Nooooooooooooo the vaaaaaaariantssssss - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* - - - - 5 votes

Nooooooooooooo the vaaaaaaariantssssss

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#51 Chipotle

Chipotle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1146 posts
  • LocationProntera back alley
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 12 September 2011 - 12:32 AM

anyone else notice the party name?

#52 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 12:49 AM

There will be much incentive when there is a possibility for a guild to acquire MvP cards, multiple Ifrit rings etc. Seeing how many scams there are on server, this is quit a possibility!

Logs dont work that way. You dont know what you are talking about. Checking logs is very time consuming and extensive and very hard. And would they remember to?

Better to not restore these items and not risk these kinds of taking advantages of the GM.

Now that what Xellie has said about this ..i have to agree with the GM Decision for not restoring those Item..

It would be better this way since we seriously don't want people to cheat the Gm and drop stuff claiming they were Ifrit Ring and ETc.. Maybe for a Exception of Card since we can see the Name of the Card that was drop.., but not the equip

#53 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 12:51 AM

anyone else notice the party name?

life imitates art or something like that :)

#54 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 12 September 2011 - 01:17 AM

The screen with the dead body of Beelze is a very good one - no one can drop an item that fast after checking the drops aren't that good - and it's in the logs.

Still, you can't do such a thing for one player but not for another. And there are lot of ways to scam - alone the trys that would result afterwards would be a lot of work.
The support team can nothing for the portal. If you kill Beelze on that portal, I'm sorry, it's your own fault. If you don't take Greed Scrolls for such a case with you when going into ET, it's your fault.
It's bad, it's really pure unluck, but it can't be helped.
I think it would be something different with a card though, because you actually can move your cursor over it and it shows you "Beelzebub Card". There's no way to scam that - the GM's could check if someone looted the card afterwards (requieres a screenshot with the full party window!) and the case would be very clear.

The worst thing so is to go on and rage at the person you ask for help because the answer you get couldn't please you.
They're only doing their job. If you're not satisfied, write POLITLY! to a higher person, a ka Corvax as Support Team Leader.
Stay politly the whole way through is the best way to get a result.
If you're raging, rage in RL, go in a forest and scream, calm down and reply when you're at peace again.

#55 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 12 September 2011 - 02:04 AM

The screen with the dead body of Beelze is a very good one - no one can drop an item that fast after checking the drops aren't that good - and it's in the logs.

Still, you can't do such a thing for one player but not for another. And there are lot of ways to scam - alone the trys that would result afterwards would be a lot of work.
The support team can nothing for the portal. If you kill Beelze on that portal, I'm sorry, it's your own fault. If you don't take Greed Scrolls for such a case with you when going into ET, it's your fault.
It's bad, it's really pure unluck, but it can't be helped.
I think it would be something different with a card though, because you actually can move your cursor over it and it shows you "Beelzebub Card". There's no way to scam that - the GM's could check if someone looted the card afterwards (requieres a screenshot with the full party window!) and the case would be very clear.

The worst thing so is to go on and rage at the person you ask for help because the answer you get couldn't please you.
They're only doing their job. If you're not satisfied, write POLITLY! to a higher person, a ka Corvax as Support Team Leader.
Stay politly the whole way through is the best way to get a result.
If you're raging, rage in RL, go in a forest and scream, calm down and reply when you're at peace again.

1. No its NOT OUR FAULT . REASON WHY? READ BELOW

It sure is ridiculous that this can happen.

Items cannot drop on walls right? Why would it not be possible to make portals a nondrop zone too?

THE MONSTERS SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO GET ON PORTALS AND DROP ITEMS ON THEM.
2. GREED SCROLLS ARE MEANT FOR Convenience THE PLAYERS . NOT meant for COVERING UP OR WORKING AROUND NASTY Bugs like this.
3. JUST accepting a bug and Living with it IS not a feature of a community run MMORPG.
4. remember How the Selp was? It became what it is now because players asked for fairness.
5. Not dealing with a BUG and just ACCEPTING it wont make it go away.

Forgive me for wishing that this sort of thing should never happen to any player Lest they LOSE an MVP CARD LIKE THIS.

What makes me rage is not that we lost a variants. Its the FACT THAT THIS SORT OF THING CAN HAPPEN IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Edited by Zinja, 12 September 2011 - 02:08 AM.

#56 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 02:31 AM

It is your fault for killing it there. all you had to do was heal it and make it run again.

#57 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:12 AM

It is your fault for killing it there. all you had to do was heal it and make it run again.

You are missing the point totally. IT Should not be our FAULT. Why should the players be victimized by a poorly designed game feature. MMORPGS evolve and strive to improve player experience.

