Rune knights getting beaten with the nerf pole - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 6 votes

Rune knights getting beaten with the nerf pole

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#1 RacistBlackMan

RacistBlackMan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:23 AM

so i know that these "balance" changes arent final and we might not get everything thats listed but i have a feeling thats not the case.

BOTH our aoe skills get their damage cut in half pretty much, which was already pretty crappy unless you had god items/mvp gears

clashing is going to be useless.

hp reduced by like 10% which means were going to go down even faster

were going to have to default unfrozens 90% of the time in woe since 100 int wont give freeze immunity anymore which means even less hp since we cant wear glorious suit/bryn anymore

oh and were always going to be off our dragon since our only defense against the shadow chasers flying kick+remove your :wub: was spamming stormblast and hoping they would die

the only "buffs" we get are to hundred spear, which is still going to be really -_-ty in woe compared to 95% of the other skills out there, and crush strike which has a 30 second cooldown

and you might be thinking "herpderp frenzy and ctrl click" in which case my response is lol dispel or you might just get flying kicked which takes away your zerk pot making you a guy with 200k hp hitting people at 170 aspd doing :) damage the entire time

anybody care to explain to me why kRO hates rune knights so much? i guess being the only class that can put up a fight vs a decent sura pissed them off pretty bad

#2 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:34 AM

clashing is going to be useless.

Hundred spears will be the new clashing. On steroids. It can do over 6000% your damage, usable with kvm spear, and with a .1 second variable cast time. it sounds good enough...

hp reduced by like 10% which means were going to go down even faster

You will have the higher Hp than any other class still.

were going to have to default unfrozens 90% of the time in woe since 100 int wont give freeze immunity anymore which means even less hp since we cant wear glorious suit/bryn anymore

Everyone will suffer the same, not just rune knights.

oh and were always going to be off our dragon since our only defense against the shadow chasers flying kick+remove your :wub: was spamming stormblast and hoping they would die

Go read the masquerade formulas, I feel that it will be quite the opposite

Edited by Kadnya, 04 November 2011 - 10:50 AM.

#3 kite24

kite24

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 506 posts
  • LocationEast Prontera
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:38 AM

and you might be thinking "herpderp frenzy and ctrl click" in which case my response is lol dispel or you might just get flying kicked which takes away your zerk pot making you a guy with 200k hp hitting people at 170 aspd doing :wub: damage the entire time

Nobody dispels anyways.

#4 Hulk

Hulk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:48 AM

this is the only game when something gets nerfed people QQ moar. thats why its called balance patch to balance every -_-in skill ingame. what you wanna play a broken game your whole life? just suck it up and think of a better solution so your class dont kiss the floor all the time. its not like your class is the only class thats being nerfed. every -_-in class is getting nerfed for christs sake. sick of people QQing like this. if it makes the game better then its ok.

#5 Orlim

Orlim

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:54 AM

this is the only game when something gets nerfed people QQ moar. thats why its called balance patch to balance every -_-in skill ingame. what you wanna play a broken game your whole life? just suck it up and think of a better solution so your class dont kiss the floor all the time. its not like your class is the only class thats being nerfed. every -_-in class is getting nerfed for christs sake. sick of people QQing like this. if it makes the game better then its ok.

The most interesting phenomenon is that only players playing the most broken FOTM classes go and make whole threads crying about their classes being touched up by devs. Omitting the entire periphery at the same darn time.

WoE as it is only revolves around RG RK and Suras... I don't even feel that the entire buffs/nerfs do anything at all to change the current metagame.

#6 RacistBlackMan

RacistBlackMan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:55 AM

i have a sura

i dont know who your fighitng but i always get dispelled

and what solution would you suggest for my class not sucking? should i just cast crush strike run in and bwing after i hit sombody? cause thats going to be the only thing i can do to kill anyone

also pneuma makes hundred spear useless too since its going to be ranged which itself is a nerf

also the only time rk is op is when they have hundreds of ales 2x megs sleipnir bryn and +12 or higher kvm spear

without those your going to be doing 10k stormblast in woe NOW

Edited by RacistBlackMan, 04 November 2011 - 10:57 AM.

#7 Hulk

Hulk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:03 AM

i have a surai dont know who your fighitng but i always get dispelled and what solution would you suggest for my class not sucking? should i just cast crush strike run in and bwing after i hit sombody? cause thats going to be the only thing i can do to kill anyonealso pneuma makes hundred spear useless too since its going to be ranged which itself is a nerfalso the only time rk is op is when they have hundreds of ales 2x megs sleipnir bryn and +12 or higher kvm spearwithout those your going to be doing 10k stormblast in woe NOW

exactly, it isnt supposed to be who hits first wins. spammable skills shouldnt even be going more than 10k damage. thats where skill and experience comes in. just like pre-renewal it takes alot of teamwork and strategy to win. that's how RO is supposed to be played. not i fist u i win. i SB u i win. lrn2play the game.

#8 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:06 AM

And now tell me how many classes can deal over 10k AoE in one single blow with average gear.

#9 NoxiousOrchid

NoxiousOrchid

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 755 posts
  • LocationLA, CA

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:14 AM

also pneuma makes hundred spear useless too since its going to be ranged which itself is a nerf

Clashing Spiral was ranged too, I don't see the problem. Try out the skill patch and then present your concerns and suggestions. Formulas are one thing, but testing it in the actual game is completely different. You may find some of the changes more to your liking than you think.

