• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#26 Karusan

Karusan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 06:28 PM

It took me 3 tries to beat it - the item collection was far more annoying.

Basically, lvl 1 stormgust wont do you much good - it has crappy freeze chance. I beat it spamming frost nova & quagmire and the stones they gave me. Frost Nova freezes the elementals then you can chain lightning them for an instant kill. The rest is easy prey after that

#27 Justinotaku

Justinotaku

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 29 August 2011 - 06:49 PM

I did it easily enough on my baby wizard with eden gear, phen and no aqua. Potted fish. I just SG1 to freeze everything but the water. Chain lightening took those out VERY easily. Then some crimson for the other stuff.

Gathering the two items was waaaaaaay harder than the actual fighting.

#28 chicoaa

chicoaa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Locationnear a tree...
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:48 PM

Drooping cat,Platinum shield,Aqua armor, Genie mythril cape = win just safety walled SG2 mob at start moved to side SW again and pick off from there... the damage from all the other atks hit decent and not to mention Energy Coat would help you also... if u drain out of sp blue pot and mash that white pot key :mellow:

#29 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:32 PM

Orleans/phen Fat white pots + straw berries. Go on 80 to 85% over weight with white pots :mellow: just to be safe. Edit Oya and I kept SW spamming my self.

Edited by Zinja, 29 August 2011 - 10:32 PM.

#30 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 05:41 AM

no, I have good gear.

so do i, i was saying it took me 3 res tokens and a couple whites to get through the test

Edited by Cubical, 30 August 2011 - 05:41 AM.

#31 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:46 AM

so do i, i was saying it took me 3 res tokens and a couple whites to get through the test

I used bryn deviant gtb.... so I guess I shouldn't comment.

#32 Tirasu

Tirasu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 559 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos- ohwait

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:01 AM

test is impossible if it's your first character and you have made it post-renewal.
Mostly because without buying zeny or abusing the market with KP items you can't actually afford equipment you need.

Also: has anyone EVER seen a baby warlock? I want to see if that's even possible with the test how it is.

#33 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:08 AM

I didn't know u can res urself there... I was under the impression that once you die, you get kicked out from there...

#34 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:14 AM

Also: has anyone EVER seen a baby warlock? I want to see if that's even possible with the test how it is.

challenge accepted.

found one

http://ropd.info/?na...vel&dir=asc&s=4

Edited by Xellie, 30 August 2011 - 08:16 AM.

#35 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:27 AM

I havent even got to it. I am STILL HUNTING my damn drops in slend.

I am highly worried about this test on my BABY wiz.

Also to that look for Mini Mayhem next week and there will somehow be another!!!

Edited by Mayhem, 30 August 2011 - 08:29 AM.

#36 Kaillera

Kaillera

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:32 AM

I recall a baby warlock in june or july in nogg. His damage was garbage no offence.

It took me a week, 5 hours a day to find both crystals...

#37 Justinotaku

Justinotaku

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:32 AM

test is impossible if it's your first character and you have made it post-renewal.
Mostly because without buying zeny or abusing the market with KP items you can't actually afford equipment you need.

This is my baby warlock, I passed the test perhaps a week ago. Like I said before I had Eden gear, phen and potted fish. I'm not sure how I had such a drastic diffrence in difficulty compared to everyone else. Espically being a baby wizard.

Baby warlock

#38 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:37 AM

I didn't know u can res urself there... I was under the impression that once you die, you get kicked out from there...

nope, i just resed myself and killed the stuff spawning

it also took me less then an hour to find the stuff you had to hunt as well. No idea why its taking you guys so long to complete it. Guys really all you need for the test is 200 pots and a couple res tokens its not that hard.

Edited by Cubical, 30 August 2011 - 08:39 AM.

#39 Kaillera

Kaillera

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:02 AM

nope, i just resed myself and killed the stuff spawning

it also took me less then an hour to find the stuff you had to hunt as well. No idea why its taking you guys so long to complete it. Guys really all you need for the test is 200 pots and a couple res tokens its not that hard.

If the test requires a majority of people with great expensive gears and items (Like ales or yggs) or to spend real money (Tokens or Gym Pass), then there's a real problem. The drop rate for the Splendide crystals should be higher, because it took me 35 hours to find them, killing around 150-200 of them a day was not fun (I have a FS AB all the time, and equipped the right Magic Stones).

Disabling Ice Wall took out my only worth while defense. There should be testers with Eden gears and low amount of potion before they decided the test was OK. My SC, AB, and Wan passed theirs with flying colors.

Some nerf such as:
-Enable Ice Wall.
-Remove Water Ball from Aquas.
-Delay before first round starts.

One of these will help a lot.

Edited by Kaillera, 30 August 2011 - 09:12 AM.

