Cleffy's Warlord Build 9.0 - Page 3 - Bartuk Plains - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Cleffy's Warlord Build 9.0

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#51 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:42 AM

Damage is damage. If you wanted pure damage then when given a choice on STR, CON, DEX, MND, INT; STR would be it. The difficult part is finding the right mix of base damage, HP, Skill Crit, and SCAD for the maximum possible damage while being able to survive. Personally I prefer no CON at all and just go straight to HP Xeons or armor bonuses. However, I have 0 survivability.
BTW, what MP problem does Warlord have? I can 100% skill spam without ever running low on MP now.

Edited by Cleffy, 19 February 2013 - 10:45 AM.

#52 Kroatreich

Kroatreich

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:15 AM

BTW, what MP problem does Warlord have? I can 100% skill spam without ever running low on MP now.

what are u using? cuz im on 2h sword, other stuff r mostly damage and hp, no mp bonuses besides pet, gvg reward and costume, i dont have much of MP and using all my aoes twice in a row drains me out till the low mp just for 1st job filler skills

#53 rshehrawat

rshehrawat

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:54 AM

this is s3 warlord build ? am new so i dont know...can u post again new pvp + pve build for warlord anyone?

Edited by rshehrawat, 22 February 2013 - 10:10 AM.

#54 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:04 PM

This build was updated during the last skill update. Its a PVE build.

On my gear, I use an unrecommended set even by me. I am using the 79 set compounded with MND. I have mostly crit and SCAD xeons on the set.

#55 OldSchool777

OldSchool777

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:12 PM

This build can be used to pvp too?

#56 bobynutshell

bobynutshell

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 36 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:45 AM

This is a horrible skill build with horrible gear suggestions.
No Terrified Scream, and decided not to lvl the only NON-Target Aoe because hes silly.
And MND set. LOL.
Man, this is bad
Dont follow this build unless you want to suck

#57 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:53 AM

I play the class, and I also invested in Land Tremor which is a non-target AOE skill. The problem with Full Swing Slash is that it barely hits. It looks great on paper, but if you can't hit what's the point? A spamable Lateral Slash is a much better investment. For Terrified Scream its really about choices and priority. To me Terrified Scream does not do enough to bother investing in it if you primarily PVE. It stops a number of opponents, but why would that matter? Against casters they would already be under the slow movement speed of Overbearing Clamour. If they are not then you are already dead and should be letting off your AOEs. Against Melee, they are also under the effects of Clamour. Its also not like you can attack them with ranged attacks, you need to be in melee range in the first place.
As a PVE skill it only comes in handy every once in a while in party if your tank fails to hold non-boss mobs. non-boss mobs are not something your party should have trouble against without a tank.

I think I also clearly said that you should not use an MND set. However, if you have an MND set. Its not like you are really that weak. MND has its advantage like STR and CON. On the other hand changing what it does will require millions of lant and a couple dollars. When you compare the price of an MND equipment to a STR or CON equipment, the MND equipment is also considerably lower.

Edited by Cleffy, 12 March 2013 - 02:54 AM.

#58 bobynutshell

bobynutshell

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:29 AM

I play the class, and I also invested in Land Tremor which is a non-target AOE skill. The problem with Full Swing Slash is that it barely hits. It looks great on paper, but if you can't hit what's the point? A spamable Lateral Slash is a much better investment. For Terrified Scream its really about choices and priority. To me Terrified Scream does not do enough to bother investing in it if you primarily PVE. It stops a number of opponents, but why would that matter? Against casters they would already be under the slow movement speed of Overbearing Clamour. If they are not then you are already dead and should be letting off your AOEs. Against Melee, they are also under the effects of Clamour. Its also not like you can attack them with ranged attacks, you need to be in melee range in the first place.
As a PVE skill it only comes in handy every once in a while in party if your tank fails to hold non-boss mobs. non-boss mobs are not something your party should have trouble against without a tank.

I think I also clearly said that you should not use an MND set. However, if you have an MND set. Its not like you are really that weak. MND has its advantage like STR and CON. On the other hand changing what it does will require millions of lant and a couple dollars. When you compare the price of an MND equipment to a STR or CON equipment, the MND equipment is also considerably lower.

