Rangers are tired of being bullied - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 6 votes

Rangers are tired of being bullied

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

#1 Weeeelium

Weeeelium

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 452 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:25 AM

Rangers please feel free to share your thoughts on your ranger. Any other classes may feel free to say what they think about a ranger. Criticism or anything please support with evidence ;)

#2 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:32 AM

I dont play this class but in WOE, 1 Ranger who keeps on spamming traps around EMP help disable intruders near portals, break EMP w/high ASPD from DISTANCE and help killers w/his range atks while Auto-Warging to stop targets from moving. ;)

Personally, Rangers for me are good in disabling ppl coz they can pin-down, mostly the hard-to-kill classes; RKs/RGs and using status carded bows (my friend Ranger uses Magnolia's effect Curse)

These are from my experiences as WOE player and regularly seeing a fellow Ranger around is always a big help for me. :)

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 25 October 2011 - 02:32 AM.

#3 llzarrockll

llzarrockll

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:37 AM

i love the sniper class

#4 Weeeelium

Weeeelium

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:43 AM

I dont play this class but in WOE, 1 Ranger who keeps on spamming traps around EMP help disable intruders near portals, break EMP w/high ASPD from DISTANCE and help killers w/his range atks while Auto-Warging to stop targets from moving. ;)

Personally, Rangers for me are good in disabling ppl coz they can pin-down, mostly the hard-to-kill classes; RKs/RGs and using status carded bows (my friend Ranger uses Magnolia's effect Curse)

These are from my experiences as WOE player and regularly seeing a fellow Ranger around is always a big help for me. :)

Its good to hear that a ranger is able to support his party or guild in this way. However being a ranger, instinctively they'd hope it could be recognized as a killer more than supporter.

It is true that a ranger is able to kill some people through using traps. However not all of the rangers prefer to go the trap way. People who would like to go auto warg find it hard to survive anywhere. Warg bite was supposed to help, however with snap and backslide and other skills which are able to counter it, warg bite cannot be dependent on. With a low hp pool and low range attack, rangers are basically only better off for pvm.

Status bows are actually not as useful as people say they'd be, with green potion or certain cards, status bows can be useless.

It is easy to input the good points of rangers. But if anyone were to ask a ranger who played for some time, they'd probably just tell you in the face the class is one of the worst or worst in the game.

Rangers feel the lack of ability to kill targets stably. Hp is a big issue, range attacks are pretty low, they are being countered by alot of ways. Warg hits only once, It isn't easy to get 193 aspd. I'm sure there are even more things that rangers themselves can bring up.

Overall, this class somehow feels neglected. If rangers name were ever to be mentioned, they will never be mentioned as op but as sad.

#5 Unifan

Unifan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 711 posts
  • Server:Private Server

Posted 25 October 2011 - 03:29 AM

ranger do need a buff, cuz as for now ranger are prety much the most useless class i ever known, all they have is warg bite to disable classes that dnt have snap/backslide, and other atack can be block by lol pneuma, or their trap can be easly destoryed, lol dragon breath/ice launcer/windmill/crazy weed, whatever other skill that can destroy traps. and yeah thats my oppinion

#6 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:31 AM

Also, if any class needs a new sprite, it would have been ranger, not rk..I thought.

#7 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:36 AM

Disable Snap on Warg Bite/Ankle Snare and I'll actually play a Bow Ranger again, otherwise it's just gonna be a noobfest of Suras spamming Snap to get close to the Ranger so they can 1 shot them. ;) Really pathetic...

#8 jeff19007

jeff19007

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1909 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:36 AM

ranger is nothing.. ;) and still nothing after the balance patch.. how sad. :)

#9 rivermans

rivermans

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • LocationProntera in the World of Rune Midgard
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:47 AM

Rangers from the beginning were meant to be a disabling class (i.e traps, distractions with warg bite)not a killer class. The Classes Designed to be killers were Suras, Sorcerers, Warlocks, Rk'S, and RG's.

