Bots + Greed - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Bots + Greed

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#51 Bladefox

Bladefox

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos - Renewal

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:59 PM

No, pets only give passive bonuses. They don't "do" anything.
My issue with the stupid backback is the bonuses it gives and the fact that it is slotted. It's better than currently earned ingame gear.

And that idea is kinda cool. It's balanced out by the account bound part.

Never been much a of a pet user forgive my ignorance. I got the information from RMS it says when it has the monkey circlet it loots.

Where is this newsletter that talks about the backpack I havn't got it yet I guess?

Remember that account-binding gears the game towards a pay-to-win scenario. At current, powerful items can be purchased from other players using zenny. Given enough effort, you can buy a +9 Rideword Hat without spending a dime.

Account binding means that people who spend KP have a natural advantage over those who do not.

I wont deny it's advantage as a lot of hats require +9 nowadays to unlock their full potential. It's the only thing I could think that people would think about buying if they got their item to +8 though. If there was some way to cap it's purchase amount but then it wouldn't bring in much money for gravity.

Also like Xellie said, I'm not even a really vane guy but I bought the dye for my Guillotine cross because it looks horrific with the purple. Why the hell did they take my cape away? Why did the Assassin Cross look cooler it makes no sense =P

Edited by Bladefox, 31 October 2011 - 04:18 PM.

#52 Chigikogou

Chigikogou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 October 2011 - 04:09 PM

I do not think we should smite the Greed Backpack just yet. Why? because we don't know still how can we obtain the item.
Just for example throwing the said backpack on a "box" as a class S item. This would prove that not much people can obtain the item.
Not until if such happens or IF it was sold as a Kafra item nakedly then must we smite the item.

This discussion is compelling, but in my own opinion Greed is both important for starting and ending levels, so it would be disappointing to end such jocund story just yet without having our eyes on it in this server.

edit: please do not gather information on RMS, eAthena features are different on ours. Besides, it is already outdated. Anywhoo, do not confront the site. Please refer to irowiki.org instead.

Edited by Chigikogou, 31 October 2011 - 04:11 PM.

#53 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:03 PM

I'm sure it's been said but im not reading this stupid thread. BOTS DO NOT NEED GREED THEY CAN LOOT FROM ACROSS THE SCREEN ANYWAY, INSTANTLY. jeez.

#54 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:10 PM

What in your opinion would tempt a non-paying player to want to spend a few bucks?

More premium dungeons would be nice.
A guaranteed upgrade item (one complimentary for each month of subscription purchased)
More Clothing dyes and hairstyles, hair colors-current selection is rather pitiful.
Low priced ornamental items-$1 for something cute instead of current $3-$5 for something useful.
A premium PvP arena-maybe a ladder system.

#55 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:14 PM

I'm sure it's been said but im not reading this stupid thread. BOTS DO NOT NEED GREED THEY CAN LOOT FROM ACROSS THE SCREEN ANYWAY, INSTANTLY. jeez.

I will also throw my 2 cents in, I've seen it done.

#56 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:15 PM

A guaranteed upgrade item (one complimentary for each month of subscription purchased)
More Clothing dyes and hairstyles, hair colors-current selection is rather pitiful.
Low priced ornamental items-$1 for something cute instead of current $3-$5 for something useful.

this

#57 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:17 PM

Do you really care about bots using greed? If they can pick up the loot they want instantly after killing the monster...

#58 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:25 PM

It's amazing the amount of complaining people do for them introducing an item to help the players out. I really don't get this community, reading these forums gives me a headache. You're all really upset they're adding a garment that makes life easier for you? What? Seriously what?!Is there anything that doesn't bother you guys that's added? You guys really think the sky is falling if a few people can cast greed?

Can cast greed? Are you insane? Have you even looked at the garment? It's the best garment you can possibly get. It is better than a GOD ITEM. It is better than a Nyd Garb. It is better than every single in-game alternative. Casting greed is simply the tip of the iceberg when it comes to this garment.

#59 Asuki

Asuki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:45 PM

nyd garb still better because of the sp leech when combined with rideword hat

#60 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:50 PM

Good gears have specific uses. It is wrong to expect one gear to do it all. Because there would not be any point in introducing new gear. the adventure pack in question does have its benefits for specific situations/uses but that is only until it too is overshadowed by the next big thing.
it is that next big thing concept that keeps the content new , expectations high, interest captivated and drives the life of any mmorpg. i really dont see a point in crying against it.

#61 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:19 PM

nyd garb still better because of the sp leech when combined with rideword hat

I have to admit I never notice the sp leech, it's so rare.

#62 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:20 PM

In regards to tempting a non-paying player into becoming a paying player...I honestly don't know. It's really hard to justify spending money on a free game. The biggest reason I play this game is because it's free. In the past 2 years I've bought FFXIII, Fallout New Vegas, and am getting Skyrim. People have to budget now, if they weren't spending money, I doubt you could get them to change their minds. This is not a stellar game for new players. I would guess that a vast majority of cash flow comes from veteran players who have a reason to spend money, and most Kafra Shop Items are for players that are deep into the game. I believe the problem is to get new players deep into the game, where they can justify spending money on a free game. Maybe the problem isn't getting fiscal conservatives to spend money, but to get them into a position where spending money is a realistic option.