Land Tremor is a STUN which is useless against stealthed Sins.
FullSwing misses less than Tremor which has a % success
Terrified is GREAT if you are Farming in ST, you pull multiple scorps, bind them, and get in range of 1 of them while your aoes hit the rest. You said pve right? Well theres your damn PvE use.
Raiding. Wl is nothing more than a buff/debuff-_-.
PVP it is utterly ESSENTIAL. Without it you are nothing more than a hush-_- that cant kill anything
Mnd set has no advantage for a WL. The scc it gives it negligible. And the MP is, MP...lol...Might as well use a bludgeon instead of a sword/axe

Edited by bobynutshell, 12 March 2013 - 06:29 AM.

#59 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:56 AM

Like I said, I don't recommend using a MND set. I just have an MND set and don't care too much about changing it to STR or CON. With an MND set you are also looking at far lower costs than a STR or CON set. These sets can also be compounded to something else like STR with the right materials, but to do it safely requires millions of lant and a few dollars for insurance. If you were to choose a set not STR or CON would you want MND, or DEX/INT?

There was a time when I used maxed Full Swing Slash. I just don't think it hits enough to be worth it. There are also some bugs with the non-target AOE Skills. I find the targeted ones to be a lot more useful. It would be nice if I could put 10 in every single skill, but you have to choose which ones will suit you better. To me I don't see the point in Terrified Scream or Full Swing Slash. I also don't invest anything into Terror which is a staple PVP 1v1 skill. Instead I chose to go for the armor debuffs because a 50% reduction in a target's armor is large and gets around a lot of tank's capped def. With the SCAD/CAD being affected by armor now, and mobs having armor puts some value into the armor reduction skills which to me make more sense than Full Swing Slash or Terrified Scream.

#60 Kroatreich

Kroatreich

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:23 AM

oh btw here is one suggestion (mb i'm mistaken with WHERE i'm posting this but here is goes) since nowadays reQQuiem players have average ~23 000~ hp (or maybe thats the lowest hp ACCEPTABLE for a high lvl) maybe Gravity can make our hp buff of 2500 hp more USEFUL and make it.... around... 5000 hp lets suggest ^^ :D what do u say? or is that OVERPOWERED BY FAR?

#61 Kroatreich

Kroatreich

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:28 AM

hell, knowing gravity they will prolly put some suckass (sarcasctic word for "crucial") debuff on hp buff and make silence last 50 secs with 15 secs CD, and put new stuff in item mall like "Level Up by 1 level - 2000 mall pts" before even seeing this post ^^

#62 Kroatreich

Kroatreich

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:30 AM

hell, knowing gravity they will prolly put some suckass (sarcasctic word for "crucial") debuff on hp buff and make silence last 50 secs with 15 secs CD, and put new stuff in item mall like "Level Up by 1 level - 2000 mall pts" before even seeing this post ^^

oh and NOT to forget, also will probably make brutal scud 15 sec stun with dot

#63 i7thSlayer

i7thSlayer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • LocationBulgaria
  • Server:- out of order

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:51 AM

oh btw here is one suggestion (mb i'm mistaken with WHERE i'm posting this but here is goes) since nowadays reQQuiem players have average ~23 000~ hp (or maybe thats the lowest hp ACCEPTABLE for a high lvl) maybe Gravity can make our hp buff of 2500 hp more USEFUL and make it.... around... 5000 hp lets suggest ^^ :D what do u say? or is that OVERPOWERED BY FAR?

Yeah, Beer-like stamina buffing 5k HP would be by far "overpowered". Chars (not just Warlords) are already hard to kill and 5k HP buff would cause a bigger imbalance, since almost everybody has char bonuses from 3 different sources, that raise stats by %. Anyway, I've been thinking, why not give warlords a MP buff similar to the HP one, and call it Mage-like Mind or something?

#64 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:00 PM

I think that chars are too easy to kill. I think for a horror game that focuses around PVP, longer more rewarding battles is the key to enjoyment. When your character can die in about 2 seconds it's much more a twitch based environment. To me extending how long a person lives to 30 - 60 seconds would make skill choices more difficult and more rewarding as cool-down and mp management become an issue. It would also make being a melee class more rewarding and make balancing PVP easier without giving melee some sort of one shot wonder ability like they have now.
I think a much better solution is for the level 10 Bear Like Stamina to increase HP by 25% of the caster's HP value. This would force the Warlord to pick a more unfavorable HP heavy build as opposed to a more balanced build to make the skill effective. 25% of a Warlord's HP is also a fair amount. Right now Bear Like Stamina is more for people who do not invest in HP, like more balanced build Warlords and casters.