#10 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:51 AM

Rangers from the beginning were meant to be a disabling class (i.e traps, distractions with warg bite)not a killer class. The Classes Designed to be killers were Suras, Sorcerers, Warlocks, Rk'S, and RG's.

What?

#11 Weeeelium

Weeeelium

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:55 AM

I feel rangers are disabled more than disabling people. If only killer classes are meant to shine, wouldn't being a disabler be unfair? How is warg bite disabling a sura or gx when they can simply snap or backslide?

#12 MeisterKirisaki

MeisterKirisaki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • LocationiRO Loki

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:05 AM

Any other classes may feel free to say what they think about a ranger.

I notice a Ranger in WoE when I'm Warg bitten and can't move ahead. They sometimes seem to shoot at me, but I can't say for sure when I look at my health bar. Other than that they quickly disappear from any battle field.

They might be decent in PvM, but I haven't really seen more of a fragile mobber in them when I've sporadically partied Rangers in bigger parties.

#13 Tirasu

Tirasu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 559 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos- ohwait

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:57 AM

What?

^ agreed
Are people stupid enough to think full support classes are main killers now?

Also rangers could be a lot more potent before the retard idea to enable backslide in WoE, the idea that snap isn't OP in WoE, and the fact that using these skills cancels the trap. There main use has always been ankle snare and SP drain traps. They do need more tricks, outside there new ability to spam traps under people.

Edited by Tirasu, 25 October 2011 - 06:30 AM.

#14 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 06:33 AM

Rangers can "disable" Suras if they have Rangdris card. But the sura can still snap 15 times, or recast Fury when it is safe

Point is. Bow classes are useless in WOE, because of the lack of things to do. Damage is low and status arrows are expensive.

Oh, come on. As a Wanderer, I believe I am "more useful" [LIES. the right term is "less useless"] than a Ranger. At least I can DSL/Siren/Despair AND RUN FOR MY LIFE! I mean, the nerfed rate of both skills / not being able to cast despair under people / Status Recovery healing despair after balance patch will make it worse to run though.

I wish a Ranger could deal more damage with their bows. Hunters and Snipers were the bow class on pre-renewal. It makes no sense the bow class on Renewal being the Wanderer [SR outdamages anything a Ranger have with a bow, except in 185+ aspd], while Ranger is considered "the trap class".

#15 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 25 October 2011 - 06:50 AM

Warlocks and Sorcerers are killing classes in WoE? If anything, Rangers outclass Warlocks and Sorcerers when it comes to DPS in WoE. Pit a Sorcerer vs a Ranger and the Ranger will win almost every time. When the balance patches get here, Rangers will have an easier time dealing with Warlocks who rely on White Imprison too much as well.

#16 Weeeelium

Weeeelium

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 06:58 AM

Rangers used to be bow based with the help of traps. Why is it now that it deviates away from mainly using bow, to traps now? It affects bow lovers and people who enjoy high aspd, locking. It is true that using fire trap is a better way to lvl during pvm. But it would be good if bow based attacks, aspd etc could be switched to when playing against players or woe. For example a sura, they use skyblow, lr to lvl. But they would reset to revit, goh knuckle etc.. Why couldn't ranger be like this too?

The way ranger is being developed shows how unsure it actually is being developed. Any other classes using kvm compared to a ranger using kvm shows significant difference. Rarely any ranger would be willing to put their kvm points/badges to exchange for a kvm bow.

Rangers are weak and very susceptible to any damage and they'd probably get one shotted every time. Rangers are perfect targets for ninjas, who need only lvl to 99 to completely kill off a ranger easily who slogged hard till 3rd class.

To be honest i am pretty sure rangers aren't getting the attention they deserved. And by changing from falcon to warg, it totally upsets me because a warg does not have 5 hits.

