#1 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:55 AM

We all know an Adventurer's Backpack is coming as seen from iRO's monthly news letter. The kRO version allows users to use Greed. Problem is that bots can use this too. If we get automatic greed, so do the bots and gold farmers.

If we increase the requirements of this skill to higher upgrades, new players suffer.

If we make it class or base level requirement, new players suffer and it doesn't affect the bots and gold farmers especially the hardcore ones.

Remove Greed completely and things remain the same (Item is still good) but it doesn't help new players combat bots either. =/

Any suggestions?

#2 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:05 AM

Woooh Down with the asprika price's. No wonder there was an increase in recent ingame/forum marketing of bloating its prices in a ditch effort to sell it for overprice.

Bots are being and have to be dealt with separately.

1. it would not make any huge difference to bots as they pick up stuff as fast as a player in game can greed.
2. removing greed would make it rival less to the ventus teleport manteau. So its a Big No No.

Asprika is doing down baby , deal with it.

#3 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:07 AM

Most bots already vacuum up loot more efficiently than any human; they don't need a backpack. XD

Let the humans have their looting skill.

#4 Codface

Codface

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:09 AM

Bots tend not to mob and dont use aoe attacks. They fwing when mobbed. They also are programed to pick up only certain items. Thus dont use greed.

Nuff said topic closed

#5 aMoore

aMoore

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 272 posts
  • LocationHere and there.
  • Server:Chaos [Renewal]

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:13 AM

As Mastersmith with Greed skill, I won't feel special anymore when this item came out. Poop!

#6 Asuki

Asuki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:38 AM

the funniest part of adventurer pack is that it wil make everyone been able to greed but the mado mechs, the one class that actually has greed in there skills lol

#7 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:32 AM

the funniest part of adventurer pack is that it wil make everyone been able to greed but the mado mechs, the one class that actually has greed in there skills lol

This was true for 3 weeks. Then kRO realise how stupid it was that mado mechs couldn't use greed and fixed it. Also glad that they will allow Warg Riding Rangers to use Greed too.

#8 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:34 AM

This was true for 3 weeks. Then kRO realise how stupid it was that mado mechs couldn't use greed and fixed it. Also glad that they will allow Warg Riding Rangers to use Greed too.

Does it work with KP Mounts? Never tried it.

#9 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:35 AM

No KP mounts are intended to disable all skills.

#10 sv003

sv003

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOklahoma
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:48 AM

I think if they took the C tab, gave it a HUG, maybe put in a G and a Y tab, and then added all the capital letters before this part, it'll add out to something CHUGGY!

#11 Gangstaz

Gangstaz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:00 AM

what's with u and chuggy?

#12 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:02 AM

what's with u and chuggy?

there was a guy saying chuggy instead of laggy and it made everyone laugh.

#13 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:08 AM

Woooh Down with the asprika price's. No wonder there was an increase in recent ingame/forum marketing of bloating its prices in a ditch effort to sell it for overprice.

Bots are being and have to be dealt with separately.

1. it would not make any huge difference to bots as they pick up stuff as fast as a player in game can greed.
2. removing greed would make it rival less to the ventus teleport manteau. So its a Big No No.

Asprika is doing down baby , deal with it.

Everyone can hate me for saying this but I think you are probably one of the dumbest posters I have ever crossed paths with.
okay bai ^ ^

#14 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:47 AM

Bots are already looting items without greed, it wouldn't change anything except making it less tedious for legit players honestly.

#15 TheUraharaShop

TheUraharaShop

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 962 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:My Dreams + Loki

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:57 AM

This should be released as apart of a care package for players who pay for VIP service. This gives players a reason to pay for something that will help them play and make them want to play. But there should still be restrictions.

Possibly
*Increased SP cost like the Heal Clip
*Increase the Skill Delay time
*Restrict access on certain maps

#16 MelonyDale

MelonyDale

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:28 AM

Adventurer's Backpack better be a rental item because i'v spent a lot of time lving my blacksmith and wanting to use greed was big part of why i did it

#17 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:38 AM

This should be released as apart of a care package for players who pay for VIP service. This gives players a reason to pay for something that will help them play and make them want to play. But there should still be restrictions.