Edited by Cleffy, 26 March 2013 - 12:02 PM.

#65 i7thSlayer

i7thSlayer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:20 PM

Hmmm... 2 seconds? Well when u're against 5 people and don't have resistance, yeah! As for HP buff being 25% that's kinda a bad idea. It's too easy to make 20k hp without buff. Though, I do agree that it curently is more of a help to people with less HP, but make it % buff and it'll be less helpful to those people. Also with a total of 35% HP bonus, or atleast 30% in the battlefield, those 2424 HP still play a good role to the ones with high HP.

#66 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:27 PM

Please read what I proposed a little more carefully. Its +25% of the caster's HP. Warlord without any HP buffs at 80 has around 5k HP. In order to get 20k HP from 5k HP requires a significant investment and sacrificing potential ability in order to give the best HP buff. Even then with 20k HP, its still not a significant increase compared to the buff currently.

When I say 2 seconds I mean 2 seconds. My WL can kill a caster class in 2 seconds. Some Berserkers can kill most melee class in 2 seconds. Its really gear dependent, but when we are talking about at around level 80, there is a lot of power there that can be unleashed in a short amount of time.

#67 Kroatreich

Kroatreich

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:04 AM

oh btw does anyone know when will Bartuks come in question of "rebalance" just like xenoa is now?
i'd like to propose, in advance, (since there was a question for xeoa - "what s1 skills should we return ingame") that it would be good if we could have Sonic Boom back, also Quietus slightly modified as (single target disable melee attack for set duration, since it fits the name :P) mb even Domination, Iron Physique, Merciless Blow and others we have lost, modified or not ^^
ty :D

#68 Kroatreich

Kroatreich

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:09 AM

i saw thsi site few days back http://www.rockiem.c...ree?job=Warrior and just wanted to say that it would be nice if we could have something similar agian ^^

#69 i7thSlayer

i7thSlayer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:56 AM

Yeah Sonic Boom Slash would be great to have back, but this might lead to a similar drama with commy's Beam Slash. As for Quietus... well I prefered that skill over Slayer, when S2 started. I liked using it as a finisher on the mobs.

#70 Kroatreich

Kroatreich

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:12 AM

when we finally get in question, i WILL post this again - warlords SHOULD NOT have mp isshue, either decrease skill's mp burnage, or increase our mana pool, or even both, PRIMARY for us
...and as for skills, i wont say anythin till the moment comes cuz i know it wont be what it should, in the end... my perspective would be that they will turn us into tanks, AND/OR make us pvp gods like commys used to be, my expectations r low, and i see only nerfs not boosts.
our job description (for those who still care) is that we are a DPS class and support, 35k hp aint exactly a support since no one benefits from it besides yourself, and our dps is based to spam the fukk outta aoes and hope to god that they hit/crit/kill without any "support skills" such as 5 (or more) SEC STUN for far better control, but i said this and ppl WILL think of first thing - how OP that would be in TB and PK, and its not OP that damn assassin tanks better than tank itself? cuz def formula is screwed, high dmg pulls too much agro taunt cant get it back...

-most of the time u r "doomed" to grind, farm, quest solo and this game is supposed to be teamwork
-profit rules more than anything else
-balance is fiction even tho it should be priority
-bugs remain present and un-fixed for 5 damn years
etc...

and they wanna "rebalance" classes LOL but hey let them have it, WL NO MP ISSHUE (if nothing else) :P

#71 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:11 PM

I still don't understand, my Warlord does not have MP issues and I spam skills.

#72 Freja

Freja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2769 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:08 AM

That's because you're using a -_-ty MIND set, Cleffy

#73 Kroatreich

Kroatreich

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:25 AM

we are like mages, skills only, no AA no mix build and for that reason we should be granted with skill spam without building it from gear and we shouldn't be forced to choose between gear just to make up for the "inborn defect" of having no mp to back up all the wonderfull skills we have :D

#74 Kroatreich

Kroatreich

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:28 AM

p.s. for all WLs +30 full CON - (Upper Race Change Certificate) to go protector :D

#75 Kroatreich

Kroatreich

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:32 AM

gravity's reason for our problem - we are melee class and we should have just enough mp to buff up and mb throw a stun or 2 :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users