Suggestions for latest patch -RAIDERS,CHAMPS - Page 2 - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Suggestions for latest patch -RAIDERS,CHAMPS

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#26 Xros

Xros

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 09:16 AM

@Xros: Saying they are entitled to have the 2nd highest defense is too vague because the difference in defense between a knight and a low defense class is huge (numerically). They should indeed probably have the 2nd highest defense, but that value shouldn't be around the 9k range. That is too close to knights. I think 5k would be more fair.
And they don't have the 2nd highest HP, they have the same HP as knights.

Yes Rose has this habit of never being balanced, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't keep trying to get it right. Who knows, sooner or later it might actually happen.

yea brown, i know that champs shouldn't have that much def, they should look into that and yea they have the same hp.. i just copied and pasted it and forgot hp passives are both in soldier skill tree..

and about Rose, i was just being sarcastic.. i know they're doing their best to balance things and they're listening and considering some suggestions and feedbacks from the community to get things right.. in their own pace..

#27 Xros

Xros

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 09:28 AM

well i do get the point in what you talk but apart from stats and skills its all up to who wins and who loses and how good are you
and with any possible combination champs still make it to or close to that top as follows
1)farming - ill say best farmers better than mages or bourgs cuz they can AOE continously and tank without having to worry much about how many a mob attacks you
2)PVP-currently champs are THE BEST in PVP
if any champ says that champs are not OP thats cuz he hasnt been able to strike the right combination of skills and ultimately every dog has his day and a champ is bound to gain access to a great skill built

IF ANY THING
a champs versitality in choice of skills shud be confined so that there will always be a limit to amount of greatness he can attain

as you see the DEV team is nerfing skills instead of decreasing their choice
SO that,for a champ who has managed to strike the right combo of skills will be pretty much balanced inspite of whatever you say

AND
Xros I wonder where you put all those SPs if you dont take any of the above mentioned skills

this is one of the things i was suggesting to a few threads before.. one of the reason champ become OP, is that they can access skills previously confined to a specific weapon.. thats y we see a PVM champ w/ 4 aoes or a PVP champ w/ 4 stuns (b4 soul wreck got changed)..

hmm about where i put all my sps. its all in champion 2hsword branch (maxed all 2hweapon, 2hsword skills and passives except spear and axe skills and passives and also the mp one) and soldier skill tree (the only skills i dont have here, are the last hp passive skill and mute).. been like this for almost 3 yrs now.. still waiting for devs to do positive and balanced changes to champ, b4 touching it.)

#28 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 September 2010 - 11:12 AM

@Xros: Saying they are entitled to have the 2nd highest defense is too vague because the difference in defense between a knight and a low defense class is huge (numerically). They should indeed probably have the 2nd highest defense, but that value shouldn't be around the 9k range. That is too close to knights. I think 5k would be more fair.
And they don't have the 2nd highest HP, they have the same HP as knights.

Yes Rose has this habit of never being balanced, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't keep trying to get it right. Who knows, sooner or later it might actually happen.

I'll check the difference in defense between my knight and champ later; but before blocking the damage received isn't that much. 5k would be too low though, a bourg with 10 gear can get 5k defense, with the same gear I guess champs could be about in the 7k range.

#29 Aldrine

Aldrine

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 12:40 PM

Span i dare you to use a raider or scout and pvp a champ with decent gears in TG. try being at the receiving end of champ attacks for once. that is if ur not chicken Posted Image

Why don't u use a champ and beat a raider / scout ? I bet raider / scout classes have more decent gears compared to existing champions right now :p_omg: .

Sorry but i don't need to use a champ to beat raiders or scouts. But ur jst Posted Image

Edited by Aldrine, 06 September 2010 - 03:14 PM.

#30 BrownBear

BrownBear

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 712 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 06 September 2010 - 04:41 PM

I'll check the difference in defense between my knight and champ later; but before blocking the damage received isn't that much. 5k would be too low though, a bourg with 10 gear can get 5k defense, with the same gear I guess champs could be about in the 7k range.

Ah, did not know bourgs got that high. If that is the case, then yes 7k (on average) should be fair.

#31 Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • LocationIndia-Mumbai

Posted 06 September 2010 - 09:19 PM

Why don't u use a champ and beat a raider / scout ? I bet raider / scout classes have more decent gears compared to existing champions right now :p_devil: .

Best Pvp has always been mages and still is , they pwn champ theres no doubt , the SPs r putted into the requirements that are completely useless same goes for others .

i bet u that with a decent luminous set mages wont be a big deal of problem for CHAMPS
so as you see mages have a specific counter unlike champs who dont have any specific counter move/skill/class

#32 Graziano

Graziano

Scout Representative

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • LocationLost
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 07 September 2010 - 04:25 AM

Oh my God , lets nerve champions AP by 4000 cause its OP !!! Then movement speed by 1000 cause they should run like turtles then make their AOES 3 m range since the sword / spear / axe doesn't reach 10 m . Oh wait they will still be OP , hmmm anymore suggestions ?

This pls
and yes they should'nt run that fast, not saying they shouldnt beat up a turtle when they have a race, but still.

Edited by Graziano, 07 September 2010 - 04:27 AM.

#33 paLDube

paLDube

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 696 posts
  • Locationheaven
  • Server:leonis

Posted 07 September 2010 - 10:36 PM

As for Raiders-I agree with mystic knife suggestions.raiders already have debuff individually ..so i dont think they need one more. .dunno about duals didnt play dual raider

Champs- I agree .as far as i know champs can learn 3 mspeed passive skill (spear mastery, advance spear mastery and quick step)
Leave the HP alone they are fine . In my opinion make the defense passive on the champs skill tree to active skill . .
give em a little boost of mp-def i guess . .and lower their def instead . .
leave the mute they are fine . ..
Blood attack is fine i think . .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users