Possibly
*Increased SP cost like the Heal Clip
*Increase the Skill Delay time
*Restrict access on certain maps

Posted Image If your goal is to kill RO then you can do that.

#18 TheUraharaShop

TheUraharaShop

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 962 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:52 AM

Posted Image If your goal is to kill RO then you can do that.

Dont really agree with that. For the most part, other games in the WarpPortal are set up in a similar way. I think it's just the mentality of players wanting it "now" rather then looking at all the pro's and con's.

#19 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:55 AM

Increasing the skill delay of skills? I'll be honest, I would quit if they did that. Restricting maps, to what end? You can't just restrict content or in-game mechanics and demand money for it. Doesn't matter if you agree with me I can tell you that the community would never agree to that one.

#20 TheUraharaShop

TheUraharaShop

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 962 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:12 AM

Increasing the skill delay of skills? I'll be honest, I would quit if they did that. Restricting maps, to what end? You can't just restrict content or in-game mechanics and demand money for it. Doesn't matter if you agree with me I can tell you that the community would never agree to that one.

That undermines the class being played. With the release of new items and gear that gives that class a clear advantage in being played, unless it is regulated, it diminishes the need for players to play and along side that class. For the most part the community would reject it, up until the class that they've slaved over, fell into the same bucket where most of the skills have been released in the Item Mall; Only then would they have a problem.

If players cared more about playing rather then winning, I do believe, this discussion would take a different route.

As for the "restrictions" any ONE of them would be fine, any more than one would cause the item to be useless... just like most of the items in the item mall... that for the most part serve no purpose.

#21 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:46 AM

@TheUraharaShop-Mechanics were given the stinky end of a poopy stick by gravity from day one.
Obviously you don't play RO anymore nor do you even bother to peruse the game play and class help forums.
If you did, you could at least pretend you know what you are talking about.

Inubashiri is right. Those who remember that bots have been auto-looting for years-thank you for being smart.

Only problem I see with backpack's debut is there are not enough zeny sinks in the economy to compensate for
the huge influx of zeny that is going to be created. On a random day greeding on my mech I can make
30 mil just in OC junk items. Potential billions of zeny will be added to the economy everyday. We'll need
a permanent raffle or lottery as well a revamping some of the older zeny sinks.

#22 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:48 AM

Undermines the classes being played? Now I know you must be trolling now.

Most classes have taken a hit in renewal as it is, others will in the balance patch and now you want to sudden thrust upon the consumer, "btw you gotta pay me x dollars so you don't get gimped on your skill reusage". If Gravity did that, they'd be laughed off the planet.

Also I forgot to mention Vitata card already has an effect similar to what you were saying, and has had it for years, over my dead sprite body before that happens.

And seriously, the next time you have an aweome idea to change/revolutionize the game, please keep it to yourself. Most of the ones you seem to come up with so far apart from a few of them are nothing more than attempts to chainsaw to the game rather than a fine scalpel.

Edited by Inubashiri, 31 October 2011 - 11:53 AM.

#23 TheUraharaShop

TheUraharaShop

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 962 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:09 PM

Argument By Selective Observation: Also called cherry picking, the enumeration of favorable circumstances, or as the philosopher Francis Bacon described it, counting the hits and forgetting the misses.

However I'll concede to the point. Possibly I was heavy handed and remiss with my point. All though give it two weeks and the forums will be full of the same rhetoric of "bad" ideas and events. Sometimes amputation rather than a noninvasive procedure should be considered as a realistic option... possibly we're at that point.

#24 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:14 PM

Umm greed has been a cancer on the iRO economy since orc dungeon.

Now lets all pretend that greed scrolls and bot autolooting don't exist and think about ways to punish legitimate players for bots evil doings.

#25 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:18 PM

Punishing the skill instead of the player only ends up hurting the community in the long run.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users