Development Team 2011 and Beyond - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Development Team 2011 and Beyond

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

#1 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts
  • LocationBetween 2 Rainbows
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 29 October 2011 - 07:49 PM

What generally happens around this time of year is heavy planning for the next year and a little reflection on the past year. I know what you are thinking, this year isn't even over and where is our update? So before we talk about "Next" year, let's finish this one out.

We have 2 months left of the year and we have some things we think are going to be big. First let us talk about Events; we have never really done a Thanksgiving Event, but we are planning something. Then we have Christmas, you know how we like to keep the same events flowing year after year and add a little to them. This year will be no different, we will be adding a little something to the Event and watch it grow again this year.

Now we should cover the Item Mall updates. We have some new costumes for the lucky spin planned, they have a mixture of themes and we will keep the Lucky Spin as fresh as possible. Along those same lines we have what is the last of our planned item mall features scheduled for November. This last year we wanted to focus on features for the item mall which will open up more time in the future to add new content that lasts longer through the item mall. During November we will be offering Premium Accounts, this is very much like the ones offered for Ragnarok and Requiem. I am not going to cover all of the features, but some of the basics are Added EXP and Drops Rates, Additional Characters for an Account, Daily Bonuses and Access to the current Premium Storage. We will add features and content that connects with the Premium Accounts as time goes. This is the last of our big plans for the item mall, which is good news as much as it is just more item mall content.

Beyond Events and Item Mall we have what falls under 'Content', and this is a broadly defined word and what we are working on that falls into this category you know of some and there is something's that are possibly new.

Game Arena; this is ultimately bigger than what we had planned for, but has so many unique features that will help us define ROSE and bring in a whole new way to get into PvP and getting into Raids. Consider this much like a Queue system, but it' going to focus on group required queues like PvP. The big key feature is that there is a unified point system for all things PvP which we have started updating already, this along with the system being UI based allows for players to not have to always return to town or find an NPC, but you can join the queue while leveling or in a different part of the world. This is our staging ground to bring more PvP content and Raid style content in the future.

Jewelry; we started a project to redesign the jewelry and make it more relevant and allow for crafting to control a specific aspect of the market when it comes to jewelry. We broke down the current jewelry and put them into completed sets. So there will be a 3 Piece Jewelry set for every uniquely named piece. This means there is a LOT of new jewelry that will be going into the game. One thing we wanted to make sure of was that each type of jewelry had a defined control by one of the game systems. So NPC sold jewelry will cover the earlier levels, 20 through 100, these will be single bonuses and will not be ideal for players past 2nd job. Jewelry sets that will be defined as Rare or Epic would be dropped from Raid or King types between levels 80 and roughly every 20 levels thereafter, these sets will have 2 bonus stats, one being base stats and the other being sub stats. What I am calling Union gear are going to be set at the same level requirements as Crafting (100, 140, 180, 220) and will only have base stat values on them (STR, DEX, etc.). The launch of this system will not include all of the level tiers as we are setting them up to be released with future raids and updates.

PAT System; what we want to do is flush out a system where we can add an element of distinctive PvP and give a wider purpose for castle gear. Along with Castle Gear we want to look at how they fight and give them more than just the meat shield ability. This also includes carts; we have some ideas for what we may want to see long term which we are considering PAT skills or a system of bonuses that can be learned or turned off / on based on what you need. The ideas for PAT are not totally flushed out so I am a little vague, but it's something we are going to start working on for the last two months of the year and we may see some changes to the PAT system before the years end.

Some of the other things we are working on through the last two months of the year include changes to the Spawn System that include Leader/Captain types or better that are constant re-spawns, doing smaller changes to make sure and allow for some testing and feedback before we move on. There are still plans to modify the drop tables further. Some of the focus is going to be "Blue" equipment and Epic drops and how many "Type" classes of monsters there are. Much of the rarity of these is due to a limited number of Ranger and Magician type monsters. Then we have a new King's Quest costume, but with the feedback we have received we are not confident that just adding a new outfit and new medallions will solve the issues that have been brought up, the Senate has been helping us focus on this and giving some good suggestions. We also have some user created back items (you remember that event from a long while ago) that we are putting into new Quests, Valor Shop and Crafting.

Lastly we want to get Pegasus up and running again, but our focus is to get feedback on a change that will alter the imbalances of some classes and change how powerful characters are currently. We want to get some test server feedback before going live as its going to have an impact and we want to run in with those that are interested in testing with us. This leads into some other system changes that we want to run on Pegasus and finish up with some balance changes that are needed.

