Development Team 2011 and Beyond - Page 2 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Development Team 2011 and Beyond

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

#26 Aviv4

Aviv4

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 484 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:47 AM

Well, exept that Premium Accounts(-1000), it sounds good, the question is if they will follow the schedule, or worse, if it will happen at all.

#27 Gennix

Gennix

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:19 AM

Sounds good but I expected more.
Focus on a new unique feature that would make ppl come back... it is not easy but the community may give many ideas.
The only thing worth waiting for while playing ROSE is to get a fairy.

Why dont you create a development kit for us? We can make items and we get paid with Zulie or IM :thumb:

#28 ejayloyola

ejayloyola

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Server:draconis

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:21 AM

HOORAY!!!!! For the efforts Dev Team! Itâ??s always good to hear updates from you guys. I just hope it will all be done in your planned period of time. I know itâ??s hard to deal with all the demands of the players, but atleast your trying, and i guess youâ??ve given them enough, itâ??s just that enough is not good for some of them^^. Anyways, Im happy with the current status of the game, so keep up the good work and Goodluck guys! Looking forward for the Rose 2012.

#29 Recettear

Recettear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:40 AM

Here's how I see your notes

events: the same as the year before it and the year before it with retextured stuff

IM: yea right, you forgot all the new recolored wings and the equipment which are based on the community creative section

Ingame: None to 100% it will be bugged AND has a need for IM to get full access.

Overall opinion: I'm not expecting anything from you guys. Not this year or the coming one :thumb:

#30 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 09:41 AM

I just want to know if anything on the community senator board will be achieved before I get fired at the end of the 2011 year... :thumb:

#31 PickUp

PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland
  • Server:Forums

Posted 30 October 2011 - 09:45 AM

I just want to know if anything on the community senator board will be achieved before I get fired at the end of the 2011 year... :thumb:

That is something I'd also like to know.

#32 MidnightSmurf

MidnightSmurf

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 1424 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:20 AM

Now we should cover the Item Mall updates. We have some new costumes for the lucky spin planned, they have a mixture of themes and we will keep the Lucky Spin as fresh as possible. Along those same lines we have what is the last of our planned item mall features scheduled for November. This last year we wanted to focus on features for the item mall which will open up more time in the future to add new content that lasts longer through the item mall. During November we will be offering Premium Accounts, this is very much like the ones offered for Ragnarok and Requiem. I am not going to cover all of the features, but some of the basics are Added EXP and Drops Rates, Additional Characters for an Account, Daily Bonuses and Access to the current Premium Storage. We will add features and content that connects with the Premium Accounts as time goes. This is the last of our big plans for the item mall, which is good news as much as it is just more item mall content.

To me it sounds like alot of IM related things will happen and these you often keep the timelines on as well. I personally dislike the lucky spin system a great deal eventho they sometimes contain some decent outfits (that I never bought, I prefer the boxes).

Premium accounts for a Free to Play game when you already have so many bonuses in Item Mall as it is..? So ontop of Exp Medals and Drop Medals etc, there will now be Premium accounts - this is going too far. Why not add 1000 Attack Power extra for those with Premium accounts as well. I could think it was a brilliant idea if you also removed the Boosters and Jelly Beans from IM as this change then would provide us with more fun in PvP related future updates. You gives us something that is nice to have but not entirely necessary and remove something that makes the game TOTALLY messed up PvP wise. Would be suitable now when you're gonna give us some more PvP content.

Game Arena; This is our staging ground to bring more PvP content and Raid style content in the future.

Jewelry; The launch of this system will not include all of the level tiers as we are setting them up to be released with future raids and updates.

Big +

PAT System; The ideas for PAT are not totally flushed out so I am a little vague, but it's something we are going to start working on for the last two months of the year and we may see some changes to the PAT system before the years end.

Rather then focusing on something like this why not give more attention to the Game Arena with pvp/raids and Jewelry. So you actually get somewhere with it. Don't mess on too many fronts at the same time if you have such limited capacity as you have told us. It doesn't make any sense.

There are still plans to modify the drop tables further.

Then we have a new King's Quest costume

+ For trying to fix drop tables.

"Forcing" everyone to wear the same set is LAME. Make it a passive skill or something different, to add stats on costume pieces was just a horrible idea.

Lastly we want to get Pegasus up and running again, but our focus is to get feedback on a change that will alter the imbalances of some classes and change how powerful characters are currently. We want to get some test server feedback before going live as its going to have an impact and we want to run in with those that are interested in testing with us. This leads into some other system changes that we want to run on Pegasus and finish up with some balance changes that are needed.

Glad to hear, but again I would still prefer if you kept focus on a few things instead of so many with such a small force you can muster. And the game really need some more end game as it is. We can live a while longer with things being slightly unbalanced.

