Buff Asprika - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 9 votes

Buff Asprika

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#26 RacistBlackMan

RacistBlackMan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:46 AM

2 monsters =/= mob. Its clear you havent tried leveling in renewal based on what you've just said. I have an agi based GX and RG, I can categorically say flee has no bearing on mobbing. Saying flee is useful when mobbing on a AB is like saying matk is useful on my GX so i can use a heal clip between mobs.

stupid argument, flee is for making those single monsters miss you WHILE your mobbing so you dont get hitlocked. i started down in bio2 on my rg with 1 agi and i can safely say that once i got agi mobbing became alot easier

#27 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:00 AM

Why should a god item be designed to purposefully be inferior to other items (they're not that easy to make if the game is running the way it should - and the fact that woe comp isn't what it is intended isn't an arguement to nerf it)

A different effect in WoE to pvm would be fantastic. You say it's designed for pvm, but it actually is not good for pvm past rather low level play.

#28 RacistBlackMan

RacistBlackMan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:02 AM

Why should a god item be designed to purposefully be inferior to other items (they're not that easy to make if the game is running the way it should - and the fact that woe comp isn't what it is intended isn't an arguement to nerf it)

A different effect in WoE to pvm would be fantastic. You say it's designed for pvm, but it actually is not good for pvm past rather low level play.

they should just give it like 10 vit/agi and get it over with

#29 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:04 AM

The Asprika and Brynhild were made for the purposes of PVM and not PVP - that's the way they were designed. I think they do their job pretty well. That's connected to the fact that they are easily forged using castles with the right eco and def. If they buffed it too much to be PVP based then they would need to change the way they are made which is too late to be done given there are already tons of asprikas and bryns out there.

Asprika isn't godly neither pvp or pvm. And while it might be easier to create than other god items, it still requires a castle, econ, several people for the run, pieces from every castle, just to be worse than a garment which can be farmed soloing by any chara every three days.

#30 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:10 AM

they should just give it like 10 vit/agi and get it over with

Naw, we have brisingamen for that.

#31 Astraeos

Astraeos

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 666 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:31 PM

mindlessly +1ing thread randomly

+1

#32 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:01 PM

The Asprika and Brynhild were made for the purposes of PVM and not PVP - that's the way they were designed. I think they do their job pretty well. That's connected to the fact that they are easily forged using castles with the right eco and def. If they buffed it too much to be PVP based then they would need to change the way they are made which is too late to be done given there are already tons of asprikas and bryns out there.

There is a world of difference between asprika and brynhild. Its like comparing a muffler[1] to a nyd garb[1]. If Asprika was even half as useful as brynhild, it'd be awesome.

They should just remove the 30 flee from it, they didnt change the mob penalties as far as i've noticed, so the 3rd and subsequent mobs targetting you reduce flee by about 40-50 each. They could even change it to 30 p.dodoge, since you can (for half the classes at least) get a 30p.dodge garment already so its not exactly OP (no more than 750sp armor on a sura).

#33 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:07 PM

There is a world of difference between asprika and brynhild. Its like comparing a muffler[1] to a nyd garb[1]. If Asprika was even half as useful as brynhild, it'd be awesome.

They should just remove the 30 flee from it, they didnt change the mob penalties as far as i've noticed, so the 3rd and subsequent mobs targetting you reduce flee by about 40-50 each. They could even change it to 30 p.dodoge, since you can (for half the classes at least) get a 30p.dodge garment already so its not exactly OP (no more than 750sp armor on a sura).

More like a messed up muffler that someone somehow glitched a creamy card onto compared to a +7 DR Nyd. I like the idea of just giving it lvl 5 cloaking or something (whatever you need to walk normally and not alongside a wall), or some stat bonus.

#34 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:21 PM

just give it a visible wing sprite like this thingie here:

Posted Image

and everyone will want it, no matter how bad the stats are.

#35 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:30 PM

Posted Image

Lol, wings are coming out soon I think. No need for asprika to get that look.

#36 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:51 PM

2 monsters =/= mob. Its clear you havent tried leveling in renewal based on what you've just said. I have an agi based GX and RG, I can categorically say flee has no bearing on mobbing. Saying flee is useful when mobbing on a AB is like saying matk is useful on my GX so i can use a heal clip between mobs.

I'm sorry but flee does have something to do with not getting stopped while mobbing the first monster.

i.e. Ancient Mimics

#37 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:28 PM

I'm sorry but flee does have something to do with not getting stopped while mobbing the first monster.

i.e. Ancient Mimics

But how does that apply past low level PVM play? =/
What does it do for the type of high level players associated with owning god items?

#38 Shane

Shane

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:40 PM

Make it 30% off all damage and be done with it. Then it's godly.

e: I realize the implications this has for magic users. Also buff MATK.

Edited by Shane, 21 October 2011 - 09:40 PM.

#39 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:43 PM

if making it reduce everything(including magic) is too much just make it reduce melee and ranged by 30% from all elements.

#40 xinn

xinn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • Locationinside ur mind...
  • Server:VALK

Posted 22 October 2011 - 02:44 AM

Asprika: Reduces damage from all elements by 30% reduces all damage from physical neutral atks by 40%. reduces after cast delay by 15% when worn by mage/merchant class's: flee +30 when worn by thief class's: hp increase by 15% when worn by knight class's: hit +30 when worn by archer class's:

#41 Aeroku

Aeroku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 05:50 AM

bryn is sura main armour for more sp when fisting, you're funny saying its not for pvp. and overall its called god item, all god item has been known to be useful both pvm and pvp aspect (but of course, not so much for asprika). get it right.