Even so if you managed to hit 193 aspd, you'd have given up on other aspects like hp, def and stuff. Shooting with 193 aspd, your hp would probably not be high even if you added a lot of vit. Adding a lot of vit would only mean losing points which could be added to other areas. As the bow attack is already so low, losing such precious points just leads a ranger to the point where he/she have to say ranger sucks .

Some people might say oh no, rangers are pretty good. But when asked do they have one, they'd usually reply no. Basically saying the class is pretty good without experiencing it yourself is just talk.

Rangers = Rangers Are Neglected, Going Extinct Real Soon

Edited by Weeeelium, 25 October 2011 - 06:58 AM.

#17 Furinkazan

Furinkazan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:10 PM

better report it to zordon

#18 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:44 PM

^ lol
I love hunter class, but I'm waiting for a buff to bow skills for PVM before I level my ranger more

#19 Zayik

Zayik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • LocationReno, Nevada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:53 PM

I went into pvp with my sniper. I had Morrigane's set with all the sniper buffs on and was dealing a massive 10-20 damage per crit to a sura. I was using my +7 burning bow with fire arrows too and 71 dex, so that means no immune working towards his reduction too. I just hate to see what it'll be with the new WoE/pvp gears that will be implemented which is another 15-20% ranged reduction on top of the 15 + 2-5 % demi human reduction these gears will give. Once again, classes are getting free resistance towards ranged damage. Anyways, the Sura laughed at me and told me to make a new class. That just goes to show how horrid bow hunter classes really are.

Honestly, my super novice does more damage using that Eden dagger than my sniper can to people in pvp. Maybe I'm noob, but either way, something seems really wrong here.

#20 Chigikogou

Chigikogou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:22 PM

^ My pvp buddy with almost enormous amount of MVP gears and even GOD items could barely kill.
I'll just have to say Ranger classes are for PVM and WOE not pvp.
(I even 1 hit him with Killing Stroke while he has Deviling Garment on .. yeah Rangers need some buffing or not..?)

Edited by Chigikogou, 26 October 2011 - 01:23 PM.

#21 geniewinie

geniewinie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:43 PM

>.> who could that be? Lol?

#22 geniewinie

geniewinie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:51 PM

Posted Image Ranger's are weak as hell. When I say weak, im pertaining to damage & killing rate. Although most of our ranger skills are F_u-c~k-e-d up & ranger's become reliant to their trapz, we are heavily better as a defense type of character atm compared to any other class. A Meg Gearded Ranger can still kill people even RG, Rk, Suras (+20 kvm bow gives almost 900 atk /gg) and with stand 1 hit of GoH even thought the 2nd GoH would kill us. rangers are bad as offensive but awesome as defensive currently. that's why when I defend a castle I'm always with either 2 RK, 2RG, 2Sura, or any 2killers.

#23 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 26 October 2011 - 03:54 PM

I kind of agree with Hayroh. I love defending a castle with a ranger. I'll play my RG/Sura to kill and the Ranger locks them down for me. WOE is a team game. Rangers definitely have there role.

#24 BradleyRyan

BradleyRyan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 26 October 2011 - 03:57 PM

I went into pvp with my sniper. I had Morrigane's set with all the sniper buffs on and was dealing a massive 10-20 damage per crit to a sura. I was using my +7 burning bow with fire arrows too and 71 dex, so that means no immune working towards his reduction too. I just hate to see what it'll be with the new WoE/pvp gears that will be implemented which is another 15-20% ranged reduction on top of the 15 + 2-5 % demi human reduction these gears will give. Once again, classes are getting free resistance towards ranged damage. Anyways, the Sura laughed at me and told me to make a new class. That just goes to show how horrid bow hunter classes really are.

Honestly, my super novice does more damage using that Eden dagger than my sniper can to people in pvp. Maybe I'm noob, but either way, something seems really wrong here.

He might be wearing fire armor too...Posted Image

#25 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 26 October 2011 - 04:37 PM

I have never seen a Bow Ranger who has lived more than 1 attack from my GX. It's really sad they don't get a decent HP mod either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users