Bots + Greed - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Bots + Greed

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#26 KataiKou

KataiKou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:29 PM

I don't think Greed isn't really a bot problem, to be honest. Bots do fine without it, so it's basically irrelevant to them for the most part. Lord knows they'd rely on a Greed Mechanic anyway (I assume Backpack is a kafra shop item, and bot-leveling a blacksmith/mechanic costs 0 dollars). I'm disregarding most "casual" botters, because the bot farms make a much stronger presence and have less to lose.

However, high availability of Greed will definitely make an interesting impact on the economy. Lord knows I'm making my own dent in the economy with my Triple Poring Hat. We don't have any good ways to get rid of zenny at the moment (it just changes hands). We just need interesting ways to spend zenny that's more than just Player-to-Player transactions.

#27 MelonyDale

MelonyDale

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:30 PM

this backpack is not being added to combat bots I'v been playing Valkyrie sever for quite awhile now before renewal even, And I have never once had a problem getting an item from a enemy i just defeat because bots where around. I dont know if you forgot but other players/bots cannot pick up an item from a monster someone else has killed until a certain amount of time has passed. This item is being made for lazy players that dont want to lv a blacksmith or, don't want to take the time to pick up there lots.

Items like this make me want to quite this game.

Edited by MelonyDale, 31 October 2011 - 12:32 PM.

#28 TheUraharaShop

TheUraharaShop

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 962 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:My Dreams + Loki

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:30 PM

Punishing the skill instead of the player only ends up hurting the community in the long run.

So which part are we counting? Because as a collective whole, there are two district factions. Those who buy Cash Items to Turn Over and those Who buy them to use and share with friends. So why can't there be a release of something that can honestly target both groups or just focus on one than the other?

For example, (retracting the previous interjection of my ideas) it targeting both styles of players.

It works as is, but with the additional effect of If equipped by a Black Smith class, it increases their range of greed to a 3x3 range and decrease the sp cost of Greed by 30%

#29 MelonyDale

MelonyDale

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:38 PM

So which part are we counting? Because as a collective whole, there are two district factions. Those who buy Cash Items to Turn Over and those Who buy them to use and share with friends. So why can't there be a release of something that can honestly target both groups or just focus on one than the other?

For example, (retracting the previous interjection of my ideas) it targeting both styles of players.

It works as is, but with the additional effect of If equipped by a Black Smith class, it increases their range of greed to a 3x3 range and decrease the sp cost of Greed by 30%

7x7 "4 cells away from the caster" for blacksmith sounds much more fair to me. "greed is a 5x5 so 3x3 would be smaller.."

#30 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:43 PM

this backpack is not being added to combat bots I'v been playing Valkyrie sever for quite awhile now before renewal even, And I have never once had a problem getting an item from a enemy i just defeat because bots where around. I dont know if you forgot but other players/bots cannot pick up an item from a monster someone else has killed until a certain amount of time has passed. This item is being made for lazy players that dont want to lv a blacksmith or, don't want to take the time to pick up there lots.

Items like this make me want to quite this game.

It's not that terrible, and bots actually can bypass the delay, but lets not get into that.

Greed scrolls already exist. Have done for a long long time. so do normal priest buff scrolls along with Adrenaline rush.

My problem with the backpack is that it is an all in one solution garment item from the kafra shop that devalues items that are obtainable through real gameplay. Whether that is asprika, nid or muffler. Back in my day we used to hunt sohees for mufflers and they were REAL GOOD money!

But now its just about buying KP. le sigh.

It's not like it just gives greed. it gives stat bonuses and a slot. Sorta crazy!

#31 MelonyDale

MelonyDale

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 01:11 PM

It's not that terrible, and bots actually can bypass the delay, but lets not get into that.

Greed scrolls already exist. Have done for a long long time. so do normal priest buff scrolls along with Adrenaline rush.

bots actually can bypass the delay.. it never happened to me and I have been playing for a quite a long time. "6 years including private severs"

its state boost just make it worse... its still just a fix for lazy people, in all the time iv been playing RO i have have never had a problem with picking up my items.

greed scrolls i'm okay with there like bolt scrolls one time use and then gone, its up to you to make the best of them.

i like the ideas TheUraharaShop gave "i think there not enough greed is really good skill"

*Increased SP cost like the Heal Clip
*Increase the Skill Delay time
*Restrict access on certain maps

or give blacksmith a greed lv2 with a 9x9 cell "4 cells away form caster"

though the best option is to not make this stupid item at all and instead work on getting yourself's out from under KRO's thumb so you can do something creative with the game if not i fear this game will die.

