You should really consider this. - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

You should really consider this.

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 Sheena1234

Sheena1234

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationA Throne
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:34 PM

Okay~ so like, you really need to consider adding new hairstyles, I CRINGE everytime i see someone that's the same class with the same color hair, and the same hairstyle even sometimes the same headgears! I go crazy trying to switch them, but then i find another > w<; I'd have to resort to buying one of those Paper bags and just putting it over my head :l. PLEASE make some new hairstyles <3 You should consider the girls that play this game you know~ <3

#2 Sheena1234

Sheena1234

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationA Throne

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:36 PM

I've been playing since likeee 2005, and the Lighthazen ones, are ugly to be honest. Well 2 are KIND of cute but ehhh.

#3 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:50 PM

Are they all rogue wearing the St. Patty Hat? I see them a lot too.

#4 Sheena1234

Sheena1234

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationA Throne

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:54 PM

It's like with any characters really xD But I haven't seen a rouge witha st patricks hat :Emo_18:

#5 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:59 PM

Well you know what they say, all white people look alike.

#6 Sheena1234

Sheena1234

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationA Throne

Posted 05 November 2011 - 07:12 PM

LOL, that's true xD ;w ;But if my hair is different I wouldnt mind :Emo_18:

#7 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 November 2011 - 07:32 PM

ITT: women's problems

Edited by Agahim, 05 November 2011 - 07:33 PM.

#8 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 05 November 2011 - 07:45 PM

I've been begging for more sprite color dyes and hairstyles and Posted Image
I mean seeing as other official servers have them, why can't we?
I want that second ninja class hairstyle for females and males. Talk about badass.

The costume tab is going to be a fail and half seeing how they made it, but adding more customizeable options such as simple cosmetics and not gears would definitely boost their sales in dyes.

I suggested something along the lines of this:

Every class sprite has their two defining colors (usually)
Well I propose that we have Red/Yellow/Blue, Orange/Green/Purple/Pink, White/Black/Brown.

That's 10 basic colors that we should be able to choose from for the main colors of our clothing and then the details as well. No bright neon colors that will strain your eyesight, either.

Say I'm a Wanderer.
I can be red cloth with black feathers. I can be Purple cloth with pink feathers. (and so on and so forth)

If you really think about it, it suits the number of players in the game nicely and allows enough options to single yourself out without some hat.
Having an item to single yourself out is upsetting... especially when someone likes what you've got going on and then "becomes you".

Edited by Okii, 05 November 2011 - 07:53 PM.

#9 Sheena1234

Sheena1234

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationA Throne

Posted 05 November 2011 - 07:54 PM

OMG EXACTLY, that would be amazing <3 and I'm not to big of a fan of the hair for that, but They should make more long haired ones that aren't sooo.... Ugly I have a wanderer too but I see most of them with the same hairstyle it's so sad sometimes D:

#10 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 05 November 2011 - 07:59 PM

OMG EXACTLY, that would be amazing <3 and I'm not to big of a fan of the hair for that, but They should make more long haired ones that aren't sooo.... Ugly I have a wanderer too but I see most of them with the same hairstyle it's so sad sometimes D:

That's cause like only 3 or 4 hairstyles are cute in general, then only 2 of those look good on your class sprite.
It's a shame.

Revamp hairstyles preez~!

#11 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:04 PM

It wouldn't be amazing, belive me.
Look over to fRO. Instead of the official alternative dyes, they have around 5 custom dyes which just look terrible because they're poorly done.
This server shouldn't look like a p-server ;o

I do wish for the 2nd alt dye though, and I think it would be ok with just it till korea does another one that looks decent.

And of course I'm in for new hairstyles! In contrary to a dye pallette, they should be done easily and added easily - maybe we could make a hairstyle contest like the headgear ones? :3
Would be awesome, because I think that there are many in the community who're able to do a great variety of good hairstyles ^^

#12 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:10 PM

RO isn't meant for it's character customization to be too deep. You'll find that's true with many Asian games, it's just not something their players care much about.

I definitely do want more hairstyles, but just adding a few isn't going to do away with duplicates especially since many players tend to agree one which hairstyles and which colors look the best.

#13 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:55 PM

Look over to fRO. Instead of the official alternative dyes, they have around 5 custom dyes which just look terrible because they're poorly done.

I do wish for the 2nd alt dye though, and I think it would be ok with just it till korea does another one that looks decent.

And of course I'm in for new hairstyles! In contrary to a dye pallette, they should be done easily and added easily - maybe we could make a hairstyle contest like the headgear ones? :3
Would be awesome, because I think that there are many in the community who're able to do a great variety of good hairstyles ^^

lol ok Rutana.
If you think having more clothing dye options would make iRO look like a pserver, then you're nuts.
Yeah more color options so what?
bRO has them and they aren't a pserver.

RO isn't meant for it's character customization to be too deep. You'll find that's true with many Asian games, it's just not something their players care much about.

What is RO about then? It's got no storyline and is supposed to be about kawaii-ness and doing what you want. If you can't express yourself more then you're just another duplicate running around aimlessly doing nothing. Is that what RO is?

Edited by Okii, 05 November 2011 - 09:57 PM.

#14 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:00 PM

Does it need to be about something?

#15 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:02 PM

Does it need to be about something?

