September 6th Maintenance notes - Page 5 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

September 6th Maintenance notes

• Please log in to reply
384 replies to this topic

#101 Intrigue

Intrigue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 157 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:56 PM

Abysmal Knight Helms really ruin the box. Those are so dreadfully ugly.

#102 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:56 PM

Awww change it and put Rideword Hat[1]or at least please consider making kvm badges trade-able....

^

#103 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:57 PM

Abysmal Knight Helms really ruin the box. Those are so dreadfully ugly.

+1. xD

#104 KataiKou

KataiKou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:57 PM

Maybe I haven't been around long enough but the only people I see using RoR & RoFL are the raydric/GH bots on Valkyrie. It makes sense since they would probably be the only ones able to afford them seeing as raydric cards may be one of the only other items that sell really well. In my opinion, if high cost MVP items will not be in the box, neither should rare hats that may be at a risk of devaluation. You don't necessarily need a Rideword Hat nor RoR+RoFL to level but at least you can still trade one for the other. Ultimately though, it makes little sense to me to change this since adding RWH would endorse high end mvp monopolization while adding RoR would be endorsing pay-to-win...

It does seem like a lose-lose, doesn't it? However, I feel that people should have a chance to make their dream build for at least one of their character slots. PvP/WoE is really hard to gain entry, since the top guilds are very well funded, and continue to gain more money at a faster rate than anyone else. The idea of using a single Green Ale or Ygg Seed is blasphemous to me because I can't afford anything that's better than Eden Gear. Finding an MVP is a pipe dream for most, much less actually being able to defeat one. Just affording mediocre gear is going to cost several hundred million zeny. It's pretty discouraging, overall.

#105 KaneBlueriver

KaneBlueriver

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationMother Earth

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:59 PM

At the end of the day, who gets hurt the most? The new/return players, the people who we wanted to attract in the first place, who cant afford the gears for leveling which prolongs the grind. Lets face it, there ARE alternatives out there.

That's plain silly. Leveling has gotten so much easier than like 6 years back ago.

Holy Jebus, people should really appreciate what's given now. Before there were barely any events or anything. >_>;;

#106 Aeroku

Aeroku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:59 PM

150pt is too cheap for the almight rideword hat to be put in. just wait for the next box event, im sure its gonna be in it. also what's up with more abby helm!? there's like a billion from last time already lol.

if they were dare to put in something expensive like reasonance ring and magestic goat in a 150pt item , i don't see how rideword hat is 'too cheap'

#107 yeva1

yeva1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:00 PM

Hmmm ive been back to RO for 2 months ++ now after a 3 year hiatus, all my gears are old school stuff but still decent. My real problem is getting lvling gears cuz all the prices are jacked up. Putting rideword hats and snake hats would sure help us returning/new players quite a bit in levelling if thats what you're intending for us players to stay on to RO. Thanks!

#108 LeonFlare

LeonFlare

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 955 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/thenagrarok
  • LocationMOOTXICO!
  • Server:Valkyrie Forever

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:02 PM

bravery and valor badges or kvm!

#109 RichestinIRO

RichestinIRO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:03 PM

slotted lower headgear or new footgear/garment. but i'll go with whatever is put there since it might be too much wishful thinking and it will be a win-win situation for me: crappy items=save money, good items=buy it. :P

#110 sakurawings1

sakurawings1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON
  • Server:Chaos -> Ymir -> Chaos

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:05 PM

Can't you guys add goblin leader tame? its not really fair that its just obtain by that game hide and seek, not everyone is on all day =/

#111 Iboo

Iboo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:06 PM

Oh well, I guess the BB's may cause MVP loots to drop in price indirectly... Doesn't seem like a good thing... Just trying to remember the last time we had a week without some sort of WPE [Money] spending event.

#112 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:06 PM

snake hats n 1000 kvm badges per box

#113 novalkar

novalkar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:08 PM

well ... at least that will lower the "comunist bucket hat" market price :P

#114 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:08 PM

I think regardless of what you replace it with, we all would like to think that the boxes that we get in the past have a little bit of rarity to them. I know this is only the second time that Abyss helm was put in but still with the amount of them that people have. It would be great to see them taken out.

I personally would like to see new things every month and never see the same things pop into this fun boxes. It would make it fun to buy and people would buy more of them thinking this was their only chance to get such items.

Also it would stop flooding the market with head gears that no one wants, since that has been happening to the point where you all felt the need to give us an npc to turn in all those crap head gears.

RWC Event, Golden Poring Hunt! Find the porings, pop 'em, take the tokens into NPC to get some small restorative items.

