Tuesday Maintenance moved to Thursday - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Tuesday Maintenance moved to Thursday

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 Zeppelin

Zeppelin

Esteemed Member

• Members
  • 1341 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 10 October 2011 - 01:39 PM

This notice is to inform you that the ROSE maintenance scheduled for tomorrow, Tuesday, October 11th will be moved to Thursday, October 13th.

This move is to allow us sufficient time to complete this weeks patch, as we prepare for the unification of Union points, accompanying changes and the Halloween Event!

The Halloween Event will begin this Thursday and run until November 1st.

#2 TankJr

TankJr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2513 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 10 October 2011 - 01:49 PM

i can see into the future: we will have a lot of bugs on thursday

zep apologize for the inconvenience

and the maintenance will be extended to friday 4 pm

#3 Zeppelin

Zeppelin

Esteemed Member

• Members
  • 1341 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 01:51 PM

i can see into the future: we will have a lot of bugs on thursday

zep apologize for the inconvenience

and the maintenance will be extended to friday 4 pm

And what happens when you're wrong? :(

#4 RedBlaze956

RedBlaze956

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Server:Drac

Posted 10 October 2011 - 01:52 PM

Posted Image

#5 TankJr

TankJr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2513 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 01:52 PM

all will be happy :blaugh:

btw: i just realize, that ur last post on twitter was like 150 days ago...

cal postet around 50 days ago the last time

why ur not active on twitter anymore?

#6 ChickenBucket

ChickenBucket

Bourgeois Representative

• Members
  • 1175 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico
  • Server:Poo'onis

Posted 10 October 2011 - 02:02 PM

wont do much difference, we will get itemmall updates on thursdays instead of tuesdays! and bugs too!

#7 Bobbylin

Bobbylin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 157 posts
  • LocationIn your moms pantyhose.
  • Server:Leonis, Draconis

Posted 10 October 2011 - 02:36 PM

The Halloween Event will begin this Thursday and run until November 1st. Sweet!!! Trik or Treat, Give me da candies!!!

#8 onicdesigns

onicdesigns

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • Server:Draco

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:11 PM

Every time I read the weekly updates. I feel the weekly updates thread has a negative slant and mostly it is the same people complaining.

My wish would be..I wish they would make more monster costumes from the monsters in game.

Just joking around I post the following:

#1: New Lucky Spin costumes with the item disassemble coins nulled and just gave saturune instead.
#2: Item mall 500+ point costumes: Return of the fairy tale costumes. Tea party, Devil, red riding hood, etc..
#3: The union points will be lost, then found, then not usable. The next maintenance is when they will be back to it used to be, then two months down the line it will be fixed.
#4: The return of the trick or treat quests from various NPCs with prizes gave to those that complete them.

---

:( :blaugh:

Edited by onicdesigns, 10 October 2011 - 03:13 PM.

#9 Jeshiro

Jeshiro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:22 PM

then errr... your right?!

#10 PoopsMcgee

PoopsMcgee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1372 posts
  • LocationSitting On Top Of The World
  • Server:The one that always DC's

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:28 PM

Every time I read the weekly updates. I feel the weekly updates thread has a negative slant and mostly it is the same people complaining.

My wish would be..I wish they would make more monster costumes from the monsters in game.

Just joking around I post the following:

#1: New Lucky Spin costumes with the item disassemble coins nulled and just gave saturune instead.
#2: Item mall 500+ point costumes: Return of the fairy tale costumes. Tea party, Devil, red riding hood, etc..
#3: The union points will be lost, then found, then not usable. The next maintenance is when they will be back to it used to be, then two months down the line it will be fixed.
#4: The return of the trick or treat quests from various NPCs with prizes gave to those that complete them.

---

:( :blaugh:

They absolutely are puking out the halloween costumes (wicked, devil, werewolf, mummy, zombie, and frankenstein seta) some time during this October again. Probably Thursday.

#11 KTFlash

KTFlash

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:49 PM

So... Pirate coins are still useful until Thursday, right?

#12 Okibi

Okibi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 214 posts
  • LocationGeorgia - United States
  • Server:Dracon

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:54 PM

They absolutely are puking out the halloween costumes (wicked, devil, werewolf, mummy, zombie, and frankenstein seta) some time during this October again. Probably Thursday.

Well then I'm glad I didn't drop that 3bil on a devil costume. :(

#13 PoopsMcgee

PoopsMcgee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1372 posts
  • LocationSitting On Top Of The World
  • Server:The one that always DC's

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:59 PM

Well then I'm glad I didn't drop that 3bil on a devil costume. :(

And I'm glad I sold my wicked set for 1b, my devil sets for 700m and 500m, mummy for 500, werewolf for 500, and vampire for 550m :blaugh:

Ps, my friend is buying Devil Boots for 400m, she's very desperate. If anyone is selling send me a pm^_^

#14 SunflowerGirl

SunflowerGirl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 279 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:33 PM

And what happens when you're wrong? :blaugh:

You meet him in TG and kill him? :(

#15 TangoBaby86

TangoBaby86

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • LocationArumic Vally
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:35 PM

This notice is to inform you that the ROSE maintenance scheduled for tomorrow, Tuesday, October 11th will be moved to Thursday, October 13th.

This move is to allow us sufficient time to complete this weeks patch, as we prepare for the unification of Union points, accompanying changes and the Halloween Event!

The Halloween Event will begin this Thursday and run until November 1st.

awsome, bring on the candy -- but, boo! no maint on the Nov 1st please, make it the 2nd. i wana play rose on my bday!