#32 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 31 October 2011 - 01:14 PM

10 years here and fixes do come up, I think bots avoid bypassing the delay cause it's easier for them to get caught.

I wouldn't mind a greed level 2 to perk the blacksmith class, they deserve it.

#33 TheUraharaShop

TheUraharaShop

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 962 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 01:33 PM

10 years here and fixes do come up, I think bots avoid bypassing the delay cause it's easier for them to get caught.

I wouldn't mind a greed level 2 to perk the blacksmith class, they deserve it.

I'd swing at most 4X4, it should be lucrative, just not ridiculously over powered.

As for the bots, most still can't do the "Pick up from 7 tiles away" because of a patch released about 2 years ago. They still can do it, but not as often as people would think compared to before.

So we've come up with a decent solution Inubashiri... One of which makes me go.. Hmm... I need to log on to see how boss being a Blacksmith can be!

Edited by TheUraharaShop, 31 October 2011 - 01:35 PM.

#34 KataiKou

KataiKou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 01:36 PM

I actually don't know if the iRO team actually has the ability to modify/add skills. That might be something in the kRO jurisdiction.

#35 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:16 PM

@MelonyDale:
Bots can bypass priority. People can also make them pick up items from anywhere on the map server if they wanted to too. But as Xellie said doing so makes them very easy to get caught.

@TheUraharaShop:
4x4 :dunno:, there is a reason why all AoE's are in odd numbers...

As TheSquishy pointed out there are no zeny sinks in the game. new players would be forced to pay for this item if they want to compete zeny wise. The point of -25% sale on etc items was to reduce the zeny in the game. Greed to everyone + bots would just make zeny even more worthless.

#36 TheUraharaShop

TheUraharaShop

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 962 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:43 PM

4x4 :dunno:, there is a reason why all AoE's are in odd numbers...

Oh hush you and your cookie stealing dragon I forgot where the player stood, but I was really thinking for it to be in the direction the player was facing...

#37 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:52 PM

My only question is why is a kafra shop item better than every single alternative we can get by PLAYING the game? Clearly we are not meant to play the game, but just buy items for kafra points instead.

#38 KataiKou

KataiKou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:13 PM

Because no one would buy the Kafra shop item, and therefore the server would not make any money, and the whole operation would need to be shut down.

Seriously, would you buy a Garment from the Kafra shop if it was worse than your Nid garb? Honestly?

#39 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:19 PM

Increasing the skill delay of skills? I'll be honest, I would quit if they did that. Restricting maps, to what end? You can't just restrict content or in-game mechanics and demand money for it. Doesn't matter if you agree with me I can tell you that the community would never agree to that one.

EHEM........ V.A.C.U.M E.X.T.R.E.M.E

#40 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:22 PM

AHEM

Posted Image

Also that has nothing to do with what I posted.

#41 TheUraharaShop

TheUraharaShop

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 962 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:22 PM

Because no one would buy the Kafra shop item, and therefore the server would not make any money, and the whole operation would need to be shut down.

Seriously, would you buy a Garment from the Kafra shop if it was worse than your Nid garb? Honestly?

And that's the problem. It only about DPS. Until that thought pattern can change, (better yet) or new game modes are put in to place, the only concern is "damage,damage,damage,damage,damage".

So the question for you would be: What would you pay for that has nothing to do directly with DPS (or Damage Reduction)?

#42 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:23 PM

That is absolute crap. If the game isn't fun to play or there isn't stuff to do, people wouldn't have reasons to buy from the kafra shop in the first place. There's plenty of ways they can make money from it without kicking people who play the game in the nuts.

The day they make people pay money to use V.E on every map is the day people should quit.

#43 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:29 PM

So what would you want on gear that isn't related to some sort of damage thing.

We don't have housing yet/ever, so selling you an awesome couch isn't plausible, so it has to be some sort of battle gear.

Cute gear might be a bit more popular once the costume system is working, but realistically those aren't new sales, those are just using old items to pimp your look.

Every month we do need to inspire players to buy, if we don't things won't last long. Right now we are hitting our long time players more than we actually want. I would rather we have more people buy small amounts than a fewer number of players dropping crazy money. It is a healthier game in the long run if we spread out the spending and as long as the monthly requirements are met. What in your opinion would tempt a non-paying player to want to spend a few bucks?

#44 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:33 PM

i would spend my money on getting back my scholar SPRITE! OR REMOVING THAT 150 AURA ITS JUST ANOYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HEIMDAD! you should make a new topic asking that! what does a non-paying user would want to spend for a few heimdollars!!!!

