Rangers are tired of being bullied - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 6 votes

Rangers are tired of being bullied

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

#51 Weeeelium

Weeeelium

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 452 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:46 AM

Criticism please support with evidence. Please don't come here hot-headed and bang your own head against the wall before you contribute and get flamed!

#52 ShinWolf

ShinWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 441 posts
  • LocationWhere Purple Drank is King
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:You know that one server

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:50 AM

In I thought game console pages where full of nerds this take the cake by a longshot LOL. In I am not Sniperwolf, all I am saying didnt try to start WW88 on the forum is that I believe Rangers is a good class even in WOE but the SC comment kinda do make sense so I am sorry u RO vets.

#53 Lucentos

Lucentos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:18 AM

Hey guys, what`s your opinion about what Gravity should rebalance in Ranger to make him/her more useful in Endgame content?

#54 SilX

SilX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:41 AM

...A lot of this stems from people who want to be the "ZOMG SUPA Killers" in WoE. If the class they chose isn't that supa killer they'll roar out in outrage. The archer class was never meant to kill in WoE. Their main goal was to halt the opponent's advance which is why traps last 4x longer in castles.

As a reality check...Shadow Chasers, GX's, Maestros, Wanderers, AB's, Genetics, Sorcerers. These are generally the FIRST targets that the smart ones go for. These classes aren't raw killers. They generally act as support/debuffers during WoE and if left alone to go for that one killer will WRECK YOUR GROUP in some way shape or form.

TL;DR: Not everyone is supposed to be that one killer group. It's more about support in a setting like this.

P.S. You obviously have no idea how annoying a 193 Aspd Ranger can be when you're trying to get something cast off during seige.

#55 rainbowichi

rainbowichi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 177 posts
  • LocationPayon
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 27 October 2011 - 01:33 PM

D: I'm a simple-minded person, I can be pleased easily by getting new pets or seeing/getting something cute.

I'm very well aware I can't provide as much help to my guild during WoE on the only WoE day I could attend (sat) and truth be told when I'm requested to 'rush-in' or anything related to attacking a castle does not always bode well for me. I could leave traps but when I run out of places to dodge from the numerous number of opponents, I end up just dying :/ (or in most cases, insta-death if there's a precast at said rushed door)

The only thing I like on WoE is getting to do my part when we acquired a castle to protect. I'm the meat shield that gets guardians to the door. I'm the Trapper that helps to slow opponents with but a few seconds for fellow melees to dispose of, and my aspd's fast enuff to break an emp :3

I agree thought I don't have that much damage, I always want more damage. Make arrows go zoom :thumb:

That is my opinion ^^

Edit: I want to be able to kill ppl too :( wish I can.

Edited by rainbowichi, 27 October 2011 - 01:40 PM.

#56 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 27 October 2011 - 02:52 PM

I thought the different classes were suppose to make the game more interesting? Support units are every bit as vital as combat units in a war scenario. It's really up to a commander to deploy their units properly. It just kind of seems like an unnecessary request. Soon Suras will be complaining that they don't get to support enough during WoE.

#57 Trini

Trini

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 02:57 PM

Hmmm, indeed if you put anything up against Sura you gonna wind up saying Sura has the best chance to win and will probably win 90% of the time if not more in a one on one battle but, I can say a little about what ranger CAN do.
Despite being squishy and what not and definitely dying to hidden GX and Shadow Chaser and Sura, I know a ranger on 193 aspd can kill MvPs like Atroce and Hatii without ever being hit. The monster cannot move at all, it is the same in WoE against non-hidden enemies (one on one non-monk class that is), once you see them they more or less have to take your damage till either you or they die. It doesn't exactly make you a killer and it doesn't help you from being squishy but, i'm just saying they can dish out if they live long enough.

#58 Weeeelium

Weeeelium

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 03:23 PM

Indeed Rangers play their role, but I feel that the current buff in balance patch would be wasted if it wasn't buffed properly. I am sure many rangers think the balance patch for us just wasted another step towards a better contribution to us being even more useful.

#59 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 27 October 2011 - 04:03 PM

@ShinWolf:
The problem isn't that you think it is a good class. But you bring no evidence to support it.

@SilX:
Right not everyone should be a killer. But if you don't want rangers to be a killer name 1 party support kill that is unique to the Ranger and is required in WoE? Traps and immobilizaion skills of other classes are far better than those of a ranger. They don't have 8+ ways of being removed. And most of them can be casted directly onto the target or does not affect allies at all. Here is a list:

Warlock:
WI: isntant cast and spammable, 9~12 cell casting range, able to target the enemy directly and stops them from doing anything. Can perma lock the enemy.

Sorcerer:
Fiberlock: Instant cast and spammable, 9 cell casting range, able to be casted under the target. Duration cannot be reduced. Also acts like a Lex for DBreath. Can perma lock the enemy. Removing the fibrelock with ME, Earth Drive, Ganbantein, and Crazy Vines will not free the target.
Extreme Vacuum: Can be instant casted thanks to Wind Spirit, 9 cell casting range, able to be casted under a group of targets does not affect allies. Can perma lock a group of enemies.