This leads us into 2012 and what we want to accomplish for the next year. What the core focus for us is to add repeatable content to catch up with the current level cap. We want to focus on a mixture of PvP and PvM repeatable content. On top of that we want to elaborate how we do our events, making them a little bigger and with different styles of events. We also want to focus on Questing and how players obtain and complete quests, but also try to extend quests and fill out area that are needed. We are not going to focus on a big update, but work on smaller content updates that help fill out the game play while addressing basic balancing issues. There is more we want to do, and some of it is lofty and rather than give false expectations on time lines and details about any given project know that the next year we want to focus on the PvP element of ROSE while mixing in PvM content updates that keep things fresh while being focused the repeatable content.

We don't know what may happen or not happen in terms of the schedules and we are often reluctant to give dates or set expectations, as it is our team is very small and it's hard to keep up with your ideas and wants and our ideas and plans. 2011 was all about setting a base for the future, and though we accomplished a lot of what we had set out to, we did in no way meet the needs of the community that was asked for. The end of 2011 we will try to address the community needs and answer some long pending concerns. 2012 is all about using what we worked on setting up and expand game play and focus on features and reusable content.

#2 bluehell

bluehell

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1603 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 29 October 2011 - 08:01 PM

I was too lazy to read the last half... but premium accounts? really? You guys must be desperate.

#3 onicdesigns

onicdesigns

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • Server:Draco

Posted 29 October 2011 - 08:11 PM

how about a in game zulie seller report system? that we can report zulie sellers to you and they get took care of really fast? I hate how they spam the trade/shout/and chat windows all the time.

or fix the broken costume event?

Edited by onicdesigns, 29 October 2011 - 08:13 PM.

#4 KTFlash

KTFlash

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 29 October 2011 - 08:13 PM

Fix drop table... maybe this year?

Added exp and drop rates for premium account? Exp medal + suit + premium account, 220 in 2 days. Wonder who can follow that exp rate to make a party lol

how about a in game zulie seller report system? that we can report zulie sellers to you and they get took care of really fast? I hate how they spam the trade/shout/and chat windows all the time.

That apply to some players (yes, people who play the game) and spam the trade chat. Maybe no more than 2 trade/shout chats for 30 secs.

Edited by KTFlash, 29 October 2011 - 08:15 PM.

#5 TwiliteGarden

TwiliteGarden

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1308 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 29 October 2011 - 08:28 PM

Premium accounts.... so this is like Pay-To-Play and you get better exp, drops, etc? Wow. I don't know about that one. I am never in favor of something that gives people with real money an advantage. Life is unfair as it is, why contribute to the problem?

Also, it seems like rather than focusing on adding new content (planets, maps, monsters, etc.) you guys are focusing more on turning Rose into a PVP game. Tell me, is this because it's too difficult or time consuming to develop new content with such a small development team?

Have you guys considered asking the community for help with development? There are a lot of smart people with training in software programming that I am sure would be willing to contribute some time to make Rose a better game. How about asking for some help? There is not shame in that.

Edited by TwiliteGarden, 29 October 2011 - 08:32 PM.

#6 ChampPower

ChampPower

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 October 2011 - 08:28 PM

....and I am bore, Calanor. All I can see is recycle event and IM update as the main focus. After that is the premium account, and nothing new. Like hell said, GRAVITY is desperate (seriously desperate). The fix in drop table is just a relocation of certain drops to certain monster, which can be done within a day or two. The Jewelry system seems to follow / imitate the Speed-ROSE jewelry model. PAT system, we will have to see. As for the plan for the 2012, I didn't even bother to read them since GRAVITY has the tendency of not follow its schedule and business plan. In sum, there is nothing impressive nor should be called a "big update".

Edited by ChampPower, 29 October 2011 - 08:31 PM.

#7 NoChampHere

NoChampHere

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • LocationNB, Canada
  • Server:Neither o,..,o

Posted 29 October 2011 - 08:54 PM

i like that we are not getting lvl 220 UW equipment until 2012 at least :thumb: i like where the game is now; it does get boring but there is no way to keep up with all the demands of the community. i like the jewelry ideas as well as the PAT; not so sure about the premium account thing but it would be beneficial to people just starting to play rose as they will be able to lvl and farm more effectively which might make them stick around :sigh:

#8 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts
  • LocationBetween 2 Rainbows

Posted 29 October 2011 - 08:59 PM

Also, it seems like rather than focusing on adding new content (planets, maps, monsters, etc.) you guys are focusing more on turning Rose into a PVP game. Tell me, is this because it's too difficult or time consuming to develop new content with such a small development team?