Edited by Mefistofeles, 31 October 2011 - 03:35 PM.

#45 KataiKou

KataiKou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:35 PM

Like what? We've tried the subscription model, and the game tanked hard. Cosmetic items have be known to sell really poorly. Even stuff like Hair Dye and Clothing dyes are one time purchases for the lifetime of the character.

Even if we move to a purely cosmetic Kafra shop, to make it mildly profitable, the game would likely end up like this:
1) All characters start with the same hair, with a single dye. Changing Hair and Hair color requires Kafra Shop rent (to benefit from repeat purchases)
2) All hats don't appear on the player. Only costume parts appear on the player, available through the Kafra shop for rent (to benefit from repeat purchases)

And even with that setup, do you think people would actually buy anything?

#46 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:40 PM

So what would you want on gear that isn't related to some sort of damage thing.

We don't have housing yet/ever, so selling you an awesome couch isn't plausible, so it has to be some sort of battle gear.

Cute gear might be a bit more popular once the costume system is working, but realistically those aren't new sales, those are just using old items to pimp your look.

Every month we do need to inspire players to buy, if we don't things won't last long. Right now we are hitting our long time players more than we actually want. I would rather we have more people buy small amounts than a fewer number of players dropping crazy money. It is a healthier game in the long run if we spread out the spending and as long as the monthly requirements are met. What in your opinion would tempt a non-paying player to want to spend a few bucks?

Why not more micro transaction orientated buffs toward current base gears so that play is needed in order to spend the money to have awesome kafra shop based gear? Such as a buff scroll that works in conjunction with < insert awesome base item here that should be play reward not cash item> I mean look at the RWC shield WHAT ARE KRO THINKING?!

And no. no GTB Scroll. nononono.

Paying a little extra for extended dungeon warps... would totally do that. Rental alternative sprites / dyes.... would consider that. GX is a terrible sprite you have no idea.
Premium only map access, the reset stones are doing the mvp summoner thing.... Surely little things add up rather than flat out 1 off purchases per player for a piece of equipment that is sucking away from ingame playtime anyway?

edit: I JUST BOUGHT MEDIUM LIFE POTS HA! THOSE ARE GOOD.

Edited by Xellie, 31 October 2011 - 03:41 PM.

#47 Bladefox

Bladefox

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • Server:Chaos - Renewal

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:43 PM

It's amazing the amount of complaining people do for them introducing an item to help the players out. I really don't get this community, reading these forums gives me a headache. You're all really upset they're adding a garment that makes life easier for you? What? Seriously what?!

Is there anything that doesn't bother you guys that's added? You guys really think the sky is falling if a few people can cast greed?

Also doesn't a yoyo pet loot for you, that's an in-game obtainable pet that costs no kafra points right?

@Heimdallr: An item I think people would pay for even as a non-paying player I'd have to go with a once a month KP item that lets you upgrade a +8 item to +9 that then makes the item account bound. Sounds broken? Not to me but I'm sure the community or the 1% that post would flame the idea.

#48 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:49 PM

Also doesn't a yoyo pet loot for you, that's an in-game obtainable pet that costs no kafra points right?

@Heimdallr: An item I think people would pay for even as a non-paying player I'd have to go with a once a month KP item that lets you upgrade a +8 item to +9 that then makes the item account bound. Sounds broken? Not to me but I'm sure the community or the 1% that post would flame the idea.

No, pets only give passive bonuses. They don't "do" anything.
My issue with the stupid backback is the bonuses it gives and the fact that it is slotted. It's better than currently earned ingame gear.

And that idea is kinda cool. It's balanced out by the account bound part.

#49 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:49 PM

i would pay for the labelling system!!!!!!!! even if i dont play, i dont want to get my items away from me by a stupid hacker >.<

#50 KataiKou

KataiKou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:53 PM

Remember that account-binding gears the game towards a pay-to-win scenario. At current, powerful items can be purchased from other players using zenny. Given enough effort, you can buy a +9 Rideword Hat without spending a dime.

Account binding means that people who spend KP have a natural advantage over those who do not.

i would pay for the labelling system!!!!!!!! even if i dont play, i dont want to get my items away from me by a stupid hacker >.<

That'd be kind of cute to have "Mefistofeles's Rideword Hat". Maybe have it hooked into a "borrow" system, where the item automatically returns to its owner if it ends up on a different account for x-days. That might be out of scope for the iRO team's programmming, though, lol.

Edited by KataiKou, 31 October 2011 - 03:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users