Performers:
New Song of Despair: Can be instant casted due to no fixed casting time, 9 cell casting range, does not affect allies. Duration cannot be reduced at 150/50. Stepping on this stops you instantly unlike Ankle snare, electric shocker and Extreme Vacuum where you will still reach your destination. Can be removed with status recovery and Howling of Lion.

Genetic:
Thorn Trap: Can be instant casted due to no fixed casting time, 9 cell casting range, and deals dps to prevent casting. Duration cannot be reduced. Stepping on this stops you instantly thanks to the damage unlike Ankle snare, electric shocker and Extreme Vacuum where you will still reach your destination

Shadow Chaser:
Close Confine: Instant cast, targets the enemy directly. Duration cannot be reduced. Can perma lock the target.
Man Hole: Can be instant casted due to no fixed casting time, can be casted next to the target effectively casting it under the target due to AoE, 9 cell casting range. Duration cannot be reduced. Prevents the target from doing anything including BWing. Removing the Man Hole with ME, Earth Drive, Ganbantein, and Crazy Vines will not free the target.

Finally Ranger:
Ankle Snare: 3 cell casting range, removed by the skills that can remove all of the above but also Slash damage skills like Earth Strain, Rolling cutter and Dragon Breath in WoE, and Trap removal skills like Remove Trap, Spring Trap, Sensitive Keen, and Trample. Removing the trap will free the target. Crappiest immobilization in game.
Warg Bite: Screen wide casting range, instant cast, deals irreducible damage, prevents the manual use of Cloak, Cloaking Exceed and Hide. Duration cannot be reduced but has a longer cooldown than duration. Success rate greatly reduced by agi, requires 15 skill points to master. Blocked by Cicada Skin Shed, Mirror Image, Pneuma, Kyrie, Prefaetio, Lightning Walk, Millenium Shield, Parry, Guard, Weapon Blocking, Blinding Mist, Ventus' Zephyr, and most importantly Pathing (IE: Ice Wall, Fences, and etc). Can be evaded with flee (IE: Hallucination walk).
Electric Shock: 3 cell casting range, instant cast. Drains up to 25% SP per sec. Removeable by Trample and Sensitive Keen.

You cannot say that Warg Bite is the most reliable and the best out of the targeted immobilization of the other classes when almost every other class can counter it. Electic Shocker is nice but it also affects allies and requires the enemy to be stupid enough to walk on a glowing cell.

193 ASPD with a bow? Any bow user can do that it is not something unique to this class. However if a chaser decided to do so, they would be called a stupid noob because that class can offer so much more, same thing for a performer. The only reason why rangers do this is because there is nothing else they can do.

@IronPlushy:
What support can we offer that cannot be out done by another class? Do you really think that for support a Ranger takes priority over a Chaser or Performer? They too can choose to invest into 120 AGI be less quishy than rangers and have 193 aspd to hitlock people with a bow.

Edited by Clogon, 27 October 2011 - 04:07 PM.

#60 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 27 October 2011 - 05:18 PM

one of the classes has to be the worst right? I mean if there is a best class, there is also a worst class

#61 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 27 October 2011 - 05:20 PM

one of the classes has to be the worst right? I mean if there is a best class, there is also a worst class

novice xD

#62 Lucentos

Lucentos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 05:25 PM

IMHO Ranger should be ranged pinpoint killer. Ranger specific traps shouldn`t have Friendly fire, ABolt should either do not release immobilised enemy or ensure OHKO if succeed for most foes and Auto and manual WStrike should have enought DPS to vanquish most medium to low HP characters if not countered instantly.

#63 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:00 PM

yup, the rangers were tired of being bullied by the giants last year, and they are 4 innings from overcoming that :(

#64 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:03 PM

This is true. However being the worst at everything end game is very saddening. I wouldn't care whether I was the worst class in the game or not if I had something only I can do once I reach 150 that made me feel needed. We are not asking to be as good as a Sura. Just make us useful in some form of endgame. Be it PVP/WoE, MVP or just plain partying like for ET and Olkinir runs.

#65 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:18 PM

3rd classes should be able to outclass 2nd classes easily. If Champions and Lord Knights can kill a Ranger, something's wrong.

#66 rivermans

rivermans

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • LocationProntera in the World of Rune Midgard

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:21 PM

3rd classes should be able to outclass 2nd classes easily. If Champions and Lord Knights can kill a Ranger, something's wrong.

Ever heard of skill!! a well skilled Champion and Lord Knight can kill a Ranger no problem.