I say it Again:
THE MONSTERS SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO GET ON PORTALS AND DROP ITEMS ON THEM.JUST accepting a bug and Living with it is not the way an MMORPG runs.

#58 Aeroku

Aeroku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:30 AM

You are missing the point totally. IT Should not be our FAULT. Why should the players be victimized by a poorly designed game feature. MMORPGS evolve and strive to improve player experience.

I say it Again:
THE MONSTERS SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO GET ON PORTALS AND DROP ITEMS ON THEM.JUST accepting a bug and Living with it is not the way an MMORPG runs.

so question, why are you playing this poorly designed mmorpg if you know that can happen? basically you become the victim of the so-called game and then you just QQ, lol. nobody is gonna help you if that's how you'll act. pretty stupid, tbh. smarter people would find their way around it instead, but unlike you, who would QQ non stop to get what you want.

+ you should be lucky its just variant. hell other people have lost other :) from this kinda stuff and just get over it. what goes around comes around, bad luck comes and good luck comes after time.

Edited by Aeroku, 12 September 2011 - 03:31 AM.

#59 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:37 AM

At least a statement that this isn't something that can easily be fixed would be really nice though, don't you agree?... :)

#60 Alca

Alca

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:50 AM

I pity the party who'd have zinja as their messenger.

#61 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:51 AM

drop poring card on portal of ET level 5
cry to GMs
get GTB card

Edit: OH THAT WOULDNT WORK

they'd see my log of what I dropped.

I wonder if GMs would actually do something if a useless card drops on the portal.

#62 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 September 2011 - 04:58 AM

1. No its NOT OUR FAULT . REASON WHY? READ BELOW

THE MONSTERS SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO GET ON PORTALS AND DROP ITEMS ON THEM.

You know it CAN happen, cause I'm sure you're playing a while now, and aren't a newbie. Everyone knows about this kinda stuff. I also know from a GTB Card that landed on the Portal of Culverts (back on euRO). This is bad luck, sure.
Still - if you don't wanna loose stuff from your MvP, exspecially if you're in endless Tower without competition, don't kill it on the portal or have at least another monster of the room staying alive so that the portal won't open after you killed the MVP. Easy thing. If you kill it on the portal, which was OBVIOUS, don't cry for the MvP Loot...

2. GREED SCROLLS ARE MEANT FOR Convenience THE PLAYERS . NOT meant for COVERING UP OR WORKING AROUND NASTY Bugs like this.

Greed Scrolls though are a fine way to be sure your loot is "safe". No matter if you like the system of RO or don't, if you don't wanna loose Loot on portals and are unable to kill your MvP somewhere else, take them with you.

3. JUST accepting a bug and Living with it IS not a feature of a community run MMORPG.

You say it's a bug. Others may say it's a normal part of the game.
I agree with dead cells, that shouldn't be happen. But you know where the portal is, when you killing the monster next to it, it's your fault, not a bug.

4. remember How the Selp was? It became what it is now because players asked for fairness.

I have no idea what you mean with Selp, no.

5. Not dealing with a BUG and just ACCEPTING it wont make it go away.

Forgive me for wishing that this sort of thing should never happen to any player Lest they LOSE an MVP CARD LIKE THIS.

Again, you know it can happen - so it's not a bug, it's your own fault. Easy thing.
Tell me where's the bug that a portal works as it works?
It might even be impossible to restrict the area of a portal from having loot falling down. Why? Because players couldn't walk at this cells AS WELL.
Easy way to be sure this can't happen in ET anymore?
Make a clickable wall instead of a portal.
People who rage above this because this take incredible longer than just walking through a portal because no one is so dumb (sorry, but it's true) to kill an MvP on top of a portal? incredible high...
I could understand the anger if it would be with Amon Ra or Entweihen actually, who are the only immobile MvPs. Still you could leave a monster alive when you see them on a portal and be happy with looting first, killing afterwards.

What makes me rage is not that we lost a variants. Its the FACT THAT THIS SORT OF THING CAN HAPPEN IN THE FIRST PLACE.

No, what makes you rage is the fact that you don't get your stuff which you lost on to your own fault and that you can't accept it to be your fault. All others are fault, but you not. That's what makes you jump on the rage wagon as soon as someone says something you don't like.
Be honest, did you ever even THOUGHT about this topic till you experienced it? No, I'm sure not.
Have you seen Loot on Portals anytime before, be it MvP or not? Surely.
Remember -> Learn -> Don't do it. Somewhere in the process you made this mistake. You lost the loot. End of the line.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sorry for you and your party members loosing the loot.
But I'm not sorry for you with showing this attitude, as well to the support as to someone else who didn't even came near to be mean to you. Learn how to calm down before impulsive write (or shout) something, it'll help in your life.

