85 replies to this topic

#51 Ti66er

Ti66er

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 229 posts
  • LocationYour soul. 998 to go.

Posted 05 October 2011 - 05:25 AM

No, Rim is a handsome guy. He's only pretty when I have him alone at night.

No one is what they seem around here... quit foolin me people.

And are we really sitting on the fact that groggy is the only way to beat elga's "2nd" form? does'nt he have like four...

#52 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 05 October 2011 - 05:54 AM

No one is what they seem around here... quit foolin me people.

And are we really sitting on the fact that groggy is the only way to beat elga's "2nd" form? does'nt he have like four...

Elga has 3 forms. first form he takes full damage all the time. 2nd form he takes full damage while charging or groggied, 3rd form he he takes damage only when heart is exposed.
edit: Everyone is a trap.

Edited by StormHaven, 05 October 2011 - 05:56 AM.

#53 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:43 AM

Just wanted to note that I was browsing the IAH forums a few minutes ago, and one of the players from their Elga videos confirmed that the only real things you have to worry about for Elga using their strategy are teamwork, HLT and CD (ATK/MATK and DEF/MDEF help, of course, but in more of an "advantage" sense, he said).

That's not to say IAH's way of doing it is the only way, of course, but since they've been successful using at least one team configuration it doesn't hurt to take their advice.

But yeah, as stated earlier, coordinated attacks are probably the biggest thing missing here.

#54 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:15 AM

I think that's a pretty difficult thing to overcome. Meeting up for them is a bit more common in their server as they have Cafes and often hold gathering events, while only select players--at a pretty big inconvenience-could even try here. On that note, I don't think being together is necessary, though it clearly helped them, but I imagine it'd be quite difficult to organize eight people through a program like Ventrilo. Not to mention Elga is laggy and disconnecting enough, and there's people like me who crash using Ventrilo.

I'm rambling my thoughts out about it, but I'd rather think that it would just take some type of Football style planning among a team before going in and it should be doable with our quality of players.

Edited by Rimmy, 05 October 2011 - 10:59 AM.

#55 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:23 AM

Best Elga team. Obviously:

-3 Dragoons
-3 Ninjas
-2 Setinels

1 Dragoon, 1 Ninja, 2 setinels on one team
2 Dragoons and 2 Setinels on another

Best option: The team all obtain ventrillo to be the 2nd best option for coordination.

Now then using Ascension and BadTouch as an example they have 3 great Dragoons already. And 2 great setinels. Now the ninja part however not so sure.

EDIT: Now let's pick the best of those 3 classes and try now.

Edited by Coolsam, 05 October 2011 - 10:26 AM.

#56 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationDefinitely in my zone
  • Server:Spamonica

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:33 AM

I think that's a pretty difficult thing to overcome. Meeting up for them is a bit more common in their server as they have Cafes and often hold gathering events, while only select players--at a pretty big inconvenience-could even try here. On that note, I don't think being together is necessary, though it clearly helped them, but I imagine it'd be quite difficult to organize eight people through a program like Ventrilo. Not to mention Elga is laggy and disconnecting enough, and there's people like me who crash using Ventrilo.

Also everyone is a rapist!

#57 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationDefinitely in my zone
  • Server:Spamonica

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:38 AM

Just wanted to note that I was browsing the IAH forums a few minutes ago, and one of the players from their Elga videos confirmed that the only real things you have to worry about for Elga using their strategy are teamwork, HLT and CD (ATK/MATK and DEF/MDEF help, of course, but in more of an "advantage" sense, he said).

That's not to say IAH's way of doing it is the only way, of course, but since they've been successful using at least one team configuration it doesn't hurt to take their advice.

But yeah, as stated earlier, coordinated attacks are probably the biggest thing missing here.

omgdoublepost but perhaps it's wise to wait until the new sets are released, ie lvl 70 pally CD set. Perhaps wait until people have a chance to fully expand their CD options.

#58 Reviren

Reviren

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 498 posts
  • LocationIn your closet, stalking you!
  • Server:GUESS.

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:41 AM

Best Elga team. Obviously:

-3 Dragoons
-3 Ninjas
-2 Setinels

1 Dragoon, 1 Ninja, 2 setinels on one team
2 Dragoons and 2 Setinels on another

Best option: The team all obtain ventrillo to be the 2nd best option for coordination.

Now then using Ascension and BadTouch as an example they have 3 great Dragoons already. And 2 great setinels. Now the ninja part however not so sure.

EDIT: Now let's pick the best of those 3 classes and try now.

Ascension... Ninja... Yurai... No need to think. xD

#59 Ti66er

Ti66er

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 03:42 PM

Doesnt play anymore.

#60 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 04:12 PM

Doesnt play anymore.

Logs on and plays occasionally. Saw in bsq last week.

#61 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 05 October 2011 - 05:26 PM

Just saw the milk-covered Ninja in Ellora.

#62 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:41 PM

It's pretty BA that all these people are getting together to discuss this invincible boss that DC's you when you're winning. I'll never get to 60, let alone 80, have 483 hours on a 54 myrm, but whatever team defeats this guy should get some insane prize in real life. Like a team portrait that's pinned on the forums or the site. And maybe some Doritos.