We also want to focus on Questing and how players obtain and complete quests, but also try to extend quests and fill out area that are needed.

This sounds promising! Then we could perhaps get rid of the grinding a little bit and thereby stopping botters. And "force" people to explore the ENTIRE map to actually gain levels the fastest. Would truly be nice.

#33 Zayin

Zayin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 605 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:58 AM

I don't like the Premium account idea either as only those willing to pay receive the best gaming experience. Company-wise it makes sense though, so I guess it can't be helped. Apart from that I really like the plans :thumb:!

I'm ready to help testing Pegasus, so just contact me if you want my help.

#34 JordanX

JordanX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 11:12 AM

I was too lazy to read the last half... but premium accounts? really? You guys must be desperate.

read it all or just shut your mouth ^^

#35 LordArthas

LordArthas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • LocationInto the blue...

Posted 30 October 2011 - 11:38 AM

Remember pay 2 play ?
just saying.
so peacefull..

I remember pay to play as i did it for quite some time. But by then we all had acess to THE SAME GAME. the introduction of Item Mall started (slowly at first) to change that, but until now, although IM was having a very high impact on gameplay, it was still possible to play (almost) normally.
Introducing Premium Accounts is a different scenario and certainly one i refuse to consider. A game for the rich and a game for the poor? Sorry but for me Rose is facing his darkest days very soon.
Side note: i wish i could found that thread posted years ago, when they opened Item Mall, stating that it would have no significant impact on gameplay. if i wasn't so dissapointed this would be the laugh of the year!

#36 LordAlbion

LordAlbion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 11:56 AM

Very dissapointed to see so much time wasted on bringing more PvP elements to ROSE.

#37 chegal

chegal

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 12:36 PM

During November we will be offering Premium Accounts, this is very much like the ones offered for Ragnarok and Requiem.

WHY PREMIUM ACCOUNTS? DIDN'T RAGNAROK HAVE PAID SERVERS ONCE? WHAT HAPPENED?

RAGNAROK HAD PAID SERVERS ONCE ,BUT FAILED TO TO GET ENOUGH PLAYERS FROM VALK, SO GRAVITY HAD TO GO AND MAKE PREMIUM ACCOUNTS SO ALL CAN PLAY. FAIL!!!!!!

PREMIUM ACCOUNTS FOR ROSE IS A TOTAL FAIL AS WELL. WHY? BECAUSE WHY MAKE SOMETHING FREE INTO SOMETHING YOU HAVE TO PAY. WHEN THERE IS ALREADY ENOUGH ITEM MALL ITEMS TO SELL AND MORE COMING EVERYDAY. ROSE IS TOTALLY FAILING WITH PREMIUM ACCOUNTS.

#38 titoine12

titoine12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Draconis - Pegasus

Posted 30 October 2011 - 12:43 PM

Aww, premium accounts? In that game, the only thing I don't like, is that money makes people strong, you Must spend or somone spend for you to get strong, we are depending on Item Mall stuff :thumb:

instead of always changing the Lucky spin Items, would it be possible to get the level 220 armors?

#39 MidnightSmurf

MidnightSmurf

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 1424 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 30 October 2011 - 01:04 PM

In that game, the only thing I don't like, is that money makes people strong, you Must spend to get strong, we are depending on Item Mall stuff :thumb:

This thread --> Boosters & Jelly

#40 LordAlbion

LordAlbion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 01:12 PM

During November we will be offering Premium Accounts, this is very much like the ones offered for Ragnarok and Requiem. I am not going to cover all of the features, but some of the basics are Added EXP and Drops Rates, Additional Characters for an Account, Daily Bonuses and Access to the current Premium Storage. We will add features and content that connects with the Premium Accounts as time goes. This is the last of ourbig plans for the item mall, which is good news as much as it is just more item mall content.

If this is the direction ROSE is headed, that is if this is your BIG PLAN, we really are screwed.

#41 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationJohnston City, IL

Posted 30 October 2011 - 01:18 PM

If this is the direction ROSE is headed, that is if this is your BIG PLAN, we really are screwed.

"For the item mall."

#42 shokwavez

shokwavez

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationOn the mat
  • Server:LEONIS

Posted 30 October 2011 - 01:24 PM

To me it sounds like alot of IM related things will happen and these you often keep the timelines on as well. I personally dislike the lucky spin system a great deal eventho they sometimes contain some decent outfits (that I never bought, I prefer the boxes).

Premium accounts for a Free to Play game when you already have so many bonuses in Item Mall as it is..? So ontop of Exp Medals and Drop Medals etc, there will now be Premium accounts - this is going too far. Why not add 1000 Attack Power extra for those with Premium accounts as well. I could think it was a brilliant idea if you also removed the Boosters and Jelly Beans from IM as this change then would provide us with more fun in PvP related future updates. You gives us something that is nice to have but not entirely necessary and remove something that makes the game TOTALLY messed up PvP wise. Would be suitable now when you're gonna give us some more PvP content.