#63 cRoc

cRoc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 05:00 AM

You can always bring a BS alt..... stupid post is stupid

@Rutana: leet Post =D

Edited by cRoc, 12 September 2011 - 05:03 AM.

#64 Unifan

Unifan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 711 posts
  • Server:Private Server

Posted 12 September 2011 - 05:19 AM

There will be much incentive when there is a possibility for a guild to acquire MvP cards, multiple Ifrit rings etc. Seeing how many scams there are on server, this is quit a possibility!

Logs dont work that way. You dont know what you are talking about. Checking logs is very time consuming and extensive and very hard. And would they remember to?

Better to not restore these items and not risk these kinds of taking advantages of the GM.

checking logs are time consuming, that is why the GM always ask for a date and possible time of the lost if "they were going to restore anything" :)

#65 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:28 AM

You are missing the point totally. IT Should not be our FAULT.

But it is your fault, because you did something stupid. Yes it sucks, however;
it was avoidable before beel got to the portal,
it was avoidable after beel got to the portal
it was avoidable after beel died on the portal.

3 strikes and your out (of excuses).

Having things drop on dead cells and be lost that way though is bad game design (although not related to Zinjas whinge really).

#66 nosurrender

nosurrender

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:39 AM

omg their party name is nubsss LOL LOL

#67 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:47 AM

god good learn how to play and play smart

you only lost like 70mil i can get that back just hunting other MVPs or valf GD

#68 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:17 AM

Haven't read most replies, direct to original poster;

My friend got a ghostring card and he stopped to screen shot it because he wanted a pic of it on the floor, and during the delay from hitting print screen, a kukre came and ate it, deleting it. He put in a ticket and the GMs refused to restore the item because he never picked it up. Pretty asinine.

Wouldn't expect your situation to be any different. You could have restricted bee's movement, pushed it off portal, or picked up the gear with a cloaked/stalked character, or a greed smith. Its sad and all but I don't see how you should be any different than other people who haven't had stuff restored...

#69 KataiKou

KataiKou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:46 AM

With the whole cards thing, there's nothing preventing it from being a blank card. That sort of nulls the whole thing.

Anyway, yes, this is a problem. No, GMs will likely not restore the item. No, there's no easy way to fix this. There are many many many many things broken with this game, and we all have to find ways to work around it. Why? Because the game has flaws from the ground up. It would probably be easier to build a new game than fix a lot of the problems that weren't really issues 10 years ago.

Yes, it's frustrating. Yes, I know you feel wronged and would like to see justice prevail. But unfortunately, that can't happen without some double standards and risking scams and other problems that might arise.

But now that you're aware of the problem (and have made people aware of the problem as well, and I thank you for that), you can better prepare yourself for it. You can get Greed Scrolls (I hate this option, since Greed Scrolls are Kafra shop items), or you can carry around a Frilldora Carded Garment with you to have cloaking available.

#70 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:11 AM

#71 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:14 AM

#72 cRoc

cRoc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:22 AM

With the whole cards thing, there's nothing preventing it from being a blank card. That sort of nulls the whole thing.

Anyway, yes, this is a problem. No, GMs will likely not restore the item. No, there's no easy way to fix this. There are many many many many things broken with this game, and we all have to find ways to work around it. Why? Because the game has flaws from the ground up. It would probably be easier to build a new game than fix a lot of the problems that weren't really issues 10 years ago.

Yes, it's frustrating. Yes, I know you feel wronged and would like to see justice prevail. But unfortunately, that can't happen without some double standards and risking scams and other problems that might arise.

But now that you're aware of the problem (and have made people aware of the problem as well, and I thank you for that), you can better prepare yourself for it. You can get Greed Scrolls (I hate this option, since Greed Scrolls are Kafra shop items), or you can carry around a Frilldora Carded Garment with you to have cloaking available.

any decents ET run should bring a alt BS

#73 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:25 AM

Except it says Blank Card if you have cursor on it O:

#74 wonka

wonka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • LocationTamaulipas, Mexico~
  • Server:Loki>Ymir>Chaos~

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:26 AM

This happened to me before. I was drop trading a +0 nid and guess what? I dropped it on a dead cell. If I didnt get mine back, you wont.

its not the same thing xD they killed an mvp and they cant get the loot but u droped the items so its your noob fault. thats why trade exists xD

#75 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:34 AM

I have to say there's no reason to kill anything besides Bee on a portal... @@

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users