holy cow! swarm of high level bots - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

holy cow! swarm of high level bots

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 monica12314

monica12314

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 373 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:21 AM

i tried to level my RK today in Anolians hoping to get lucky to get some carga.

but it turned out the place for anolians became swarm of bots. it's really frustrating, i think even taking a screen shot wont matter cause every time i teleport i see at least 2 or 3 walking around.

in the end i got bored to level there , really annoying.

i see a lot of RK , GX , SC , AB. i think GM should at least banned those people.

probably rough estimation there's about 30+ bots roaming that map. i believe that map is gl_sew04

#2 Gangstaz

Gangstaz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:55 AM

lol. where else do you think carga maces come from? this server has SO many suras, mechs and genes. And some RKs like me who use them ;P

The population's demand for carga > the supply.

#3 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 30 October 2011 - 08:01 AM

lol. where else do you think carga maces come from? this server has SO many suras, mechs and genes. And some RKs like me who use them ;P

The population's demand for carga > the supply.

Regardless of supply and demand, there's no justification for botting and these users need to be banned.
If the population wants carga maces then they can go get them the legal and boring way.

#4 monica12314

monica12314

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 08:23 AM

Regardless of supply and demand, there's no justification for botting and these users need to be banned.
If the population wants carga maces then they can go get them the legal and boring way.

this is true , the demand for carga gets high people should get it in a legal way.
botting to get those high demands items , no matter how you look/think at it. no way its going to be ok.

#5 Gangstaz

Gangstaz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 11:05 AM

quick ban them, i'm sick of ppl earning zeny the easy way :thumb:

#6 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 30 October 2011 - 12:34 PM

Unfortunately when people make topics like this it usually leads to the person seeing it and they stop the bot and can't get caught easily. This is why we encourage sending in a ticket over posting it in the forums =\

#7 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 30 October 2011 - 03:42 PM

Unfortunately when people make topics like this it usually leads to the person seeing it and they stop the bot and can't get caught easily. This is why we encourage sending in a ticket over posting it in the forums =\

Most of them doesn't even care really, and it's easy to see where they're botting I think the guys who bans the bots are just too lazy. If they go once a week at least ONCE the place would become a cleaner envirement because I really hate to hunt for stuff i don't wanna spend zeny on or even level. It just promotes people on buying the botted goods if they can't even get it themselves peacefully because of the bots control of the map spawn.

#8 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 03:58 PM

Most of them doesn't even care really, and it's easy to see where they're botting I think the guys who bans the bots are just too lazy. If they go once a week at least ONCE the place would become a cleaner envirement because I really hate to hunt for stuff i don't wanna spend zeny on or even level. It just promotes people on buying the botted goods if they can't even get it themselves peacefully because of the bots control of the map spawn.

If you're going to claim the staff to be lazy, how about you show some empirical facts to back it up. Believe it or not, I know for a FACT that I can speak for Oda because he DOES go to these places you speak of at least once a DAY if not twice. Its unrealistic to expect them to catch everyone because its impossible to keep a GM on every map of every hour of the day just to catch bots and expect them to keep up with their other duties that have to be done.

#9 kite24

kite24

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 506 posts
  • LocationEast Prontera

Posted 30 October 2011 - 11:10 PM

Then I would have to question why there was an announcement by the GM about his intention to go bot hunting in magmarings a few months ago (with the added Boss Summoning event on the same map). If they really wanted to clear the map then they would've banned the people first then announce the MvP party (to celebrate the banning of the bots at that map).

Just sayin'.

#10 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets

Posted 30 October 2011 - 11:21 PM

If you're going to claim the staff to be lazy, how about you show some empirical facts to back it up. Believe it or not, I know for a FACT that I can speak for Oda because he DOES go to these places you speak of at least once a DAY if not twice. Its unrealistic to expect them to catch everyone because its impossible to keep a GM on every map of every hour of the day just to catch bots and expect them to keep up with their other duties that have to be done.

Why not hop in once a week and ban the bots is it too much to ask? If GM's weren't that lazy then the OP wouldn't even make a thread about it. (Maybe she/he would but not like "Holy cow!") And where's your evidence of GM's going once a day I'm assuming everyday. :thumb: Mine? Go to GH if you play on valk server, same bots for about a week or any popular botting place.

It's not like they can bot to 3rd class in a day and switch fast to anolians again (If oda gets in once a day like you say), sooner or later they should be tired of getting banned or not.

Edited by HRdevil, 30 October 2011 - 11:22 PM.