+1

It would be a dream come true for boosters and Jelly Beans to be completely removed from Rose. Lets see here:
-Oh no I'm getting ganged I guess I need to OP myself. (Front Flip!)

You know, in the old days of Rose when you get ganged, either you sit out OR get some friends OR your clan to help!
No clan? No friends? No one online to help at all? Well guess what guys? This is a GAME! Better luck next time. Cry me a river. Get stronger. Farm longer. GET BETTER GEAR! DO THE FREAKING WORK!

What really gets on my nerves:
-"Hahah. I'm so rich from buying/selling Item Mall, I can waste aruas, boosters, jellies like nothing. You're so poor and weak!"

^ That right there. Another reason why Premium Accounts really set me off. It seems like you set them for life with all those EXP/DROP Bonuses. So why stop there? Yea you might as well give them OP costume sets with +1xxx amount of AP, and let more ego-heads run rose.

Even after all this negative feedback. I'll be honest. I still have some hope. I'm satisfied you guys are still working talking about improvements but please.. HURRY UP.
People are quitting, looking for a new game. Let's be honest you guys want to make money out of us. That's fine. You guys are running the show. BUT MAKE IT FUN AT LEAST.

If you guys actually put in some quality work. My God. Then NO ONE would complain. Here's how:

Small developer team? Fine. Why don't you take a small piece of you're huge plan and work on it slowly.. but diligently. Piece by piece. That's it!
You guys are blindly filling in random pieces to a puzzle without focusing on anything.
Quit giving us ideas what will be and tell us what is actually being done. It's getting old.
There really shouldn't be any doubt with scheduled updates or prolonged deadlines for these patches...

:thumb:

Edited by shokwavez, 30 October 2011 - 01:29 PM.

#43 Wesker

Wesker

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 01:55 PM

Am I the only one who actually likes the Premium account idea.

Look at some other popular games.

What do they all have in common - they either are P2P or have a premium account option.

Let me use Lotro (Lord of the Rings Online) as an example.

The turbine system allows you to play for free however to get the full experience you really need to get a premium account. Why is this? Because they are a business, we should expect those things that make them money to be the things that are pushed. They are not working a charity here but rather are here to make money.

#44 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 01:57 PM

What do they all have in common - they either are P2P or have a premium account option.

The turbine system allows you to play for free however to get the full experience you really need to get a premium account. Why is this? Because they are a business, we should expect those things that make them money to be the things that are pushed. They are not working a charity here but rather are here to make money.

I agree with you.

And to add on to this, I don't see why other people even care how fast someone else levels. It's not your business. It is entirely the account owners choice if they decide to buy Premium in order to aid their leveling speed. There are people out in the world who don't have the chance to sit on the asses on ROSE and waste their life away to simply have 20 full sets of (15) UW armor on 5 characters.

Let the people do what they want to do. If they want to pay that bad, let them. It's not effecting you or any other player any differently, and it's only letting Gravity gain more revenue. This does not hurt you or anyone else besides (possibly,) the person who pays for the status.

Edited by Rukario, 30 October 2011 - 02:01 PM.

#45 shokwavez

shokwavez

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationOn the mat

Posted 30 October 2011 - 02:12 PM

Yes. We can all understand the concept of Pay-To-Play. Let me give you another example. For games such as lets see.. WoW (World Of Warcraft). Wow indeed. Let's compare: Actually there IS no comparison

(Keep in mind I'm not even a fan of WoW)

WoW simply has better quality content. And It's freaking run by Blizzard for Christ Sake. They can do whatever they want! Why? Because their players/customers actually love paying for what WoW has to offer. I know guys that literally spend thousands on that game and FEEL good about it.. BECAUSE the game is consistent.

#46 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 02:18 PM

Yes. We can all understand the concept of Pay-To-Play. Let me give you another example. For games such as lets see.. WoW (World Of Warcraft). Wow indeed. Let's compare: Actually there IS no comparison

(Keep in mind I'm not even a fan of WoW)

WoW simply has better quality content. And It's freaking run by Blizzard for Christ Sake. They can do whatever they want! Why? Because their players/customers actually love paying for what WoW has to offer. I know guys that literally spend thousands on that game and FEEL good about it.. BECAUSE the game is consistent.

I simply find WoW debatable. Mostly everyone I knew who played a year ago has simply stopped because the MMO lacks originality. I have never played, and never will play. Why? I'm not paying monthly for access to a game when there are even better Free to Play games out there (Not necessarily referring to ROSE, but you get my point.)

