Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:13 PM

Sleipnir... Asprika needs to be better imo!

It needs better reductions, or to work, or something.
Especially with the new garments that are out on kRO. It feels so... second rate for a god item.

#2 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:15 PM

Sleipnir... Asprika needs to be better imo!

It needs better reductions, or to work, or something.
Especially with the new garments that are out on kRO. It feels so... second rate for a god item.

How could a mere backpack top a god item in terms of usefulness? :P

#3 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:19 PM

Well I suppose Asprika does free up an accessory slot, so you don't need a tele clip.

#4 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:13 PM

PSSH.

I, for one, LOVE my expensive Teleport Clip.

#5 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:33 PM

PSSH.

I've seen those Teleport Orlean's Gloves. I wanna cry when I see them.

#6 Asuki

Asuki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:49 AM

asprika isnt all that bad, use it to reduce elemental damage, its pretty useful against ktul and other mvps with high elemental melee damage

#7 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:57 AM

asprika isnt all that bad, use it to reduce elemental damage, its pretty useful against ktul and other mvps with high elemental melee damage

Posted Image

#8 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:09 AM

This is the only bandwagon I'm down for hopping on every time it comes around. But you should suggest buffs and effects!

#9 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:12 AM

Leather of tendrilion is better against ktul than asprika.

#10 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:13 AM

Leather of tendrilion is better against ktul than asprika.

How is that possible? 5% of brute and 5% off water is inferior to 30% off neutral and 30% off water. even Shadow garb's 7% off both would be superior to tendrillion. You can stack water resist and neutral resist a lot more strongly than brute resist, plus you're better off using a royal and AK helm than a brute shield anyway, so you will have very little brute resist to stack. I am not following your logic. Asprika is the best tanking garment in PVM. Its obviously not as good as a Devilring against neutral, but doesn't carry the heavy elemental damage drawback, either.

Edited by Jaye, 21 October 2011 - 05:14 AM.

#11 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:29 AM

How is that possible? 5% of brute and 5% off water is inferior to 30% off neutral and 30% off water. even Shadow garb's 7% off both would be superior to tendrillion. You can stack water resist and neutral resist a lot more strongly than brute resist, plus you're better off using a royal and AK helm than a brute shield anyway, so you will have very little brute resist to stack. I am not following your logic. Asprika is the best tanking garment in PVM. Its obviously not as good as a Devilring against neutral, but doesn't carry the heavy elemental damage drawback, either.

Because ktul rapes with his water elemental attacks that asprika cannot protect you from. so a marse leather of tendrilion which has 5% brute and a 35% water reduccion is better than 30% melee attack. You're asking to get raped. Sometimes is better to protect from mvp magic than mvp physical attack.

To make it clearer to you, Asprika does not reduce waterball and stormgust.

Edited by HRdevil, 21 October 2011 - 05:31 AM.

#12 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Server:Valk

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:32 AM

PSSH.

I love my +30 flee garment :P

#13 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:48 AM

It'd be nice to see it reinstated to its previous settings, since then at least i could use asprika rather than carrying around abunch of 30% elemental reduction garments which are superior to asprika vs 90% of MVP's. The other 10% DR garb is superior.

Nobody uses flee for anything in renewal either. pre-RE at least it was useful in pvm for a couple classes maybe, but it serves no purpose at all now.

Edited by Hrothmund, 21 October 2011 - 05:49 AM.

#14 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 October 2011 - 06:04 AM

How would you suggest it being buffed? I think giving it utility would be the only way to buff it without making it broken.
Magic already tickles and doesn't need something that widely available reducing its damage, so I think something like letting you use lvl 3+ cloaking or backslide would make it more than worthy of being a God item in the right hands.
If you want to make it borderline too good, it could allow the use of pneuma or safety wall also.
Level 2 teleport wouldn't be bad either, or just letting the teleport act as a bwing in places where teleport is disabled would be nice too.

Edited by Myzery, 21 October 2011 - 08:02 AM.

#15 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 06:07 AM

It'd be nice to see it reinstated to its previous settings, since then at least i could use asprika rather than carrying around abunch of 30% elemental reduction garments which are superior to asprika vs 90% of MVP's. The other 10% DR garb is superior.

Nobody uses flee for anything in renewal either. pre-RE at least it was useful in pvm for a couple classes maybe, but it serves no purpose at all now.

Clearly, you have no idea what you're talking about.

I notice a difference when mobbing with my 74 AGI AB rather than my 1 AGI AB. My boyfriends 2nd Sura actually dodges some attacks in PVP as well- a direct result of flee.

Edited by Snewt, 21 October 2011 - 06:20 AM.

#16 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 21 October 2011 - 06:26 AM

uh I just woke up and I'm going to post more detail in ideas later but whoever thinks that asprika is the best tanking garment for mvping clearly has never actually used a combination of deviant/asprika/immune to tank mvps through et.