#67 Furinkazan

Furinkazan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:50 PM

Ever heard of skill!! a well skilled Champion and Lord Knight can kill a Ranger no problem.

so... you pneuma, snap and gfist... or you clashing spiral... please don't talk about "skills" in RO, it's not starcraft. People who play more, abuse better, play a good class before it gets balanced, spend a lot of kp normally dominates the pvp. If you're not willing to do any of the above, just be content as a casual player and have some fun. Just don't say you beat someone at pvp because you have "leet skillz"

#68 Weeeelium

Weeeelium

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:04 PM

so... you pneuma, snap and gfist... or you clashing spiral... please don't talk about "skills" in RO, it's not starcraft. People who play more, abuse better, play a good class before it gets balanced, spend a lot of kp normally dominates the pvp. If you're not willing to do any of the above, just be content as a casual player and have some fun. Just don't say you beat someone at pvp because you have "leet skillz"

Well said :(

#69 Jackietan

Jackietan

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:14 PM

ye rangers seriously need hp buff if not, atleast make warg work like a falcon were it can atack even if the player is on unpathable ground, and also increase overall dps or burst dmg of the rangers to make it on par with other classes. Because rangers right now is very pathetic even if you have godly gears or hundreds ales. -EoD-

#70 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:07 PM

...A lot of this stems from people who want to be the "ZOMG SUPA Killers" in WoE. If the class they chose isn't that supa killer they'll roar out in outrage. The archer class was never meant to kill in WoE. Their main goal was to halt the opponent's advance which is why traps last 4x longer in castles.

As a reality check...Shadow Chasers, GX's, Maestros, Wanderers, AB's, Genetics, Sorcerers. These are generally the FIRST targets that the smart ones go for. These classes aren't raw killers. They generally act as support/debuffers during WoE and if left alone to go for that one killer will WRECK YOUR GROUP in some way shape or form.

TL;DR: Not everyone is supposed to be that one killer group. It's more about support in a setting like this.

P.S. You obviously have no idea how annoying a 193 Aspd Ranger can be when you're trying to get something cast off during seige.

Like I have been saying. Rangers can't really support either without fixing the problem with traps affecting guildies and party members. All we can do is annoy people, because it's pretty much impossible to kill some classes if they outpot. In almost every game, archers have high attack, but squishy HP and defense. When we have low attack, squishy HP, and low defense, that's a problem. With warg bite and traps getting the cut, we have no defense skills and all we'll be worth is taking one or two hits (before we die) and setting up traps that guildies step on all the time.

#71 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 02:00 AM

Note: Despair bugs sometimes, and the person can still walk, even affected. If it bugs, around one second later, they stop.

Well, if a Ranger can reach 193 only with gears and self-buffs, then this is great. Now they only need something which procs the Baphomet Card effect. [aka AOE hitlock~~~~~~]

So limited role a Ranger has in a WOE. It seems like bards pre-renewal which only could spam strings. Well, they had Frost Joke too, but...

OMG FALCON EYE SHOULD AFFECT THE WHOLE PARTY~~~~~LIEK WIND WALKER~~~~~~ At least we wanderers would get 20% moar firepower to our rainstorms /gg

I don't like the idea of being able to put a trap below a target [yes chasers abuse firetrap with this] but it seems the only way for a ranger with traps stop their target. For the bows... They really need another option, maybe a boost on the auto warg damage...

Do someone knows if the new Dance with Wargs makes any significal change to the Warg's firepower? [I am talking about skills getting K's of damage per hit]

And of course. MELEE. RANGED. REDUCTION. A ranger deals around 1/6 damage with all his tricks from the other DPS class inside a castle. The GX.

Edited by asayuu, 28 October 2011 - 02:07 AM.

#72 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 03:31 AM

Note: Despair bugs sometimes, and the person can still walk, even affected. If it bugs, around one second later, they stop.

Currrently Despair song is not programmed to stop the emeny instantly and works just like Ranger traps and extreme vacuum. Thats why I wrote down New Despair Song =P

#73 Weeeelium

Weeeelium

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 03:47 AM

A sura with glorious mace can deal massive damage, but compare it to a ranger, its really too ridiculous. Just earlier on, a ranger using +9 glorious bow, shot a sura few times before losing to snap and goh. Imagine saving painfully for that 2000 kvm points just to waste its usage in mere seconds. Pretty sad and disappointing for the fellow ranger. :/

#74 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 04:30 AM

You actually wasted kvm badges on that? I'd say contact the gms and get your badges back.

http://forums.irowik...647&postcount=7

#75 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 28 October 2011 - 04:36 AM

A sura with glorious mace can deal massive damage, but compare it to a ranger, its really too ridiculous. Just earlier on, a ranger using +9 glorious bow, shot a sura few times before losing to snap and goh. Imagine saving painfully for that 2000 kvm points just to waste its usage in mere seconds. Pretty sad and disappointing for the fellow ranger. :/

I was in the exact same situation of deciding to spend the kvm on a bow. But i was advised against it and i had used it on glorious rings n gear.I am glad i did . Thanks clogon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users