#63 Wiggles

Wiggles

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 844 posts
  • Server:Ymir (Retired)

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:31 PM

It's the best garment you can possibly get. It is better than a GOD ITEM. It is better than a Nyd Garb. It is better than every single in-game alternative.

What other way can this game go now?

All it can do is continue to release overpowered items and the next will keep being better than the last.

Get a translator and read some of the ridiculous stuff some of the other versions are selling. It will make its way to iRO soon enough.

#64 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:34 PM

What other way can this game go now?

All it can do is continue to release overpowered items and the next will keep being better than the last.

Get a translator and read some of the ridiculous stuff some of the other versions are selling. It will make its way to iRO soon enough.

like i said

Good gears have specific uses. It is wrong to expect one gear to do it all. Because there would not be any point in introducing new gear. the adventure pack in question does have its benefits for specific situations/uses but that is only until it too is overshadowed by the next big thing.
it is that next big thing concept that keeps the content new , expectations high, interest captivated and drives the life of any mmorpg. i really dont see a point in crying against it.

#65 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:41 AM

Posted Image

#66 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:53 AM

Posted Image

I see what you did there!

#67 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:41 AM

Agreed. Hairstyles and clothing dye options expanded preez.
Idk how much money Gravity would rake in with more customizeable sprite options.

Premium dungeons +1 (but maybe just on Ymir and Ygg?)

I've been begging for more cute and useless hats that are bought through kafra and are not lucky box contents and Heim keeps pounding no onto my face.

Edited by Okii, 01 November 2011 - 10:42 AM.

#68 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:22 PM

I've always wondered if a man can truely understand the all-consuming need for Kawaii headgears?

Super cute, purely cosmetic and account bound could be the wave of the future.

#69 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:36 PM

Doesn't league of legends make a considerable income from character skins?

#70 geniewinie

geniewinie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 01:08 PM

Punishing the skill instead of the player only ends up hurting the community in the long run.

not really. we already have that magnolia hat running around. seen some ABs afking inside the Orc dun with other skill-cards so after kill greed would be used by chance. hell, that is thesame as botting. let the greed stay w/ Blacksmiths, Whitesmiths, and mechanics - besides it's ideal to leave it these way. It promotes partying too for BS,WS,& mech regarding to the needs of that particular skill.

#71 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 01:18 PM

not really. we already have that magnolia hat running around. seen some ABs afking inside the Orc dun with other skill-cards so after kill greed would be used by chance. hell, that is thesame as botting. let the greed stay w/ Blacksmiths, Whitesmiths, and mechanics - besides it's ideal to leave it these way. It promotes partying too for BS,WS,& mech regarding to the needs of that particular skill.

NO, i do legit money by hunting monsters in huge mobs. that skill would be AMAZING!!!!!!! becouse some times i lost blanks looking in those piles of crap >_>

and the magnolia hat needs a boost to the greed chance, right now its pathetic

Edited by Mefistofeles, 01 November 2011 - 01:19 PM.

#72 geniewinie

geniewinie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 01:23 PM

NO, i do legit money by hunting monsters in huge mobs. that skill would be AMAZING!!!!!!! becouse some times i lost blanks looking in those piles of crap >_>

and the magnolia hat needs a boost to the greed chance, right now its pathetic

don't be too greedy, good thing those blanks are gone b4 the maghat's greed activates /meh

#73 KataiKou

KataiKou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 01:24 PM

Doesn't league of legends make a considerable income from character skins?

League of Legends also has millions of players.

Also consider that LoL is pumping out a new champion every 2 weeks. In most cases, people buy 1 skin per champion, so this works for them.

The equivalent here would be that, at most, people would buy 1 set of customization per character for the lifetime of that character. However, as it is, very few people feel the need to customize their character. We would have to reduce the number of hair styles and colors that are available in the character creations creen before we can offer haircuts for sale in a manner that would be profitable.

((also, LoL is actually a fun an enjoyable game. I only play RO because people are really nice and LoL people tend to be dicks))

Edited by KataiKou, 01 November 2011 - 01:25 PM.

#74 chasko

chasko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 02:27 PM

All bots already have the Greed skill anyway. They can set how fast they pick up their loots and what loots to pick up. The adventurer's backpack will be nice for us. If I remember correctly, those OP stats on the backpack were event only and not permanent? I could be wrong though. After the event it just became a backpack with greed and a slot. Still nice. :dunno:

Edited by chasko, 01 November 2011 - 02:28 PM.

#75 Zayik

Zayik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • LocationReno, Nevada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 01 November 2011 - 02:36 PM

Back in the days I used to be a looting master on my priest. My friends would call me a beefed up poring because I would loot the items before their dropping animation even finished at times. Ah, good old looting days. that was when I was REAAAALLY poor. But i tell you, it was fun being know as the masta looter!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users