I wouldn't say that they hate RKs (many other classes got beaten by the 'nerf stick' as well). They just felt some things were not going as planned when they designed renewal. Their sense of balance does seem off though, so we are lucky that our GMs are letting us give feedback to change it more to what we feel is balanced.

#10 RacistBlackMan

RacistBlackMan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:16 AM

And now tell me how many classes can deal over 10k AoE in one single blow with average gear.

if by average gear you mean no god items then im pretty sure tiger cannon and overbrand do more then 10k with a +9 kvm spear/mace

oh and lets not forget sorcerers with cold mode+wind psychic wave

Edited by RacistBlackMan, 04 November 2011 - 11:17 AM.

#11 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts
  • Server:ymir/valk

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:19 AM

People obviously aren't thinking of how easy it's going to be to kill rks wihout them spamming ales. Riding a dragon is pretty much like having a sign on your back saying "kill me first"

#12 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:25 AM

Just to clarify a bit more:

- About masquerades, just by going at 50% your max weight you already have 65% resistance. Rune knights have extra carrying limit thanks to peco-dragon, plus you have str, so you could leave somethings at storage if you feel like prioritizing masquerade resistance. You can increase this resistance up to like 92%~ by adding some agi or luk.

- Hundred spears damage modifier can get really high. Like, really high... as in, if by meleeing you hit something for 500 damage you hundred spears hits it for 30000. It will has a negligible cast time so if there isn't a pneuma in place already, there won't be time to react.

Maybe you are jumping over changes a bit too fast. I'm actually excited to see my rune knight with her annoying sounding skill being deadly.

If any class is being really 'hit' by this patch is shadow chaser. They are still useful, but the negative changes to them will change the class by a lot, both leveling and in woe.

Edited by Kadnya, 04 November 2011 - 11:28 AM.

#13 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts
  • Server:ymir/valk

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:46 AM

The should remove the hp part of goh IMO would make this game so much more balanced, and this is comming from someone with a 150 goh sura

#14 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:47 AM

where do you get 65% resist from weight alone? your way of calcing it doesnt factor in the caster portion. you also would need to have 13k weight in order to get a 65 number from half weight for that portion of the formula

the masq formula is so random tho with the random numbers from caster dex and the random numbers from agi/luck from the target then what it was intitially thought to be. but no doubt weight is a huge bonus that no one figured

Edited by Andini, 04 November 2011 - 11:56 AM.

#15 Zeca

Zeca

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:07 PM

are you racist against other black mens or against white people?

#16 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:44 PM

where do you get 65% resist from weight alone? your way of calcing it doesnt factor in the caster portion. you also would need to have 13k weight in order to get a 65 number from half weight for that portion of the formula

the masq formula is so random tho with the random numbers from caster dex and the random numbers from agi/luck from the target then what it was intitially thought to be. but no doubt weight is a huge bonus that no one figured

I messed up in the formula guesstimating, but my idea was something like 15% from base level + 50%~ from weight and chaser having about 100%~ chance xP. I guess it doesn't go that much high without investing status points, but it seems still much more resistable than it seems now...

#17 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:17 PM

Big difference...

Clashing is affected by Gloomy Shyness

Hundred Spears is not

It won't be a strong.

Also, the sound effects on Hundred Spears is unbearable if you heard it once. xD

RKs gotta be smarter with their skill point investment now.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 04 November 2011 - 01:18 PM.

#18 Astraeos

Astraeos

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 666 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:37 PM

only big change wit rks is storm blast... it dumb that you can do ~25k storm blasts with just a mjolnir... not even the strongest weapon

#19 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:38 PM

Change is hard sometimes, but I wouldn't get too down on it until we can actually test things.
Some classes are simply being gutted and I guess everyone will just have to adapt. I'm just hoping that the iRO GMs don't put their hands into skill formulas and ruin things further.

#20 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:48 PM

Hundred Spears is not

Untrue. HS is going to be affected by Gloomy.

I seriously don't understand why there is so much QQ with RK's. You can run around immune to Frozen and stone without the need of Marc and ED the entire WoE compared to other classes and take less than 50% damage from Mages. DBreath is untouched. 4k HP reduction barely dents its damage.

Until you become as useless as my Ranger. I see no reason to QQ.

#21 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:53 PM

doesn't db not ignore ratial/elemental reductions /increased by archer skel cards/etc or are these not coming the same time

Edited by Andini, 04 November 2011 - 02:03 PM.

#22 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:56 PM

People really should stop spreading rumours...

#23 Dioznitsio

Dioznitsio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • LocationVeracruz, Mexico
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:58 PM

finally an OP class is going to be more "normal" and not just AoE 1 hit KO anymore, why QQ for it?? if u want a 1 hit KO take a sura and its done.

#24 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:59 PM

People really should stop spreading rumours...

which part cloggy

#25 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:21 PM

which part cloggy

About it being reduced by Demi obviously. kRO doesn't even have this yet and people are expecting it to hit us before them? Seriously. Overreaction much? It'll take at least 2 years before this happens on iRO from the paste that things are going. <.<

Edited by Clogon, 04 November 2011 - 02:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users