#40 Justinotaku

Justinotaku

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:22 AM

Honestly I like how the fighting portion is actually a bit of a challenge. It really weeds out the people who can and can't play a wizard class. I see it more of skill in that room than gear. If you are relying on gear alone you are doing it wrong. Reminds me of the good ol Fire room from the wizard test!

#41 Kaillera

Kaillera

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:33 AM

Honestly I like how the fighting portion is actually a bit of a challenge. It really weeds out the people who can and can't play a wizard class. I see it more of skill in that room than gear. If you are relying on gear alone you are doing it wrong. Reminds me of the good ol Fire room from the wizard test!

That part was easy o.o

#42 Justinotaku

Justinotaku

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:35 AM

That part was easy o.o

It used to weed out a lot of people back in the day. It is much easier since renewal.

#43 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:36 AM

If the test requires a majority of people with great expensive gears and items (Like ales or yggs) or to spend real money (Tokens or Gym Pass), then there's a real problem. The drop rate for the Splendide crystals should be higher, because it took me 35 hours to find them, killing around 150-200 of them a day was not fun (I have a FS AB all the time, and equipped the right Magic Stones).

Disabling Ice Wall took out my only worth while defense. There should be testers with Eden gears and low amount of potion before they decided the test was OK. My SC, AB, and Wan passed theirs with flying colors.

Some nerf such as:
-Enable Ice Wall.
-Remove Water Ball from Aquas.
-Delay before first round starts.

One of these will help a lot.

Perhaps you are not ready to become a Warlock...

#44 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:41 AM

I think its funny how people say its easy but of course we are just taking them on their word. In reality they might have been geared great and went through the same hell as the rest of us with this quest.

It IS pretty hard. my mind is just spinning trying to come up with a game plan to make my baby wizard pass this. I am thinking I have to buy a ton of slim whites and spam away to survive.

My AB test took me about an hour to do in total.

If you add up the ten hours it took me hunting the items in splend (which people are right, should be a higher drop rate) so far I have spent 11 hours on this quest to turn lock.

#45 Kaillera

Kaillera

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:48 AM

I think its funny how people say its easy but of course we are just taking them on their word. In reality they might have been geared great and went through the same hell as the rest of us with this quest.

It IS pretty hard. my mind is just spinning trying to come up with a game plan to make my baby wizard pass this. I am thinking I have to buy a ton of slim whites and spam away to survive.

If you add up the ten hours it took me hunting the items in splend (which people are right, should be a higher drop rate) so far I have spent 11 hours on this quest to turn lock.

+1 to players who will use cash for the test.

Seriously though, the Warlock test should accommodate all skill builds. That include non-sw/fn users and people who uses iw to survive.

I only did it cause I got lucky. Luck was on my side when I lost all the monsters in the first round on my last attempt.

Edited by Kaillera, 30 August 2011 - 09:53 AM.

#46 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:50 AM

WTH, I just tried to load up with regular whites, 85% weight and it wont let me in? so I have to be under 50% weight for this test too?

#47 Justinotaku

Justinotaku

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:54 AM

If I thought it was a big deal I would of just fraped it for everyone. Bit late for that. Mind you a normal wizard can not use really good gear. Most gear is trans or higher. I probably used a meg or two though! Really though all I had was eden gear ( which includes the weapon) a +7 resistant stone buckler a phen clip and a earring. Oh a +0 skull cap cause it was kawaii. Thouh mind you I did have some vit cause a baby class can't go above 80 of a stat as a normal class.

I did have to do the quest 3 times. The first two times I messed up and wasn't really that the test was hard. First time I forgot to phen my SG1 and got hit and mobbed to death. Second time I made the mistake of using energy coat with no SP items.

BAsically my strat was SG 1 then run to the bottom left corner where I quickly dispatched the two aquas with one chain lightning. Yes I did get waterballed but they died before me. nomnom fish. Then I just crimson everything else when I was ready. Rinse and repeat. Then JT spamed the Stone.

I will however agree that the drop rate of the two items should be higher. It took me maybe hour and half two hours to get them both. It seems if you have some bad luck with those it may take a long time haha.

#48 Kaillera

Kaillera

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:55 AM

WTH, I just tried to load up with regular whites, 85% weight and it wont let me in? so I have to be under 50% weight for this test too?

Including the rubies, you must have 89% weight. If adding the rubies makes you go over 89%, it won't let you.

#49 Kaillera

Kaillera

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:01 AM

It used to weed out a lot of people back in the day. It is much easier since renewal.

No really! I played in beta and first two years when iRO was made. Wiz test was still easy.

#50 Justinotaku

Justinotaku

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:12 AM

Not for everyone. I seen many people rage quit from it oddly enough. It still weeded out tons of wizards to be...cept for when they allowed people to by pass it with those items after a few fails. My statement still stands. It was really no diffrent from this new test. Easy if you knew how to play.

I think this sums this thread up pretty well.

Perhaps you are not ready to become a Warlock...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users