#42 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 05:57 AM

But how does that apply past low level PVM play? =/
What does it do for the type of high level players associated with owning god items?

I don't understand what you're asking @_@

When we had the Thanatos TI, I found it difficult to mob for my boyfriend on my 109 AB (w/1 agi and low flee).

When I got on my 150 AB (with agi/flee), mobbing was a lot easier. I don't have eddga shoes, so flee is helpful when I don't get stopped after grabbing the first monster, effectively allowing me to mob more. I do use KE while grabbing mobs.

In the seriousness of the thread though, asprika does need to be buffed. I share one with my boyfriend and I do use it (we don't have a DR). It doesn't seem all that bad but it's definitely worse now than it was. I just didn't like reading the argument that flee is useless now when I have personal experience to the contrary. He (boyfriend) has dueled with other sura in PVP on his 2nd sura (which has a different skill/stat build than his MVPing sura) and has fleed some OHKO attacks. I think he mentioned fleeing exceed break a few times too. Sure, flee isn't as powerful as it is on a homunculus, but I believe it still does have it's uses.

Don't mistake me for being all "FLEE IS THE BEST OMG," because that's not how I feel at all- I just don't like reading things that say "X IS USELESS," when there isn't the proper evidence or experience to back it up.

#43 xinn

xinn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • Locationinside ur mind...
  • Server:VALK

Posted 22 October 2011 - 07:23 AM

Flee is useless for pvm situations say pre renewal mechanics you could flee mobs of 40 and still have the same flee as you would at fleeing 3 now adays the mechanics are once you have 8-11 mobs your flee is reduced by 70percent. that is why people say flee is useless trust me i was a 99 agi sinx with 1 vit was a bit of a shock when renewal hit.

#44 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 07:25 AM

Posted Image

Those wings will be better than Asprika, in stats~~~~~ /heh

But yes, Asprika would be cool with a cute sprite. Someone willing to sprite it~?

The flee mob penalty is sad. It makes flee classes useless. And really, perfect dodge makes a better job than normal flee [on mob settings]. Maybe 30 Perfect Dodge on the Asprika would make it better than a +10 valk manteau [for the classes which get perfect dodge]. And the idea of have 30% resist to both melee and magic would be fine too.

Any problem make the reduction per size, like Hodremlin. >.<

Edited by asayuu, 22 October 2011 - 07:27 AM.

#45 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • LocationMexico, Campeche
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 22 October 2011 - 07:44 AM

Why doesn't just add a bonus stat just like sleipnir? That would be awesome, i don't want more reducts than are already on those gay kafra shop gears.

#46 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:15 AM

Flee is useless for pvm situations say pre renewal mechanics you could flee mobs of 40 and still have the same flee as you would at fleeing 3 now adays the mechanics are once you have 8-11 mobs your flee is reduced by 70percent. that is why people say flee is useless trust me i was a 99 agi sinx with 1 vit was a bit of a shock when renewal hit.

Asprika: Reduces damage from all elements by 30% reduces all damage from physical neutral atks by 40%. reduces after cast delay by 15% when worn by mage/merchant class's: flee +30 when worn by thief class's: hp increase by 15% when worn by knight class's: hit +30 when worn by archer class's:

you said Flee is useless yet you gave mage/merchant classes +30 flee and thief classes a whopping +15% HP? so biased

#47 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:26 AM

I don't understand what you're asking @_@

When we had the Thanatos TI, I found it difficult to mob for my boyfriend on my 109 AB (w/1 agi and low flee).

When I got on my 150 AB (with agi/flee), mobbing was a lot easier. I don't have eddga shoes, so flee is helpful when I don't get stopped after grabbing the first monster, effectively allowing me to mob more. I do use KE while grabbing mobs.

In the seriousness of the thread though, asprika does need to be buffed. I share one with my boyfriend and I do use it (we don't have a DR). It doesn't seem all that bad but it's definitely worse now than it was. I just didn't like reading the argument that flee is useless now when I have personal experience to the contrary. He (boyfriend) has dueled with other sura in PVP on his 2nd sura (which has a different skill/stat build than his MVPing sura) and has fleed some OHKO attacks. I think he mentioned fleeing exceed break a few times too. Sure, flee isn't as powerful as it is on a homunculus, but I believe it still does have it's uses.

Don't mistake me for being all "FLEE IS THE BEST OMG," because that's not how I feel at all- I just don't like reading things that say "X IS USELESS," when there isn't the proper evidence or experience to back it up.

Oh, I use perfect dodge for that mobbind stuff. high + valk mant + flash accessories + quad lucky rod. and/or anodyne. But I play a kind of normal vit/int/dex/luk AB.

All out reduction + Pefect dodge in PVM.
Applies only to physical damage in WoE.

how about that?

#48 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 09:35 AM

Just introduce those sick backpack things from kro/jro. They're 10x better than an asprika anyway

#49 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 22 October 2011 - 09:35 AM

Oh, I use perfect dodge for that mobbind stuff. high + valk mant + flash accessories + quad lucky rod. and/or anodyne. But I play a kind of normal vit/int/dex/luk AB.

All out reduction + Pefect dodge in PVM.
Applies only to physical damage in WoE.

how about that?

I'd go for that.

#50 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 22 October 2011 - 09:52 AM

Just introduce those sick backpack things from kro/jro. They're 10x better than an asprika anyway

Well that's the point ;p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users