That's an interesting answer.
If RO isn't about something, then it is what you make it.
If it's what you make it, then it should be more about self expression.
Without self expression, you're just another slice from the cookie cutter.

#16 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:04 PM

We can't all be special.

#17 Sheena1234

Sheena1234

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationA Throne

Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:05 PM

Well, than instead of adding just a few, add a huge variety of them~ (For the hair styles) As for the clothing dye topic, I'd say yes there should be more color option but not to get WILD like every color of the rainbow (meaning like turqoiuse, magenta etc) Ragnarok's sprites are cute so in my oppinion there should be just as options to make your own person to fit your own uniqe personality. With all the new 3rd jobs etc, old hairstyles dont look as good as they used to and none really "Look right"

#18 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:30 PM

Well, than instead of adding just a few, add a huge variety of them~ (For the hair styles) As for the clothing dye topic, I'd say yes there should be more color option but not to get WILD like every color of the rainbow (meaning like turqoiuse, magenta etc) Ragnarok's sprites are cute so in my oppinion there should be just as options to make your own person to fit your own uniqe personality. With all the new 3rd jobs etc, old hairstyles dont look as good as they used to and none really "Look right"

Exactly. I don't want those bright or obnoxious colors (like that greenish yellow or neons).
Just more basic color options. The primary and secondary colors. Simple color scheme and enough options to work with.
White and Black should be usable as well imo.

Gravity would make so much by doing this, and it would only be a win win situation.
I really don't see any downside to this.

#19 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:56 PM

Having more palettes is not the problem. THIS is the problem. If people took good care of their palettes, then it would be good.

Sincerely, I hate the official second alt dyes. They are mostly based on brown tones... So ugly >.<

#20 Sheena1234

Sheena1234

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationA Throne

Posted 05 November 2011 - 11:30 PM

This is just my own personal taste, but i think the color brown on clothing in general is just hideous > w<;, Let alone putting it on my char xP, If they do, end up making more colors for clothing dye I really hope they aren't going to be as ugly as the RG dyes, and so many other ugly colors....
But what I want to see first is hairstyles :x Even some of the NPC's have better hair styles it's so sad that even the NPCS get to look better than the players :x

#21 Sheena1234

Sheena1234

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationA Throne

Posted 05 November 2011 - 11:32 PM

It's not like we're asking for the ability to change skin color, or eye color (which wouldn't be a bad idea) :x

#22 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 06 November 2011 - 12:15 AM

It's not like we're asking for the ability to change skin color, or eye color (which wouldn't be a bad idea) :x

I brought that up too and I was told it'd be too difficult to make different skin tones. (and that it isn't really important, once again)
/sigh

#23 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 November 2011 - 05:54 AM

For the skin tones... remember it's an asian game. Most people who're living there share the same skin thone, so it's nothing that comes in mind to them.
Isn't a big difference to germany, too, btw. Here are rather few "black" people - and if you come across one, you don't pay attention because normally, people don't judge by skin thone here - it's not that big of a deal. (Of course there are exceptions, like in every country)
So this is why we won't see that anytime soon I guess, if at all.

asayuu nailed the point.
It's not about "Having more dye options make the server look like a p-server", it's about the quality of the dye.
You can argue if you like a color sheme or not of course, I personally love the 2nd alt dye pallette and it's basically a matter of taste.
But there are dyes that just look so horrible and poorly done, that you think it's from a p-server - and this is exactly what you find on fRO. Really, this server looks more like an p-server in total than an official, that's just sad.

This is why I meant to let this job done by korea. Maybe we have to wait for a new palette, but if the palette is done good (which not means it has to be the taste of everyone, but fitting into the game), it's worth the wait. Especially since it's nothing too important. It's awesome, but not important ^^

Hairstyles are way easier to make, especially from normal players, since you don't really have so much you need to pay attention to.

#24 Sheena1234

Sheena1234

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationA Throne

Posted 06 November 2011 - 09:51 AM

Well for skin tones, I honestly don't think are that important and could really do with out because yeah it's an asian game and i'm sure most people would be picking the default skin tones anyway~ (Eye color would be nice but that also goes into the same category:P) Even so I honestly think they should have had a wider variety of hairstyles by now :x It's not like a big impact for the game but it's something that alot of people would really like, and I'm sure not only the girls would agree. As for the palettes.... it's a nice feeling to be able to feel unique in this game considering that there are so many other classes and people that are the same as yours that if you were to line up everyone so many of them would be identical you wouldn't really feel unique, but maybe that's just me :x. With the clothing dye coupon it's rather disapointing that you don't get an option with what color.... someone of them are drop dead ugly like seriously.... for example the paladin that green and yellow or whatever is REALLY ugly but the crusader dye was really cute o^ o.

#25 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 November 2011 - 10:31 AM

Maybe with the clothes - see it as uniforms. Like typical uniforms in schools or special jobs (like stewardess, nurse, etc).
People there also "look the same" based on their clothes ^^

On a side note - I wouldn't even like Eye Colors.
Not only that they wouldn't look that good (speeking as a spriter who allready tried to add eye colors, too) - many allready gave their characters eye colors and it would be harsh for them not choosing the eye color they choosed ;o
(besides it would cause a massive amount of recources, since they would need to make every single head with every single eyecolor... x_x)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users