Now, I'm not saying this to brag, but I'd like people to know what my source of experience is in this matter. I have tanked every single mvp in ET on my AB (and survived until it was killed). I did that with a deviant and safety wall. Elemental bash is negated by SW and reduced by armor. There was actually zero use for asprika the whole journey.

People talking about 30% garments are right. When you need to reduce magic, i.e: waterball, then yes, a marse garment etc is actually better, which is sad since unless you know an mvps ai down to the second (+ your damage and how fast you get it to the trigger % of a skill, etc) then asprika is always second rate.

edit: couldn't help picking on this either. Racial shields can be superior to alice in the situation where you a/ have to tank the mob / b/ can stack other reductions with it. For example on many mvps a hell will beat out an alice because of charming ribbon / dullahan eye / holy robe / protective souls (or w/e the skill is called). There are various brute resistances to stack up too. So it makes sense. throw in the fact that tendrillion works vs magic, you have 5% off the worst part of the damage (closely reduced to a similar amount by shield. ), or 30% off damage that is negligable in comparision without magic reduction.

Edited by Xellie, 21 October 2011 - 07:12 AM.

#17 Carp

Carp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:24 AM

put a slot on it and it will be godly again.

#18 BoingBoing

BoingBoing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:32 AM

If you add something like lvl 3 cloaking, might actually make thing worth it.

#19 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:44 AM

Clearly, you have no idea what you're talking about.

I notice a difference when mobbing with my 74 AGI AB rather than my 1 AGI AB. My boyfriends 2nd Sura actually dodges some attacks in PVP as well- a direct result of flee.

2 monsters =/= mob. Its clear you havent tried leveling in renewal based on what you've just said. I have an agi based GX and RG, I can categorically say flee has no bearing on mobbing. Saying flee is useful when mobbing on a AB is like saying matk is useful on my GX so i can use a heal clip between mobs.

Edited by Hrothmund, 21 October 2011 - 08:03 AM.

#20 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:12 AM

Due to how flee works in renewal, asprika +30 flee is inferior to prerenewal asprika flee too.

Some ideas that I would like on asprika (not all at once, but one or more of these options):

- Reduce all kind of damage.
- Work likr prerenewal assumptio?
- Give the ability to use backslide
- Give the ability to use sear dynamo level 1
- Give the ability to use genetic's cart boost (it's a garment with wings and the light of Gods, it sounds like it could make us move fast xP)
- Reduce certain percent of fixed and variable cast time (which stacks with sacrament)
- Gives certain resistance against some of the new status effects (for example: has X% chance of not being curse circled/manholed/etc)

#21 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:32 AM

Due to how flee works in renewal, asprika +30 flee is inferior to prerenewal asprika flee too.

Some ideas that I would like on asprika (not all at once, but one or more of these options):

- Reduce all kind of damage.
- Work likr prerenewal assumptio?
- Give the ability to use backslide
- Give the ability to use sear dynamo level 1
- Give the ability to use genetic's cart boost (it's a garment with wings and the light of Gods, it sounds like it could make us move fast xP)
- Reduce certain percent of fixed and variable cast time (which stacks with sacrament)
- Gives certain resistance against some of the new status effects (for example: has X% chance of not being curse circled/manholed/etc)

Those are some decent ideas. I like the cart boost and fixed cast time reduction the most.
Sadly, you would probably have to make a contract with Kyubey to get the GMs to even listen =(

#22 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:57 AM

I don't think it should provide any skills of current classes.

I like to think of it focusing on damage reduction (face it - that's what 99% of garments/garment cards are for and that is something that must be covered else it becomes sort of redundant).

Perhaps some kind of stoneskin/antimagic proc (w/o the negative effects) would be fitting.
and perfect dodge of course.

Edited by Xellie, 21 October 2011 - 08:59 AM.

#23 Streetfighta

Streetfighta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:18 AM

What about 30 Flee, 30% reduction from all attacks of all elements (includes neutral), 10 Perfect Dodge and of course the beloved Teleport lvl 1?

If it's too cheap to make, the creation costs could also be increased.

#24 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:32 AM

What about 30 Flee, 30% reduction from all PHYSICAL attacks of all elements (includes neutral), 10 Perfect Dodge and of course the beloved Teleport lvl 1?

fixed* and kro made a update already >_> its just about time to make it avaible

#25 Pandapoop

Pandapoop

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:37 AM

The Asprika and Brynhild were made for the purposes of PVM and not PVP - that's the way they were designed. I think they do their job pretty well. That's connected to the fact that they are easily forged using castles with the right eco and def. If they buffed it too much to be PVP based then they would need to change the way they are made which is too late to be done given there are already tons of asprikas and bryns out there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users