Its not easier, but we what you ready maybe doesn't explain that we want a 50/50 relationship between PvP content and PvM content, not just 1 or the other.

Have you guys considered asking the community for help with development? There are a lot of smart people with training in software programming that I am sure would be willing to contribute some time to make Rose a better game. How about asking for some help? There is not shame in that.

Honest Answer;

There is nothing stopping others from offering 3D content and helping with items. We have always been open, just that there is a smaller community that does this stuff and have only gotten a few things from some very specific folks.
When it comes to source, its a huge liability to give access to someone. Its also hard to offer it to people that would in turn desire or maybe expect to get paid. So we don't turn down help, but are sort of limited and hands can be tied when taking it.

#9 twitch

twitch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1404 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:12 PM

Good to hear about the test servers are going to be running for balances.
The whole premium account thing i don't like the sound of it.
Focusing on more PvP aspects is a definite +1.
Goodluck!

#10 kaminichuan

kaminichuan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Server:leonis

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:15 PM

Premium accounts.... so this is like Pay-To-Play and you get better exp, drops, etc? Wow. I don't know about that one.

I agree, need to be careful with that one.. has a lot of potential to go sour.
Looking forward to everything else especially the CG updates. But not the same old events.

Lets do something huge and creative! Maybe a huge all-out pvp week in all of Junon city for new years! With rare, fast little monsters like last year's pirate bugs that drop new year presents! Vending would have to be moved to Zant, you would have to make quick, risky runs to get to an NPC, people would hate a different refiner instead of crune.. think of all the possibilities xD

I suggest sitting down with the senate for a few meetings just for brainstorming activities, and surprise everyone with fun and creative things.

#11 CaptainSabby

CaptainSabby

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:17 PM

i like that we are not getting lvl 220 UW equipment until 2012 at least :thumb: i like where the game is now; it does get boring but there is no way to keep up with all the demands of the community. i like the jewelry ideas as well as the PAT; not so sure about the premium account thing but it would be beneficial to people just starting to play rose as they will be able to lvl and farm more effectively which might make them stick around :sigh:

++++++++++++++++++++++11111111111111111111111111111111

+1 :)

I agree with every word

#12 roadrunner2202

roadrunner2202

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationAt the playground

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:20 PM

Its not easier, but we what you ready maybe doesn't explain that we want a 50/50 relationship between PvP content and PvM content, not just 1 or the other.

Serious? ROSE is now only pvp because were done with the lvling, everyone has like every job maxed out.. so there is only UW or TG to hang out!
Now your saying there is more attention for the pvp content instead of the pvm? That is just not making any sense!

#13 CaptainSabby

CaptainSabby

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:27 PM

Serious? ROSE is now only pvp because were done with the lvling, everyone has like every job maxed out.. so there is only UW or TG to hang out!
Now your saying there is more attention for the pvp content instead of the pvm? That is just not making any sense!

I gotta disagree with this, there are plenty of people still trying to get 220 as well as plenty of 220s who are leveling new characters in search of more than just pvp :thumb:

#14 tythemuss

tythemuss

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1112 posts
  • Server:Leonis / Draco

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:45 PM

I just skimmed over this but do u have to create a new premium account or can u just upgrade the account you have now?

#15 shokwavez

shokwavez

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationOn the mat
  • Server:LEONIS

Posted 29 October 2011 - 10:08 PM

Premium Accounts really...? :thumb:

The rich will get richer..the poor will get poorer. What else is new? Why should rose .. be any different than the real world. Hah. Talk about messing up the economy even more :sigh:

I really wonder what all these new people think about playing this game now. New players that actually solo monsters and level for maybe a whole day and not even reach lvl 50. Compared to people that hit max lvl in 3 days with all that IM content.

Item Mall Users Scenarios:
-Dang I need money fast. I know! Buy and sell Item mall!
-What?! Premium Accounts?! Oh My God.
-Dang +15 chiv set or +15 glor hmm tough choice. I guess i'll buy another pair of star glasses, re-roll them, OP sell them and buy both !!