#63 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:04 PM

It's pretty BA that all these people are getting together to discuss this invincible boss that DC's you when you're winning. I'll never get to 60, let alone 80, have 483 hours on a 54 myrm, but whatever team defeats this guy should get some insane prize in real life. Like a team portrait that's pinned on the forums or the site. And maybe some Doritos.

DORITOS!!

Oh sorry. Made me think of chips all the sudden.

And a proper discussion is necessary if we wanna wipe the floor with the toughest boss Gravity has released in this games history. No boss in the game has ever given players as much trouble. Lavalon was too easy, even with later buffs in the updates, Aram/Mutisha wasn't all that tough, Bone dragon was more a long winded battle then a difficult one, then became super easy, and even Paris was eventually downed as a hobby to players now.

But Elga, he's a new category of powerhouse evil. He even withstood the CoolSam backhand! You gotta be at the least; 4-kinds of "liek a boss" to do that. The first recorded win (screenshot, video, etc.) will be remembered for a long time I assure you.

#64 Ti66er

Ti66er

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 05:04 AM

Logs on and plays occasionally. Saw in bsq last week.

Ah thats nice, bsq is a waste of time imo. Prolly why I dont see him/her anymore.

I havent even really done paris tbh. Keep getting dced trying to lvl a 63 sorc.

#65 Slayze

Slayze

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:55 AM

For "teamwork", we were essentially essentially shouting "run" and "attack" (though usually in more rude and coarse ways...) during phase 2.
It's possible to duplicate that by either spamming Alt-number emotes, single letter spam in All chat, or voice chat programs.

For the "IM buff items" or "special consumables", all they do is heal the entire party's HP or MP up to full.
It's mainly used to save team-mates from death / during times when you're too lazy to heal through normal potions.
IM potions are able to take their place easily though. Or just die and use a revival feather / easter egg.

Safety foam was for perfect safety for TR, yes.
It makes for a lot more efficient dagger spamming when there's a semi-permanent TR area in that particular spot.

2nd form he takes full damage while charging or groggied,

To be accurate, I believe Elga takes more than full damage while groggied.

Additionally, the German server downed theirs too, a week back (no idea if anyone pointed it out yet):

Took longer than IAH despite them having more shadows than us, heh.

Also, can anyone post some screenshots of your skill descriptions at the moment?
Either anything from the marksman's tree or any 2nd class.

Edited by Slayze, 06 October 2011 - 08:56 AM.

#66 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:05 AM

Posted Image

#67 fyerolight

fyerolight

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 525 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:12 AM

Attack skills only?

EDIT:
http://img.photobuck...00613092200.jpg
http://img.photobuck...00613092601.jpg
http://img.photobuck...00613093302.jpg

Edited by fyerolight, 06 October 2011 - 09:14 AM.

#68 Slayze

Slayze

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:41 AM

Yea, the 1: and 2: parts are for the groggy system.

1: refers to how much that skill increases the groggy bar per hit.
For example, Final Decision is 1: Lv.2, hence, it'll deal 2 * 9 (hits) = up to 18 "groggy points" per use.

2: refers to the opposite, how much the skill will decrease the groggy bar per hit while the boss is in a groggy status.
Works the same way, so I won't bother explaining.

So yea, if you want to bother, just do the maths, including the cooldowns and all.
Yep.

#69 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:49 AM

I saw the Black Dragon Lord Dragoon shield in IAH (stat's not pic) and it's insane. +16 and legend near 2k def by itself.

#70 fyerolight

fyerolight

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 525 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:49 AM

Thank you very much Slayze #4

#71 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:50 AM

Yea, the 1: and 2: parts are for the groggy system.

1: refers to how much that skill increases the groggy bar per hit.
For example, Final Decision is 1: Lv.2, hence, it'll deal 2 * 9 (hits) = up to 18 "groggy points" per use.

2: refers to the opposite, how much the skill will decrease the groggy bar per hit while the boss is in a groggy status.
Works the same way, so I won't bother explaining.

So yea, if you want to bother, just do the maths, including the cooldowns and all.
Yep.

Death Stinger level 4 massacare's the bar then. As it hits anywhere from one to like nine or ten times. I don't have the exact level with Groggy in a pic though.

#72 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:13 AM

Hm, then that would make Diffusion Cannon the best groggy skill for invokers, at 1:2 (x3 hits, 6 groggy points total), at least with decent ASPD. I had noticed it would fill up groggy faster than Double Shot, but I assumed it was purely the number of hits (which is half-true, but it's also one point stronger than DS).

Spark Rock and Rain of Fire are also pretty decent, but the number of hits per use and the cooldowns limit their usefulness against Elga somewhat. Fortress and Chain Lightning might be all right, too, but I'll have to test them further.

Thanks for the info, Slayze, that should make it much easier to figure this out.

Edited by Rimmy, 06 October 2011 - 11:16 AM.

#73 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:15 AM

Boss need between ~100-150 points to groggy. I'm assuming elga needs around 2k...

#74 fyerolight

fyerolight

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 525 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:24 AM

Question: Apparently most paladin skills dont show a second number. Bug? or do their skills dont affect the decrease of the groggy bar?

#75 Slayze

Slayze

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:38 AM

No idea, but it's the same way here.
Just try hitting a groggied boss with them and see if it gets any sharp decreases.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users