#16 SirPlagueLord

SirPlagueLord

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:31 PM

humm... lets see how Thursday will be :(

#17 pokkaking

pokkaking

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:28 PM

Ok just to make things clear ... will this maintenance thing to thursday be a permanent thing or just for this "big" patch that is coming in?

#18 calaaniwygen

calaaniwygen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:32 PM

Is it going to be the same Halloween Event as the past years? I hope not, we need something new. But the old stuff was ok, but it got boring after you've done it once.

#19 PureCreativity

PureCreativity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2164 posts
  • Location--

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:40 PM

Im looking forward to the event, and hope they will bring out some nice costumes ;)

#20 Hedean

Hedean

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:53 PM

So its back to Thursday now...

#21 Kitt

Kitt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:22 PM

Could you give us some insight into what the 'unification of Union points' means? If there is a Union item that I've been working toward, should I make sure to get enough points and buy it before Thursday's maintenance, or will the gear in the Union shops still be available afterward?

#22 Lucis

Lucis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • LocationLit Lamp Wick

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:44 PM

@Kitt:

(Time for another update, I will try and keep this post updated as new information becomes available)

Unions
The Unions will remain a part of the game lore, however the majority of their current PvP-oriented functionality is due to be deprecated to allow for more PvP game modes that are not limited to or conflict with the concept of Unions.

• NPC Vendors in each Union House will be relocated to what is currently the Clan Field area in City of Junon Polis.
  • All Union requirements will be removed from the current Union equipment.
  • Union Houses will be closed from future access.
  • Union Quest point rewards will be replaced with zulie rewards for completion.

Battle Points
As part of the deprecation of the Union system, several changes will be made to the Union Points:

• All existing Union Points obtained from each Union will be combined into a single currency called Battle Points.
  • An upper cap of 10,000 Battle Points will be enforced to prevent over-hoarding of points.
  • Players with more than 10,000 Battle Points after the conversion will keep their surplus points, but will not be able to obtain more points until they have dropped below the 10,000 point cap.
  • Battle Points will be used to purchase PvP-oriented items and equipment from the appropriate vendors.
  • Union Point Bonus Reward passive skill will be updated to reward Battle Points.
  • Union equipment and item prices will be adjusted with the release of the new PvP game modes to accommodate for the change of frequency that Battle Points can be accumulated.

Game Arena
  • Displays a list of games that the player can sign up for.
  • Keeps the player informed of their sign up status.
  • Enables game sign ups from anywhere in the game.
  • Features an on-demand game queuing system.
  • Players enter a lobby area to prepare for battle before the game begins when enough players have signed up for a game.
  • Arena Group function to enable large groups of friends or clan members to sign up for the same game and play together in the same team.

The first game types which will take advantage of the Game Arena system are:
  • Union War
    • 3 Level Tiers
    • 4 Times A Day (Scheduled during peak play times for all regions)
    • Assigns players into their Union's team (RC/FG vs JO/AR)
    • Attacker/Defender roles are randomized between each game
    • Designed for larger sized teams (Approximately 50v50 ~ 150v150)
    • Offers larger reward for participation compared to on-demand games.
  • Crystal Defenders
    • 3 Level Tiers
    • On-Demand (Games will start as soon as enough players sign up)
    • No Time Slot Limit
    • Assigns players into random teams (unless in an Arena Group)
    • Attacker/Defender roles are randomized between each game
    • Designed for smaller sized teams (Approximately 10v10 ~ 15v15)

We hope that with the introduction of on-demand game modes and multiple level tiers that the revised time intervals for the Union War are justified.

Development Timeline
It is expected that the Union Point and Union equipment changes will be happening in the coming weeks. The Game Arena interface and new game modes are still in development and are expected to be released in late October/early November period.

For the discussion of this qoute: http://forums.warppo...d/page__st__100

#23 Kitt

Kitt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 11:00 PM

I have read Genesis' notes and even sent a PM a while ago for more clarity but have not received a reply. I have 70+ Union Quest Tickets that I got from opening some IM boxes or another that I understand will no longer be usable after the update (I believe they are to be converted into Ruven Tokens).

My question is this: if I want to obtain anything from the Union Houses, should I make sure to do this before Thursday's maintenance? Genesis' post seems to indicate that the Unions will no longer be quite so involved in the PvP aspects of the game, and that from now on Union Quests will reward with zulie rather than points. Unless it will be possible to purchase Union items with zulie, it appears as though I should make sure I have whatever I want from the current Union aspect of the game before they change it. As I don't like the PvP aspect of the game, it is highly doubtful that I will ever have any Battle Points if they are going to take these items away from the Unions and place them somewhere else.

#24 Lucis

Lucis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • LocationLit Lamp Wick

Posted 10 October 2011 - 11:07 PM

I'm sure these "pvp-oriented" items they are talking about will be similar to what the union houses are offering at the moment, if not the same. If not, they might not release the new ones until people have had time to adjust to using the (now accumulated and renamed Union Points) Battle Points. But still, I feel that there is not much to fear (regarding the future equipment) with these changes, as balancing will be in order should the stats be changed.

#25 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 10 October 2011 - 11:12 PM

Could you give us some insight into what the 'unification of Union points' means? If there is a Union item that I've been working toward, should I make sure to get enough points and buy it before Thursday's maintenance, or will the gear in the Union shops still be available afterward?

There will be no changes made to the prices of Union items, the update will be merging all existing Union Points into a single currency called "Honor". While a point cap of 5000 will be added with the update, any points carried over during the conversion will ignore this restriction. Any players who reach or exceed the cap will have to spend their Honor before they can obtain more.

Here's an example:

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users