quit

#24 Fwiz

Fwiz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 02:43 PM

So the problem is gifting? Easy! Just remove the fact insurance is UNtradable and I believe we'd be good :rofl:

We can't even sell or trade Shop Points and Shop Scrolls anymore which was not noted in ANY of the patch notes.. I am severely disappoint, with what high levels you have had left, this is a just sad.

agree with nekko +1

#25 Meganekko

Meganekko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 924 posts
  • Location305

Posted 05 August 2011 - 02:43 PM

makes me wanna quit

Has made the 4 people actually LEFT on my flist wanna quit too.

Edited by Meganekko, 05 August 2011 - 02:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users