#11 Gangstaz

Gangstaz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 11:35 PM

Well, GMs time is limited. They work 8 hours a day (presumably) and have too many tasks to do in too little time.

If we want to see some change, I propose

1) We stop asking for :thumb:. Put EVERYTHING ON HOLD. EVERYTHANG!!!!

- Balance patch on hold, WoE improvement requests on hold, Test server requests on hold, MVP summoner fix requests on hold, Turn in EDM mvp items requests on hold, "NPCs that pop up at you" fixing on hold, EVENTS ON HOLD NO FREAKING EVENTS FOR 2 WEEKS, and ANY THING YOU CAN THINK OF THAT PEOPLE ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT - all ON HOLD.

2) Spend the pure 8 hours a day, for 5 days of the next week, PURE PURE PURE PURELY warping around banning bots. Ok maybe you CAN keep half a day for maintenance, but the other 4.5 days - PURE BANNING OF BOTS.

See if it doesn't make a difference.

Only works if we, the community, would shut whining about other things (just for one week I promise u it won't be that bad).

Come back in 1 week time and ... its a whole new Valkyrie server!

Can repeat this "banning spree week" 4-5 times a year, it would continously keep the server clean.

3) Remember not to freaking announce the "bot banning week" .... knowing GMs, they like to announce that..

#12 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:05 AM

Harsher penalty for bots please. Ever heard of "permaban"? Show no amnesty or mercy against these bastards.

Posted Image

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 31 October 2011 - 12:06 AM.

#13 Sareki

Sareki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:16 AM

Harsher penalty for bots please. Ever heard of "permaban"? Show no amnesty or mercy against these bastards.

Posted Image

LOL

#14 Wiggles

Wiggles

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 844 posts
  • Server:Ymir (Retired)

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:20 AM

Problem is not that they are lazy.

They do get banned. They get item/zeny removed. They then just come back 1 week later and start again.

#15 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10262 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 31 October 2011 - 01:35 AM

They do get banned. They get item/zeny removed. They then just come back 1 week later and start again.

That's why reports of these high end pondscum are so important. I do love to get repeat offenders. They do not come back.

#16 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 01:43 AM

That's why reports of these high end pondscum are so important. I do love to get repeat offenders. They do not come back.

how high is high for it to be important? and them to be got?

#17 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10262 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 31 October 2011 - 01:45 AM

I've suspended bots of all levels and status, but I get an extra thrill out of catching third class, trans and glowy characters. These are the ones that I especially want to remove, and ones where the biggest message is sent to botters. They have the most to lose.

#18 Gangstaz

Gangstaz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:54 AM

There's a 3rd class in kiel farming alice cards. I keep seeing that map's drops on vend. And every 1-2 days he/she will have a S> Alice Card up. Been going on for 1 month =/

My suspicions.

#19 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:16 AM

There's a 3rd class in kiel farming alice cards. I keep seeing that map's drops on vend. And every 1-2 days he/she will have a S> Alice Card up. Been going on for 1 month =/

My suspicions.

3rd class 150 leveled RK's , SC's

#20 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:24 AM

Why not hop in once a week and ban the bots is it too much to ask? If GM's weren't that lazy then the OP wouldn't even make a thread about it. (Maybe she/he would but not like "Holy cow!") And where's your evidence of GM's going once a day I'm assuming everyday. :dunno: Mine? Go to GH if you play on valk server, same bots for about a week or any popular botting place.

It's not like they can bot to 3rd class in a day and switch fast to anolians again (If oda gets in once a day like you say), sooner or later they should be tired of getting banned or not.

Off the top of my head, will post more later.

http://forums.warppo...post__p__613309
http://forums.warppo...009#entry620009
http://forums.warppo...445#entry613445

Not really, getting banned is nothing more than a temp setback for the hardcore botters, 2 or 3 days later a new swarm will emerge. You have much to learn young grasshopper.

Then I would have to question why there was an announcement by the GM about his intention to go bot hunting in magmarings a few months ago (with the added Boss Summoning event on the same map). If they really wanted to clear the map then they would've banned the people first then announce the MvP party (to celebrate the banning of the bots at that map).

Just sayin'.

I have no idea to what you are referring to, just sayin'.

Edited by Inubashiri, 31 October 2011 - 05:27 AM.

#21 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:44 AM

That's Ymir dude/babe. Me, kite24 are on valkyrie.

#22 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:54 AM

No those are valk numbers

#23 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:51 AM

Zeny/item wipe is useless. Most bots don't put on any gears other than an elemental or overupgraded weapon anyways.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users