People pay because they get addicted. People do get addicted to ROSE just like people do with WoW. It's just our player base is much smaller and our developing team is just as equally as small. If we were BLIZZARD, the work that GRAVITY does for ROSE would be considered to be godly. But because we have a lesser amount of everything, the work is not as ample and appealing to the public.

I don't think comparing a small company to a large company is very realistic. That's just me. :/

Edited by Rukario, 30 October 2011 - 02:19 PM.

#47 LordArthas

LordArthas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 02:21 PM

Not sure if you are the only one who likes the Premium Accounts idea. But i can tell many dislike it.
You make a valid point when you say that they run a business and as such they are trying to make money. That's normal. Like i stated above i used to pay for this game and i would do it again. But i would pay for a game where all have the same oportunities. Maybe i am seing this in a wrong way but making some important features mall only (thats exactly whats going to happen with premium content) is not the way to make the shrinking rose population grow. On the contrary i think it will decrease even more.
You give Lotro as an example. I didnt play it so i can't compare but ill give you WOW as another. Correct me if i am wrong (i only played that game a few months) but there are no such thing as premium accounts there. They have, however, a monthly subscription and millions of players worldwide. Gravity isnt Blizzard i know but the fact is there's only a small difference: they add content and add-ons on a regular basis. We get updates breaking things that are working (durability update is the last lame example)
In my point of view, creating special accounts with special benefits might work on the short term. plus the day they will implement if they have a suficient cash flow, you can bet you will see more and more premium content and less and less free one. As an old veteran (too old maybe) i am more concerned with the long term. In that long endless post from Calanor, where did you see real content being implemented shortly? Revamping jewelry, recycling events, tweaking PAT... Where is the innovation? The new maps? The new armors and weapons that will make you go on to achieve another goal?
Honestly i am very sceptic Premium Accounts will benefit the game. Making it P2P at this time would probably not work either. The solution? Start working on the game more and on IM less. Rose has the potential to be one of the best ganmes out there. One, many would pay for. But that demands work, probably too much work for the team we have running it. Premium Accounts looks to me like a band aid you apply on a small wound. But, when you break a bone you have to go to the hospital.

#48 shokwavez

shokwavez

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationOn the mat

Posted 30 October 2011 - 02:23 PM

I simply find WoW debatable. Mostly everyone I knew who played a year ago has simply stopped because the MMO lacks originality. I have never played, and never will play. Why? I'm not paying monthly for access to a game when there are even better Free to Play games out there (Not necessarily referring to ROSE, but you get my point.)

People pay because they get addicted. People do get addicted to ROSE just like people do with WoW. It's just our player base is much smaller and our developing team is just as equally as small. If we were BLIZZARD, the work that GRAVITY does for ROSE would be considered to be godly. But because we have a lesser amount of everything, the work is not as ample and appealing to the public.

I don't think comparing a small company to a large company is very realistic. That's just me. :/

Yes, I know it's an irrelevant comparison, but I was replying to Wesker about his LOTRO. I'm simply stating you simply cannot compare Rose with other p2p MMO's

Edited by shokwavez, 30 October 2011 - 03:52 PM.

#49 LordArthas

LordArthas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 02:27 PM

Maybe not in quantity of content and updates or add-ons. But like we all know quality matters much more than quantity. The point is: where is the quality in Rose updates in the past couple of years?
Gravity is small, we all know that. In a way it's what makes this game the game i love. I just think the path they are taking is wrong and there are better ways. But i am just a player and i probably fail to see the whole Master plan they have.

#50 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 02:28 PM

Gravity isnt Blizzard i know but the fact is there's only a small difference: they add content and add-ons on a regular basis. We get updates breaking things that are working (durability update is the last lame example)

My comment will simply be on this tidbit.

Like I said above, if Gravity were Blizzard, things would get done. Higher amount of workers = higher quality of content, along with availability of consistent content. As of current, Gravity has a small base of employment, because of this I don't even expect them to update anything at all. Yet everyone else is expecting updates at the rate of Blizzard (in this case.)

It just doesn't work that way. :/

-----------------------------------------------------

Quality of work is determined by processing, that processing being the testing phases. Pegasus will be reinstated which will allow select players (or all, I have no idea,) to actually enable testing on content before it is released. This will fix problems with glitches and bugs, and undesired content that everyone is complaining about.

As for the previous year, Gravity has done all of the testing itself; which with such a small team there is only so much that can be found. The diversity is very low and therefore the problems easily leak through. This is why other people have stated, "I have no idea why Pegasus was shut down, it was a stupid idea," etc.

I agree with the fact Pegasus should have remained open. Most of the issues over the past year would have been avoided, including the durability update problems and other various glitches / bugs (Orlo, and droprates.)

Edited by Rukario, 30 October 2011 - 02:32 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users