New Player Scenarios:
-New players: Dang I need money..it seems like I have to farm for days without Medals..ration my food (although I could just sit down and heal)..and continue farming. Oh wait due to the new durability content, it seems my profit from farming just went to waste.
-Oh..Premium accounts. I guess that means nothing for me.
-Damn this is the choice, refine (5) legendary weapon OR (3) reinforce chest with R3. I'm so poor..

But damn its fun right?? It's a "free" game!

People who don't buy Item Mall

People who buy Item Mall

Edited by shokwavez, 30 October 2011 - 06:45 PM.

#16 TwiliteGarden

TwiliteGarden

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1308 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 29 October 2011 - 10:45 PM

There is nothing stopping others from offering 3D content and helping with items. We have always been open, just that there is a smaller community that does this stuff and have only gotten a few things from some very specific folks.

Is there any way you can make available to the community information regarding the format of your 3D models, maps, etc.? Anything such as documentation, tools, software, etc. would help people that may want to develop 3D content for possible use in game.

#17 KTFlash

KTFlash

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:23 PM

There is people with programming knowledge, like me, who would help with some little pieces of work to fix the game, with non-profit purposes. Im about to quit the game cause is just a quest of who is the richiest lol

Premium Accounts really...? :thumb:

The rich will get richer..the poor will get poorer. What else is new? Why should rose .. be any different than the real world. Hah. Talk about messing up the economy even more :sigh:

I really wonder what all these new people think about playing this game now. New players that actually solo monsters and level for maybe a whole day and not even reach lvl 50. Compared to people that hit max lvl in 3 days with all that IM content.

Item Mall Users Scenarios:
-Dang I need money fast. I know! Buy and sell Item mall!
-What?! Premium Accounts?! Oh My God.
-Dang +15 chiv set or +15 glor hmm tough choice. I guess i'll be another pair of star glasses, re-roll them, OP sell them and buy both !!

New Player Scenarios:
-New players: Dang I need money..it seems like I have to farm for days without Medals..ration my food (although I could just sit down and heal)..and continue farming. Oh wait due to the new durability content, it seems my profit from farming just went to waste.
-Oh..Premium accounts. I guess that means nothing for me.
-Damn this is the choice, refine (5) legendary weapon OR (3) reinforce chest with R3. I'm so poor..

But damn its fun right?? It's a "free" game!

QFT. Especially since the second case was LITERALLY mine (ofc, without the dura system).

#18 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationJohnston City, IL

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:56 PM

I'm totally up for some testing on Pegasus, but that's a given.

On the other hand, shockwavez's explanation of this is... well, so true that it's sad. Lol

#19 tebeks

tebeks

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 01:45 AM

this is good news! rose is on the good track

#20 TankJr

TankJr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2513 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 30 October 2011 - 02:44 AM

just to clarify: if calanor is talkin about the next 2 months he means the next 2 years :thumb:

#21 Lybis

Lybis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationFloating Around Somewhere!

Posted 30 October 2011 - 03:00 AM

Its already really easy to level in this game already and the premium services and EXP Medals are going to make the levelling process far too easy... Is there any plan to adjust the EXP rates?

#22 iRon

iRon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1120 posts
  • Location[NL] Flevoland

Posted 30 October 2011 - 03:24 AM

Remember pay 2 play ?
just saying.

so peacefull..

#23 KingsBane

KingsBane

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 03:36 AM

Vague to opaque no new content more item mall. You claimed to have more than 4 devlopers working on rose now you say your small develpment team which is it? Most of these promises might be ok if you were adding some new content and fixing the drops. Class balancing should not nerf the strong but increase
the capability of other classes but i see a huge nerfing coming

#24 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationJohnston City, IL

Posted 30 October 2011 - 03:38 AM

Vague to opaque no new content more item mall. You claimed to have more than 4 devlopers working on rose now you say your small develpment team which is it? Most of these promises might be ok if you were adding some new content and fixing the drops. Class balancing should not nerf the strong but increase
the capability of other classes but i see a huge nerfing coming

You consider 4 (if not 1 or 2 more,) developers to not be small in proportion?...

#25 KingsBane

KingsBane

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 04:59 AM

Six was hinted at I dont consider that small for a mature game. Reopening test server is long overdue and proof it should never have been abandoned. How on earth do they square class balancing with premium accounts. Maybe they beleive by makng rose pvp they can forget rose altogether just have kill fests and sell uber amounts of boosters. Rose is turning from an adventure into a slow old cash cow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users