Posted Image
Just Awesome

#115 MattXcheW

MattXcheW

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:10 PM

Hmmm ive been back to RO for 2 months ++ now after a 3 year hiatus, all my gears are old school stuff but still decent. My real problem is getting lvling gears cuz all the prices are jacked up. Putting rideword hats and snake hats would sure help us returning/new players quite a bit in levelling if thats what you're intending for us players to stay on to RO. Thanks!

seriously i lvled to 130 without a Rideword Hat. Everyone whines too much about not having all these stuff! if you guys remember how RO lvling was before renewal you all should be thankful of all these quest and consecutive x2 exp event. Everyone's getting spoiled! There's no such thing as hard work anymore cz lvling to max lvl takes about 2 months!

#116 Incendio

Incendio

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:12 PM

I think regardless of what you replace it with, we all would like to think that the boxes that we get in the past have a little bit of rarity to them. I know this is only the second time that Abyss helm was put in but still with the amount of them that people have. It would be great to see them taken out.

I personally would like to see new things every month and never see the same things pop into this fun boxes. It would make it fun to buy and people would buy more of them thinking this was their only chance to get such items.

Also it would stop flooding the market with head gears that no one wants, since that has been happening to the point where you all felt the need to give us an npc to turn in all those crap head gears.

^ Down with AK hats up with KVM badges + them being tradeable!

seriously i lvled to 130 without a Rideword Hat. Everyone whines too much about not having all these stuff! if you guys remember how RO lvling was before renewal you all should be thankful of all these quest and consecutive x2 exp event. Everyone's getting spoiled! There's no such thing as hard work anymore cz lvling to max lvl takes about 2 months!

I think you ment to say 2 days.

Edited by Incendio, 06 September 2011 - 10:13 PM.

#117 KataiKou

KataiKou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

I started out with crappy NPC gear and worked my way up, everyone else can too. :P It's all a part of playing the game.

I think as a forum Mod, you have just a tad more patience with most things than the rest of us >_>

Honestly, the level grind isn't that bad. Eden Quests go fast, and the Turn-In quests are a blast (and a great way to meet people). It also encourages exploration, so you level in a lot of different places you normally wouldn't visit. It's cool and engaging.

It's the money grind that sucks so much. The best way I found to make money? Take my Rogue into the Sphinx and farm Verits for immortal hearts. I make about 5-6 million in a dedicated weekend (probably the most boring weekend I've ever played). I'm not blessed with the luck of amazing card drops, nor am I high level enough to farm Valk gears or whatnot because I'm still sporting Edenwear. And farming Verits (or Mandragoras, or anything else that drops lucrative common drops) isn't really something you do with a party. I can kill them easily on my own, and people are reluctant to share drops anyway. If there was a party-friendly way to make money, I'm all for it. But right now, farming money is a solitary job. It's the least interesting thing about this game.

#118 Hulk

Hulk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts

we've just gotten abys hat.. i know its possible to get it replaced with something else just not that pls.. now i think that the first list is better.. alot of people wants kvm badge in it so u might wanna reconsider that..

#119 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:13 PM

I know several people who leveled to 150 under 3 days.

#120 zplus

zplus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:14 PM

Capitalism exists in RO. Deal with it.

Hence what I said "Give them the finger and tell them to play whatever is out there." If that's what Heim thinks than good luck seeing iRO in a years time if not less. (Note: I quote iRO but not RO in general, the other servers are doing pretty well out there.)

That's plain silly. Leveling has gotten so much easier than like 6 years back ago.

Holy Jebus, people should really appreciate what's given now. Before there were barely any events or anything. >_>;;

Yes I agree, getting to 99 now is like leveling to 70 back in the days, oh and I forgot to mention that your char dies like a lvl 70 too, and if you want to level to 150, you have got to grind the old way or spam your BM (which is good profit for the company, Im all for that) or medals or blanks or progr...

I do appreciate the events, it has gotten players together, which is a very good thing indeed. But if we all just sits in appreciation nothing will change, like, why have colour TVs when black n white TVs would show you the pictures just fine when there were only a radio box in the house.

#121 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:14 PM

Here is one of those people who support the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer. You are like King Louey the VII. You need to be beheaded.

lol wut?

#122 sakurawings1

sakurawings1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON
  • Server:Chaos -> Ymir -> Chaos

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:15 PM

prob less

#123 Lelouch

Lelouch

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Playing:Nothing

wheres Ro Violet Winners for week 3 & 4? Also how are the winners selected when I had a top score for Max Multi-kill during the 2nd week but wasn't choosen?

#124 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Playing:Nothing

Gear prices are ridiculous right now.
I'm not talking about luxury items either.

Destroy the market, PLEASE!

#125 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:16 PM

That RWC box is not that much appealing as the ones before...

Make it worth to buy it please.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users